• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Stuart Kelly

• Peter

• Jon Letendre

• Brant Gaede

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is intriguing.  I've been fairly obsessed for about a year with thinking about details.  I find microbiology fascinating. I wouldn't be wise, however, to talk about details.  The schemers are

That's what it says at the top of the page.  Your point?  It's not like this thread has devolved into a medley of cat videos.  Yet.  

That is astonishing. Thanks Jon. Behaviors that can cause a kid, later in life to be screwed up enough to become addicts or to kill themselves, needs a remedy and if the answer is chemical or physical

Posted Images

On 12/8/2019 at 6:17 AM, Jon Letendre said:

He also said that those people are not far right, but a mix of all political persuasions.

Did everyone see 34% black support for Trump? This is unprecedented. This was previously known to be impossible for a Republican, let alone the most racist one ever.

Nothing can stop the Justice that is coming.

Hi Jon, would you give a link to the black support figure? I was asked for it on another forum. ;)

Thx.

2 hours ago, anthony said:

Hi Jon, would you give a link to the black support figure? I was asked for it on another forum. 😉

Thx.

Tell them they will have success searching:

Trump black support

Search:

Trump black support 36

to see studies yielding 36% support.

These figures were previously understood to be impossible by all sane people.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:26 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Trump and Q are allied. Each has demonstrated their alignment with the other dozens of times.

Start looking at the links below every day and you will see more demonstrations, live.

The Medic will show you and explain and you can use your own reason and find out yourself. He will simply show you Trump tweets and Q posts and your reason will lead you to the conclusion that Trump and Q are on a team.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of small Trump references to Q. Even Melania’s Christmas videos contain Q references. Melania could be Q. Is there any such thing as a domino with value 17? The dominos I know go to 12, six little dots on each side, that’s the highest value domino. For years, the Q mileu has substituted “17” for Q, as it is the 17th letter in the alphabet. It does not matter what I think of numerology — For years the Q world has used and noticed others using “17” for “Q.” Melania put a domino with value of 17 in her tree. Think what you will of this, but know that this hasn’t happened a few times or a dozen times, these “small Q references” have occurred many hundreds of times. All the past ones are well documented below, dig in for those or just start watching for future ones. Trump signals his alignment with Q routinely.

https://qmap.pub

https://mobile.twitter.com/prayingmedic

Demonstrations today by the Medic.

Are you watching?

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Hey! I was a medic! I used to pray for napalm!

--Brant

all I got was Puff the Magic Dragon --and HE (and nap)

Were you serving in Honolee? 

edit. They have video of the AC 47 being used in Vietnam. I didn't watch. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" is even worse. Though I did watch some old WWII footage of flamethrowers being used. gross.

10 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Hey! I was a medic! I used to pray for napalm!

--Brant

all I got was Puff the Magic Dragon --and HE (and nap)

Brant,

The best novel about Vietnam I ever read was one I just read.

Up Country
by Nelson DeMille

As a thriller, it's a bit of a slog because DeMille stops and looks and remembers too much in between chases and other danger. But for those who were there, I bet this is quite a ride. I wasn't there. Still, I forced myself to slow down and look along with this bittersweet story (and I'm glad I did). 

Your Puff the Magic Dragon as all you got quip put a bow tie on it.

:)

Michael

Two articles of impeachment were just passed on partisan lines by the House Judiciary Committee.

Now they will go to the floor.

As a Trump supporter, I don't feel any threat at all.

I feel a kinda cringe, the kind when you see a loudmouthed pipsqueak make a charge against a gigantic steamroller. These Dems are poking a lion with a really short stick.

(The lion being American voters.)

When I look to the future of the Dems, I want to duck and skedaddle for them.

Michael

On 12/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, Peter said:

I agree that it is correct to have backlash against the polarized left wing media but my fear is that “unknown sources” who suggest conspiracies can have a worrisome effect on anyone who does not fact check and use reason.

For some real snark that Wikipedia just can't beat ... https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/QAnon

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Here's a quote from that article:

... a QAnon book called QAnon: An Invitation to the Great Awakening was written by a number of anonymous authors and reached number goddamn 2 on Amazon's algorithmically generated “hot new releases” and best-sellers lists.

Number goddamn 2?

How rational.

But wait!

There's more!

Because of that oh-so rational "number goddamn 2" on the oh-so rational Rational Wiki dot Org, I got intrigued and bought a copy. Kindle is having a sale on it for a couple of bucks, so I just now got it.

image.png

Hot dayaamm!

Michael

EDIT: I just read that Rational Wiki article a little more carefully. The people who contributed to that sound batshit irrationally scared as all rational hell. :)  

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Man, is Jake Tapper scared.

The tell is that he keeps interrupting Rand Paul with quacking.

Rand Paul is taking smart pills. How could he put up with that guy without losing his cool? And how can you interview someone and then not let them talk? What disgusting behavior. I don't think Rand Paul could get the nomination in 2024 but I will not lightly say, he could be a distinguished vice president. I wonder if it will be Pence, and two Hispanic guys seeking the nomination in 2024? You know Marco and Ted something or other? Get back into the news guys. 

Is it ever too soon in politics? Is it too soon to have a thread titled 2024? Maybe, so I will put this on El Presidente’s thread. Who could best run the country to make us freer, safer and more prosperous and carry on the Donald Trump revolution? What could Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, or Mike Pence say to win the 2024 nomination? Some suggestions.

About a Ronald Reagan speech. At the end of World War II, Europe was divided. No nation was more negatively affected than Germany – a free, democratic republic in the west, but the east under authoritarian, Communist control, ruled by the Soviet Union. When President Reagan took office, he committed not only to bringing freedom to Czechoslovakia, Poland, Hungary and all the other nations under Soviet domination, but to bring down the entire “Evil Empire” Soviet system. While Franklin D. Roosevelt led America to victory in World War II and Lincoln gets the credit for holding America together in the War Between the States, it is Reagan whose strategies won the 40-year-long Cold War. There is no more memorable and symbolic moment of his influence than his June 12, 1987 speech at the Berlin Wall, the most visible symbol of the Soviet “Iron Curtain.” There, he challenged Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev to bring down the concrete and barbed-wire barrier that barred East Germans from even being able to visit West Berlin.

Ronald Reagan's Remarks at the Brandenburg Gate. We believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

Ronald Reagan's "Space Shuttle Challenger" Address. On January 28, 1986, millions of Americans witnessed the explosion of the space shuttle Challenger just 73 seconds after it lifted off from Kennedy Space Center. Just a few hours after the disaster, President Reagan spoke to the nation: We’ve grown used to wonders in this century. It’s hard to dazzle us. But for 25 years the United States space program has been doing just that. We’ve grown used to the idea of space, and perhaps we forget that we’ve only just begun. We’re still pioneers. They, the members of the Challenger crew, were pioneers. The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we’ll continue to follow them. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for the journey and waved goodbye … And ‘slipped the surly bonds of earth’ to ‘touch the face of God.’

President John F. Kennedy. But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas? We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. Because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills. Because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept – one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.

FDR after Pearl Harbor. Yesterday, December 7, 1941a date which will live in infamythe United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan. Always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this, the American people in their righteous might will win – through to absolute victory. We will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us. With confidence in our armed forces – with the unbounding determination of our people – we will gain the inevitable triumph, so help us God!

Theodore Roosevelt, Five Minutes After Being Shot. Fiery orator, dramatic speaker Theodore Roosevelt was shot by anarchist John Schrank as the president rose to give an address in Milwaukee on October, 14, 1912. Schrank had stalked the Roosevelt for thousands of miles before getting a clear shot at him – and was immediately arrested. He spent the rest of his life in a mental institution. Roosevelt, on the other hand, propelled America into world power status and ended up on Mount Rushmore with Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln. Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible. I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose. But fortunately I had my manuscript, so you see I was going to make a long speech, and there is a bullet - there is where the bullet went through - and it probably saved me from it going into my heart. The bullet is in me now, so that I cannot make a very long speech, but I will try my best. And now, friends, I shall have to cut short much of that speech that I meant to give you, but I want to touch on just two or three points. In the first place, we do not regard as essential the way in which a man worships his God or as being affected by where he was born. We regard it as a matter of spirit and purpose. Now, friends, in the same way I want our people to stand by one another without regard to differences or class or occupation. I ask you to look at our declaration and hear and read our platform about social and industrial justice. And now, friends, I want to take advantage of this incident to say a word of solemn warning to my fellow countrymen. First of all, I am telling you the literal truth when I say that my concern is for many other things. It is not in the least for my own life. I want you to understand that no man has had a happier life than I have led; a happier life in every way. I am in this cause with my whole heart and soul. What I care for is my country.

President Abraham Lincoln. With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.