Donald Trump

Trump is increasingly marginalizing himself with his know nothing approach to his campaign. By "know nothing" I mean know nothing enough about foreign and domestic issues to properly orient and base his candidacy so he goes looking for people to counter or attack and gets it back as flack. He's going to learn if he gets the nomination the difference between support and active support or formal support up front while being back-stabbed and under-cut in more subtle ways.

--Brant

Trump is increasingly marginalizing himself with his know nothing approach to his campaign.

Brant,

This presumes Trump was not marginalized to begin with. From my perspective, his increasing support numbers are going in the opposite direction of marginalization.

As to the infighting with supposed lack of substance, here is a good visual of what he is fighting right now:

09.25.2015-09.14.png

This photo, with Jeb Bush, Rupert Murdoch and Valerie Jarrett enjoying each other's company, was taken at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council Dinner in December of last year. These doofuses are so contemptuous of the Silent Majority, they didn't even try to hide it.

Do you really think arguing about the particulars and minutia of specific policies can fight that?

I say let Trump use his marketing genius as he may.

btw - Here is how I think of Trump's generalities when he stumps and the complaint by pundits that he has no policy. The following quote is from Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.

During the world war, a Chicago newspaper published certain editorials in which, among other statements, Henry Ford was called "an ignorant pacifist." Mr. Ford objected to the statements, and brought suit against the paper for libeling him. When the suit was tried in the Courts, the attorneys for the paper pleaded justification, and placed Mr. Ford, himself, on the witness stand, for the purpose of proving to the jury that he was ignorant. The attorneys asked Mr. Ford a great variety of questions, all of them intended to prove, by his own evidence, that, while he might possess considerable specialized knowledge pertaining to the manufacture of automobiles, he was, in the main, ignorant.

Mr. Ford was plied with such questions as the following:

"Who was Benedict Arnold?" and "How many soldiers did the British send over to America to put down the Rebellion of 1776?" In answer to the last question, Mr. Ford replied, "I do not know the exact number of soldiers the British sent over, but I have heard that it was a considerably larger number than ever went back."

Finally, Mr. Ford became tired of this line of questioning, and in reply to a particularly offensive question, he leaned over, pointed his finger at the lawyer who had asked the question, and said, "If I should really WANT to answer the foolish question you have just asked, or any of the other questions you have been asking me, let me remind you that I have a row of electric push-buttons on my desk, and by pushing the right button, I can summon to my aid men who can answer ANY question I desire to ask concerning the business to which I am devoting most of my efforts. Now, will you kindly tell me, WHY I should clutter up my mind with general knowledge, for the purpose of being able to answer questions, when I have men around me who can supply any knowledge I require?"

There certainly was good logic to that reply.

That answer floored the lawyer. Every person in the courtroom realized it was the answer, not of an ignorant man, but of a man of EDUCATION. Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge when he needs it, and how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of action.

Men of action build magnificent real estate developments, produce top TV shows, write bestselling books and so on.

I seriously doubt Trump knows the proper settings for operating a specific jackhammer or the compressive strength of all the different grades of concrete. Yet he puts up skyscrapers that don't fall down. On the contrary, the world's wealthiest and most powerful people vie with each other to inhabit them.

Michael

Cops aren't builders. He's running for top cop. Government doesn't need a builder. It needs a demolition expert. It needs to be blown up (in parts), twisted, blocked and turned. It needs to be bitch-slapped silly. This doesn't mean Trump won't do some of that. He's truly the great unknown that way. I'm talking about him getting there.

Carly Forino might me up to that too. I think she was a lousy CEO of HP. That doesn't matter. What matters is she pissed off so many people there. Maybe she can piss off a lot of bureaucrats too.

--Brant

Dayaamm!

I just went to SLOP for the first time in a long time and there is an anti-Trump article by Perigo (see here).

This is a perfect example of someone who would not know what a real producer is if it bit him on the ass. And that is the problem I have seen in O-Land over and over. People want ideologically correct words. They just don't see achievements.

If the words are correct, they'll rationalize the rest.

But the funniest line was the following. That dude said this about Trump:

He seems to be exactly what Governor Bobby Jindal called him: a shallow Narcissist.

:smile:

If anyone can take that statement seriously from that source, they deserve what they get.

Michael

Trump is increasingly marginalizing himself with his know nothing approach to his campaign. By "know nothing" I mean know nothing enough about foreign and domestic issues to properly orient and base his candidacy so he goes looking for people to counter or attack and gets it back as flack. He's going to learn if he gets the nomination the difference between support and active support or formal support up front while being back-stabbed and under-cut in more subtle ways.

--Brant

Am I too assume fine sir that you agree on all three of my documented predictions on this thread ?

Apple was a great short , the exact day I stated it .

Jays win division while they were at least 3 or 4 behind Yanks

Ol boy Trumpy has zero chance .

Here is the 4th , Harper wins another majority up here ( no surprise but many Liberals and NDPers -communist party )

Dayaamm!

I just went to SLOP for the first time in a long time and there is an anti-Trump article by Perigo (see here).

This is a perfect example of someone who would not know what a real producer is if it bit him on the ass. And that is the problem I have seen in O-Land over and over. People want ideologically correct words. They just don't see achievements.

If the words are correct, they'll rationalize the rest.

But the funniest line was the following. That dude said this about Trump:

He seems to be exactly what Governor Bobby Jindal called him: a shallow Narcissist.

If anyone can take that statement seriously from that source, they deserve what they get.

Michael

Hahahaha! That's hilarious! Perpetually self-promoting, zero-talent, self-destructive, failure-in-life, blowhard, moron Pigero calling someone else a shallow narcissist! Hahahahaha!!!

J

Does anyone on this thread think Carson , or Carly have a shot ?

Yes, I do because of the way the fools set up the primary schedule in the Republican Party.

Also, the "prime voter" in Republican primaries is in virtual open revolt against the folks running the party...a number approaching 62%.

However, I am also a Yankee psychotic...I already complimented you on that call and you certainly have a "better" team at this point in the season. The acquisitions that they made fit beautifully. It was like the Dave D. trade:

During the 1968-1969 season, DeBusschere was traded to the New York Knicks for Walt Bellamy and Howard Komives.

What made the trade that led directly to the only two NY Knick championships, which I had seasons tickets to, was also who left the team. Additionally, Dave, my personal idol, was named one of the top 50 in NBA history.

So, I am sticking with the gal who I brung to the dance and will ride it to the finish.

Do you think the Jays will win the AL championship?

I would love to see a NY Jays playoff series...

A...

As to the infighting with supposed lack of substance, here is a good visual of what he is fighting right now:

09.25.2015-09.14.png

This photo, with Jeb Bush, Rupert Murdoch and Valerie Jarrett enjoying each other's company, was taken at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council Dinner in December of last year. These doofuses are so contemptuous of the Silent Majority, they didn't even try to hide it.

For those who skimmed, I came across this:

09.25.2015-11.33.png

:)

Michael

--Brant

Am I too assume fine sir that you agree on all three of my documented predictions on this thread ?

Here is the 4th , Harper wins another majority up here ( no surprise but many Liberals and NDPers -communist party )

Don't brag unless you actually sold Apple short near that 130 price and covered for a nice profit. I would never have paid that price to buy at that time. Short selling is part of a trading discipline. I don't trade. As for buying Apple at all--not interested for reasons not specified.

--Brant

Trump's chances are more than zero, but go to Vegas; they must be running betting lines

sports?--I don't need no stinkin' sports!

Bobby J...

is?jrdO1SPmZEhBXbzLk4YQ7VECjFnbwucxAg26X                          =     

alfred e neuman photo:  alfred_e_neuman.gif

I have tried to defend this moron to folks - Deanna for one on OL.

However, I have to admit, Jindal expresses himself in the stupidest possible semantic and tone.

A...

--Brant

Don't brag unless you actually sold Apple short near that 130 price and covered for a nice profit. I would never have paid that price to buy at that time. Short selling is part of a trading discipline. I don't trade. As for buying Apple at all--not interested for reasons not specified.

--Brant

Trump's chances are more than zero, but go to Vegas; they must be running betting lines

sports?--I don't need no stinkin' sports!

I hear you but then when Trump pulls out of the race and supports the eventual winner , are you telling me that I cannot boast then unless I put money on Trump not winning ?

I am actually sick of sports so I do agree there too !

Curious about the Vegas lines , I wonder what those lines would be . I bet you a lot less than the folks on this thread would guess , just saying

Does anyone on this thread think Carson , or Carly have a shot ?

Yes, I do because of the way the fools set up the primary schedule in the Republican Party.

Also, the "prime voter" in Republican primaries is in virtual open revolt against the folks running the party...a number approaching 62%.

However, I am also a Yankee psychotic...I already complimented you on that call and you certainly have a "better" team at this point in the season. The acquisitions that they made fit beautifully. It was like the Dave D. trade:

During the 1968-1969 season, DeBusschere was traded to the New York Knicks for Walt Bellamy and Howard Komives.

What made the trade that led directly to the only two NY Knick championships, which I had seasons tickets to, was also who left the team. Additionally, Dave, my personal idol, was named one of the top 50 in NBA history.

So, I am sticking with the gal who I brung to the dance and will ride it to the finish.

Do you think the Jays will win the AL championship?

I would love to see a NY Jays playoff series...

A...

I am not saying this cause I live here in Toronto cause I love my teams based on my love , not geography . Followed my beloved Philly Flyers and Steelers since 1970 on both . Jays though seem like they just cannot lose . I cannot see anyone beat them , in the World Series , who knows but I would bet on them to bring us our 3rd !

I may be wrong here but I do not think the voters in the primaries are the same as who these folks poll . Like our leader states , they have war rooms on this guy so how rational can our decision be based on folks who do not have all the info yet . When the war room starts pumping out the propaganda and DT needs to actually explain something such as his immigration policy vis a vis a Rubio or Bush . Then voters will see the real DT .

I just learned there are about 40 different species of the genus corvus (crow).

Choices, choices...

I don't know why I thought of that just now...

Michael

And each of those species will represent me speaking about this for the next 40 months after DT makes his deal to become the rainmaker . He is a deal maker , not a politician . So if DT pulls out in Feb , you got me nagging you for 40 months stating shit like " You think Trump will run again in 2020 or has he decided not to run for the 4th time "

And each of those species will represent me speaking about this for the next 40 months after DT makes his deal to become the rainmaker . He is a deal maker , not a politician . So if DT pulls out in Feb , you got me nagging you for 40 months stating shit like " You think Trump will run again in 2020 or has he decided not to run for the 4th time "

Let's go with your supposition...what would the deal look like to you? Take a shot at it because I have thought about what he will do if he goes into the convention with 35 to 42 % of the delegates in his complete control.

Your magic number is 6 with 9 to play...they would have to kidnap your team to have them blow this...

A...

Trump in Oklahoma last night:

Around the 8:44 mark, he made the cameras do a pan of the crowd. They were reluctant to pan, too. They tried doing just a little and he goaded them on. When they did, the large crowd was there.

He's making a fool out of the media. But let's see what the media later reports.

Michael