Donald Trump

This is framed: "against the background of heightened tensions" - following the president's decision to pull out of the nuclear arms deal. i.e. the latter ~caused~ the first. Once again, the causative ineptness of determinist leftists. Who also gullibly believe that feeding the dragon will ensure "our" safety (peace in "our times", if only for certain places). Mr Obama must be secretly pleased in this escalation by Tehran. The MSM don't even pretend to hide their delight. The mullahs are not stupid, they are playing these political divisions and militarily testing the waters for all they are worth. What I have heard by them, in effect: "You broke our deal, which we achieved by promising that Iran was peaceful and had no interest in nuclear weapons, so now, in just retaliation, we will build those weapons and attack". Spot the self-contradiction.

Iran was never, deal or none, an honest participant. Pres Trump knew this.

When Iran shot down our drone, it was in international space, per President Trump. I am hoping our pressure will have an affect but to paraphrase an Iranian top Mullah, “When we have an atomic bomb we will immediately use it to destroy Israel.” Iran exemplifies just what a rogue nation is. Iran may insist our "coercion" of them is nearly warlike but are they stupid enough to want a real war? Remember their war with Iraq, for it may show some of their tactics in a future conflict. Israel should "batten down the hatches," to use a nautical phrase.

Tony wrote, "Iran was never, deal or none, an honest participant. Pres Trump knew this."

I hope for peace. Iran has had protests/uprisings from their young people and I thought over time, as they gain status, their society would be changed by the younger folks. I see Trump is talking to the Canadian PM about our gains in NAFTA.  So, our daily business continues. Peter  

From an earlier story in The New York Times: The Trump administration has portrayed Iran’s recent moves, including its threat to resume stockpiling low-enriched uranium in violation of the nuclear agreement, as proof that Iran is an implacable rogue state, bent on acquiring nuclear weapons, that can be contained only through the threat of military force . . . . Iran had agreed, as part of the 2015 nuclear pact, to keep its stockpile of energy-grade uranium, enriched just enough for use in power plants, at or below 300 kilograms, or around 660 pounds. In return for this and other restrictions, Iran received a reduction in the economic sanctions that had devastated its economy and, implicitly, a lowering of the threat of conflict with the United States, theoretically making a nuclear weapons program less appealing.

The Trump administration has removed these incentives. It has re-imposed sanctions, put pressure on other countries to break from the deal and has increased military pressure on Iran, most recently by deploying an additional 1,000 American troops to the region. The administration has also curtailed Iran’s options for disposing of its excess energy-grade uranium. In May, it revoked authorization for Iran to sell the uranium abroad, as it had done under the nuclear agreement. Though Iran has largely disposed of the uranium by reprocessing it, the revocation underscored perceptions that Iran was being goaded into violating the agreement.

I hope for peace, too. Peter: It is precisely the message and tone of the NYT article which invites conflict. "The Trump administration has removed these incentives". "...being goaded..."

I wonder if they know they are lying. They do love their 'innocent victims' with no will of their own, though.

If Tehran had sought and wanted peace, wants sanctions removed, and has self-interested "incentives" in that direction, they simply had to/have to, say so and accordingly follow through. But no, self-interest is beyond most journalists who can't see deeper than 'injured pride' and victimhood.

I truly enjoy the transparency of the Trump Administration. Of course he still “huddles with his advisors” but without a reason not to, Trump will discuss his conclusions. Americans are free to think about it as situations evolve and we know where the President’s mind is going. I have no idea how much attention he does give to any individual’s opinion, and he pays little to no heed to the Koch billionaire brothers or George Soros like other Presidents are reputed to have done. He does mention Fake News. I watch it for a while before switching to another channel that has a human interest story. And I watch late night TV until they start getting snide. Fallon was OK during the first year of Trump’s tour of duty.  Before the 2020 election will Trump listen to pollsters? “Pull ripcord, only in an emergency.” Zzzzz Peter

From: BBfromM To: atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: Re: General comment on volition Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 02:46:07 EST. Ellen Moore wrote: << volition, as actions of consciousness, are operative continuously and are ongoing even at lower levels of awareness (such as sleep when we are at low-level conscious). 

How can volition be operative when we are asleep? As an attribute of consciousness, volition does not cease to exist when we are asleep, just as all our other capacities don't go out of existence. But they are not functioning in sleep.  I see the state of sleep as one in which the subconscious takes over and the consciousness is quiescent. It appears that sleep is the state in which the subconscious has the opportunity to do its incredibly complex acts of integration.

Ellen Stuttle wrote: <<What I think is that volition is operative 'every instant' we are conscious -- it's our capacity for self-aware regulation (within limits) of what our minds are 'up to'; it's continually ongoing.>>

I agree. Many people speak as if volition were like a car: we turn on the ignition, the car goes, and it won't stop until we turn off the ignition. But the regulation of the actions of consciousness has to be constant and ongoing, or it will stop. Barbara

A knitting site with 8 million subscribers just banned all Trump support (including apparently Trump-themed knitting projects) from its site because it claims this is white supremacy.

Tim Pool covered it.

Tim said, as a person who comes from a family that has suffered from real bigotry (he is part Korean and a mix of other stuff--a mongrel after my own heart :) ), and as one who doesn't particularly care for President Trump, he thinks these people who run the knitting site are the actual bigots. He said they are evil people. That's the actual term he used. Evil people.

And that's one of the reasons I really like this guy.

Michael

That “Made for discreet nursing ad” at the bottom of OL got me het up. Whoever is picking those ads, stop the harassment, or I will put two exclamation points after my next complaint!!

What did you say? It tastes like watery milk? Disgusting. And sort of raunchy. I did not say sexy. Jim Carey.

I saw a Conan Obrien rerun from April tonight when the Mueller Report release was announced. Damn those bird brains were locked and loaded, primed, hooks baited, dialogue written . . .and all for naught. Peter  

Trump is being his usual honest, light hearted self. Putin, former head of the KGB, may be imitating Trump's nonchalance. Yet I think he is relaxed from his usual place in the saloon with his back against the wall. Whenever someone's ambition pushes them into "seizing power," then the rest of their lives are in peril. Of course free countries have their murderous Kooks, and at least one civil war or rebellion in their history,  but no other coordinated attempts to overthrow them. China, Russia, North Korea and remember Idi Amin have dictatorial systems that ensure the nerves of the ruler are always frayed. The dictators must become immoral and falsely imprison and murder some of its citizens. Alas, poor Dimitri, he seemed like such a decent sort. Sigh.            

President Trump is a brave man. The thought of crossing into North Korea fills my soul with dread.

“Sure… I will have no problem in doing that [crossing into North Korea],” Trump told reporters during his press conference aired by TRT World live from Japan’s western city of Osaka. end quote

My worst scenario would be a shoot-out with our secret service and a wounded president Trump kidnapped with a bag over his head. Peter

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form.

U.S. President Donald Trump Saturday said that he will surely cross into North Korea at Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) from South Korea if Kim Jong-un comes to meet him.

“Sure… I will have no problem in doing that [crossing into North Korea],” Trump told reporters during his press conference aired by TRT World live from Japan’s western city of Osaka.

Trump added that North Korean leader follows his twitter account. “We quickly get calls [from Pyongyang],” he replied to a question in the press conference in Osaka at the end of the G20 summit. Trump early on Saturday tweeted an offer of meeting North Korean leader Kim during his state visit to Seoul at DMZ. Pyongyang termed the offer “interesting suggestion” but said it did not receive a formal proposal for the meeting. He will be flying to Seoul later this evening for a summit with his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in.

Confirming that he favors a third summit with Kim, Trump said, “[it] could happen, he [Kim] would like to do it, and I won’t mind doing it.” Trump added, "I may or may not see Kim Jong-un. We'll see what happens."

Trump and Kim held two summits since June 2018 on denuclearization of Korean peninsula, however, the leaders could not reach a deal.  However, the U.S. has said that it is ready for “constructive” dialogue with North Korea over denuclearization. North Korea is facing severe UN sanctions ever since 2006 when it test-fired nuclear armament.

The U.S. president said that Washington will send a buyer list of products to Beijing. “China is going to buy food and agricultural products [from us], will give them a list that we would like them to buy,” he said. He, however, said that Chinese students were welcome to study in US colleges.

Is the world taking it too easy this summer? Thankfully President Trump is providing some real news. But still it’s just peace, peace, peace, prosperity, growth, do unto others as you . . . ,   

Let me check the headlines from around the world to find some real news this last day of June.

Jerusalem Reuters - U.S. envoys wielded hammers on Sunday to break open a new tunnel at a Jewish heritage site in East Jerusalem, signaling Washington’s support for Israel’s hold over parts of the city that Palestinians seek for a future state.

England needs a win against unbeaten India. LONDON (AP) England plays India at Edgbaston on Sunday with the Cricket World Cup hosts unexpectedly fighting for survival in a tournament they started as favorites to win. For second-place India, it's simple. Win in Birmingham and Virat Kohli's team joins Australia in the semifinals.

TOKYO (Reuters) - Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Monday Japan supported the United States and North Korea's "process" and wished for the latest talks between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to result in positive developments, Japanese media reported.

MILAN (Reuters) - A war of words broke out between Germany and Italy on Sunday over the German captain of a rescue ship, who defied a docking ban enforced by Rome to bring migrants ashore. Italy's Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini angrily dismissed a German call not to treat the captain as a criminal.

Australia now has a space agency and our federal and South Australian governments are looking to grow a prosperous space industry to boost productivity and employment. The challenge for Australia is to find a niche in the expanding global race to commercialize space. I suggest we should focus on microgravity experiments. 

I love the way President Trump thinks.

NY has decided to enter the ring with him using the power of its prosecutors. And, as gravy, they throw in Manafort.

What to do? Does President Trump invest in a ton of lawyers and play their game without any other actions?

Nope.

Hi kicks the ass of the NY politicians big time by saying how great Texas and Florida are to live.

Let them try to govern while their best taxpaying citizens leave.

Just this pair of tweets alone should throw their coffers into a mess.

I wonder how belligerent the AG & Co. will stay once they have a crapload of heavies in the state and city governments breathing down their necks.

:) 

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

These three excerpts are not worth three threads but they are interesting. Remember (nine, nine, nine?) Yes, yes, yes! From Herman Cain: An upcoming book reveals that RINO Paul Ryan tried to sabotage President Trump’s campaign in 2016 back when he thought President Trump had no chance of winning. But now that RINOs have seen that President Trump can win the presidency, I have grave concerns that they will try even harder to sabotage him in 2020. Which is why I’m asking you to make a contribution to America Fighting Back PAC -- founded by true-blooded conservatives who’ve supported President Trump since DAY ONE.

WTF? The stuff of novels or Wikipedia?  The phrase "Koch Brothers" generally refers to the sons of Fred C. Koch. The most politically active sons are Charles Koch and David H. Koch who bought out their brothers Frederick and Bill in 1983.David H. Koch was the Libertarian Party's vice-presidential candidate in 1980 . . . . A group associated with the Koch’s announced plans to raise $889 million leading up to the 2016 elections. After the Republican primary, they decided to not donate to Trump's campaign at all, instead focusing on the Congress and Senate races. Charles Koch criticized Trump's Muslim travel ban suggestions during the campaign and said "it's possible" that Hillary Clinton could be a better president, although strongly denied rumors that he would actually support Clinton. In June 2018, the Kochs backed a multimillion-dollar campaign organized by three pro-free trade political groups to oppose the Trump tariffs.

I am still considering whether or not I will subscribe to this guy. From Robert Tracinski: The old "horseshoe" theory in which the political spectrum goes from the totalitarian far left of communism to the totalitarian far right of fascism, with the "moderate" occupying the ideal spot in the middle, actually offers us a fundamentally grim prospect. The moment the moderate starts to be moved by the basic logic of any of his ideas, one way or the other, he starts an irretrievable slide toward some form of tyranny. We're far better off thinking of the alternative Ronald Reagan described: up versus down--up to freedom, down to tyranny--and encourage men to follow one side of that conflict upward to its logical conclusion in a fully free society.

Is Trump a radical republican? Is President Trump Machiavellian? Is our President an Imperialist? Does he spontaneously achieve *order* in Politics? An article in Real Clear Politics noted that the 50 percent who will always vote for him really like his tweeting. Me too. Peter.

From: "George H. Smith" To: "*Atlantis" Subject: ATL: Re: An aside with respect to capital punishment Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:35:54 -0500. a.d. smith wrote: "Machiavelli had a central role in articulating the central ethical teaching of republicanism, which was centered around his conception of "virtu." Machiavelli's definition of "virtue" as selfless service to state (either on the battlefield or in the council room) was shared by later classical republicanism thinkers. This definition of virtue has had a poisonous effect on Western culture--- almost as bad as the Christian definition of virtue."

Like many Renaissance writers, Machiavelli used the term "virtue" loosely, but in general its meaning was distinguished from "fortune." Those things within our control depend on our virtues (powers, abilities, etc.), whereas those that are beyond our control are a matter of fortune, whether good or bad. Where Machiavelli writes "virtu" modern translators will typically use words like "willpower," "efficiency," etc., depending on the context. Only occasionally does Machiavelli use the term "virtue" in its traditional sense to mean moral goodness. And I am not aware of him ever using it to mean "selfless service to state" (though there may be some instances of this). On the contrary, Machiavelli often speaks of the "virtues" of the Prince, and here -- in radical contrast to the Republican tradition -- he had a purely instrumentalist conception. The virtues of a ruler consist of his willingness and ability to use whatever means -- however murderous or unjust by conventional standards -- that are necessary to achieve and maintain political power. This was about as far from the Republican conception of virtue as it is possible to get . . . .

On 11/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, Jon Letendre said:

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/new-leaks

DynCorp employees hire 15-year-old boy to strip dance for them. 

Hillary Clinton covers it up because she received money from 

DynCorp.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/15526

“The other issue that surfaced at the time was a colossal error in judgment by one of the contractors' employees in hiring an adolescent boy dancer for some sort of event that, at least to most folks, looked very inappropriate. The Post is now looking at the dancing boy, which was not included in the April 17, article"

"the DynCorp regional commander from Konduz, Flint Chambers, allowed his men to hire a 15-year-old boy dancer to do tribal dances at a DynCorp party on the training site. Some 15 or so DynCorp employees in attendance pulled out a single chair and had the boy do mock lap dances. This was captured on video. The video shows DynCorp employees putting dollar bills in the boy's waistband, just as they would a stripper's garter. The revelry lasted about 45 minutes."

This is sent directly to Hillary Clinton from Cheryl Mills who is one of her big time lawyers. A lawyer would not be messaging Hillary this if she didn't have direct ties to DynCorp.

DynCorp was actually found guilty of child trafficking in the early 2000's when "its employees [were] accused of rape and the buying and selling of girls as young as 12."  They got a slap on the wrist and still get government contracts. 

DynCorp is known for a gross history of sexual assault. The CEO is Lewis Von Thaer. But the parent organization of DynCorp? Cerebus Capital Management.

Hillary Clinton has ties to both Cerebus and DynCorp. Cerebus gave $40,628 to her campaign.

The state department lost $1 billion dollars and DynCorp is likely to blame.

What's ironic is that they appointed Jack Lew (Hillary's right hand man, according to the article) to look into it. DynCorp has a history of stealing money. "1991 State of the Nation - It appears that DynCorp broke the original investigation on this. DynCorp was the accountant for roughly $2.7 trillion missing 1991-2001. Also missing in 1996 or 1997; $60 billion missing out of HUD. DynCorp appears to be the accounting division of the US government these days."

Hillary covered up for DynCorp.

1. The Washington Post wrote about it to her.

2. Later they publish a story saying the DynCorp employee was fired and no mention of the boy.

3. Nothing ended up being done. 

And here are the "sensitive but unclassified" documents from her emails.

What is most disgusting is we now know Hillary has covered up for Weiner texting an underage girl and Laura Silsby's crew of kidnapping children from Haiti for trafficking. (thanks to saltxburn from Reddit for his detective work)

Dyncorp and Epstein were trafficking child sex slaves under the cover of official State Department business.

"one of Jeffrey Epstein's suspected trafficking aircraft shared the same tail number as a State department Bronco used under contract by DynCorp. The use of the tail number can be corroborated by official government records.[9]This would mean that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked underage girls using aircraft of the same tail number and during the same time period as DynCorp when they trafficked minors in Bosnia and other parts of the Balkan states"

"The congruence of Epstein's Bell N474AW and Dyncorp's Bronco N474AW is noteworthy. In 2002, the year Epstein's aircraft fleet stands accused of flying underage teen girls, some between the ages of 12 and 15, coincides with Dyncorp's trafficking in underage females between the ages of 12 and 15 from Kosovo and Bosnia in the Balkans."

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/73700/jeffrey-epstein-shared-a-plane-with-dyncorp-state-department-and-the.html

11 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Dyncorp and Epstein were trafficking child sex slaves under the cover of official State Department business.

"one of Jeffrey Epstein's suspected trafficking aircraft shared the same tail number as a State department Bronco used under contract by DynCorp. The use of the tail number can be corroborated by official government records.[9]This would mean that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked underage girls using aircraft of the same tail number and during the same time period as DynCorp when they trafficked minors in Bosnia and other parts of the Balkan states"

"The congruence of Epstein's Bell N474AW and Dyncorp's Bronco N474AW is noteworthy. In 2002, the year Epstein's aircraft fleet stands accused of flying underage teen girls, some between the ages of 12 and 15, coincides with Dyncorp's trafficking in underage females between the ages of 12 and 15 from Kosovo and Bosnia in the Balkans."

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/73700/jeffrey-epstein-shared-a-plane-with-dyncorp-state-department-and-the.html

You will know them by their being perpetually above the law, untouchable.

“Put bluntly, DynCorp was involved in a sex slavery scandal in Bosnia in 1999, with its employees accused of rape and the buying and selling of girls as young as 12. Dyncorp, hired to perform police duties for the UN and aircraft maintenance for the US Army, were implicated in prostituting the children, whereas the company’s Bosnia site supervisor filmed himself raping two women. A number of employees were transferred out of the country, but with no legal consequences for them.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/its-dj-vu-for-dyncorp-all_b_792394

On 12/16/2018 at 10:06 PM, Jon Letendre said:

POLICE SEIZE VATICAN LAPTOPS IN MASSIVE PEDOPHILE RING BUST

“The raids are a part of ongoing investigations into allegations of rampant child sexual abuse committed by Catholic priests all over the world. The raids have been staged as surprise sweeps, and are being regarded as the most aggressive ever undertaken by a judicial authority against the Roman Catholic Church.

“The surprise sweeps, ordered by Emiliano Arias, a provincial prosecutor, marked the start of what experts who track sex crimes in the Roman Catholic Church say is one of the most aggressive investigations ever undertaken by a judicial authority anywhere in the world.

“Cardinal George Pell, the third most powerful man in the Vatican, is currently facing trial on child sex offenses. Since that cold June afternoon there have been five more raids on Church offices to seize documents, phones, tablets and computers, leaving the Vatican scrambling to respond to a rapidly unfolding scandal that is the worst image crisis of Francis’ papacy, now in its sixth year.

https://thetruthrevolution.net/police-seize-vatican-laptops-in-massive-pedophile-ring-bust/

“Bones were collected from the depths of the Vatican Saturday, the latest effort to solve the mystery of a 15-year-old girl who vanished 36 years ago.

Last week, following an anonymous tip to look for Emanuela’s remains under the statue of an angel pointing to a grave in the tiny Teutonic cemetery inside the Vatican walls, authorities pried open the tombs to two 19th German princesses but found them mysteriously empty of any human remains.

"I can't say if it's 1,000 or 2,000, but there are really very many, and so we assume the presence of the remains of a few dozen people," Portera said. "There are long bones, small bones, many are fragmented.

Portera added that the bones were found mixed together and not sorted.

"They were all piled up inside a cavity,” he added.”

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/search-missing-teen-emanuela-orlandi-leads-recovery-bones/story?id=64456432&id=64456432&__twitter_impression=true

He was untouchable, for decades.

Chief of Police "does not know who Epstein is"

"locals say Epstein continued to bring underage girls to the island as recently as this year (2019)—a decade after he was forced to register as a convicted sex offender—and that authorities did nothing to stop him.

"The employee adds that he and his co-workers would joke around about what they were seeing. “Every time he landed or took off, it was always brought up. We’d always be joking, ‘How many kids are on board this time?’” But the employee also says he felt “pure disgust,” calling it “absolutely insane” that a convicted sex offender was able to move around so openly in the era of MeToo.

"“I could see him with my own eyes,” the employee says. “I compared it to seeing a serial killer in broad daylight. I called it the face of evil.”

"Epstein apparently made no attempt to hide his travels with young girls. The airstrip in St. Thomas sits in plain sight of a central highway, and a nearby parking lot at the University of the Virgin Islands provides a complete view of the tarmac and almost every aircraft on the ground. When he’s “home” on Little St. James, Epstein’s plane is always parked right in front of the control tower."

"In fact, it appears that local authorities did nothing to investigate Epstein’s repeated trips with young girls—let alone intervene—despite the fact that he was listed on the island’s registry of sex offenders. Chief William Harvey, a veteran of the Virgin Islands police department, tells Vanity Fair that he does not know who Epstein is, and is unaware of any investigation into him."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07/horrors-of-jeffrey-epstein-private-island?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=vanity-fair&utm_social-type=earned

The FBI is executing sealed warrants at the water dept in LA.
Sealed arrest warrants that no one knew about until they were executed this morning.
How many more sealed warrants could exist?

Uc-djDom_bigger.jpgTiffany FitzHenry @Tiff_FitzHenry
FollowFollow @Tiff_FitzHenry
More

HAPPENING NOW: FBI agents at the downtown headquarters of the L.A. Department of Water and Power. "We are confirming a search warrant at Los Angeles DWP in downtown Los Angeles, but are prohibited from commenting further because affidavits involved in the warrant are sealed.''

12:23 PM - 22 Jul 2019

Why is the National Security Administration regaling us today with historical examples of conspiracy and treason?

OHr577N-_bigger.jpgNSA/CSSVerified account @NSAGov
FollowFollow @NSAGov
More

#OTD in 1806 A. Burr was finally in the room where it happens. In a cypher letter to his associate Gen. Wilkinson, Aaron Burr (Sir!) discusses a conspiracy to invade Mexico, leading to treason charges in 1807. Photo Credit: National Archive

EAGYByRWsAY1ULA.jpg

EAGYCA4XUAUTrb5.jpg
11:24 AM - 22 Jul 2019

Rep. Jim Jordan publicly taunts Rep. Adam Schitt this morning ... 

TtrAXbnA_bigger.jpgRep. Jim JordanVerified account @Jim_Jordan
FollowFollow @Jim_Jordan
More

Inspector General Horowitz is a professional. He’s conducting a crucial investigation into FBI and DOJ misconduct. But @RepAdamSchiff said his investigation is “tainted.” What’s got Schiff worried?

10:57 AM - 22 Jul 2019