Donald Trump

On 3/14/2019 at 8:08 PM, Peter said:

I heard today that both downed planes exhibited the same "behavior." The planes tilted down, then up. Down, then up several times as if a pilot were fighting the on board computer.

Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing and FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system
Originally published March 17, 2019 at 6:00 am

[...]

But the original safety analysis that Boeing delivered to the FAA for a new flight control system on the MAX — a report used to certify the plane as safe to fly — had several crucial flaws.

That flight control system, called MCAS (Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System), is now under scrutiny after two crashes of the jet in less than five months resulted in Wednesday’s FAA order to ground the plane.

Current and former engineers directly involved with the evaluations or familiar with the document shared details of Boeing’s “System Safety Analysis” of MCAS, which The Seattle Times confirmed.

The safety analysis:

• Understated the power of the new flight control system, which was designed to swivel the horizontal tail to push the nose of the plane down to avert a stall. When the planes later entered service, MCAS was capable of moving the tail more than four times farther than was stated in the initial safety analysis document.
  • Failed to account for how the system could reset itself each time a pilot responded, thereby missing the potential impact of the system repeatedly pushing the airplane’s nose downward.
  • Assessed a failure of the system as one level below “catastrophic.” But even that “hazardous” danger level should have precluded activation of the system based on input from a single sensor — and yet that’s how it was designed.

The people who spoke to The Seattle Times and shared details of the safety analysis all spoke on condition of anonymity to protect their jobs at the FAA and other aviation organizations.

Both Boeing and the FAA were informed of the specifics of this story and were asked for responses 11 days ago, before the second crash of a 737 MAX last Sunday.

[...]

MCAS-MAX-737-sensor-W.jpg

Thanks William.

We have a Booker, a Hooker, and an Indian running for President. We are one Cowboy short of The Village People.

Obama declared several national emergencies to aid Libya, Yemen, Ukraine, Burundi, Somalia, Venezuela, South Sudan, and Central Africa. President Trump declared a national emergency to aid America

Kellyanne's husband, whom know one had heard of prior to hearing of Kellyanne, and who is regularly latching onto his wife's fame in order to get media attention, has diagnosed Trump as having narcissistic personality disorder:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/434485-conways-husband-suggests-trump-has-narcissistic-personality-disorder?fbclid=IwAR2z7S7-8YAI6qKFBO126KfK0cZonfPeZS5TghK9ksSyGEty9SjW3vbi_gE&fbclid=IwAR2HTgYAqhnlI-NKM-WXo5Oma3S6AZ2GkhihUDYCZDRwlw5DypJJKVm98SM

Conway's husband suggests Trump has narcissistic personality disorder

Mr. Conway seems to have some serious problems with his wife's success. It's actually really sad how frequently he feels the need to use her to get into the spotlight and piss on her boss, and her work.

J

He was wrong to say that, though the President does seem to like being in the spotlight. So? He is similar to other celebrities and he can influence peoples' thinking. If I were on the President's staff I wouldn't put up with "his temper" though. If I were on the receiving end of it, I would quit. Megan McCain did have a point about his hours long texting and not being with his family. That reminds me of my own kids' behavior when they were younger . . . . but he does have to govern and that is one of the ways he does it.      

26 minutes ago, Peter said:

He was wrong to say that, though the President does seem to like being in the spotlight. So?

Yeah, and which politician doesn't have a massive ego, and issues with narcissism? Um, did Savior Obama abhor the spotlight? Heh.

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

If I were on the President's staff I wouldn't put up with "his temper" though.

Well, we don't really know much about Trump's alleged "temper." I can't count the number of times that I've watched Trump deliver a message in a happy, confident tone, or even a tone of laughing at the opposition, only to see the left and its press report it as having been a temper tantrum, meltdown tirade, wig-flipping, enraged freakout. I've never seen Trump displaying "his temper."

J

On 1/8/2019 at 9:36 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Brazil has pulled out of a United Nations pact on dealing with rising migration, joining the United States and a growing number of countries in rejecting the agreement”

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2019-01-08/brazil-quits-un-migration-pact-will-still-take-in-venezuelan-refugees-source

President Trump was just doing a news conference with the Brazilian President. Michael may know a bit more about Brazilian politics. Peter

From Wikipedia: Bolsonaro was born on 21 March 1955 in the town of Glicério, in São Paulo, in the southeast region of Brazil, to Percy Geraldo Bolsonaro and Olinda Bonturi. His family is mostly of Italian descent, with some German ancestry. On his father's side, he is the great-grandson of Italians from Veneto and Calabria . . . His German ancestry came from his father's maternal grandfather, Carl "Carlos" Hintze, born in Hamburg around 1876, who immigrated to Brazil in 1883. His maternal grandparents were born in the Italian city of Lucca, in Tuscany, and went to live in Brazil in the 1890s . . . . According to political pundits, early in the campaign, Bolsonaro moderated his tone, taking a less aggressive and confrontational style. Economically, he started to support the idea of less government intervention in the economy (in contrast to what he had stated in the past, when he defended developmentalists policies). On the other hand, he maintained his tough stance on crime and his defense of "traditional family values". Bolsonaro also said he planned to cut taxes across the board, particularly on inheritances and businesses, in order to generate growth and tackle unemployment. He also promised more austerity measures and cuts in government spending, but had difficulty naming the areas where he would make these cuts. He also mentioned he would work to diminish the size and bureaucracy of the federal government by throwing out a wide variety of deregulation measures. Bolsonaro's promises to restore security amid record high crime and to stamp out the country's rampant political corruption won him huge popular support. In October, Bolsonaro announced he would name liberal economist Paulo Guedes to serve as his Finance minister.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:40 AM, william.scherk said:

More seriously, my take on yesterday's Presidential Hoopla via Tweets is that they represent a deep frustration.  'Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?'” is kind of the key.  The Special Counsel is one-step-removed (or two) from the President. It is like he has no power to influence events in the Special Counsel investigation, nor in the Southern District of New York. 

The President is now ticked off at George Conway.

I mean, there are lot of things he could do as head of the executive.  He could remove individuals from office (Rosenstein) and he could direct the Acting Attorney General to pull some plugs on some machinery. But since there is a political price to pay outside his support-system; he has few outlets for his power. Thus, angry and frustrated tweets.  If something is happening outside your control, point your tweets at it!

We haven't heard a lot about Rod Rosenstein's tenure at the Department of Justice.  According to the lore of QAnon, Rosenstein is alternatively a deep white hat plant, a deep black hat (((Globalist))), a patsy of the Cabal, a double-agent ... and more.

But did you know that Rosenstein is still 'on post' -- protecting Mueller?

Rod Rosenstein staying at Justice Department 'a little longer'
A Justice Department official declined to comment on whether the delay in Rosenstein's departure means Mueller is still not ready to deliver his report.

Edited by william.scherk
Added Presidential tweet

On 3/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, william.scherk said:

We haven't heard a lot about Rod Rosenstein's tenure at the Department of Justice.  According to the lore of QAnon, Rosenstein is alternatively a deep white hat plant, a deep black hat (((Globalist))), a patsy of the Cabal, a double-agent ... and more.

But did you know that Rosenstein is still 'on post' -- protecting Mueller?

Styxhexenhammer666 has some interesting comments on the Rosenstein tenure ...

Some excerpts from a debate before the 2016 election. TAPPER: Mr. Trump?

TRUMP: One of the biggest political events anywhere in the world is happening right now with the Republican Party. Millions and millions of people are going out to the polls and they're voting. They're voting out of enthusiasm. They're voting out of love. Some of these people, frankly, have never voted before -- 50 years old, 60 years old, 70 years old -- never voted before. We're taking people from the Democrat Party. We're taking people as independents, and they're all coming out and the whole world is talking about it. It's very exciting. I think, frankly, the Republican establishment, or whatever you want to call it, should embrace what's happening. We're having millions of extra people join. We are going to beat the Democrats. We are going to beat Hillary or whoever it may be. And we're going to beat them soundly . . . . I will do everything within my power not to touch Social Security, to leave it the way it is; to make this country rich again; to bring back our jobs; to get rid of deficits; to get rid of waste, fraud and abuse, which is rampant in this country, rampant, totally rampant . . . . Well, that's fine. First of all, Ted was in favor of amnesty. So there's no question about that. And Sheriff Joe Arpaio recently endorsed me and there's nobody tougher on the borders than Sheriff Joe. And Jeff Sessions, one of the most respected Senator in Washington, an incredible man, also endorsed me. And there's nobody that knows more about the borders than Senator Jeff Sessions. I would say this. We're all in this together. We're going to come up with solutions. We're going to find the answers to things. And so far I cannot believe how civil it's been up here.

DINAN: Mr. Trump, let me start with you. Last night, you told CNN quote, "Islam hates us?" Did you mean all 1.6 billion Muslims.

TRUMP: I mean a lot of them. I mean a lot of them.

DINAN: Do you want to clarify the comment at all?

TRUMP: Well, you know, I've been watching the debate today. And they're talking about radical Islamic terrorism or radical Islam. But I will tell you this. There's something going on that maybe you don't know about, maybe a lot of other people don't know about, but there's tremendous hatred. And I will stick with exactly what I said to Anderson Cooper. (APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: I was the grand marshal, not so long ago, of the Israeli Day Parade down 5th avenue. I've made massive contributions to Israel. I have a lot of -- I have tremendous love for Israel. I happen to have a son-in-law and a daughter that are Jewish, OK? And two grandchildren that are Jewish. (APPLAUSE)

. . . . TRUMP: It depends on what comes up. You never know. It depends on what comes up. Look, look, we had a great president, Ronald Reagan. We had Tip O'Neill, speaker. And what do we do, we take these two men that are very, very different men, they got along, they had relationships, and they got things, and very beautifully. Nobody is complaining about the deals that Ronald Reagan made. And he made it with Tip O'Neill. We need to have people get together and work good deals out, good deals out from our standpoint. And I'll tell you this, it can be done. We don't want to continue to watch people signing executive orders because that was not what the Constitution and the brilliant designers of this incredible document had in mind. We need people that can make deals and can work, because right now in Washington there's total, absolute gridlock.

President Trump and 2020.  From Politico:

How Trump is on track for a 2020 landslide

37 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

From the beginning of the Politico article:

President Donald Trump has a low approval rating. ...

But if the election were held today, he’d likely ride to a second term in a huge landslide...

I don't know how people can write this shit without at least questioning the validity of their approval polls.

But they don't.

To them, their polls are the true truthy truth and reality is a sporadic inconvenience.

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

From the beginning of the Politico article:

I don't know how people can write this shit without at least questioning the validity of their approval polls.

But they don't.

To them, their polls are the true truthy truth and reality is a sporadic inconvenience.

Michael

The Texas House just legalized lemonade stands run by children. What a courageous decision. And what is transcribed below, gimme a break Bannon! Unless Beto is a combo of some of the greatest orators of all time like Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, (he she, and what kind of nickname is Beto or Kamala? Like Betozoid from StarTrek? Or like the name your fellow 7th graders give ya, Kamala, kamala chameleon?) Beto is very iffy. He has NO track record. And the vampire is still alive? Wow. Hillary? That’s a good one. I think Texas Ranger Steve Bannon is testing the waters for you know who . . . god’s gift to the earth, the dragon slayer, knighted by Queen Elizabeth herself: Sir Donald Trump. Peter  

From the Washington Examiner: Steve Bannon: This is the Democratic ticket Trump should fear by Zachary Halaschak. President Trump's former campaign chairman Steve Bannon reportedly said that the president’s most dangerous 2020 opponents would be former Beto O’Rourke and Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif. “Beto on the ticket with Harris is the most dangerous ticket for Trump,” Bannon told a conservative group in Italy, according to the Daily Beast. “But don’t forget, the vampire is still alive: Hillary Clinton,” Bannon added.

O’Rourke, 46, announced a run for president this month. The former representative from Texas is a rising star in the Democratic Party who came to prominence during his unsuccessful 2018 bid to unseat Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz. O’Rourke lost by less than 3 percentage points, despite Trump winning the state by more than 7 points in 2016.

The 54-year-old Harris, who announced she was running in January, is a well-known senator and former prosecutor from California. A recent poll shows that O’Rourke and Harris are in a dead heat, tied at 8 percent each among Democratic primary voters. They both trail far behind former President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.

Biden has yet to announce his candidacy but is expected to soon. Sanders joined the race in February.

President Trump kicking indoctrination's ass right in the mouth of the beast.

Thus spoketh our President:

If a college or university doesn't allow you to speak, we will not give them money. It's very simple.

It's outrageous this has to be done.

But we have the right man in the White House to do it.

I can't wait for some institution of higher indoctrination learning think they have the clout to ignore this Executive Order. I can't wait to see them cry about the money they lost.

Also, President Trump has a project going on how to make the colleges and universities themselves bear some of the cost of unpaid student loans. The way it works now, colleges and universities cost so much because student loans are so easy to get. But they misrepresent to the students what the real prospects are of finding sufficient employment to be able to pay off their loans.

Now that the salaries of the intellectual class are on the line, my heart will swell at their new-found love of the First Amendment and reasonable budgets.

:) 

Michael

Interview with Maria Bartiromo.  Via Factbase

On 3/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, william.scherk said:

Wilhelm! Your face is reasonably symmetrical but the "interests" in your self description are kind of creepy. Dusty Springfield? What is wrong with you?

That was good news to read about Trump's 2020 win even if the economy is so-so. Now let's see. Who would be the best (in other words the worst) candidate the Dems could put forward? The really, really best? Who would be the most fun candidate, the most newsworthy, the most cringeworthy, and as the character Elaine Bettes from "Seinfeld" might say, who is the most sponge worthy?

I think I heard Biden would be 76 when he took office. That is nearly as old as Bernie, isn't it?  Is Cortez old enough to run? She seems like a baby at times.  Beto Blocker as Prezzidential nominee and Cortez as Veep? That would be fun.

Here we go.

Finally...

03.22.2019-16.49.png

I just did a round of the fake news on TV and the fake news folks talking are totally freaking out.

The Russian collusion dream is over. But they are in full-blown denial and looking mighty uncomfortable.

Get your popcorn, people.

Let's see if central casting brings back the Trump inauguration screamer lady.

Michael

Info will be coming out all weekend, so I am glad Mueller released the results on Friday afternoon instead of Monday morning. Wouldn't it be fitting if there is intel on Democrats that is "indictable?" "The incredible 'in dite abull' Dems" would be a nice pop, egg commercial song title, if there is something other than a conspiracy against the President in the probe. So was there a coup attempted from ex FBI chief Mueller, ex FBI chief Comey, and Comey's second in command? I think Rush was considering that. I hope a decent, level headed person will certify those three are honorable, maybe in a new probe headed by the Justice Department.    

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Brett Baier and Chris Wallace are trying their best to cover their butt-hurt and look objective, but, dammit, it hurts so bad...

That's Fox.

Imagine the other channels. 

Michael

I watched a bit of Laura Ingram on Fox and Lou Dobbs on Fox business and the coverage was objective but scolding of the whole Mueller process. They want the report to be publicized except for the parts that are marked secret clearance and up. And well they should. We deserve the truth as does President Trump. It's going to be a great weekend~ Basketball if that is of interest to you, and the reporting on the Mueller probe. And the . . .  pssst? the leaks. I think 5 people who are "near or associated with Trump" are indicted, going back a year or so but not over Russian collusion. Now it is time for any crap about Hillary and the democrats to see the light of day.

Chris Wallace did seem miffed and a bit dismissive over what is "good news" for the President, but Brett Bear was a combination of angry and jubilant if I read him correctly. Watch the glee in Brett's eyes at one point.   

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

It's going to be a great weekend~ Basketball if that is of interest to you

Peter,

Why do you think Mueller dumped this on a Friday after business hours right in the middle of March Madness?

It's not going to work though. Too many people have incorporated Trump being a Russian agent into their very sense of identity and reality. If it turns out that he isn't a Putin puppet, that, to them is like Jesus--as a normal everyday human--descending from the skies in a spaceship, tapping them on the shoulder as they drank their morning coffee, and telling them they are not going to the good place after they die. Their whole sense of reality and sense of being would be disrupted--despite March Madness. :) 

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Now it is time for any crap about Hillary and the democrats to see the light of day.

Amen.

Michael

On 3/11/2019 at 11:07 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Preheat the fan? Damn.

I think the Mueller exoneration will come first. The beautiful Trump counter-punching will come after “he’s interfering to prevent discovery of his collusion!” is taken away from them. Then the declassifications he has already ordered will be followed through, and then Epstein and all the other feces will be flung.

We can check—off Mueller exoneration.

• Like 1