Donald Trump

The artful stylings of Captain TDS, Rick Wilson ... on the subject of Michael Cohen and Donald Trump ...

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

tmj,

LOL...

Now I understand.

:) 

Michael

I will start a post on OL then watch something on TV then go back to writing. And that sometimes creates a muddled post, as I think of another point to make which I am trying to imitate now. Can you imitate yourself?

Not that a charge of campaign finance violation was ever going to get legs on the Dem's efforts to take down President Trump, their star witness just put the final nail in it.

I used to think Cohen was cunning. He's as dumb as a rock, to use one of President Trump's favorite expressions. :) 

Also, get this. During his testimony, he said he was a Democrat until after President Trump was sworn in. (And it's true. He actually was a registered Democrat.) I'm going from memory so I might get something wrong, but he said he was some official or other (vice director?) of the Republican Party's finance division. When they discovered he was a Democrat, they had a fit and made him register as a Republican. :) 

He told this story as an aside to a friendly Democrat congresswoman's leading question (about something or other concerning "orange man bad") and she she cut him off and looked like she could kill him. :) 

God, is he dumb...

Rush Limbaugh says if Cohen had anything at all that would damage President Trump legally, jail time would not be part of his plea deal. The Dems are just doing a Hail Mary pass with this Cohen garbage because the Mueller investigation is winding down with a big fat fizzle and they are panicked. (The backlash from Dem constituents who feel they were betrayed by their own leaders is going to be the worst part.)

In my view, it looks like the Dems might end up sacrificing Cohen in order to look "objective." I think they now think nothing good for them is going to come from Cohen's piss-poor performance and contradictions, so they might as well take the crumbs of trying to look respectable, unbiased, devoted to the truth yada yada yada and trash him. 

For example, several CNN people openly called Cohen a liar during today's testimony. (Cohen claimed he never ever ever wanted a job at the White House.) Even Jake Tapper looked sanctimonious when he dumped Cohen into the bin. :) It's a good bet the Dems will go for the full sacrifice as soon as the Congress part is over. I bet the advance on his tell-all book just got a lot smaller and there is a sudden drop in his projected post-jail speaking engagements.

Michael

The line of defense is published ... for those who prefer to get their talking points directly from the Trump-Pence campaign.

William wrote: The line of defense is published ... for those who prefer to get their talking points directly from the Trump-Pence campaign,” and quoted Ryan Reilly writing, ”Trump campaign on Cohen testimony: "Why did they even bother to swear him in this time?”

That is funny. Can you “swear in” a liar? If you are willing to lie, cheat, and steal then that person has already made peace with the fact they may go to jail. But the benefits from the crimes are worth the danger.

Personally, the thought of the risk of going to jail, is enough to make me shudder. I have never had that defective a brain, even if I was somewhat reckless as a teenager. “Let’s see if this baby can hit 100 mph!”  

A loyal Trump backer tried the 'it's not a threat' gambit, and was persuaded to remove a somewhat odd tweet. Matt Gaetz ...

However ...

Spoiler

“Hey @MichaelCohen212,” Gaetz wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot...”

Yeah, let’s hear all about his girlfriends. I don’t see the problem. Aren’t we two years deep into the Mueller investigation into everything under the sun? Didn’t we have to learn about Stormy? Then we have to learn all about Cohen’s. The State Bar can censure Gaetz maybe even disbar him, it’s not like he’s acting as if he cares. The gloves are coming off. They wanted a fight, now they will get their fight.

“Hey @MichaelCohen212,” Gaetz wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “Do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful when you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot...”

"She's about to learn" is not a threat, but mere commentary, similar to "Oh look! A bomb is about to fall on you."

If you want to know what threats look like:

feinstein-murkowski.jpg

"I fought the law and the law won." Well, not exactly, but a moment of dissent and its aftermath on Fox News.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:22 AM, Peter said:

The Times of Israel May 14, 2018.
As US embassy opens, Netanyahu declares: Trump, you have made history.

The Times of Israel FEB 28, 2019

Netanyahu to stand trial for bribery, fraud and breach of trust, pending hearing

F190205NRF30-640x400.jpg

It sounds like the "trumped up National Enquirer" crap. Paint me in a good light and I will lift, the onerous state sanctions which should never have been enacted in the first place, from companies like yours. Bebe is a good man.  Peter

From: Tom Hall Reply To: Atlantis Subject: Re: ATL: What is terrorism? (was Last Response to David Rasmussen) Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:38:43 -0600 Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:56:30 -0400  From: Victor Levis Subject: Re: ATL: What is terrorism? (was Last Response to David Rasmussen) >At 04:35 PM 10/10/2001 EDT, SANDRAMEND In a message dated 10/10/01 12:43:41 PM, viclevis@attcanada.ca writes: At 02:16 PM 10/10/2001 -0500, George H. Smith wrote: Perhaps the time has come on Atlantis to have a detailed discussion of exactly what we mean by the word "terrorism."

I agree. A good definition is seriously lacking. I think Benjamin Netanyahu made a good start at this in his talk at the House Committee on Government Reform, 9/20/2001: Terrorism is defined not by the identity of its perpetrators nor by the cause they espouse. Rather, it is defined by the nature of the act. Terrorism is the deliberate attack on innocent civilians.  In this it must be distinguished from legitimate acts of war that target combatants and may intentionally harm civilians.

Sandra: If we do it or the Palestinians do it, it's terrorism. If the Israelis do it, it's not.

>Not at all. I am being consistent. It all depends what the 'it' is.

I think that the intent, or purpose of the act is an essential defining characteristic of "terrorism". I propose that if the intent is rational self-defense, then it's not terrorism. To this extent, I disagree with Netanyahu's definition, since I contend that "the cause they espouse" - rational self-defense or not - is part of what defines an act as "terrorism". However, isn't the intent or purpose part of "the nature of the act" ? end quote

Benjamin Netanyahu wrote: Israel is the last and farthest outpost of America . . . . You don't have to read Robert Frost to know. You have to live life to know that the difficult path is usually the one less traveled, but it will make all the difference for the future of my country, the security of the Middle East and the peace of the world, the peace, we all desire . . . . . And I wish I could promise you, Elie, that the lessons of history have been learned. I can only urge the leaders of the world not to repeat the mistakes of the past . . . . We are no longer scattered among the nations, powerless to defend ourselves. We restored our sovereignty in our ancient home. And the soldiers who defend our home have boundless courage. For the first time in 100 generations, we, the Jewish people, can defend ourselves. This is why -- this is why, as a prime minister of Israel, I can promise you one more thing: Even if Israel has to stand alone, Israel will stand. end quote 

Buh Bye, Bibi.

March 2018:

Anon asks, "Is Israel involved with Awan brothers?"

Q answers "We are saving Israel for last."

https://qmap.pub

Q!UW.yye1fxo10 Mar 2018 - 11:04:36 AM
Anonymous10 Mar 2018 - 11:02:22 AM

https://cdn.qmap.pub/images/671668ff3e9131f0dde92a7339a5a478b3dd5d3f598da4d45c8960e9168df1af.jpeg

671668ff3e9131f0dde92a7339a5a478b3dd5d3f598da4d45c8960e9168df1af.jpeg

>>613129
What about Awan.
Is Israel involved?
>>613193
We are saving Israel for last.
Very specific reason not mentioned a single time.
Q

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Watch how many entitled snowflake souls (not to mention vicious leftie bastards like Antifa) will start calling this unfair and un-American.

Michael

Well, how many hundreds of universities and other institutions took MKUltra money and committed crimes against humanity? Education apparently was a swamp. And swamps don't drain themselves, if anything these institutions have become progressively more perverse and corrupt. More pressure, investigations and record resignations coming. No stopping the Trump Train.

I suppose I have to mention this, being from Nick Gillespie at Reason and all, but I'm not juiced at the prospect.

Trump Just Might Have Won the 2020 Election Today

I started to read this and thought how nice to see an article from the elitist crony ruling class side of the libertarian world saying good things about President Trump and not serving up their traditional bitchy snark.

As I was enjoying my bite of that apple, though, the worm soon appeared. 

Rather than dissect this whole thing, here is just one example with a comment on what I dislike about all these folks. Don't forget, this is just one example among a bunch I could dissect. 

But the 2020 presidential race is not going to be decided based on which candidate is more tightly moored to reality. It's going to be decided, like these things always are, by the relative health of the economy and the large vision of the future the different candidates put forward.

In other words, to this genius, the gotchas he loves are "tightly moored to reality" while "the relative health of the economy" is not. Granted, this is an inference, but people who have been "tightly moored to reality," or at least more tightly according to this dude than President Trump, have presided over piss-poor economies. That is not what is happening with President Trump. His "relative health of the economy" doesn't count as a reality anchor. So infereth the gods of Reason.

You would think these gotcha dudes will one day learn the difference between technical discourse and rhetoric. In technical discourse, the important point is getting the details right. In rhetoric, the important point is the direction of an assertion, not the details. Often the details are goosed to create emotion. But the direction has to be right for the rhetoric to work. (The technical folks can clean it up after the group decisions have been sold.)

If anyone wants to see President Trump's attention to detail, his technical discourse, so to speak, let them look at his final contracts, building plans and so on. The details are in order big-time and it's not just the lawyers who did it. You would think these elitist crony libertarian folks from places like Reason would notice. But they don't.

But wait! There's more!

They don't know how to wield rhetoric and they even look down their noses at it. In practice, they try to win elections by boring their audience into submission. How's that for brains? There's a reason why they don't win elections. :) 

But they like to bitch plenty about those who do and who implement the values they preach. Jeez...

Anyway, this guy makes sure we realize for sure forever and foah-ever ever ever amen, he has brains and President Trump does not. (Although Trump is president and he is not, but what does that matter?)

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, he still votes. So, based on the first half of his article, it looks like he might be leaning toward Trump voting-wise, so I'm not going to bitch too much about his elitist snark.

Er... I guess I just did.

But I'll take the electoral support for President Trump if he ever gets there.

Michael

Michael wrote: But I'll take the electoral support for President Trump if he ever gets there. end quote

The Prez has a 52 percent approval rating today, Monday March 4, 2019. In a 2020 contest with Democratic candidate X (20 months or so from now) he would win the popular vote. The electoral college is always a conundrum to me because if you look at a state by state map of America so many states and so much territory are red for Republican. But the blue democratic states always include the west coast and notably California and on the east coast New York is blue.

Confucius say, “Every year Donald Trump is President, adds 100 years of longevity to the United States in its current form. The Yin and the Yan assure me in my dreams that school kids will be singing, “My country tis of thee,” in 2120.      

[All Polls Are Wrong]

13 hours ago, Peter said:

The Prez has a 52 percent approval rating today, Monday March 4, 2019.

Sez who?⁸

538: How unpopular is Donald Trump?

An updating calculation of the president's approval rating, accounting for each poll's quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean. 

2019-03-04%2011_00_23-How%20Popular%20Is

RealClearPolitics:  President Trump Job Approval

2019-03-04%2011_02_24-RealClearPolitics%

8.  I think the most likely source of the 52% approval rating for the President is a daily-tracking-poll, perhaps from YouGov or Rasmussen.  Gallup no longer does daily tracking of opinion on President Trump.

I looked for a headline from today or yesterday that Peter Taylor may have come across -- and found this at Breitbart:  Donald Trump Approval Rating at 52 Percent; 9-Point Jump in 10 Days. But that story and the links within date from early February this year.  The story cites Rasmussen as the source for the 52% sounding, but the embedded link goes to today's Rasmussen, which doesn't support the old headline ...

I saw another poll today that said a mere 38 percent of US think America is heading in the right direction. Unless it is voting time I rarely put stock in any poll.

I have "Murder She Wrote" on tv in the other room and on the show an old fashioned landline phone keeps ringing. It is annoying, as I have mentioned before. Remember when those pager things came out and they buzzed? It was an improvement. If your pants buzzed you were a bigshot.   

Q 2984  https://qmap.pub

DARPA's LIFELOG ended the same day FB, Facebook launched. FB full of DARPA people. CIIA located social media in China to avoid anti-spying laws.

New: Title TBD

Q!!mG7VJxZNCI6 Mar 2019 - 3:54:18 PM
FB RETURNING TO THE NEWS.
LIFELOG (DARPA) ENDS > FB BEGINS
LIFELOG (DARPA) TEAM TRANSFER > FB
WHAT (DARPA) TEAM MEMBERS PAST/PRESENT WORK FOR FB?
WHAT DIVISIONS?
LOCATE (3) PUBLIC.
(9) TOTAL (6_NON PUB).
BUILDING 8 EXPOSED (HERE) WHEN?
[4-11-18]
*THINK SCRAMBLE [OFFLINE SCRUB] POST XBOX/PS CHAT LOGS DROP*
[MS SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATELY POST DROP]
BUILDING 8 NEWS RELEASE "RESTRUCTURING BUILDING 8" RELEASE?
[12-14-18] > RIP

https://techcrunch.com/2018/12/14/facebook-restructures-building-8-separating-projects-into-reality-labs-and-portal-groups/📁
RIP = FALSE
REORG = TRUE
CHINA-CHINA-CHINA
CHINA-CHINA-CHINA
[OPEN ACCESS - PAY FOR PLAY]
LAWS WHICH PREVENT C_A OPERATIONS INSIDE HOMELAND?
BULK DATA COLLECTION_NSA_HOMELAND?
BULK DATA COLLECTION_C_A_HOMELAND?
HOW DOES THE C_A AVOID LAW TRIGGER RE: UMBRELLA_SPY_HOMELAND?
FACEBOOK [CHINA_BUILDING 8]
GOOGLE [CHINA_DRAGONFLY]
TWITTER [US_LEG_TRACK]
FACEBOOK TRACK USER GPS, VOICE & TEXT?
GOOGLE TRACK USER GPS, VOICE & TEXT?
TWITTER TRACK USER GPS?
[PHONE_PAD_MICROPHONE_ALGO_EMBED]
ALL FOR MARKETING PURPOSES AS PUBLICLY DISCLOSED?
WHO HAS ACCESS TO BULK TRACK DATA?
WHO HAS ACCESS TO BULK DATA?
IF NSA HAS ABILITY TO 'ABSORB' DATA STREAM UT IN-HOUSE TOOLS, DOES C_A HAVE ABILITY TO 'COLLECT' DATA STREAM FROM 'FUNDED''NETWORKED' OFFSHOOTS [BIG TECH]?
OFFSHOOTS NECESSARY TO AVOID C_A BREACH OF US DOMESTIC LAW?
AMAZON SERVER/CLOUD CONTRACT?
AMAZON_SERVER/CLOUD_ROUTE_DATA 1-99 DOMESTIC?
C_A TASKED W/ GATHERING AND ANALYZING INFO ON FOREIGN GOVS + INDIVS? SIGINT - COV
NSA TASKED W/ GATHERING AND ANALYZING INFO ON A GLOBAL SCALE (INCLUDING DOMESTIC)? SIGINT - COV
WHAT FORMER US PRESIDENT WAS C_A DIRECTOR?

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25241/george-h-w-bush-saved-the-cia📁
THINK C_A [BRENNAN] AUTH SPY CAMPAIGN US SENATE UNDER HUSSEIN.
THINK C_A INSTALL CAMPAIGN US HOUSE & SENATE INFILTRATION.
[PART 1 OF 9]
Q