Donald Trump

9 hours ago, caroljane said:

Hmmm... say, 90 days of continuous free and frank discussion with Jonathan Smith, Esq.  That should finish one of them off, at least.

Thanks for asking.

Cute response. That was a good one.

But, seriously, what kind of force are you dreaming of using? After all, that's what your "ideology" is all about. Don't hide behind humor. Which punishments do you justify using against those who are guilty of keeping their wealth from you and your comrades?

J

On 11/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Jonathan said:

Yay! Then let's just trust his authority and believe everything that he says!

Pay no attention to how judges rule, because they're not political at all. No need to look into it. Trust Roberts. Politics does not enter into their decisions. They set their political views aside. Wait, no, they don't even have any political views. Completely neutral, and they don't have any knowledge, curiosity or interest in anything political.

J

Good article on the falsehood of Roberts' silly opinion:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/26/john-roberts-wrong-americas-courts-obviously-politicized/?fbclid=IwAR10kHwsZ5LnB3kGAPUcX8EHuHY3TGdKvQzqcjM-g_PocchuzZ4R3OWqV9c#.W_yDYdd-HjU.twitter

John Roberts Is Wrong. America’s Courts Are Obviously Politicized

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts’ attempt to defend the independence of the judiciary, in light of President Trump’s comments that courts are politicized, did more harm than good...

OMG, check this out. Rich people are using their privilege to save their wealth from fires! The pricks! It's not fair. If one person's house burns down, then everyone's should be burned down.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-private-firefighters-20181127-story.html

California's privileged are hiring private fire crews to save their homes. Regular firefighters aren't happy about it

The White House Briefing room is full today ... here's a live link. Larry Kudlow up first.

Will Jim Acosta be there?

14 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Pessimism? No, you said succumbing to conspiracy theories. I’ll gladly accept that you meant leading to pessimism.

No, for me, trying to find the truth never leads to pessimism.

Thanks for your concern, though.

If my posts make you pessimistic, I sure hope you will stop reading them.

OK, I will delete all that you have said. Ding. All gone. How about The Tariffs?

Chinese tariffs on The U.S. include fuel, farm products, steel products, autos and medical equipment, and as Yul Brenna said, “etc., etc., etc.  Hopefully American restaurants will continue to cook sweet and sour pork. Larry Kudlow said Trump may have a deal in the works. Capitalism works. Free trade works. As Chef Bayjean said, Chinese tariffs no wok. Peter

From export.gov: China Customs assesses and collects tariffs. Import tariff rates are divided into six categories: general rates, most-favored-nation (MFN) rates, agreement rates, preferential rates, tariff rate quota rates, and provisional rates. As a member of the WTO, imports from the United States are assessed at the MFN rate. The five Special Economic Zones, open cities, and foreign trade zones within cities offer preferential duty reductions or exemptions. Companies doing business in these areas should consult the relevant regulations.

From The New York Times Asian addition: By Chris Buckley April 1, 2018. BEIJING — The Chinese government hit back Monday at President Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum by acting on a threat to put tariffs as high as 25 percent on imports of 128 American-made products, including pork and seamless steel pipes. The Chinese Ministry of Commerce indicated that the tariffs, which it first publicly suggested almost two weeks ago, were intended to pressure the Trump administration to back down from a simmering trade war. In addition to imposing additional tariffs on steel and aluminum from China and other countries, President Trump has threatened to put protective duties on other Chinese-made products worth $60 billion.

“We hope that the United States will rescind its measures that violate World Trade Organization rules as quickly as possible,” the ministry said in an online statement about China’s retaliatory tariffs. “China and the United States are the world’s two biggest economies, and cooperation is the only correct choice. Both sides should use dialogue and consultation to resolve their mutual concerns.”

The Chinese retaliation was no surprise. But Beijing appeared to go a step beyond its initial threat last month to counter the United States’ tariffs on steel and aluminum. The Ministry of Commerce said then that it could impose tariffs in two stages: first, a 15 percent duty on 120 products, including fruit and wine, and then, after further assessing the impact of the United States’ tariffs, a 25 percent tariff on eight other products, including pork, an important moneymaker, especially in farming regions in states that voted for Mr. Trump. But the latest announcement said the tariffs taking effect on Monday covered all 128 products, including the 25 percent charge on pork . . . .

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

I didn’t say forget everything I’ve written, I said stop reading my posts.

For the sake of your inner peace, just stop reading them.

I have no interest in what you think of them and you are not really following along with what I am saying in them, so why not just stop?

Best advice ever...

4 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Indeed. Since you too are incapable of following any long-chain reasoning, you should just stop trying.

Like consistently making money in an ever anti capitalist society? That kind of reasoning?  Wanna compare paycheques?  Justtttt kiddingggg, Carry on my bitter friend. 😈

Who had the most taxes, social insurance 'fees' and mandatory deductions grabbed off his incoming? Mr Trump, you go first, then Mr Letendre, then Mr Troy. I am interested in what the 2% are successfully avoiding or manfully forking over to the people with the guns. If anyone is more insatiably Deep State than Revenue Canada, I am not acquainted.

They say, 'How much you pay belongs to how much you earn,' except in the case of arrangements with Deutsche Bank. I applaud the President of Alberta's willingness to let it all hang out. The President of the OL QAnon Fan Club is also worthy of support.

#ReleaseTheMEMOReturns

Edited by william.scherk
Meme, schmeme

Hyde-Smith beat Espy for Senate in Mississippi.

They're still counting as of this post, but the race has been called.

Now all we have to do is wait for the Democrats to sue for a do-over, then magically find and/or manufacture more votes to see if they can pull of a steal on recount, for it all to be over.

:evil: 

At least with 53 Republican Senators, President Trump now has a rubber stamp Senate that is essentially Romney-Collins-Murkowski proof due to the tie-breaking VP. The courts--that is the constitutionalist people in the courts--will be giving thanks for this for decades.

Michael

15 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

This is what The President of the United States chose to Tweet this morning ... 

DtEwcW2WsAADSP2?format=jpg

Jon,

Woo hoo!

Lock them up!
Lock them up!
Lock them up!
Lock them up!
Lock them up!
Lock them up!
Lock them up!

Finally we're going into the third quarter.

Celebrations aside, I love the timing. Last night, President Trump got a 53 Republican member Senate. That means the RINO Establishment team lost its fangs. The Senate is now Romney-Collins-Murkowsky proof. Trump now has a guaranteed 50 votes with VP Pence as tie-breaker for anything he wants from the Senate. 

His administrative appointments should now get seated and he should now get all the judges he wanted to appoint seated.

And if treason trials come up for the people in the meme, and the Senate needs to sign off on anything, like, say, opening records, subpoenas for Senate investigations, etc., etc., etc., it will.

Good times coming...

:) :) :) 

Michael

• Like 1