Donald Trump

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

President Trump is the most Randian President we have ever had.

Michael

All Randian heroes are successful builders.

Trump is a successful builder.

Therefore, Trump is a Randian hero.

Spoiler

Pasted-image-at-2016_07_21-11_26-PM-640x

QED!

3 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

All Randian heroes are successful builders.

This is factually false.

The syllogism starts with a false premise.

However, all Randian heroes honor builders and extend that to producers in general, celebrating work, grit, craftsmanship, and turning dreams into reality.

Just like President Trump did.

Michael

Trump is too good for any syllogism!

All men are mortal
Trump is a man
Therefore Trump is mortal---

WRONG!!!!

Trump is the best President ever and will be remembered forever for the rest of time itself!!!  Trump has gained his immortality through being the best President of the United States ever!!

Spoiler

f1d516ccf3c3d41f87262063dd084124.jpg

QED!!!

Wah? He sells paper towels and real estate? Well, Bounty is the best. Toilet paper is a good product to sell also, especially when a hurricane is threatening. Extra water, bread, milk, toilet paper, Bounty. What else do I need at the store? It is going to be in the 80's here in the mid Atlantic for the next few October days. Excellent!  

36 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Trump is too good for any syllogism!

All men are mortal
Trump is a man
Therefore Trump is mortal---

WRONG!!!!

Trump is the best President ever and will be remembered forever for the rest of time itself!!!  Trump has gained his immortality through being the best President of the United States ever!!

Reveal hidden contents

QED!!!

Sorry, I'm not following which straw man you're constructing and then mocking.

J

The New fake York news Times (which is 'failing') put out a boring 'deep-dive' into the origins of Donald Trump's Midas Touch.  According to those 'enemies of the people,' the Trump family is one big hog-farm of sketchy practices, tax dodges, fake 'independent' corporations and so on ...

... the only thing I retained was that young Trump earned 200 grand a year at the age of three.  Some of the buildings he constructed from blocks of wood fell down at that age, but hey.  

Some wags suggest that the reason Trump University died in spasms of fraud and misrepresentation was ... fraud and misrepresentation. But that can't be true, at least in a world where everything critical of the President's long career is HATE.  Truth is love after all. So when the Exact Same People (they don't have names, but) say the Trump riches may be ill-gotten or greasy with corrupt business practices, they are all full of it.  It. Gobs of it.

HATEmongers: Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Now, none of this should make the least bit of difference to people whose identity is completely wrapped up in Follow The Leader.  Or so I am told. For a cleansing change of venue, soak in the love and respect of the world's peoples for Trump and America. All polls are wrong, but you know what they say ...

lovingTrumpPEW.png

Drink deep the draught of loyalty, worshipful attitudes and just plain old cultish whoopee ...

lovingTrumpPEW2.png

Edited by william.scherk
Muh my, but Rooshia is sure not looking good in the midterms for Faith Goldy

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Sorry, I'm not following which straw man you're constructing and then mocking.

Jonathan,

Me neither.

If President Trump starts betraying his political agenda in the same manner President Obama did his once in office (selling out to banks, killing huge numbers of civilians as "collateral damage" in drone strikes, doing nothing for blacks in the inner cities except encourage riots, and on and on), he will lose his followers in a more brutal fashion than Obama ever did. Obama can still rally 750 people. Trump would not even get that.

Anti-Trumpers don't see this. They live in a world where it's normal for voters to faint in religious ecstasy at political rallies like what happened during Obama's election campaigns. They don't see this doesn't happen with Trump.

It's a nuance they don't get.

:evil:  :) 

I think that's because they don't see the world through any lens other than the epistemological way they practice their own fundamentalist religion. In other words, Trump's popularity to them is akin to Satan rising up and gathering brainwashed masses to worship him. They don't grok a world where a person can draw Trump-sized crowds without any worship of the man at all.

I think it's a form of epistemological authoritarianism at root--obey man over reality and principles be damned.

Michael

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

Me neither.

If President Trump starts betraying his political agenda in the same manner President Obama did his once in office (selling out to banks, killing huge numbers of civilians as "collateral damage" in drone strikes, doing nothing for blacks in the inner cities except encourage riots, and on and on), he will lose his followers in a more brutal fashion than Obama ever did. Obama can still rally 750 people. Trump would not even get that.

Anti-Trumpers don't see this. They live in a world where it's normal for voters to faint in religious ecstasy at political rallies like what happened during Obama's election campaigns. They don't see this doesn't happen with Trump.

It's a nuance they don't get.

:evil:  :) 

I think that's because they don't see the world through any lens other than the epistemological way they practice their own fundamentalist religion. In other words, Trump's popularity to them is akin to Satan rising up and gathering brainwashed masses to worship him. They don't grok a world where a person can draw Trump-sized crowds without any worship of the man at all.

I think it's a form of epistemological authoritarianism at root--obey man over reality and principles be damned.

Michael

Exactly. If Trump ever turns into a standard politician -- a Jeff Flake, for example -- he's finished.

J

30 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Exactly. If Trump ever turns into a standard politician -- a Jeff Flake, for example -- he's finished.

J

I'm still waiting for the moment that Trump was supposed to show us he has intellect.  Some things will never change...

As to First Lady, did Hillary Clinton ever do anything like this? Or Michelle Obama? Or, hell, either of the Bushes?

I know they did good works as First Lady, but I'm talking about making beauty, even a simple thing like a beautiful short video, out of personal gratitude mixed with love and honor for another culture. As if to say from the best within me to the best within you.

Melania is a wonderful First Lady.

Michael

43 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

I'm still waiting for the moment that Trump was supposed to show us he has intellect.  Some things will never change...

You go first. Demonstrate that you have more intellect than Trump, or at least enough to judge his intellect.

J

25 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Yes, she is.  Too bad her husband is despicable and a narcissist.

You do realize that you're on an Objectivist site, no??? High self-evaluation is considered a good thing in these parts. Ever heard of Ayn Rand? Heh. Ever read her self appraisals? Heh. Trump is only mildly narcissistic in comparison to the average O-ist.

J

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

You go first. Demonstrate that you have more intellect than Trump, or at least enough to judge his intellect.

J

You just setup a stupid game, how does one demonstrate?  What standards?  What precedent?   Your turn.

5 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

You do realize that you're on an Objectivist site, no??? High self-evaluation is considered a good thing in these parts. Ever heard of Ayn Rand? Heh. Ever read her self appraisals? Heh. Trump is only mildly narcissistic in comparison to the average O-ist.

J

Do YOU realize you're on an Objectivist site?!?  LOL

Donald Trump is NOT Objectivish in any way, and people here are the minority that they support Trump and are Objectivish.

In 2015 all the smart, sophisticated people laughed at Trump, assured us he was an idiot.

In 2016 all the sensitive intellects were confident Trump could not win the nomination, then the Presidency.

In 2017 we were assured Trump  would be “taken out.”

Instead, he is slaying all his enemies, taming previous ones (Senator Graham being just one) is at most days away from his second Supreme confirmation and five weeks away from having the entire federal government at his beck and call.

Thats how you know Trump has intellect.

That’s all one needs know, to know he has intellect, assuming one has sufficient intellect oneself.

Who, in Nov 2018 would still assure us he’s an idiot?

Only an idiot.

15 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

You just setup a stupid game, how does one demonstrate?  What standards?  What precedent?   Your turn.

Um, you think that I set up the game? Heh. Go back and read the history of our brief exchange.

Got it now? M-kay. Now ask yourself the same questions that you just asked me.

Ah! It's starting to sink in, isn't it?

J

14 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Defeat your entire Republican establishment for the nomination, Korben.

Take the Presidency away from a witch who has been groomed for it by the elites her whole life.

Get Bushie to back your Supreme Court nominee.

Avoid your death for three years while half the world wants and works toward your death.

What’s the problem, its easy. Any idiot can do it.

15 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Donald Trump is NOT Objectivish in any way, and people here are the minority that they support Trump and are Objectivish.

Haruppha phuffa!

Trump is easily the most Objectivish-friendly president we've ever had. He has accomplished more Objectivish-consistent things than any previous president.

But, yeah, I get it. He doesn't cite St. Ayn, or quote her holy scriptures of Objectivism, so he's not pure enough.

Keep practicing that standard O-vish tactic of self-immolation!

J

23 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Objectivish people don’t talk like that, “people here, most of them, think like me! You’re in the minority!”

So fucking pathetic.