Donald Trump

I definitely think that he just may go outside any choice that either holds office, or, ran for office.

My guess would be that Trump would not choose any of his current competitors. I think he'd go WAY outside.

J

Agreed.

That is where my thinking has coalesced in the last few days.

Ann Coulter finished her recent column with:

Maybe it's time the world gets used to life without the United States. If our current immigration policies aren't stopped, this country will soon be nothing more than another failed Latin American state.

Speaking of which, I note that our allies, Japan and Israel, aren't taking in any Syrian refugees. Japan is pretty far away, but Israel is even closer to Syria than Sweden is! Evidently, Japan and Israel aren't as gung-ho about destroying themselves as our European friends are. Donald Trump's soaring popularity suggests that America may not be ready to commit suicide yet, either.

A...

I'll repeat one thing I keep saying over and over.

Obviously people are pissed about the status quo (as in David Limbaugh's comments).

But the error in the barrage of analyses from traditional political commentators never changes. And it's why there are so many different analyses and why they keep fizzling. It's a sin of omission, probably because they never had to deal with this before. But they continue to make the same mistake.

Donald Trump is a producer.

The people who support him are producers.

They don't give a damn about political promises, political ideology according to "conservative principles," and all the rest. They are looking at reality now. All kinds of different talk has resulted in the same mess over and over and it never gets better. The talk changes, but the results stay the same or get worse.

Trump supporters want a solution, not more talk. And, frankly, I suspect most don't even give a damn about venting their anger. Don't forget, political commentators say that anger is the main reason they support Trump. But look at Trump's events. They tend to be pretty tame peace-wise.

Trump supporters want a solution to simple problems.

Just like the solutions they provide to simple problems in their own lives.

They want someone who will solve things.

So they want someone who can do productive things, someone who has done productive things, someone who has done them on a large preeminent scale, and someone who uses production merit criteria in choosing his staff.

When Trump speaks, he speaks from that frame. A producer's frame. Producers listen.

When political commentators speak, they speak from a political expert frame. Producers tune out.

Trump supporters don't even like political experts. They generally see politicians as parasites they have to deal with all the time. But they really like producers. They are producers, so recognizing one of their own kind is easy.

I suspect political commentators will not understand this for a long time to come. Why? I have not wanted to accept it, but now I honestly believe they think producers don't have a brain in their heads, so they are not worth thinking about.

Meanwhile, the producer class is rising.

Producer class? Hmmm... That just popped out.

So there. That's better. Maybe conservative political commentators will finally understand what an individual producer is when it's couched in Marxist terms...

:smile:

Michael

4 years ago today , Perry was the frontrunner for the party .

President Perry ?

Nominee Perry ?

Perry ?

Whats he doing these days ? Do we even know .

Those were the polls in 2011 , Sept .

I know , I know , I know ............ but this time its different ........ you don't understand Trump .......... you don't feel the nation ........... excuse , excuse , excuse . I can read the papers too , listen to the news , etc etc etc .

Trump is done . Y'all just don't see it .

What are we all overlooking that you see?

--

From an article Michael linked to in #1215:

link

Wall Street's latest panic: Trump could win

With Bush and Clinton taking their lumps, financial executives face populist critics in both parties.

By Ben White

09/14/15, 07:34 PM EDT

[....]

"I don't know anyone who is a Donald Trump supporter. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who is a Donald Trump supporter. They are like this huge mystery group," the [anonymous] CEO said. "So it's a combination of shock and bewilderment. No one really knows why this is happening. But my own belief is that the laws of gravity will apply and those who are prepared to run the marathon will benefit when Trump drops out at mile 22. Right now people think Trump is pretty hilarious but the longer it goes on the more frightening it gets."

[....]

"I don't think Trump is going to win, but I do worry about all the damage being done to Republicans among Hispanics and women by him being such an idiot," said a senior executive and major GOP fundraiser at a large bank who also declined to be identified by name. "Everyone thinks he is a buffoon and a bombastic loudmouth who won't be around at the end. But the concern is that he is still at 30 in the polls and he is going to hang around for a while and do a great deal of damage."

I hope that however far Trump gets in his Presidential bid, he damages the current Republican Party power structure beyond repair.

Ellen

Ellen,

That's easy.

It's not us overlooking. It's Marc looking.

And what is he looking at?

The increasingly real probability of choking on crow bones.

This tends to encourage full-blown cases of denial.

(I love poking him in the ribs... :) )

I hope that however far Trump gets in his Presidential bid, he damages the current Republican Party power structure beyond repair.

A girl after my own heart.

Michael

How about an image to give the anti-Trump folks heartburn?

(It's from a speech yesterday on the deck of the USS Iowa in the Port of Los Angeles.)

09.16.2015-13.31.png

Trump's personality archetype is based on power.

So how about that picture, tripartite phallic symbol and all?

Michael

The "Punisher" would never bring a knife to a gunfight.

How about an image to give the anti-Trump folks heartburn?

(It's from a speech yesterday on the deck of the USS Iowa in the Port of Los Angeles.)

09.16.2015-13.31.png

Trump's personality archetype is based on power.

So how about that picture, tripartite phallic symbol and all?

Michael

It's not the Yamato. That sucker had 18" guns.

--Brant

President O'bama actually said yesterday

He con­tin­ued: “I’m here to say there’s noth­ing par­tic­u­larly pat­ri­ot­ic or Amer­ic­an about talk­ing down Amer­ica, es­pe­cially when we stand as one of the few sources of eco­nom­ic strength in the world.”

I am speechless that this loser who has done nothing but talk down America since he was getting indoctrinated actually said this!!

A...

This is the Libertarian Party release about The Donald...

Libertarians versus Donald Trump
No hair jokes, just issues.

Nicholas Sarwark, Chair of the Libertarian National Committee issued the following statement:

Libertarianism is the idea that you have the right to pursue happiness in any way you wish as long as it doesn't hurt people or take their stuff. We support the fundamental rights of all people, all of the time. We do not denigrate or disparage any group. We respect the humanity of all people.

Unfortunately, the only policy position addressed on Mr. Trump's official campaign webpage is immigration. Thus, we are limited to piecing together Mr. Trump's positions on policy issues based on recent quotes in the news media.

Let's compare and contrast Donald Trump's views with those of the Libertarian Party:

National Security

Mr. Trump likes tough talk and seems to think that wars are an effective solution to many of our problems. Libertarians think that wars often create more problems than they solve, are bankrupting our nation, and that violence is only justified when used for defense.

Foreign Policy

Mr. Trump advocates more sanctions on Iran, more support for Israel, and being tough all around. Libertarians think the United States should both avoid entangling alliances and abandon its attempts to act as policeman for the world.

Trade

Mr. Trump thinks that foreign countries are getting the better end of trade deals and says that he would negotiate more favorable deals. Libertarians support free trade and think that U.S. citizens and businesses should be allowed to negotiate the deals that they find favorable without the interference of the U.S. government and government officials.

Healthcare

Fifteen years ago Mr. Trump claimed he was for a government run single-payer Canadian-style healthcare system. Mr. Trump now says Obamacare is ineffective and should be repealed and replaced, but he's not specific. Libertarians have always opposed government run healthcare, and support a free market.

Immigration

Mr. Trump advocates building a wall along our Southern border and has said disparaging things about immigrants. Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel peacefully across borders to work, trade, or live.

Eminent Domain

Mr. Trump has taken advantage of eminent domain laws to build his real-estate empire. Libertarians think that eminent domain is often exploited by the wealthy at the cost of average Americans and is a violation of our most basic rights.

War on Drugs

Mr. Trump has, in the past, advocated ending the “war on drugs” because it is ineffective and wasteful. Lately, he seems to be adjusting his stance and claiming that it's an issue for states to decide. Libertarians also think that the “war on drugs” is ineffective and wasteful. In addition, we think the “war on drugs” is one of the biggest violations of Americans' civil liberties as it has been used to put hundreds of thousands on non-violent people in prison.

Gay Marriage

Mr. Trump also has said that he thinks that gay marriage is an issue for the states. Libertarians think that the government has no business regulating anyone's marriage.

Justice System

Mr. Trump says he would be tough on crime via anti-crime policies. Libertarians also want to decrease crime but likely disagree with Mr. Trump on the nature of “crime.” Libertarians are careful to differentiate between violent crimes and non-violent crimes, and also between crimes which involve a victim and those that do not. Currently, a huge percentage of our prison population is imprisoned for non-violent, victimless crimes such as marijuana use. Libertarians think that this is unjust to everyone: the taxpayer, the incarcerated, and society more broadly. Prison should be reserved for violent criminals.

Education

Mr. Trump has stated that he is against Common Core and supports school-choice. Most Libertarians would agree. Libertarians think that the federal government should not have the authority to dictate to Americans how we should educate our children.

2nd Amendment

Mr. Trump has said that he is against limits on Americans' 2nd Amendment Rights, but has supported the ban on so-called assault weapons and longer waiting periods to buy guns. Libertarians oppose all laws at any level of government that attempt to restrict, register, or monitor the ownership, manufacture, or transfer of firearms or ammunition.

In the first debate, Trump said, “Our leaders are stupid. Our politicians are stupid.” Libertarians think big government policies are the problem, and smarter politicians with the same policies won't help. America needs new policies and a new perspective focusing on smaller government, more liberty, and peace.

https://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/libertarians-versus-donald-trump?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Libertarian%20Party&utm_content=20150916+GENPR+L+vs+Trump

Ellen,

That's easy.

It's not us overlooking. It's Marc looking.

And what is he looking at?

The increasingly real probability of choking on crow bones.

This tends to encourage full-blown cases of denial.

(I love poking him in the ribs... :smile: )

A girl after my own heart.

Michael

always an lol to MSK . I love US politics and have followed for my entire life . I just try and look to the future and not what the hype is today . Quite sure that by tomorrow Trump will have been awarded the POTUS and maybe even Obama himself will step down because it is so inevitable . Just in US politics , the game has even started yet . Ask Rick Perry about 2011 . This is a real hard one for folks to understand and polls to represent in my view as Trump is Trump , great name , knows the game , etc etc etc . Trump is amazing , no doubt there . Does he want to sit in the Oval office is the real question . King maker is his game . I see that clearly regardless of what folks who don't vote in Primaries say months before .

It's a little early, but the Drudge poll gives Trump over 60% votes on who won the debate. Fiorina is coming in second with 14.66%. Then Cruz a long way down under 6% and so on.

I will put up screenshots later after more people have voted. So far a little under 200,000 have voted.

Also, I don't think it was Trump's best performance. It's just that people see him through the lens of a guy who knows how to produce stuff.

They don't mind when he doesn't say how he's going to do something. They know he will get the best people and just do it. So they are happy with the why and the what. (Like Bill Whittle said, he was happy just to vote for Trump's hat. :) )

Note, they don't give a pass like this to someone they see through the lens of politician. But then again, many Trump supporters don't even show up when politicians speak, much less give an opinion.

Michael

So far in the Drudge flash poll,* as of this minute, there are a little over 325k voters and Trump has been hovering around 59-60%. Carly seems to be hovering one point above what she was doing earlier, meaning now she's doing 15-16%. All the others are steady at below 6%.

* This link will not work later as it is a generic link Drudge used for the last GOP debate flash poll. I don't know how long it will work, but I imagine it should be good for a couple of days.

Michael

Here's a first screenshot of the Drudge poll. It's still early (over 360k voters so far), but I see a trend of 4 distinct categories and I suspect they will hold. I marked them with red rectangles:

09.17.2015-00.09.png

I wonder if these categories will bleed over to the professional polls later. I predict something like them will.

Michael

I wish Ann Coulter's article were better (at least it's not awful), but she came up with one hell of a headline:

Donald Trump: The Only People Who Like Him Are The Voters

Ain't it the truth?

The political class keeps trying to explain it's own irrelevancy to voters. And reality keeps smacking it around.

It's quite a show.

:)

Michael

I wish Ann Coulter's article were better (at least it's not awful), but she came up with one hell of a headline:

Donald Trump: The Only People Who Like Him Are The Voters

Ain't it the truth?

The political class keeps trying to explain it's own irrelevancy to voters. And reality keeps smacking it around.

It's quite a show.

Michael

Ann is an electronic probe gatekeeper with such a sharp satirical sense that she goes anywhere.

Alan Colmes, ex-Hannity co-host and Monica Crowley's brother-in-law, is the publisher of Liberaland and posted this last night:

Ann Coulter

@AnnCoulter

How many f---ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?

11:05 PM - 16 Sep 2015

1,934 1,934 Retweets

Above is what prompted the following...

Ann Coulter says she was talking about how the Republicans in Wednesday night’s debate were pandering, and was not a rap on Jews. But it’s not being interpreted that way in many quarters.

In a separate tweet, she said, “Maybe it’s to suck up to the Evangelicals.”

When Christie made his pledge, Coulter tweeted: “Christie also talks @ Israel in response to the question: What will AMERICA look like after you are president?”

Subsequently, she tweeted, “How to get applause from GOP donors: 1) Pledge to start a war 2) Talk about job creators 3) Denounce abortion 4) Cite Reagan 5) Cite Israel.”

The sequence drew outrage and satire on social media. Christians United for Israel excoriated Coulter in a release.

“Ann Coulter’s tweets this evening concerning Israel were completely inappropriate,” spokesman Ari Morgenstern said in a statement. “The U.S.-Israel relationship is both a moral and strategic imperative. There are tens of millions of Christians in this country who stand with the Jewish state.

Sadly, though, she rallied the white supremacist crowd, more than those who saw the kind of pandering Republicans were doing.