Donald Trump

5 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

DmGMVOHX4AEPvTc.jpg

Hail to The Emperor !!!!!! 

Loving POTUS more every day , 

November , sweet November !! 

Nine more weeks till the Democratic Party is in effect , out of business. 

Will be interesting to see  what great party can potentially rise from those ashes 

• Like 2

Sessions, Sessions, Sessions!   

Who can suggest what President Trump is getting at? 

Two easy wins, but then bad Jeff Justice got in the way?  

Gee, what's on your mind these days? 

The perception of things today in the press make it seem like President Trump is tanking. There's the mess at the Kavanaugh hearing. Bob Woodward is coming out with a book that paints the Trump administration as psychotic and dysfunctional. According to one poll, the Republicans might as well stay home for the midterms because they are going to get trounced so badly, nobody's vote is going to make any difference.

However...

In the world of reality, that is, things that are actually happening that do or will shape America, here are a few interesting facts.

1. Despite all grandstanding, the approval of Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court is almost a done deal. Only a major scandal can prevent it and this guy is so squeaky clean, the possibility is so remote as to be politically nonexistent. To be objective, let's give it a one in one billion chance to happen.

2. In President Trump's war on the NFL for allowing players to disrespect the National Anthem during broadcast games, Nike weighed in by hiring Colin Kaepernick as a poster boy for its sports products. The result is a nationwide boycott, people are burning their Nike equipement all across America, and the company lost 4 billions dollars on the stock exchange so far today. (I've heard that the Adidas people can't stop yelling and jumping up and down in joy, but that's only hearsay. :) )

3. Jon Kyl has been appointed to fill out John McCain's Senate term. That further ensures Kavanaugh approval and even puts formal Obamacare repeal back on the table for this year if President Trump so wishes. Jon Kyl is generally a Trump supporter.

4. Rahm Emanuel announced he will not seek a third term as Mayor of Chicago, because he doesn't think he will get reelected.

5. The economy is roaring.

Not bad for one day...

:) 

Michael 

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The perception of things today in the press make it seem like President Trump is tanking. There's the mess at the Kavanaugh hearing. Bob Woodward is coming out with a book that paints the Trump administration as psychotic and dysfunctional. According to one poll, the Republicans might as well stay home for the midterms because they are going to get trounced so badly, nobody's vote is going to make any difference.

However...

In the world of reality, that is, things that are actually happening that do or will shape America, here are a few interesting facts.

1. Despite all grandstanding, the approval of Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court is almost a done deal. Only a major scandal can prevent it and this guy is so squeaky clean, the possibility is so remote as to be politically nonexistent. To be objective, let's give it a one in one billion chance to happen.

2. In President Trump's war on the NFL for allowing players to disrespect the National Anthem during broadcast games, Nike weighed in by hiring Colin Kaepernick as a poster boy for its sports products. The result is a nationwide boycott, people are burning their Nike equipement all across America, and the company lost 4 billions dollars on the stock exchange so far today. (I've heard that the Adidas people can't stop yelling and jumping up and down in joy, but that's only hearsay. :) )

3. Jon Kyl has been appointed to fill out John McCain's Senate term. That further ensures Kavanaugh approval and even puts formal Obamacare repeal back on the table for this year if President Trump so wishes. Jon Kyl is generally a Trump supporter.

4. Rahm Emanuel announced he will not seek a third term as Mayor of Chicago, because he doesn't think he will get reelected.

5. The economy is roaring.

Not bad for one day...

:) 

Michael 

Yeah , but Trunp has no “ ground game “ 

What's worse, I suspect Bob Woodward just trashed his reputation with his new book.

Mattis already called the comments attributed to him a fiction and I have no doubt other people mentioned in the book will, too.

I predict this book will go the way of Michael Wolf and Omarosa. That is, fake news media splash, debunking bickering, fizzle, then disappear..

Bob Woodward is better than that, so I feel sad to see him do what he did.

Oh well...

At least he once wrote a good book on John Belushi...

:evil: 

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Mattis already called the comments attributed to him a fiction and I have no doubt other people mentioned in the book will, too.

Dayamm!

I didn't expect it to start this quick:

and

and

Probably more coming.

Michael

7 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Nike stocks dropped over 2.2% within an hour of trade opening. And -3.2% on the day

Yea when it was announced about the new "just do it" campaign, I figured Nike would take a hit from this.  From an objective standpoint, it's going to turn people away from the brand, and sales will suffer some from it... so the market is reacting correctly here, in this instance at least.

14 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Nike stocks dropped over 2.2% within an hour of trade opening. And -3.2% on the day

6 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Yea when it was announced about the new "just do it" campaign, I figured Nike would take a hit from this.  From an objective standpoint, it's going to turn people away from the brand, and sales will suffer some from it... so the market is reacting correctly here, in this instance at least.

-3.2% in one day is a noisy blip. NKE was up 57% the previous 12 months. The blip was a knee-jerk reaction from some investors. There isn't only one market. There is the stock market and the consumer market.  People who decide to buy/sell/hold NKE stock are not the same set of people who buy NKE goods such as shoes. Very likely NKE executives considered how both markets would react and believed the net effect of the action would be neutral or even positive in the market of consumers, i.e. NKE's revenues

The Daily Caller's Vince Coglianese and (edited by/also present) Saagar Enjeti scored an exclusive interview with President Trump. Sorry, Bob. I blame Kellyanne.

Edited by william.scherk
-)

12 hours ago, merjet said:

-3.2% in one day is a noisy blip. NKE was up 57% the previous 12 months. The blip was a knee-jerk reaction from some investors. There isn't only one market. There is the stock market and the consumer market.  People who decide to buy/sell/hold NKE stock are not the same set of people who buy NKE goods such as shoes. Very likely NKE executives considered how both markets would react and believed the net effect of the action would be neutral or even positive in the market of consumers, i.e. NKE's revenues

I think the mid/long term effect will either have Nike see no change in their stock pattern for the selected term, or it will benefit them.  In the short term, the stock did have a downturn due to the news, however.  I think we agree on a lot here

19 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

The stock market is an anticipatory market so it’s simply traders and institutions dumping stock because they figure the stock goes down from here as they view revenues dropping as people get turned off their political play with the ad and their corporate stance . 

Personally , I would have shorted Nike for the same reason so it makes sense about the reaction to the stock , in my view . 

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

The stock market is an anticipatory market so it’s simply traders and institutions dumping stock because they figure the stock goes down from here as they view revenues dropping as people get turned off their political play with the ad and their corporate stance . 

Personally , I would have shorted Nike for the same reason so it makes sense about the reaction to the stock , in my view . 

Yup, that news made Nike ripe to short sell

9 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

Yup, that news made Nike ripe to short sell

Funny but the market cap of Nike is well over 100 billion so when Nike eventually realizes that their political stance was ridiculous they will cut CK so fast and pay him out and then the market that day will move up 3% . 

Circling the square of Wiry Sources, Sources Say, Anon, Q, Anonymous and the Great Awakening ...

If President Obama did what Trump did in Korea , he would have already won the the Nobel Peace Prize . 

But lets  blah blah some more about a freaking email with Kavenuagh , Oh Lordy , the inmates are really restless in the asaylum 

Here's how the anti-Trumpers would love to deal with President Trump.

It's about the current Brazilian presidential elections.

Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil presidential front-runner, stabbed in street

Bolsonaro is often compared in the press with President Trump, although he's not really that similar. He represents the former Military Dictatorship values.

Still, he did not deserve to be stabbed. He was not cautious, though. He was being carried by the crowd with people all around him when the stabbing happened.

Here's a screenshot I took from the video in the article of the moment of the stabbing. I highlighted the knife.

09.06.2018-18.35.png

At least here in the US...

Oops...

Wyoming Gop Office Set On Fire Less Than Two Days After Opening — Police Say It Was Intentional

Stay safe, people.

As the midterms get closer and it becomes more and more evident the Dems are not going to have their blue wave, if you campaign for the Trump agenda, keep your eyes open.

These people are not going to give up their political power without violence. In most cases, it will be hard for them to get to the candidates, so they will attack the campaigners.

Michael

Redux ...

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Circling the square of Wiry Sources, Sources Say, Anon, Q, Anonymous and the Great Awakening ...