Donald Trump

59 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

As to the beheadings of activists by the Saudi’s...

Id like to publically sodomize the Saud prince with Canadian made pork sausage, maybe I should run for PM eh?

Somehow I don't think you would really like it all that much, and worse, what if HRH  did like it?

Our top grade  Canadian ground meat is too good for him anyway.  

But sure, run for PM.  I will vote for you at a discount!

On 8/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, william.scherk said:

the Governor of Arizona shall appoint a replacement to the Senate from the same party as the dead/departed Senator. [...] ... so then the Arizona Senate seat will be put to election at the next state-wide election, which would then be 2020.

From Nancy LeTourneau at Washington Monthly: Arizona Gov. Ducey’s Dilemma in Choosing McCain’s Successor

[...] Ducey is facing a very difficult decision. To satisfy the Republican base, he’ll need to appoint a Trump loyalist to McCain’s senate seat. But that will only further alienate McCain’s supporters in the state, who are most likely the same Republicans that are already trending away from the party ever since Donald Trump took it over.

None of this will have an immediate effect on the make-up of the senate. Regardless of who Ducey choses it will be a Republican and the party will maintain it’s slight majority of 51-49. But Ducey’s dilemma is the same one we see in statewide races like the one where Stacey Abrams has a shot at the governorship in Georgia and Beto O’Rourke is giving Ted Cruz a run for his money in Texas.

It could be that Governor Ducey will seek to have McCain's widow Cindy serve as Senator until the 2020 statewide elections.  I don't think it likely, but that is a pattern in the USA (Lurlene Wallace?).  The open question is whether the appointed Senator will seek to defend his or her seat at the next general election ...  and turn into a rogue Ma Ferguson type.

Edited by william.scherk
Added link to LeTourneau Twitter account

Billy quoted someone's opinion:

"[...] Ducey is facing a very difficult decision. To satisfy the Republican base, he’ll need to appoint a Trump loyalist to McCain’s senate seat..."

I doubt that. I think that the base would be quite satisfied with just a regular, normal republican. Anyone who's not a RINO. Anyone who's not a conniving, vindictive douche.

J

Set the stage with recursion ... and try to bring the talk back to Trump ...

On 8/26/2018 at 1:06 PM, william.scherk said:

It looks to my naive eyes that media freedoms hinge on independence ... from the usual authoritarian constraints that bind say, Egypt's media -- or more sharply, Turkey's media.

There is some big-ass media business out of South Africa, I find.  From total ignorance on Tuesday I now kind of know that the RSA dominates the internet in Africa as both consumer and producer, with the most-modern technology penetration much above the African or southern African average.

So, Tony's reticence on naming and shaming vast media empires and their insidious individuated contribution to bad news, fake news, bias and so on notwithstanding -- I expect that RSA's 18th position on world press freedom rankings means there should at the very least be a proliferation of outlets, even if all such outlets are owned or influenced or 'bought' in their editorial lines.

Long sentences, Tony, not the only, king.

Here are some random headlines that promise people talking up a storm.  In there somewhere are facts, hopes, predictions, bullshit, happy families, discord, fate, cynicism and outright propaganda. Name and shame, boys, name and shame.

I was going to post about twenty links, but reserve the lot of them in case discussion gets enjoined of particulars herein. 

From ignoramus to 45 km/h in five days, albeit with Aristotle's hubcaps scraping at times.

Spoiler

RSAmediaClubPage.png

Truncquoat & Moralize will be back on the air this fall, I hear.

Besides the Trump RSA-as-Saudi tweet, not a lot new to report from the federal government or its administration. But what a difference a tweet makes, huh?  I mean in terms of 'arousing' attention.  Arts of persuasion, discerning information. Galvanization.

Edited by william.scherk
Self-censorship

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Set the stage with recursion ... and try to bring the talk back to Trump .

William,

You mean like deal maker?

Like everything going back to that?

Hell, I bet President Trump made his deal with Mexico and blew the stock market to a record high, and even walked away from his deal with North Korea for now, just to get people talking about his pathetic ass again instead of the hell the heroic Mueller has in store to rain down on him over Cohen hookers and Manafort taxes and, worse, to get people to stop talking about the even more heroic McCain.

:evil: 

(You can't make this up. There are people who actually believe this shit. :) )

Michael

4 hours ago, [WSS: Somebody] said:

[WSS: William] quoted someone's opinion: [...] I think that the base would be quite satisfied with just a regular, normal republican. Anyone who's not a RINO. Anyone who's not a conniving, vindictive douche.

From Renata Clo of Cronkite News,  a division of ArizonaPBS, republished at Arizona Daily Independent's site

[...] Under Arizona law, if there is a vacancy in one of the state’s two Senate seats, the governor is required to name a replacement of the same party as the senator who held the seat previously.

If the vacancy occurs more than 150 days before the primary, the seat comes up for election in the next general election. For a vacancy that occurs less than 150 days before the primary, the replacement senator holds the seat until the second general election after the appointment.

With Arizona’s primary this Tuesday, that means whoever is appointed to take McCain’s seat will hold it until 2020, when there will be an election to fill out the remaining two years in the current term. And the new senator must be a Republican.

After that, it’s anybody’s guess. And Ducey’s not talking.

[...]

Despite Ducey’s refusal to discuss names, many have been mentioned among politics watchers.

[political consultant] Rose said McCain’s widow, Cindy, and his close friend and CEO of Plaza Cos., Sharon Harper, have been mentioned as possible appointees, along with former Sen. Jon Kyl and former Rep. Matt Salmon. Well-known business people, such as Barbara Barrett, Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill and former Phoenix Suns owner Jerry Colangelo, have also been discussed, Rose said.

Sean Noble, a partner in the lobbying firm Compass Strategies, said that any politician who comes next will be standing on the shoulders of some great Arizona men and women who preceded McCain.

“When you look at the string of Arizona senators and members of Congress that we’ve had, going from Carl Hayden to Barry Goldwater to Dennis Deconcini to McCain,” Noble said. “I mean, it’s a pretty remarkable record.”

I think that the governor may be sore tempted to appoint the conniving, vindictive douchebag Cindy "Dog the Trump Hunter" McCain, but he can't be sure she won't turn on him and chew his face off in a fit of dueling metaphors.  I mean, would a cold, calculating Deep evul like the McCain family sit out the mid-terms by observing radio silence?  Don't think so.  So, scratch Cindy off the list, unless she swears on her mother's adrenochrome that she will be dignified, silent till November 7, and not turn honey badger.

Sedona1.jpg

I say that Arizona is a pretty cool place, with pretty interesting politics, a kind kind of crucible of reform somewhat like Alberta in Canada (where many national reform movements were born. Zzzzz. Preston Manning. Zzzzz). 

My heart is with the long-shot Senate candidate in the other actual race, former Sheriff Joe.  I mean, he's barely a hundred and two, he's got years of work in him, finally scraping to the bottom of the scamdal over Barack Obama's birth.  The inimitable Dr Kelli Ward, Osteopath will probably eat his face, though, since she is even more weird, vindictive and conniving than McCain Inc, or so a lot of people are saying.

16 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I think that the governor may be sore tempted to appoint the conniving, vindictive douchebag Cindy "Dog the Trump Hunter" McCain.

OMG, that's sooooo funny, Billy! Yeah! If I called McCain a conniving, vindictive douchebag, which he was, and which pretty much everyone recognizes, including his friends and colleagues, and including himself, then of course I must be calling his wife the same!

Brilliant logic, there, Billy! Astoundingly fresh humor!

Seriously, Billy, what's up you butt? Is it TDS? What's gotten you so snippy?

Campaign promise Trump failed on delivering:  Mexico will pay for the border wall.  When will Trumpeters finally realize Trump can't keep his campaign promises?  Here's a few:

"Lock her up!!"  ---  HRH going to jail over the e-mail scandal.  Trump even told her to her face in the 3rd Presidential debate:

So where's HRH now?  Not in jail.  Trump has done nothing.

How about another one?  Repeal and replace Obamacare.  How did that go?

Trump failed.  And he's not pursuing it---largely because Trump believes in universal healthcare much like Obama.  (Look it up.)

So how about Mexico paying for the border wall?  Back in January 2018, Trump told the WSJ this:

"They can pay for it indirectly through NAFTA, [...]. We make a good deal on NAFTA, and, say, 'I'm going to take a small percentage of that money and it's going toward the wall.' Guess what? Mexico's paying."

Guess what?  The Mexico trade deal announced yesterday doesn't have anything to do with Mexico paying for a border wall:

4F7909A900000578-0-image-a-3_15354880334

So Mexico isn't paying for the wall.  Fail, another campaign promise failed.

So let's review:

• Hillary to jail --- FAIL
  • Repeal and replace O'care --- FAIL
  • Mexico paying for the wall --- FAIL

Where's all that WINNING????

And where is that border wall anyway?

Anyone still think it will ever be built?

Haha! So being Canadian makes me somehow inferior Michael?  I’ll tell you what it means to be Canadian.  We pay more taxes, have more regulations and have to climb one hell of a steeper hill in order to succeed because the deck is stacked against us.

Wanna compare paychecks?

36 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Haha! So being Canadian makes me somehow inferior Michael?  I’ll tell you what it means to be Canadian.  We pay more taxes, have more regulations and have to climb one hell of a steeper hill in order to succeed because the deck is stacked against us.

Wanna compare paychecks?

Good ole Jules did not mention the benefits we get from our higher taxes  FREE health care and despite the rightist propaganda, really good health care, and really good public schools. I have wondered why Canucks Marc and Jules were so political;y different from me and WSS, I thought maybe they were private school products, maybe even disciples of Lord B;ack at UCC - but not Marc at least . 'Tis a puzzlemenl

Carol growing up my family was dirt poor. I started mowing lawns in the summer, shoveling driveways in the winter when I was 10.  Sometimes for 14 hours+.  

Your healthcare is not free.  Well it is for you but I’m definately paying for it plus feeding 5 welfare families...

26 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Carol growing up my family was dirt poor. I started mowing lawns in the summer, shoveling driveways in the winter when I was 10.  Sometimes for 14 hours+.  

Your healthcare is not free.  Well it is for you but I’m definately paying for it plus feeding 5 welfare families...

You are right, of course. Your taxes paid for my lifesaving  cancer surgery, and countless other blessings for welfare cases like me.

No words to say thank you. Maybe that is why Canadians tend to be so nice to each other,even in these times, and refuse to be divided by ideology.

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

Haha! So being Canadian makes me somehow inferior Michael?

Jules,

LOL...

That's not what I meant.

I'm not the kind to look down my nose on others as if they were livestock like some people do.

I love Canadians.

What I meant was that Canada is losing the trade war game at the moment to President Trump whereas Mexico, which nobody on the left ever thought would make a separate agreement, is winning.

Since William was so snarky about Justin Trudeau showing Trump who's who and what's what, and (for a while) how Trump couldn't stand Mexicans, it probably stings like a mother to be losing in such an obvious manner.

So see? I don't mind at all that you're a Canadian.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

6 minutes ago, caroljane said:

You are right, of course. Your taxes paid for my lifesaving  cancer surgery, and countless other blessings for welfare cases like me.

No words to say thank you. Maybe that is why Canadians tend to be so nice to each other,even in these rimes, and refuse to be divided by ideology.

I wouldn’t be as pissed if we actually had a flat tax system.  That would actually reward people for busting ass but when a person works 3500-4200 hours/year and gets kicked in the teeth for doing so it gets my ears a little steamy.

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules,

LOL...

That's not what I meant.

I'm not the kind to look down my nose on others as if they were livestock like some people do.

I love Canadians.

What I meant was that Canada is losing the trade war game at the moment to President Trump whereas Mexico, which nobody on the left ever thought would make a separate agreement, is winning.

Since William was so snarky about Justin Trudeau showing Trump who's who and what's what, and (for a while) how Trump couldn't stand Mexicans, it probably stings like a mother to be losing in such an obvious manner.

So see? I don't mind at all that you're a Canadian.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

Who knows, we may luck out and Trudeau smokes some of his newly legal weed and it might make him..smarter?  September can’t come fast enough...he is a freeking embarrassment.

28 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

You mean you are surprised that some people prefer to use their own minds instead of singing the party line after all that indoctrination?

:)

Michael

And some of us resent being persecuted for being taller poppies...

Korben,

I, for one, am not used to bowing down before kings and queens, or any authority for that matter, so I don't feel a smidgen of embarrassment over botched protocols of traditions. (God knows I botched a few of my own when I was an orchestra conductor. :) )

It is kinda funny in a cute way, though.

Especially seeing the huge difference in size between them.

It reminds me a little of silent movie comedies.

Or, on a more daily-life note, the queen reminds me of a little dog running around a big dog. Add some high-pitched barking and it would be perfect comedy.

Michael

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

I, for one, am not used to bowing down before kings and queens, or any authority for that matter, so I don't feel a smidgen of embarrassment over botched protocols of traditions. 

Michael

You are becoming used to bowing down to a President, though ....?