Donald Trump

My favorite TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) story for the week is that Meghan McCain said she got married because of Trump.

She was sure the sky was falling, so she hurried and got married in order to suck some joy out of living before Trump spoiled it all for everyone.

Seriously.

:)

From The Hill:

Meghan McCain: I got married because of Trump

They say the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, but in this case, thankfully, it did.

Instead of being a neocon warmonger and closet globalist like her daddy, she's loopy.

I like it. It's an improvement.

Michael

• Like 1

Here is what happens when you pop bullies in the nose real hard.

They snivel.

07.29.2018-17.21.png

Sulzberger wants President Trump to tone down his rhetoric against the fake news media, but wants to keep publishing fake news. (See here.)

Sniveling won't help.

I, for one, canceled my subscription a year and a half ago (maybe longer) to The New York Times. I told them the reason was their total bias against Trump. I am sure I was not the only one.

So, yeah. The man they bullied for two years kept hitting back.

Hard.

Now they're losing and they snivel.

Fuck The New York Times.

Spin that.

Michael

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here is what happens when you pop bullies in the nose real hard.

They snivel.

07.29.2018-17.21.png

Sulzberger wants President Trump to tone down his rhetoric against the fake news media, but wants to keep publishing fake news. (See here.)

Sniveling won't help.

I, for one, canceled my subscription a year and a half ago (maybe longer) to The New York Times. I told them the reason was their total bias against Trump. I am sure I was not the only one.

So, yeah. The man they bullied for two years kept hitting back.

Hard.

Now they're losing and they snivel.

Spin that.

Michael

Normally I'd identify that Sulzberger's plea as "the fallacy of illicit transference." But it's not really a logical mistake, but an intentional tactic. Yellow journalism. That's what they used to call it. A member of the press behaves more like a political advocate and activist, and in response, Trump's team temporarily limits that person's access. Sleaze bag activist media a-holes then come out with the Yellow, Fake News Narrative that Trump opposes all of the media, is attacking them, and is trying to shut down the free press, because he's an authoritarian just like Hitler. Heh.

"Fuck The New York Times" is right.

J

• Like 1

More magnanimous to piss on the Ole Grey Lady, leaving her the option to clean up , once you fuck her , she aint never the same, and neither are you

Edited by tmj
forgot some

Q-fanatics notwithstanding, the world will take notice once Julian Assange leaves the 'asylum' of the London embassy of Ecuador. Trump's DOJ and the Mueller inquiry will be moving on him like a bitch ...

On 6/29/2018 at 6:58 PM, Jon Letendre said:

37) The 10 Frightened Democrats know that Assange has the goods on them. If/when he testifies about the DNC emails, the truth comes out about Seth Rich. Ditto for the server.

Seth Rich conspiracy soy theory boys notwithstanding, Ecuador looks ready to move in mysterious ways:

Edited by william.scherk
Julie-Anne ...

13 hours ago, Darrell Hougen said:

Looks like the Daily Caller got to ask a question at Trump's press conference. That was almost more than the lefty media could take.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/30/media-attacks-daily-caller-trump-question/

Darrell,

Forgive my schadenfreude tenor, but I'm in a seize the moment mood.

07.31.2018-09.42.png

Michael

• Like 1

This is the Secretary of Homeland Security ... with a message to Q Russia Trump Democrats Conspiracy Theorists:  

Yup, "Muh Russia" claims another victim.  Sad!

12 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Yup, "Muh Russia" claims another victim.  Sad!

William,

This is a rhetorical sleight of hand propagandists do.

I'm sure you already know this since you're doing it, so I'm writing it for the reader.

The original charge was that Donald Trump won the presidency because the Russians interfered in the elections. That without Russian interference, Hillary Clinton would have won.

But if you look at ALL official conclusions from the investigations, NONE of them claim this. In fact, every single one I have seen claim that no votes were affected from Russian interference.

So the charge in the media morphed into Trump and Trump supporters deny Russia EVER interfered in the elections.

Close in words, but not the same thing. In fact, this is stupid since everybody knows Russia has interfered in elections going back, at least, to Franklin D. Roosevelt. The miracle would be if Russia had stopped, but nobody I know believes that.

What's more, nobody I know ever claimed Russians never interfered in the elections.

Yet the media keeps on presenting statements that Russia interfered as if it were a big gotcha.

This is form without a smidgen of content.

Russia did not elect Donald Trump as President. Americans did.

I want this crap to keep up, though. It drives more and more people to supporting President Trump.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is a rhetorical sleight of hand propagandists do.

Hi Michael,

A while back I became familiar with the term, "motte and bailey." (My apologies if you're already familiar with the term.) The term originates as a description of a certain kind of fortification in which there is a highly fortified keep (or motte) surrounded by a less well fortified but generally much larger courtyard (or bailey). The smaller motte is easier to defend, while the larger bailey is more difficult to defend.

As an argument, a motte and bailey is, "a combination of bait-and-switch and equivocation," in which the arguer switches between an easily defended statement such as, "the climate is changing," and a harder to defend claim such as, "man-made global warming will have catastrophic effects on our environment." Whenever attacked, the person putting forth the motte and bailey position retreats to the stronger assertion that the climate is changing. Once the attacker gives up attempting to assail the stronger position, the arguer reverts to asserting the truth of the weaker bailey position that man is to blame and that the consequences will be catastrophic if "we" don't do something about it. Anyone who questions the bailey is accused of questioning the motte.

In my view, the same thing is going on here. The assertion is made that, "the Russians interfered in the election." The motte is that they interfered in the election campaign and attempted to hack voting machines. The bailey is that they actually changed a sufficient number of votes to change the results of the election by either hacking voting machines or by swaying the decisions of weak minded voters.

There is little doubt that the Russians bought ads on Facebook. They may have also hacked the DNC, Clinton campaign servers, and interfered in other ways. The question is whether they actually swayed the opinions of a sufficient number of voters to change the election. There is very little evidence to support the latter assertion.

Somehow, we are supposed to believe that sweet, innocent, Hillary Clinton's visionary campaign was derailed by insidious Russian influence and that Trump is a secret Bolshevik (read "Manchurian") candidate. Yet, the evidence only supports a much weaker assertion of feeble attempts to interfere in the campaign. Moreover, there is no evidence that Trump was involved in any way.

In my opinion, a fair number of leftist arguments fit the motte and bailey mold.

Darrell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, william.scherk said:

Background: some speculation erupted in the Fake News that Tony Podesta would be offered immunity as a witness in the federal court proceedings against Paul Manafort -- which will kick off in Alexandria on July 31. 

The Faye Folk are up to their old Poda-Peedo twicks ...

Tony Podesta, report to the Military Tribunal, please ...

On 7/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, william.scherk said:

So I will still my speculation about Tony Podesta and a possible 'immunity' deal until the DC trial convenes  and/or Manafort and the prosecution release or file the lists of expected witnesses.

Gateway Pundit has a slightly different attitude:

Corrupt and Criminal Mueller Team Gives Tony Podesta Immunity Then Refers His Name to Southern District NY in PR Scam

William quoted: President Trump on Wednesday wasted no time at the NATO summit in airing grievances over a perceived lack of defense spending by allies, previewing what is likely to be a confrontational next couple of days in Belgium. end quote

Sounds good to me but is it time to make deficits and THE DEBT an issue too? Several times in the last weeks on the Fox Business Network, commentators are worried because it is projected that in just two more years President Trump’s deficit spending will increase the debt by a trillion dollars. Crash. Peter   

From the Miami debate in 2016.

BASH: Mr. Trump, you don't want to raise the retirement age, and you also don't want to cut benefits even for wealthier Americans. But according to the Social Security Administration, unless adjustments are made, Social Security is projected to run out of money within 20 years. So specifically, what would you do to stop that from happening?

TRUMP: Well, first of all, I want you to understand that the Democrats, and I've watched them very intensely, even though it's a very, very boring thing to watch, that the Democrats are doing nothing with Social Security. They're leaving it the way it is. In fact, they want to increase it. They want to actually give more. And that's what we're up against. And whether we like it or not, that is what we're up against.

I will do everything within my power not to touch Social Security, to leave it the way it is; to make this country rich again; to bring back our jobs; to get rid of deficits; to get rid of waste, fraud and abuse, which is rampant in this country, rampant, totally rampant.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:55 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I've already said--several time--I think that [Qanon] persona was infiltrated by God knows how many actors on all sides, so it's unreliable. Not credible anymore.

At least one person here seems convinced that Qanon is the Real Deal.  Me, I suspect that Qanon is actually Michael Scheuer.

From the Fake US Today News Network:  QAnon: The conspiracy theory explained, after Q posters spotted at Trump's Florida rally

Edited by william.scherk
Added Will Sommer tweet ... the Pizza has landed, incorrectly; added link-headline for the HATERS

It looks like Scott Adams got the attention of President Trump.

Good for Scott.

Good for President Trump.

And good for America and the world for that matter.

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It looks like Scott Adams got the attention of President Trump.

Here is Scott's reaction to his meeting. He doesn't talk about what he and POTUS talked about (saying this is a tradition), but he does describe the experience. opine on President Trump's personality and things like that.

Also, he seems as giddy as a schoolgirl who just met her favorite movie star.

I'm happy, delighted actually, for Scott.

And I bask in vicarious good vibes.

Michael

President Trump's rally appearance in Ohio yesterday ...

I saw a few blurbs from Truman's, oops I mean Trump's speech when he commented that he was sweating through his new suit but if you guys can handle it so can I. Ya know, it might be time to reset the alarm clock to 2025.  

On 6/29/2018 at 8:42 PM, Jon Letendre said:

83) #Qanon said that the left is attempting to portray Trump and Q followers as violent extremists.

That was then and this is now.

What the hell is going on?

russianDemocrat.jpg

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

William,

You mean your opinion of the Republican party according to progressive propaganda?

This was too easy since it was a retweet by Travis View himself right below the tweet you embedded.

You wouldn't be trying to be deceptive, now would you, William? And sloppy while doing it?

Hmmmmmm?

:evil:  :) 

(Why not go whole hog an alter your post now that you've been busted? :) )

Michael

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
21 hours ago, william.scherk said:

William,

You mean your opinion of the Republican party according to progressive propaganda?

Thanks for asking.  "I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat" is kind of funny, in an 'in on the joke' reflexive-irony kind of way. 

The standard-bearer for the IRBARTAD wing is the lovely and talented Steven Seagal.  He was just officially named as an envoy of humanitarian yadda yadda: 

He earlier brought peace, harmony, and humanitarianism to the tiny little wonderland of Chechnya:

27 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

... Steven Seagal.  He was just officially named as an envoy of humanitarian...

I have a screenwriting friend (almost a mentor, actually) on Facebook, Peter Russell. He is not a Trump fan, to put it politely.

He posted about Steven Seagal and his followers made usual California snark.

I said to Peter that he leans left and I lean right. Since historical consistency has gone to hell these days. I'll swap him one Putin for 2 Kochs and even take Seagal off his hands as a sweetener. Deal?

He's on his honeymoon right now, so I have to wait until he returns to see if he responds.

Michael