Donald Trump

5 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Jules, you have told me in private messages that you will grant me my wish to stop addressing me and leave me alone.

But you keep coming back, this time to insinuate I have been a victim of sexual abuse and to mock me for that victimization.

You are sick.

I am done asking you to leave me alone, it is pointless.

You have a predator’s urge to stalk and harass. Knock yourself out, piece of shit.

Yup I did, and I meant it.  I felt bad.  But then you CONTINUED to be a dick so all bets were off.

You expect to punch someone in the face, even have him apologize to you, pause for a minute and then continue to punch him in the face and NOT expect to get punched back.

You accused me of being a collectivist,  you insinuated and lumped me in with other people, continually insulted the shit out of me even after I apologized , and now you play the victim card calling me a predator...so..when you do it to other people it’s ok because “hell yeah you voted for Trump therefore you hold the high ground!”

But when it gets done back to you now you are the victim and immmmm the predator. Gotcha.

I was harassed and bullied a lot when I was a kid.  I took martial arts to solve that problem.  Never again.  So even online when bullying happens? Well I defend myself.  Surprise surprise?  And yes sometimes defence means bloody well punching back.

Your leaving because of me..grow a pair and stick around.  Just stop being a dickkkk man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Measurement omission?

William,

Here's another measurement of sorts:

RNC raises $213 million ‘fastest ever,’ 99% small donors, to spend $250 million in 2018

It's a reality thing.

Notice this does not say crony corporatists or foreign governments through front groups gave large amounts (which is what happens with mainstream Democrats). It says 99% came from small donors.

Watch this grow even faster than it has grown up to now and keep repeating "measurement omission?"

Then wait for November and scratch your head in bewilderment at what the hell happened.

:) 

btw - I think your current campaign of bashing Trump at every opportunity is perfect for my ends. Rush Limbaugh examines this effect with the more hysterical outbursts of today's media, but the process works the same even on a smaller scale with less intense manifestations like OL:

The Establishment Doesn’t Realize They’re Driving Voters to Trump

And imagine this. Reality works as it does, even if the Trump basher is a rare thing in both cyberworld and human natureworld itself, is a genuinely free mind, is a developed mature brain, conscience and soul. Is a wild thing.

Man, am I glad reality is on my side because it's awfully hard to compete against wild things of such grandiosity. Without reality, poor little me and poor little Trump would be chopped tuna.

What's worse, I don't even know how to measure that...

Michael

10 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Here's another measurement of sorts:

RNC raises $213 million ‘fastest ever,’ 99% small donors, to spend $250 million in 2018

It's a reality thing.

Notice this does not say crony corporatists or foreign governments through front groups gave large amounts (which is what happens with mainstream Democrats). It says 99% came from small donors.

Watch this grow even faster than it has grown up to now and keep repeating "measurement omission?"

Then wait for November and scratch your head in bewilderment at what the hell happened.

btw - I think your current campaign of bashing Trump at every opportunity is perfect for my ends. Rush Limbaugh examines this effect with the more hysterical outbursts of today's media, but the process works the same even on a smaller scale with less intense manifestations like OL:

The Establishment Doesn’t Realize They’re Driving Voters to Trump

And imagine this. Reality works as it does, even if the Trump basher is a rare thing in both cyberworld and human natureworld itself, is a genuinely free mind, is a developed mature brain, conscience and soul. Is a wild thing.

Man, am I glad reality is on my side because it's awfully hard to compete against wild things of such grandiosity. Without reality, poor little me and poor little Trump would be chopped tuna.

What's worse, I don't even know how to measure that...

Michael

For the record, I’m notttt anti Trump, I remain cautiously optimistic.  I have my reservations when it comes to the whole trade war/Canada relations.  Yeah yeah to make an omelette ya gotta break a few eggs..I just don’t want to be one of those unfortunate eggs..

No hacking, no meddling---OH WAIT, THERE WAS?!

Here's Trump saying it for himself now:

Trump says he accepts U.S. intelligence on Russian interference in 2016 election but denies collusion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/growing-number-in-gop-call-for-trump-to-fix-the-damage-from-helsinki-news-conference/2018/07/17/7ea15178-8902-11e8-8aea-86e88ae760d8_story.html?utm_term=.2ea68f0043d1

-

President Trump on Tuesday grudgingly sought to inch back his warm remarks about Russia and its leader during a summit in Helsinki a day earlier, saying he had misspoken when he appeared to accept President Vladi­mir Putin’s denials that Russia had interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

Initially crossing his arms in front of him, and reading haltingly from prepared remarks, the president said he accepts the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment that Russia sought to influence the election [...]

3 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

For the record, I’m notttt anti Trump...

Jules,

What does my post have to do with whether you are pro or anti Trump?

I was writing to William about going over the top with Trump criticism. TDS criticism. I think it's great when the anti-Trumpers do that because they drive voters straight into supporting President Trump and those he endorses.

Simply put, each overreaction means more votes for Republican congresspeople in November. And that means President Trump will be able to enact legislation much faster and longer term than right now (which he's already doing a good job at).

William was contesting whether this was even possible because I was speaking about increasing numbers of Trump supporters by omitting measurement (which is part of Rand's algorithm for forming concepts as given in ITOE, so I'm not sure why this would be presented like a put-down. But whatever... :) )

So I'm merely giving William, who luvs him some "muh polls," a form of measuring right now. I presume it is obvious that the spiking number of brand new small donors to the Republican Party are more likely to turn out and vote Republican than stay home and/or vote Democrat. But maybe he will want measurement for that, too, before he accepts the logic of it. Who knows? 

:evil: 

Anyway, as I mentioned several posts above, if anyone wants 100% accurate measurements, wait until November.

Oh wait... after the massacre, the Democrats will not say they drove voters away with childishness, dishonesty and hysteria. They will say they lost again because of the Russians...

I forgot...

Michael

Michael, I saw a funny meme today.

”The Democrats have not been this pissed off since Republicans freed the slaves.”

They really do not have a clue what to do, nothing they can do except bite the pillow and scream...

Btw prettty sure Trump will win a second term.

As for Bill, well he is pretty thorough and does take the time to post different points of view in anything he researches.  He isn’t a cheerleader or a fanboy, he puts a lot of time and thought into his posts.  Devils advocate? Possibly??? 

He isnt malicious, just thoughtful.  At times snarky and yes I have been on the receiving end of that special flare for his snark elevated to an art form! :)

Im sure he and I will butt heads over whatever one day, but at least he will in fact put in the time to connect the dots and present his case!

7 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

He isn’t a cheerleader or a fanboy...

Jules,

Eerrhmmmm...

Ya' had me until here.

:evil: 

Let me quote one of the most amazing things ever posted on OL. Carol is addressing William earlier today:

5 hours ago, caroljane said:

Your meditation shows again that you are that rare thing in the cyberworld, indeed in human natureworld itself, a genuinely free mind, a developed mature brain and conscience and dare I say it, soul.  Part of the wilds of the unharvested from Fox Farms,com. and Disneyliberal.getrealjobs.com.  Wild thing, I think you move me.

So maybe you're right.

Maybe he isn't a cheerleader or fanboy.

But he's definitely a wild thing. A rare thing. A mind thing. A soul thing.

A... a... a...

Words are too incomplete for the emotion...

I swoon...

Michael

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Trump says he accepts U.S. intelligence on Russian interference in 2016 election but denies collusion

Korben,

President Trump is not the only one who denies collusion. So far, the people running the Mueller investigation have denied it, too.

Anyway, the following is more for the reader since you are predisposed against President Trump. I say this because lots of people are absolutely sure the "correcting of typo" "misspoke" kind of retraction President Trump made is all the proof they need to condemn him to hell and prove once and for all he is the most evil human who ever walked the earth, and btw, impeach impeach impeach him! :) 

So this is for the reader. A comment from Rush Limbaugh yesterday:

Now, if you’re Donald Trump (and you are Donald Trump) and you are very acutely aware of this ongoing effort to destroy you, to destroy your family — and if you know this ongoing effort centers around the fact that your election is illegitimate and invalid and deserves to be overthrown because you cheated. You, Donald Trump, cheated with the Russians! You cheated with Vladimir Putin. That has been the singular drumbeat from the Washington establishment, the D.C. media, the entire political complex.

And now we’re told that Donald Trump can go ahead and — in a press conference with Vladimir Putin — he can acknowledge that the Russians meddled while at the same time be protected from any allegation that he colluded. Sorry, folks. If Donald Trump had done what they wanted him to do yesterday — if Donald Trump had done what they were trying to force him to do — if Donald Trump had acknowledged to Vladimir Putin’s face that he had meddled in the 2016 presidential election?

Before that press conference was over, the New York Times would have a headline: “Trump Validates Mueller Investigation.” “Trump Acknowledges Russians Affected Election Outcome.” “Trump Acknowledges Russia May Have Played a Role in Thwarting American Democracy.”

. . .

He cannot acknowledge that Putin meddled, because if he did — and if he ever does — then the media is going to include and write that Trump has finally acknowledged that there was tampering in the election and that his victory may now be in question and that Donald Trump knows it. That’s what they want to write. He’s not giving them a chance to write it.

. . .

Now all these people shouting, “Trump was treasonous! Trump needs to be thrown out!” Donald Trump has openly demonstrated his passionate, patriotic love for this country and his belief that it is singularly the greatest hope for humanity in the world today. He wants it rebuilt and reestablished and transformed back to this greatness. Winning the presidency against impossible-to-imagine odds was immediately challenged by the Washington establishment he beat, complete with fake dossiers, fake intelligence reports.

The intelligence community — which now he’s supposed to praise? The intelligence community which single-handedly tried to take him out, he’s now supposed praise them? The FBI and the DOJ, people in which single-handedly tried to destroy him, he’s now supposed to praise them? Donald Trump knows he won this thing as legitimately as anybody has ever won the presidency. He didn’t even raise a whole lot of money from people he now has to pay back with ideas and policy and any of that. He’s not gonna sit there and let any of these people tarnish his victory or take it away from him with an imaginary allegation that he cheated or that the Russians made it happen, when he knows they didn’t and nobody but him won this.

This is entirely rational and understandable to me.

My father, who grew up in the coal mining mountains of southeastern Virginia, used to tell me about two big muscular bullies who went around asking a guy, when they could catch one alone: "Are you a Republican or a Democrat?" They would ask this in a menacing tone. The guy would gulp and ask them what they were. One would say, "Republican," and the other would say, "Democrat."

In other words, the guy was going to be beat up no matter what he said.

This is exactly how the fake news media treats President Trump. (Of course, they go into shit fits because they try to beat him up in every way possible and it never works. :) )

As to the probably headlines Rush mentioned, they are almost happening merely because President Trump corrected a blooper. So I think President Trump should not have even said he misspoke. 

Apropos of nothing relevant except tangentially, Mueller is now trying to get immunity for 5 witnesses in the Manafort investigation. I wonder if one of those is Tony Podesta... 

That would not surprise me at all. But if this happens, it sure would piss off a lot of the wrong people for the flawed investigation Mueller is running...

So I almost hope it happens.

Michael

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

Ermmm Didn’t Putin/Russia pay the Clintons 500k?   I’m pretty sure he didn’t want Trump to win...

Jules,

That was just for one speech.

Russia paid the Clintons many, many millions more.

Hillary, while Secretary of State, managed to funnel 20% of US uranium to Russia, too. Everybody in that deal made out like bandits. Especially the Clintons.

It was through front companies, of course, but the paper trail was discovered by Peter Schweizer, who rented the downtime (night) of a monster computer to crawl the dark web. He presented his results in a book and documentary called Clinton Cash. The proof was too much for her to deny and convince.

Michael

I got this in my email.

From Trump / Pence. Peter, I will be selecting one patriotic American -- and a friend of your choice -- to join me as VIP behind-the-scenes guests at my next MASSIVE rally. The swamp is crawling with special interests who think you’re “deplorable.” Our rallies are packed with hardworking patriots who have a simple wish to put America First!  That’s why I want you to enter for the chance to be my VIP guest. If you win, I will fly you out, pay for your stay, and we can even take a picture together.

Contribute as little as $1 and be automatically entered to win. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Jon Letendre said:

I’m glad you feel good yourself, but do try to stay on-track, Jules.

I called out atrocious racial collectivist bullshit from Carol.

The site owner, from whom I have received most of my points, (which you have few of) immediately got my point, agreed and expanded. 

Your response was to tell me to go to my bunker.

And now you declare it all picking on Carol.

Your commitment to right in the right and wrong wars is in question, Jules, and neither your balance sheet nor income disclosures will fix I for you. You have a character problem, not a physical or financial one, but that was clever evasion.

You invite me to Canada for a physical altercation, then whine like a little bitch that you then get called a thug. But you plainly really are a dumb little thug bitch. If you don’t like it, change it.

I remember discussions about how it had to be an “objectivist position” that property can be treated however the owner wants, even if the property is an animal. I disagree. And I had to read Rand’s explanation twice, that coercion was a version of *force.* But of course, she was right. Coercion is *force.* Harassment, in person, on the phone or online, is *force.* Smoking and forcing others to breath your smoke is *force.* A pregnant women harming her unborn child by ingesting substances is *force*. Using someone as “insurance” or as a hostage is *force.*  

Although it seems somewhat trivial *teasing* is force. Just ask any kid and the teachers who enforce the school policy to not tease.

Peter

From: "WILLIAM  DWYER" To: <Atlantis Subject: ATL: Re: Roll Call (i.e., definition of force) Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:32:38 -0700

Joe Duarte asked, [D]oes anyone have a good definition of force? The non-initiation of force principle is key to the objectivist ethics and politics. I'd like to know exactly what we mean by force. I heard that Kelley defined it in one of his works - does anyone know which one? I can't find it.

Joe, I don't know about Kelley's definition, but "force" in a libertarian/Objectivist context refers to the negation of a person's will or choice; it means compulsion.  In this sense, two people engaged in the sport of boxing or wrestling are not using "force" against either; since their participation is voluntary.

The ~initiation~ of force, for an Objectivist or a libertarian, is gaining a value from its owner without his or her consent, which is why fraud is a form of force. Thus, the initiation of force presupposes the concept of property rights, which is a point that Kelley has made.  For example, if I physically remove you from a particular place against your will, I have used "force" against you.  But I have not ~initiated~ force against you if the place is my property and you are occupying it against my will.  Thus, in order to determine whether or not an act of force qualifies as the ~initiation~ of force, one needs to have a prior understanding of the property relations obtaining between the two parties involved in its exercise.

For whatever it's worth, Peikoff defines "physical force" as "coercion exercised by ~physical~ agency, [e.g.,] by punching a man in the face, incarcerating him, shooting him, or seizing his property."  So what, then, do we mean by "coercion"?  My dictionary defines "coerce" as "to restrain or dominate by nullifying individual will," which comports with my earlier definition of "force". Peikoff also defines the ~initiation~ of physical force as "~starting~ the use of force against an innocent individual(s), one who has not himself started its use against others." [OPAR, 310]

My dictionary also lists several synonyms of "force" and makes some interesting distinctions, e.g., "compel, coerce, constrain..."  "Coerce comes closest to what Objectivism means by "physical force".  Accordingly, "coerce suggests overcoming resistance or unwillingness by actual or threatened violence or pressure."

I hope this helps.  It is the best I could do off the top. Bill

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I got this in my email.

From Trump / Pence. Peter, I will be selecting one patriotic American -- and a friend of your choice -- to join me as VIP behind-the-scenes guests at my next MASSIVE rally. The swamp is crawling with special interests who think you’re “deplorable.” Our rallies are packed with hardworking patriots who have a simple wish to put America First!  That’s why I want you to enter for the chance to be my VIP guest. If you win, I will fly you out, pay for your stay, and we can even take a picture together.

Contribute as little as $1 and be automatically entered to win. 

You can even take a picture..with HIM?    There must be a catch.  This seems too good to be true - you can't get a pure gold nugget for the price of an orange Cheeto. Better check this offer's premises carefully.

20 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

Yup I did, and I meant it.  I felt bad.  But then you CONTINUED to be a dick so all bets were off.

You expect to punch someone in the face, even have him apologize to you, pause for a minute and then continue to punch him in the face and NOT expect to get punched back.

You accused me of being a collectivist,  you insinuated and lumped me in with other people, continually insulted the shit out of me even after I apologized , and now you play the victim card calling me a predator...so..when you do it to other people it’s ok because “hell yeah you voted for Trump therefore you hold the high ground!”

But when it gets done back to you now you are the victim and immmmm the predator. Gotcha.

I was harassed and bullied a lot when I was a kid.  I took martial arts to solve that problem.  Never again.  So even online when bullying happens? Well I defend myself.  Surprise surprise?  And yes sometimes defence means bloody well punching back.

Your leaving because of me..grow a pair and stick around.  Just stop being a dickkkk man.

I cannot say I will miss him, as I thought he was an unbalanced individual, who was unbalancing the forum , myself certainly included.  I did not think he could effectively support his passionately held beliefs or his chosen president by participating here, and will find a better method.

Maybe he went on a trip to Helsinki in a handbasket with other...  idealistic patriots.

Idealists used to be called dreamers, but apparently that has gone out of fashion.

If you read the press these days, it has been full of headlines that President Trump finally accepted that Russians hacked the US elections.

Finally...

After all this time...

Finally...

However...

Oopsie woopsie...

Michael

On 7/18/2018 at 2:49 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Apropos of nothing relevant except tangentially, Mueller is now trying to get immunity for 5 witnesses in the Manafort investigation. I wonder if one of those is Tony Podesta... 

That would not surprise me at all. But if this happens, it sure would piss off a lot of the wrong people for the flawed investigation Mueller is running...

So I almost hope it happens.

There it is.

Looks like I got my wish.

History is going to look back on the Mueller investigations as part of the dying gasps the of Clintons.

Even so, this move is really pathetic.

Expect a backlash.

Michael

https://www.justice.gov/psc/press-room

July 17, 2018

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Northern District of New York

Binghamton Man Sentenced to Serve More Than 17 Years for Downloading Child Pornography

Defendant was Already a Registered Sex Offender from a Previous Conviction in Vermont 

BINGHAMTON, NEW YORK - Reid L. Babcock, age 48, of Binghamton, was sentenced today to serve 17 and ½ years in prison and a life term of supervised release for his previously entered guilty plea to receiving and downloading child pornography images from the internet

U.S. Attorney’s Office
Western District of Washington

Registered Sex Offender Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Receipt and Possession of Images of Child Rape

Defendant Preyed on Young California Teen, Inducing her to send Images over Internet

A registered sex offender with prior convictions for raping a 12-year-old girl he met via the internet, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle to 20 years in prison for two federal felonies involving his receipt and possession of images of child pornography, announced U.S. Attorney Annette L. Hayes.  RICHARD DAVID BLICK, 65, formerly of Edmonds, Washington was indicted in September 2017, following an investigation by the King County Sheriff’s Office and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).  BLICK was convicted in March 2018 following a two-day trial.  U.S. District Judge John C. Coughenour ordered BLICK to be supervised by federal probation for the rest of his life following the prison sentence.

“Despite incarceration, treatment, supervision, and sex offender registration, this defendant remains a predator, using the internet to seek out children that he can exploit,” said U.S. Attorney Annette L. Hayes.  “He has proved time and again that he poses an ongoing and substantial threat to community safety.  As a result, this long prison sentence is the only way to protect our kids from his crimes.”

U.S. Attorney’s Office
Northern District of Florida

Child Pornographer Sentenced to 27 Years in Federal Prison after Pensacola Jury Convicts

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA – Nicholas E. Fogarty, 36, of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, was sentenced to 27 years in federal prison today, after being convicted on March 13 of advertisement of child pornography and distribution of child pornography.

U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Maryland

Substitute Teacher Sentenced To 35 Years In Federal Prison For Production Of Child Pornography

Created Images Documenting His Sexual Abuse of Minors, and Posing as a Minor Online, Requested Minors to Create and Send Him Sexually Explicit Photos of Themselves Via Social Media

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                          Contact MARCIA MURPHY

www.justice.gov/usao/md                                                     at (410) 209-4854

Greenbelt, Maryland – U.S. District Judge Paul W. Grimm sentenced Christopher Harris Speights, age 35, of Capitol Heights, Maryland, today to 35 years in prison, followed by lifetime supervised release for production of child pornography, and production and attempted production of child pornography.

• Like 1

“In what may be the biggest fail of the year, Facebook, the social media network that just released an app for children under 13, asked users if they think it’s OK for a male pedophile to request sexual pictures from a 14-year-old girl.

The shocking question was asked in a survey sent to users about how the company should respond to certain behavior. This is the full question as it appeared in the survey:

“There are a wide range of topics and behaviours that appear on Facebook. In thinking about an ideal world where you could set Facebook’s policies, how would you handle the following: a private message in which an adult man asks a 14-year-old girl for sexual pictures.”

Participants could then correctly respond with “This content should not be allowed on Facebook, and no one should be able to see it” or choose three other very wrong options: “This content should be allowed on Facebook, and I would not mind seeing it,” “I have no preference on topic,” or “This content should be allowed on Facebook, and I would not mind seeing it.”

That’s not all. A follow-up question asked users who should be responsible for this decision: Facebook, external experts, or users. The correct option: the law, was not listed.”

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/facebook-pedophile-survey/

• Like 1

“Senate Republicans broke a record on Wednesday for the number of appeals court judges confirmed during a president's first two years. 

Senators voted 50-49 on Andrew Oldham's nomination to be a judge on the 5th Circuit, making him Trump's 23rd circuit court judge confirmed since he took office last year.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/397754-senate-gop-breaks-record-on-confirming-trump-picks-for-key-court