Donald Trump

Here is the smart "bimbo" who is introducing Trump in Iowa today...

Growing controversy around Donald Trump
(Ann Coulter interviewed on O'Reilly Factor.)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/exclusive-ann-coulter-to-introduce-donald-trump-in-iowa/

Coulter will be signing copies of her book at a Trump campaign rally in Dubuque, Iowa, at 4:30 p.m. CT and will be speaking before Trump in front of an expected crowd of 1,600.

If only the President was elected 14 months before the election , then maybe he would win .

Then again , if the election was next week ...Trump would have already been a distant memory as the race will be Bush/Clinton ( again ....... how freaking boring ) .

Before Trump exits the race , I wonder how many people will refer to him as the second coming .

Great businessman , great author , great media manipulator ( in a good sense - giving him props here ! ) , great guy ......

The race though is for the convention and that just ain't gonna happen .

The following quote from our amazing leader : (Believe it or not, there is a Republican around-the-clock anti-Trump war-room.), actually is the reason why he has zero shot .

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/25/exclusive-ann-coulter-to-introduce-donald-trump-in-iowa/

Adam,

Sorry I replaced your video, but I couldn't get that damn autoplay to disable.

I found a different link and used that one. No embed, though. And for the record, it's from Aug. 10.

Michael

If only the President was elected 14 months before the election , then maybe he would win .

Ah, sweet day...

The crack in the dam widens.

Before it was no chance in hell, period.

:smile:

Before Trump exits the race ,  I wonder how many people will refer to him as the second coming .

Shall we start with Howard Stern today?

From the sound of Howard's interaction with Trump, his positive opinion of Trump will influence a good hunk of his audience to get on the Trump bandwagon.

Notice how Trump played it, too.

He asked Howard to call him out if he slacks off like other politicians once he gets in office.

Howard and his sidekick agreed!

Happily!

:smile:

Michael

marc wrote: (Believe it or not, there is a Republican around-the-clock anti-Trump war-room.), actually is the reason why he has zero shot.
end quote

That’s an interesting point. I don’t doubt there is a RINO insurgency plotting against anyone who is not LIKE THEM but there are still those American heroes, The Kochs, Trump’s billions, the donations and support of ordinary Americans, The Tea Party, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and the anger of my segment of the electorate.

Would Ayn Rand support a somewhat unknown person with some dubious views. Hell yes. Dewey for one and I think she would have supported Reagan.

Who said the following?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents "interests, " I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.
Barry Goldwater.

And Peter Taylor, second signatory.

Rand called herself a radical for Capitalism. She raised a lot of hell. I can imagine her saying, Trump might just be the chili powder American politics needs.

Mike,

Rand's campaign is not doing so well.

When he focuses on this stuff as if it were news, but everybody already knows about it, he loses the image of being a leader.

He should at least spin this stuff with a new angle or something.

To normal people going about their jobs, the same old sounds exactly like the same old. And the person who harps on the same old sounds to busy people like he himself is the same old.

I like Rand, but he's lost his way. He's got to get back to his "vision thing" (as Bush senior snarked right before he lost his reelection).

People want a vision, not a whiner.

Notice that Carly doesn't have this taint even as she attacks Trump.

Why?

Because she gives her energy to her vision and her personal attacks are secondary.

Look at Trump himself. He gives 80-90% energy on his vision. The rest is for attacking individuals.

But every time Rand's name comes up, it's to say the same damn thing about Trump. Since he refuses to learn Rhetoric 101, his decreasing ratings are earned.

Michael

The issue will not go away when Rand Paul goes away. It has to be addressed. Trump's actions speak for themselves. "For the people" to the left means welfare state, for libertarians means personal freedom and property rights. "Make America Great Again" could mean anything, replace 'America' with 'Russia' and it could be Putin speaking. I believe Trump's popularity for the moment is a backlash against the cowardice of buckling under to political correct speech by virtually everyone left and right and the middle for the past couple of decades. People have been watching everyone talk around everything without saying anything. Watching it they say "fuck you chickenshit assholes" under their breath. Trump's saying it out loud, the countries letting out a sigh of relief. This could really backfire you know. If under closer scrutiny Trump's character doesn't turn out to be a pristine as you evidently believe it is now. I don't like the bragging about buying politicians and I don't buy the 'everyone's does it to get things done' argument. I don't like eminent domain, it is theft, Trump has no problem with it. It is a character issue. I'd like him to speak out about things like this and name his principles else I will have a very difficult time supporting him if he becomes the nominee on the right.

Would Ayn Rand support a somewhat unknown person with some dubious views. Hell yes. Dewey for one and I think she would have supported Reagan.

She didn't support Reagan. See Presidential Elections – Ayn Rand 1932 to 1980.

The idea of her supporting Reagan is a joke. What's the reference for Dewey? It's not in the link. She thought Eisenhower was "evil"? I think she too easily used the word there and elsewhere.

--Brant

Mike,

If all you know about Donald Trump is what you see in the mainstream news and libertarian think-tank outlets, you are going to get a hugely distorted view of him.

There's a reason small-government people like Levin, Palin, Hannity, me :) , and so on are attracted to him, even with the couple of eminent domain slips. If you want to learn about his character, I highly suggest you read one of his books, especially The Art of the Deal. He tells you clearly what he's been up against and why he did what he did in a lot of different big projects.

Believe me, small government people like the ones I mentioned are not so stupid they are suddenly dazzled by a dictator just because he says some words they want to hear. They know who Trump is and what he has done.

Libertarian intellectualoids like Jeffrey Tucker (hugely anti-Trump), who deduce reality from principles, basically argue from a gotcha position. If gotcha is your thing, Trump definitely is not a 100% consistent idealogue. (He sure surrounds himself with some impressive conservative and libertarian people, though.)

But I dare you to submit any other politician to the gotcha criteria. Find a 100% consistent candidate who is immune to gotcha if you can. Not even Carly lives up. Not Ted Cruz. Not one will pass the smell test.

What's more, if you want to know the truth, the "words not deeds" behavior is more Rand Paul's area. For example, he ran on an anti-amnesty platform, then wimped out supporting Rubio's amnesty plan. Even today, he does doublespeak about amnesty. See here for instance. How many times do conservatives and libertarians have to go through that kind of language--and elect people who speak like that--before they see it always ends in the same mess?

It never gets better. It only gets worse.

Meanwhile, out here in O-Land, we pretend Rand Paul is some kind of superior politician because he is allegedly moral.

I like him, but I see what I see.

Michael

Ich bin ein Berliner. John F. Kennedy.

Mark referenced the following about Ayn Rand. 1980 • Ronald Reagan vs. Jimmy Carter.
. . . . Several years before, in her 1976 Ford Hall Forum talk and later pamphlet essay (so far unanthologized) “The Moral Factor,” she said she was “profoundly opposed to Mr. Ronald Reagan” and one reason was his attitude toward the Soviet Union: “to exaggerate the power of the most incompetent nation in the world is not a patriotic service to the United States, just as fear is not the proper motive to invoke in order to inspire Americans.”
end quote

Brant agreed when he wrote: The idea of her supporting Reagan is a joke.
end quote

It’s not a joke at all. To paraphrase MSK, Reagan and Trump are definitely not 100% consistent ideologues . . . . Reagan was the right man in the right place to see the dissolution of the Soviet Empire. Rand was wrong.
Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

I agree that Reagan should have done more to lessen the deficit, but Rand was as wrong about Reagan as she was about Barbara Branden.
Peter Taylor

All of the following quotes are from President Ronald Reagan.
“Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.”
“One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.”
“Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.”
“I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.”
“We don't have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven't taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much”
“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
“Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.”
“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
“Today, if you invent a better mousetrap, the government comes along with a better mouse.”
“Man is not free unless government is limited.”
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction”
“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.”
“They say hard work never hurt anybody, but I figure why take the chance
“Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.”
“We need you, we need your youth, your strength, and your idealism, to help us make right what is wrong.”
“Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known.”
“Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith.”
“These young Americans sent a message to terrorists everywhere. . . . You can run but you can't hide.”
“Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.”
“When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
“To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last -- but eat you he will.”
“There are no easy answers' but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.”
“Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.”
I know it's hard when you're up to your armpits in alligators to remember you came here to drain the swamp. (February 10, 1982)”
“There are no such things as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder”
“There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.”

From The Ayn Rand Playboy interview:
PLAYBOY: What about force in foreign policy? You have said that any free nation had the right to invade Nazi Germany during World War II.
RAND: Certainly.
PLAYBOY: . . . And that any free nation today has the moral right -- though not the duty -- to invade Soviet Russia, Cuba, or any other "slave pen." Correct?
RAND: Correct. A dictatorship -- a country that violates the rights of its own citizens -- is an outlaw and can claim no rights.

Brant wrote: Rand Paul has no chance with that hair.
end quote

I had not thought of it Brant but none of the candidates are bald. Rand’s hair is perfect for the President . . . of Scotland. Aye, Laddy, I will support your free trade bill. Why don’t we adjoin this meeting and then restart it with sum Cock a Leekie Soup, barbeque "Howtowdie" wings, and then a nice Angus steak? And after dinner we’ll have more than a wee drop of Drambuie.

Why root for a candidate if they are not ideologically pure? Because life is real. Do you want the best of the two candidates to be President? I hope so. There are bad people out there who think we are a paper tiger or even worse, The Great Satan.

Imagine Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, reading to first graders in Florida in 2001. Suddenly, an aide comes forward about an airliner deliberately crashing into one of the twin towers. And then, another crashes. I can imagine Governor Huckabee going to pieces, calling for a group prayer, wailing and gnashing his teeth, “Oh, Lord! Smite the heathen!” more prayer to find out what to do, scaring the shit out of the kids, and then he rushes off to DC.
No thanks, Mike.

So, why root for any candidate? Why be hurt and disillusioned one more time as the elected reformer reverts to politics as usual, to some degree? I also support political candidates because I find it personally stimulating to get involved. I think that is a reason many are supporting Trump. The speed at which a President can change things is so much quicker than slowly changing the philosophical foundations of a society as Ayn Rand hoped to do. I remember that when Reagan and Dubya Bush came to power, they immediately slashed and repealed a host of prior presidential orders.

What has amazed me about another Philosophical Movement, The Tea Parties, is how quickly it could change our nation’s direction. We can wait a century, for more generations of teenagers to absorb and be inspired by “Atlas Shrugged,” or we can wait until 2016 to elect a knight on a white horse. I choose the shorter time frame, even if I am later disappointed.

So why specifically support Trump? If he is the most conservative, most libertarian, most free market, most electable candidate I will support him. IF Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio gets the nomination I will support them. But come on! Trump v. Clinton? TRUMP. Trump v. Sanders? TRUMP. Trump v. Biden? TRUMP. I will express my ideal wishes in the primary but when it comes to the general election I will hold my nose and vote for McCain over Obama.

It’s midnight at the oasis here on the East Coast. Get those camels to bed. And so to sleep.
Semper cogitans fidele,
Peter Taylor

Adam,

Sorry I replaced your video, but I couldn't get that damn autoplay to disable.

I found a different link and used that one. No embed, though. And for the record, it's from Aug. 10.

Adam,

Well here Ann Coulter is introducing Trump in Iowa:

Michael

For those interested in the sidelines:

Rick Perry adviser joins Donald Trump campaign
By Katie Glueck
8/25/15
Politico

From the article:

Sam Clovis, the prominent conservative Iowa operative who departed Rick Perry’s campaign this week, is heading to Donald Trump’s camp to serve as his national co-chairman and policy adviser.

Ah... the savory aroma of roasting crow...

:)

Michael

Mike,

If all you know about Donald Trump is what you see in the mainstream news and libertarian think-tank outlets, you are going to get a hugely distorted view of him.

There's a reason small-government people like Levin, Palin, Hannity, me :smile: , and so on are attracted to him, even with the couple of eminent domain slips. If you want to learn about his character, I highly suggest you read one of his books, especially The Art of the Deal. He tells you clearly what he's been up against and why he did what he did in a lot of different big projects.

Believe me, small government people like the ones I mentioned are not so stupid they are suddenly dazzled by a dictator just because he says some words they want to hear. They know who Trump is and what he has done.

Libertarian intellectualoids like Jeffrey Tucker (hugely anti-Trump), who deduce reality from principles, basically argue from a gotcha position. If gotcha is your thing, Trump definitely is not a 100% consistent idealogue. (He sure surrounds himself with some impressive conservative and libertarian people, though.)

But I dare you to submit any other politician to the gotcha criteria. Find a 100% consistent candidate who is immune to gotcha if you can. Not even Carly lives up. Not Ted Cruz. Not one will pass the smell test.

What's more, if you want to know the truth, the "words not deeds" behavior is more Rand Paul's area. For example, he ran on an anti-amnesty platform, then wimped out supporting Rubio's amnesty plan. Even today, he does doublespeak about amnesty. See here for instance. How many times do conservatives and libertarians have to go through that kind of language--and elect people who speak like that--before they see it always ends in the same mess?

It never gets better. It only gets worse.

Meanwhile, out here in O-Land, we pretend Rand Paul is some kind of superior politician because he is allegedly moral.

I like him, but I see what I see.

Michael

Okay, I have the Kindle version and will read it. Interesting, my Firefox browser locked up when I went to the Trump "Art of the deal" page. Did it several times. I don't usually have any problems with Firefox and Amazon at all. Chrome worked okay, so I got the book.

I will try to be as open minded as this guy.

Sam Clovis, the prominent conservative Iowa operative who departed Rick Perry’s campaign this week, is heading to Donald Trump’s camp to serve as his national co-chairman and policy adviser.

He looks like a creep, says creepy things, has a creepy background:
(I got the word “creep” from a teenager. It’s an inarticulate all purpose negative.)
Clovis’s entire career is big government oriented and he’s been getting a fat government check for a good part of it. He tries to fool you with “private sector” but in fact he’s a war profiteer.
“... earned an MBA from Golden Gate University and studied at Georgetown University in the National Security program. ... doctorate in public administration from the University of Alabama and then entered the field of higher education. He has taught at various other institutions including Iowa State University in the Masters of Public Administration program.
“Upon his retirement from the Air Force, Dr. Clovis entered the private sector ... . ... Logicon Corporation, providing leadership to a wide array of capabilities including human factors engineering, Wargaming for the United States Air Force and technology applications for defense industry clients. .. Associate with Booz Allen and Hamilton [99% of its revenue comes from the feds] ..., Northrop Grumman ... Homeland Security Institute, a DC-based think-tank.”
I’m disappointed in Trump about this.

Yeah, Trump really needs to only employ and seek out the help of the purist virgins to engage Evita, O'bama, Warren and Biden...

Anyone with a mutual fund is a war profiteer.

Sticks and stones ...

Trump cannot be damaged by negative attacks.

A...

That’s a typical straw man argument. Did I criticize Clovis for not being perfectly pure? Nope. However the man is a political hack who knows how to lap up the gravy.

My purpose is simply to see things as they are. Trump made a stupid choice. It makes him look like the other candidates and I don't want him to be like them.

ADDED:

Clovis is not just temporary for Iowa. Trump made him the national co-chairman of his campaign.

If Trump wins he likely will reward Clovis with a political appointment.

Edited by Mark

Thanks for the vid of Ann Coulter describing The Great Wall of Trump tourist attraction with a two drink minimum and the possibility of drone strikes on invaders as everyone watches. Devastatingly off key, but funny.

Now to the predictions. Sorry, I will have to count on my fingers and toes. Less than 6 months until primaries one, two and three and Trump is overwhelmingly ahead there.

6 months and a few days?? until Super Tuesday March 1, 2016: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado caucuses, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota caucuses, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia. Those are proportional votes which means lesser candidates will still be in the race.

But after March 1st a lot of *winner take all* contests are held. I think a lot of us want to be entertained with an undecided, carnival - like convention. OK. Trump makes a stupid remark like he almost blurted out when he was confronted by the Univision reporter. That will keep the convention from being a sure thing.

After his wins on Super Tuesday, Donald Trump goes on Megyn Kelley’s show and says:
Adam said Trump cannot be damaged by negative attacks. I agree. You effing wet backs, with criminal records? I’m coming to get your sorry asses on day one of my Presidency! And, you hedge fund guys who contributed to Jeb Bush? And by the way, all my contributions are under a hundred bucks. I’m taking over the ship of state, so you pirates will be out of a job. I am stopping all trade with China and I nullify all our debt owed to Chinese nationals. Eff you.

I will finance all government through a national lottery and fees for services rendered. The great economist, Ninth Doctor in O’land wrote: So now how about this, combine Rand’s lottery idea with the Hamburg honor system. You pay in your share anonymously, calculated I’m not sure how (note that Hamburg’s 25% of property is a very high figure, particularly for an investor). You get a numbered ticket, like a raffle ticket, so it’s anonymous until you come forward. There’s a drawing, and some number of people get their taxes refunded double and maybe a few hit the jackpot (pick a figure in excess of a large number). Then, in order to collect, you have to substantiate the amount of tax you paid.
end quote

Get it you losers? I will be the people’s President. No new taxes!

After his rant Trump loses the winner take all states shows up at the Republican convention with a different bimbo on his arm, and is shown slapping her in an elevator . . . how could things go so wrong?