Donald Trump

This entire thread has been so brilliant . Like it is what it is . 

MSK , did what no one on Earth did . No one , not even Trump . Not even President Trump called it as well as MSK did , and thats the quintessential truth , Ruth .

I mean when Cruz won that first state , and everyone was shocked ( even Trump ) . But the MSK was there , at the beginning , the middle and the end .

Praise God , 

Michael Stuart Kelly 

You stand alone , oh great one . 

MSK did call it.  After I saw the BREXIT vote I went along with MSK's thinking on the matter.  Hillary did get more of the popular vote than Trump,  but the heart land was with Trump as MSK  suggested.  

My main point of divergence with MSK  is that I think Trump will cause some breakage and malfunction in government (over and above the usual dysfunction). I think Trump's election will do some harm, even to the people who voted for Trump.  I voted for Trump because I saw him as a political IED.  I voted for him to cause breakage.  MSK seems to think the election of Trump will produce an overall benefit.  That is possible but I am not so optimistic about the matter.

We shall see.  

11 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

MSK did call it.  After I saw the BREXIT vote I went along with MSK's thinking on the matter.  Hillary did get more of the popular vote than Trump,  but the heart land was with Trump as MSK  suggested.  

My main point of divergence with MSK  is that I think MSK will cause some breakage and malfunction in government (over and above the usual dysfunction). I think Trump's election will do some harm, even to the people who voted for Trump.  I voted for Trump because I saw him as a political IED.  I voted for him to cause breakage.  MSK seems to think the election of Trump will produce an overall benefit.  That is possible but I am not so optimistic about the matter.

We shall see.  

Really well said ,thank you .

I think that President Trump is John Galt , That the United States is going to become Galts Gulch , and I believe that President Trump knows the story of Atlas Shrugged ! 

Breakage , yeah - he is gonna do that no doubt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Its funny but ole MSK just told us how E=MC2 and told us when it would happen , now the theme is " yeah. but you aint right , here " lollllll

Its all good bruh , I am an old school stockbroker , we said " you're only as good as your last ticket " , and " what have you done for me lately ? " . MSK , can ride 10 generations off this , up to only today !!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

I think that President Trump is John Galt , That the United States is going to become Galts Gulch , and I believe that President Trump knows the story of Atlas Shrugged ! 

That would be good for America if Trump was like John Galt and the US became like Galt's Gulch... 

...but I didn't wait around for someone else to come along to do it for me.

I'm already there. nodder.gif

Greg

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, Brant Gaede said:

Public debt de facto doesn't exist. It only exists de jure. Private debt is another matter.

Indebetted private citizens are wholly responsible for voting to create an indebtted government "in their own image and likeness".

It is a literal manifestation of their own personal fiscal and moral irresponsibility.

Greg

1 hour ago, moralist said:

That would be good for America if Trump was like John Galt and the US became like Galt's Gulch... 

...but I didn't wait around for someone else to come along to do it for me.

I'm already there. nodder.gif

Greg

Wow . you just became my second fav poster on the board ! 

Seriously , I love how you wrote that , God bless !!!!!

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Wow . you just became my second fav poster on the board ! 

Seriously , I love how you wrote that , God bless !!!!!

Thanks Marc... all the credit belongs to Ayn Rand for inspiring me to build my own Galt's Gulch.

Greg

Wow...

Look at that...

Facebook is covertly adding restrictions to posts it doesn't like. This blocked post above is still up. Here is the address. 

And here is the article contained in the post:

BREAKING: Sanctuary Cities Officially Crumble Under Trump Threats
By Brittany Soares 
February 11, 2017
The Federalist Papers Project

There is nothing in this to warrant Facebook's action other than political bias.

The comment the lady (Ann Warren) said is:

Money talks Bullsh*t walks

People who make their main audience or main business on Facebook, or any other single social media site for that matter, beware. It's not your property, but the property of someone who might not like you over time. Or someone who goes crazy. Or someone who becomes a competitor of you. Or even someone who goes out of business.

The solution to getting around this danger in using social media is to use a lot of different platforms and programs. And always point your posts to a site you do control.

Michael

Ba’al wrote: MSK did call it.  After I saw the BREXIT vote I went along with MSK's thinking on the matter.  Hillary did get more of the popular vote than Trump, but the heart land was with Trump as MSK suggested. end quote   

I still like that factoid that if you subtract New York City’s and Los Angeles County’s popular votes then Trump wins the national, popular vote. Wake up America! How do you get your reality? If you listen and are swayed by propaganda you are not fully human. You are being “damaged.” Stop listening to the “spin” about what has happened at the White House. Read President Trump’s tweets and his words when speaking. Think about it and then compare it to the “spin.” It would also be nice if President Trump would expand his “fire side chats” and keep an archive of his words and take questions from his audience.

In the preface to “How We Know,” Harry Binswanger writes: Mankind has existed for 400,000 years but 395,000 of those years were consumed by the Stone Age. The factor that freed men from endless toil and early death, the root cause of the elevated level of existence we now take for granted, is one precious value: *knowledge.* The painfully acquired knowledge of how to master nature, how to organize social existence, and how to understand himself is what enabled man to rise from the cave to the skyscraper, from warring clans to a global economy, from an average lifespan of less than 30 years to one approaching 80. end quote

We have knowledge of all our Presidents and the paths America has taken. We have known peace and prosperity. We have had times of war that “seemed to” tear our nation apart as during the Vietnam War. And that army of left wing warriors still exists. They can be mobilized by the propaganda media at any time. What will Trump do? What can you do? Be ready to lend a hand and your voice.

Peter

Ayn Rand wrote in “A Nation’s Unity,” from The Ayn Rand Letter, II, 2, 3: Individual rights is the only proper principle of human coexistence, because it rests on man’s nature, i.e., the nature and requirements of a conceptual consciousness. Man gains enormous values from dealing with other men; living in a human society is his proper way of life—but only on certain conditions. Man is not a lone wolf and he is not a social animal. He is a contractual animal. He has to plan his life long-range, make his own choices, and deal with other men by voluntary agreement (and he has to be able to rely on their observance of the agreements they entered).

end quote

marc sarcastically wrote: I think that President Trump is John Galt, That the United States is going to become Galts Gulch , and I believe that President Trump knows the story of Atlas Shrugged! end quote

Trump is our President and he has a contract with us, whether we voted for him or not. So, after 21 days in office, don’t fall for the MSN, Yahoo, Internet, Saturday Night Live, Lame Stream Media version of reality. Will Trump lower taxes, keep us out of ground wars, legitimize free trade, decrease the deficit, decrease regulations and thereby secure prosperity? The facts are very promising. He will. If freedom continues to expand in America, we will proper. Don’t let a left wing “revolution” slow prosperity and freedom. Trump can be the best President America has ever had. So, yes marc, Trump can be an Objectivist’s President.

Peter 

Cable news reported today that Russia is willing to send Snowden to the US.

Two stories circulated about Flynn being fired from DIA.

http://observer.com/2016/07/military-guys-make-bad-running-mates/ "After two years under Flynn, DIA employees had enough and were in more-or-less open revolt. The final straw came with a bizarre presentation to the workforce by a staffer which encouraged women to not be “Plain Jane” and wear makeup at work: “No flats…Paint your nails…Brunettes have more leeway with vibrant colors than blondes or redheads.” Although Flynn apologized to his agency, the damage was done."  and 

"General Flynn has worn his firing from DIA as a badge of honor, claiming the White House canned him because he demanded that the truth be told about the rise of Islamic State."

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/

"What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

None of this has happened in Washington before. A White House with unsettling links to Moscow wasn’t something anybody in the Pentagon or the Intelligence Community even considered a possibility until a few months ago. Until Team Trump clarifies its strange relationship with the Kremlin, and starts working on its professional honesty, the IC will approach the administration with caution and concern."

turkeyfoot wrote: Cable news reported today that Russia is willing to send Snowden to the US. Two stories circulated about Flynn being fired from DIA. end quote

When I first heard that Flynn was talking to Russia before the inauguration I said good for him and I still do not see much of a problem.

Snowden? We got some “BAAAD MEN” in government as Ali might say but look WHO Snowden went to and who he gave the info to: China and Russia.

From the U.S. Constitution, Section 3: Treason. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted. end quote

So do the facts that Snowden expose exonerate him? It is a can of worms.   

Back to President Trump. Evidence, evidence, evidence. Logic, justice, and rights. Rational, intellectual argument. Lower taxes. No enslavement to a “global government” or to phony environmental issues. More personal and economic freedom. Fewer regulations. Laissez-faire, ‘designed” prosperity. Insistence on America First. Destruction of the terrorists. Open your eyes. There may be no Santa Claus but there is an American Ideal and Trump is moving in the right direction.

Peter

We need the intellectuals, not just the grass roots in the Tea Party. Tracinski is no fan of Trump and I may think he is blinded in a way by his emotions, but the following quote is worth reexamining.  Robert Tracinski wrote nearly a year ago, March 21, 2016: . . . The Constitution is an anti-populist document designed to thwart "the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority." That phrase is from The Federalist No. 10, in which James Madison defended the Constitution by explaining how it could make liberty more secure in a large republic than in a small one. The advocates of small republics were the Anti-Federalists, who wanted to keep virtually all government power on the state level. Madison argued, however, that the larger scope of the federal government would encompass a greater diversity of interests and passions, which would cause any one faction to be counterbalanced and opposed by other factions.

"The smaller the society, the fewer probably will be the distinct parties and interests composing it; the fewer the distinct parties and interests, the more frequently will a majority be found of the same party.... Extend the sphere, and you take in a greater variety of parties and interests; you make it less probable that a majority of the whole will have a common motive to invade the rights of other citizens; or if such a common motive exists, it will be more difficult for all who feel it to discover their own strength, and to act in unison with each other."

Think how easily, for example, we would have higher taxes, more government regulations, and probably comprehensive global warming controls--basically, all the trappings of a European welfare state--if such policies were determined only by the votes of the big cities or the Northeastern states, without being counterbalanced by suburban and rural districts or by the Southern and Western states.

"Extending the sphere" to include a diverse republic with diverse interests serves a specifically intellectual function. It is relatively easy to sell a nonsensical policy to other people who share your own biases. It's easy to make the case to people like me that the government should adopt policies that benefit people like me--at the expense of people who are not like me. But when I have to make the case to those unfortunate individuals who are not like me--well, then it gets a lot harder. That requires making an argument that goes beyond my personal biases or immediate interests. I can't just stir up people's emotions, because they might not share my emotional reactions. Instead, I have to argue on the basis of principles, appealing to universal ideas about logic, justice, and rights. It requires a more rational, intellectual argument, rather than just an appeal to emotion. end quote

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Ayn Rand wrote in “A Nation’s Unity,” from The Ayn Rand Letter, II, 2, 3: Individual rights is the only proper principle of human coexistence, because it rests on man’s nature, i.e., the nature and requirements of a conceptual consciousness. Man gains enormous values from dealing with other men; living in a human society is his proper way of life—but only on certain conditions. Man is not a lone wolf and he is not a social animal. He is a contractual animal. He has to plan his life long-range, make his own choices, and deal with other men by voluntary agreement (and he has to be able to rely on their observance of the agreements they entered).

end quote

marc sarcastically wrote: I think that President Trump is John Galt, That the United States is going to become Galts Gulch , and I believe that President Trump knows the story of Atlas Shrugged! end quote

Trump is our President and he has a contract with us, whether we voted for him or not. So, after 21 days in office, don’t fall for the MSN, Yahoo, Internet, Saturday Night Live, Lame Stream Media version of reality. Will Trump lower taxes, keep us out of ground wars, legitimize free trade, decrease the deficit, decrease regulations and thereby secure prosperity? The facts are very promising. He will. If freedom continues to expand in America, we will proper. Don’t let a left wing “revolution” slow prosperity and freedom. Trump can be the best President America has ever had. So, yes marc, Trump can be an Objectivist’s President.

Peter 

I was not sarcastic ! Who is John Galt ?  This is John Galts speech  , the first hundred days 

Listen folks , I will be real honest . I kind of let this thread get away from me . You know , my whole Rubio phase - that was me doing Platos Allegory of the Cave ( hey , I am going to start a thread on that ! ) . As I left the cave , well - MSK wrote history on that one 

Anyway , POTUS TRUMP !!!!!!!!!!!

Is doing a brilliant job , 

This video game that Elon Musk calls life , is really getting fun !

President Trump #3terms - figure it out Sir !

#3rdterm

What did President Trump promise to do? What is he walking back? What would you like to occur (including things he promised to do) during his administration? Increased National Security and closed borders? A Trump spokesperson talking to Stephanopoulos was saying illegal aliens “cost” the U.S. treasury a hundred billion dollars a year, so The Wall will not just be revenue neutral, it will be “cost positive.” So check that. The so called chilling effect to illegals and to Mexicans in general is a good thing for America. We will make money on the border fence and be more secure. (And shucks, marc and William, your PM is such a kid) our relations with Canada are just fine and they will be better with Mexico if we use persuasion and not force. Both our countries are stronger if we engage in coordinated commerce as Trump just said.  

Generate a tax cut and pro-business philosophy? Retain companies in America? “Brexiting” bad trade deals? Check.

Destroy Isis, build and modernize the military? Examine our nuclear arsenal and make it more affective? Check.

Clean out the criminals from the inner cities? Well, he is going to try. But drying up the welfare spigot and changing the parasite philosophy of the Lyndon Johnson era will take time.

Decreased taxes? Increased freedom? Check.

We can count our blessings! Perhaps he can also project a feeling of optimism and adventure as did President John F. Kennedy. Could he please jump start the space program in a revenue neutral fashion? I could live with that. Crew of the Enterprise, engage!

Peter  

President Trump  , you really don't even hear this as much as you should . Its backwards . The more he does , the less respect people give him . He already earned to be called President Trump but whatever . He slays so hard , he don't give a f@@@. 

Donald Trump will double the net worth of the entire world before before he is 78 years old .

Imagine lightening regulations , and what would small  businesses do in the tech world which we live in . Someone should capitalize on that and build a social media platform off that premise .

Damn , does that even exist 

marc? You don’t make sense. Maybe switch to beer? And you seem malignant.

Flynn resigned. That is a shame I think he was thinking like most people do when they are in a “high security category” like top secret or “for your eyes only.” He was working for Trump even before the inauguration. I still cannot talk about myself or this or that 30 years after the fact, or what occurred when I lived “there” as a child, even if there were news letters sent out. Sorry I cannot explain any more. AEC. And I never developed cancer as an adult either.

I don’t blame Flynn for anything. I think he was a good man. The VP may have been pissed, but when you are in “secret mode” . . .

Peter

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I don’t blame Flynn for anything. I think he was a good man. The VP may have been pissed, but when you are in “secret mode” . . .

Peter,

I don't think VP Pence is pissed. I think he realizes the context. He's a very good administrator and not a vain control-freak. (Notice that the press says Flynn "lied"--over and over and over and over and over. Nobody on Trump's team uses that word about him. Ya' think there's a there there with the MSM? :) )

This is a situation like with Cory. The fever pitched hysteria is hitting so hard in the press, it looks like it will not abate, so the situation itself becomes too much of a distraction to get the real work done (meaning the project).

President Trump, being a producer, not a politician, then makes the tough choice. His primary duty is to his project, not to the feelings of those who are working with him. Notice that people like Stone and Cory are devoted to him, even though they were let go. There's a reason.

The good news for Trump supporters is that when an opportunity for payback arises with those clamoring the most, and it always does (especially with anti-Trump Republicans and those on the inside of the intelligence community who are doing dirty tricks), if it does not distract him from his work backstage, he will take that opportunity and make a spectacle out of it for the public.

And--this is the part that always brings me joy--once the knife goes in, he will twist it, usually by showing how he used the opponent's own knife. 

:)

(btw - I don't think Flynn is totally out of the picture. I think he will lay low for a bit, then be invited back in for some prestigious thing or another. Or maybe a personal project of his will find itself shockingly without the normal obstacles. :) I think President Trump is still going to consult him, even during this hysteria time.)

Michael

9 hours ago, Marc said:

Donald Trump will double the net worth of the entire world before before he is 78 years old .

Marc,

You know, you are onto something here.

I think you are right and the ruling class will fight him every step of the way. But many of them will stop because they will get greedy along the way and start focusing on the booming market opportunities for their little empires (rather than the cartel opportunities they normally enjoy). Why? Money, sex and power are the primary things that motivate them, not loyalty to a cause.

:) 

Michael

4 hours ago, merjet said:

The miscalculation on the part of those unwilling to share their insurance status, at the moment, simply means that the person will be subject to additional penalties if proof of insurance isnt found during an audit. Its not major blow, its a start, to ACA because I will pay unless something else transpires during the year that renders the EO mute.

I can buy a lot of medical services when I dont share. ) The shared responsibility tax will remain 2.5% but be adjusted for inflation. Its not chump change.