Donald Trump

Michael:

Do you serve Crow Omelettes at this OL Diner?  That way I can pay my debts AND do so with appropriate egg on my face at the same time.

I am very happy for you and the Gang of Trump here at OL.   The word that comes to mind is prescient.  That's what you were (and are). 

And, not that it matters what I hope, but I really hope the best for President-Elect Trump.*   I very much look forward to many executive orders being repealed on Day 1.  Once he does that, I will be pushing on the bandwagon with all my might.  If he appoints a serious constitutionalist to the Supreme Court, I may just jump on that same bandwagon, assuming you guys let me in.  :lol:

*Not unforgotten is my $500 pledge if a balanced budget is signed by Trump into law.   I really hope to have to pay up on that pledge, and buy you dinner in Chicago as I pay up..

16 minutes ago, PDS said:

Do you serve Crow Omelettes at this OL Diner?  That way I can pay my debts AND do so with appropriate egg on my face at the same time.

I am very happy for you and the Gang of Trump here at OL.   The word that comes to mind is prescient.  That's what you were (and are). 

David,

I'm feeling so good, I'm in the mood to issue a blanket pardon about crows.

Joe says (in another thread) hell no. I need to serve it up to you guys cold.

:)

We are all in for some very good times in this country.

With a Republican rubber stamp in Congress that also got voted, just watch what Trump will do. And wanna bet that he drags a lot of Democratic politicians along with him? 

Michael

I don’t think President Trump will begin his first victory days making deals with a corrupt politician because that would be a dereliction of his Presidential duties, while ignoring the law and Constitution. Hillary Clinton may be implicated and guilty of the deaths of several Americans, and many, many lesser crimes. Do we respect the rule of law, or not? Will the “elites” continue to live by separate rules . . . or not? Call Comey and tell him you expect justice to be done and you will not meddle in any investigations. 

I see Obama is inviting Trump to the White House tomorrow for a smooth transition. Translation? He wants corrupt favors in spite of his “peaceful transference of powers” and “we are all on the same team” rhetoric. Don’t fall for it President Trump. Speak some peacekeeping platitudes but uphold the Constitution and you may do a lot of honorable things BEFORE being sworn in.

We will have a woman in the White House in January just not Old Hickory Clinton, and her name will be Melania. We won’t have a perverted “First Laddie.” She will not following in the footsteps of First Lady Hillary Clinton who tried to thwart justice, and to persecute woman who had been wronged by her husband.

And Ba’al there is no ‘five second rule’ or first year pardons with justice.  It is not a question of, “Hasn’t Hillary suffered enough with the loss of her grands schemes?” Tell that to the surviving relatives of Benghazi. It does matter now.  

And congratulations to President Trump!

Peter

A different wizard of Hillary photo made it to my inbox but both were appreciated. I stayed up until nearly 3 am last night but still no final results were in that put DJ over the top, then I woke up at 6:30 and rushed to my computer to quietly look up the election results. I almost could not get back to sleep again.

Peter

The following is from President elect Donald Trump to my inbox.

Peter, They said we could never do it. But last night you showed the world that America will once again be a country of, for, and by the PEOPLE. You fought like a winner, you defied all odds, and history will forever remember the role you played in taking our country back. I never could’ve done it without you, Peter. Your contributions, your sacrifices, and your unyielding commitment to our movement made last night possible! Last night we learned that America is still a beacon of hope where the impossible is possible. For far too long, we’ve heard Washington politicians give the excuse that “it can’t be done.” They say we can’t balance the budget, we can’t stop corruption, we can’t control the border, we can’t bring jobs back to our country.

I REFUSE to accept that it can’t be done. This is the country that declared its independence, won two world wars, and landed a man on the moon. This is America. We can and we WILL get it done.

Now it’s time to start uniting our country and binding the wounds of our divided nation. I promise to be a president for ALL Americans. I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will win for you.

You will soon remember what it’s like to win as an American. Thank you and God bless you,

Donald J. Trump

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

... there is no ‘five second rule’ or first year pardons with justice.  It is not a question of, “Hasn’t Hillary suffered enough with the loss of her grands schemes?”

Peter,

But that's exactly what I think the deal is.

In my imagination, it works like this:

President Obama, Hillary Clinton, and those around them talk about a "peaceful transition of power," their hopes for a successful presidency for Donald Trump, etc. This is already happening and will help keep a lid on the BLM folks and their other thugs.

The DOJ or some other agency will charge Hillary (so she can be pardoned). 

Obama will pardon her.

Trump will not pursue other charges against her once in office.

I might be wrong, but all that lovey-dovey talk from the Democrats about Trump all of a sudden rings false to my ear. And as long as they take the rap for pardoning Clinton, I think Trump doesn't like it, but can live with it. He's got a lot of work to get to.

Another scenario comes to mind, too. Head-fake from the Democrats...

Michael

46 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

We are all in for some very good times in this country.

With a Republican rubber stamp in Congress that also got voted, just watch what Trump will do. And wanna bet that he drags a lot of Democratic politicians along with him? 

Michael

I'm glad he won, even though I don't like him.  If he follows through with his main promises we'll have a strong economy again, but it's going to take some time (years) to fulfill his promises to the rust belt.

Dems kept complaining about gridlock in Washington..

Well not anymore

:evil:

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

In my imagination, it works like this:

The DOJ or some other agency will charge Hillary (so she can be pardoned). 

Obama will pardon her.

Trump will not pursue other charges against her once in office.

Michael

"We have proven that we can actually be civil to each other. In fact just before taking the dais, Hillary accidentally bumped into me -- and she very civilly said, 'pardon me,'" Trump said, a veiled reference at his debate stage pledges to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton if he wins the presidency.
"And I very politely replied, 'Let me talk to you about that after I get into office,'" Trump said. "Just kidding, just kidding."
My wish list is the FBI doesnt finish its Foundation investigation before he takes office. Trump appoints Judge Napolitano to DOJ. The investigation comes through and is forwarded to DOJ with prejudice.
Obama willing to limit his culpability with Clintons server realizes emailgate hasnt got legs and she lost, decides to act on his loathing of the Clintons and leaves her to flounder.
Trump showing hes a man of integrity follows through on his words.
If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. Because there have never been so many lies, so much deception,” he said at the October 10 debate.
Being magnanimous is too UGE and one thing. To interfere with justice and go against your word is quite another thing.
The president elect had better get humping, days and counting.  71 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes, 43 seconds

Van Jones is saying this election is White Lash. I saw that at 6:30 am, and Rush is mentioning it now.  White lash? The blacks are the deplorable racists, not decent patriots.

Michael wrote: Another scenario comes to mind, too. Head-fake from the Democrats...

I agree Trump may have more on his table than Hillary’s crimes but he can also set in motion the wheels of unhampered justice, then go on to more important tasks. That would take a candid phone call to the FBI on a secure line.

Rush is also saying Trump should name his ‘Supremes” nominee now and in two weeks, minority leader Chuck you Shumer will be saying he or she is unacceptable and the media will pick up on that and attack the “will of the American people.” They will say, “Stop in the Name of Love.” In two weeks the propaganda machine will be “Back in the Arms Of the leftists Again,” and they will be at full throttle. Oh, “Where Did Our Love Go,” “Baby Love?” “Come See About Me,” and be my “Love Child.” Again a nominee can be a Trump head fake to keep the media and the leftists occupied.

Rush is saying the Bush’s emailed him and said NONE OF THE BUSH’S VOTED FOR CLINTON! Hillary did win the popular vote by two hundredths of one percent.          

Peter  

Another positively delicious result of "The Defeat of the Clintons" is that "donations" to the Clinton Foundation are going to dry up because they no longer have government access to peddle in exchange for "speaking fees"! :lol:

crooked-clintons.jpg

Happy days are here again. Great video.

Turkyfoot wrote: Judge Napolitano to DOJ . . . . Trump showing he’s a man of integrity follows through on his words. end quote

Good choice for DOJ and a good choice of words. I would worry about President Obama between now and the inauguration. That is why I say Trump should keep him, other world leaders, and the press occupied as he learns what he can before the inauguration.  Obama did say Donald was unfit to be President during the campaign. Sure, President elect Trump did say some mean damn campaign things too, but I am reminded of the scene in Patton, when the General and his Soviet counterpart each drank a shot of vodka with their eyes firmly on each other in distrust . . . and rightfully so. Obama is Trump's Soviet counterpart. You cannot tell me Obama will not screw things up as much as he can for President Trump. And shucks, Obama will probably loot the White House too.

Peter

Drudge is calling this the "Snowflake riots." 

(From LA Times):

Trump victory sparks student walk-out at Berkeley High School, angry protests across California

When I was in college, things were a little different. We had the war in Vietnam and the students opposed to it occupied buildings, set up the SDS, branched off into the Weather Underground, bombed shit, etc.

Nowadays, they walk out of class. 

Long live the Snowflakes!

Let's see if we can set them up on a reservation for a safe space later.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

1 hour ago, moralist said:

Another positively delicious result of "The Defeat of the Clintons" is that "donations" to the Clinton Foundation are going to dry up because they no longer have government access to peddle in exchange for "speaking fees"! :lol:

crooked-clintons.jpg

All the money should be seized and spent on roofs over people's heads in Haiti and Syria.

I'm not going to do it too much, I certainly don't want to make the same mistake they did and get Karl Marx himself elected in 2024, but is anyone else looking forward to occasionally responding to critics of Trump policies with:

"You can't stand that a white man is President, you're just a bigot, a caucasiaphobe and misandrist."

23 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I'm not going to do it too much, I certainly don't want to make the same mistake they did and get Karl Marx himself elected in 2024, but is anyone else looking forward to occasionally responding to critics of Trump policies with:

"You can't stand that a white man is President, you're just a bigot, a caucasiaphobe and misandrist."

Jon,

LOL...

Rush Limbaugh has you covered (from today):

Mr. Jones, This Election Had Nothing to Do With White People Wanting Their Country Back on the Basis of Race

From the transcript:

Van Jones of CNN says that this is a "whitelash."  What is he complaining about?  He's complaining that white people voted their interests?

To Van Jones and to a lot on the left and the Democrat Party, white people voting their interests is dangerous and not legitimate.  That fact alone, as far as Van Jones is concerned -- and probably many others on the left -- disqualifies Trump's victory.  In their minds.  And it's what scares the heck out of them to boot.  A whitelash. Why is it not legitimate to honestly discuss "the white vote"?  White people are still the majority in America.  There are massive demographic shifts taking place, but white people are still the majority. 

Somebody needs to tell me why it's wrong for white people to vote their interests when it's not wrong for African-Americans to unify and monolithically vote their interests. Women monolithically unify; vote their interests. Muslims monolithically unify; vote their interests. Gays and lesbians unify; monolithically vote their interests. Feminists unify; vote their interests monolithically.  That's how the Democrat Party wins.  All of these different constituency groups think, act, and vote alike -- and when they do it, they call it "progress."

They call it "overcoming." They call it other things that I, frankly, find despicable.  But when white people do it, it's not permitted.  When white people do it, it's not good.  When white people do it, it's bad.  So exactly when did it happen that all white people became bigots?  When did it happen?  Because it has happened.  In the minds of the left in this country and in the minds of the Democrat Party, that is exactly the case.  And white people -- and they're the ones that said this. I didn't say this, by the way.  Van Jones called it a whitelash.  All the commentaries last night on TV said, "White people came together and voted against Hillary!"

They're the ones claiming it. 

Why is it illegitimate for white people to do exactly what every other group in the Democrat constituency does?  Is it because we really are not going to have a majority system?  Is that what the Democrats really oppose, a majority system?  They want to turn the country into the tyranny of the majority and have the minorities and all of the additions of all the minorities dominate and rule?  Because otherwise this doesn't make any sense.  White people and Christians are the two the groups that it is politically correct to slander; it's perfectly okay to slander.  Donald Trump won because he was the only candidate unafraid to appeal to them and face down the consequences of doing so.

This election was not affected by a bunch of white people deciding to take their country back because of their race.  It had nothing to do with that, but the Democrats believe firmly that it was.

. . .

... the only way that it can be wrong for white people to vote their interests is if you believe every white person is a bigot, if you believe that every white person is a racist.  And I am here to tell you that that is the message the Democrat Party and the American left attempt to convey as they run around and continue to do everything they can to tar and feather and impugn and diminish every majority group in this country for the express purposes of tearing it down. 

But this election had nothing to do with white people wanting their country back on racial concerns.  This election had nothing to do with white people being mad at other people who are not white and simply showing up to express their anger and outrage and try to take away power from people who are not white.  It had nothing to do with this.  This election was about the direction of the country. 

Rush also made the point that Van Jones said Trump has to come to him (and the people he speaks for) to justify himself. Rush said Trump just showed everyone how to win against unbeatable odds. So, on the contrary, Trump doesn't have to go to anyone. People have to go to Trump to learn how to do what he does.

Rush didn't use those exact words, but that's my gist. And I couldn't agree more.

Michael

Trump was fortunate to have some hard-working, influential people out there on the stump for him. They reached a lot of voters. Guliani, Hannerty, Carson, Gingrich, Limbaugh, Pence & Ingraham come immediately to mind.--J

Well, Michael's first post on this thread--a long time ago from a galaxy far far away.

On 7/3/2015 at 9:37 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'm glad RR opened this thread.

I had considered opening one on Trump and calling it "Hank Rearden for President."

People are currently reacting to Trump in the same manner they did Rearden in Atlas Shrugged. Here's a passage that captures some of it. Passengers are on a train.

I love Donald Trump.

Michael

EDIT: I moved this from Politics to Stumping in the Backyard.

I don't know how to carry the embedded quotation forward, so go back and look.

5 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/09/trump-left-just-lost-war-climate-change/

"Yup, greenies. That climate change gravy train you’ve been riding these last four decades looks like it’s headed for a major, Atlas-Shrugged-style tunnel incident…"

Quoting from the Dellingpole article:

"To get an idea of the horrors to come for the greenies, look at how they reacted to the prospect of his new Environmental Protection Agency Dismantler-in-Chief Myron Ebell."

I am overjoyed about Ebell's getting in there.

And might be going to be ecstatic at who gets appointed science advisor.  L and I have a suspicion.  Fingers crossed!!!

Yesterday morning I was thinking that some X hours from then, I would be feeling either grim preparing for worse than we've had to come or a release of exuberant hope, and I didn't dare let hope start too early.  Larry was feeling the same way.  We wanted to be sure of the win before we started anticipating prospects.

I said to Larry - a line Ayn Rand liked from Victor Hugo, "No man can go from Siberia to Senegal without fainting."  I added, "And if ___ is appointed science advisor, it will be like going from hell to heaven."

Ellen

PS: Trump is wrong of course about the idea of global warming being created by the Chinese.

WikiLeaks addresses the ruling class:

Something to think about next time they get power.

(It's a good thing Trump has character and is not the caricature they said he was.)

Michael

18 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

All the money should be seized and spent on roofs over people's heads in Haiti and Syria.

It never will be... and the people in Haiti and Syria will always be responsible for their own roofs.

Greg

13 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

PS: Trump is wrong of course about the idea of global warming being created by the Chinese.

i agree.  the current interglacial period warming trend, I believe is 70 percent natural causes and feed backs (mostly due to oceanic effects)  and 30 percent human induced by CO2 overload.  However the Chinese had contributed more than their share to this  hypothetical 30 percent overload.   They are the world champion  coal burners and I hope they soon transition to fission generated heat and hydroelectric power generation. 

President Elect Trump should know or soon be instructed that CO2 does slowdown heat radiation from the atmosphere along with methane (CH4)  and good old water vapor (H2O).  Without these so-called greenhouse gases the average temperature of the earth would be below freezing  and the glaciers and frozen ocean would exist between the tropics (23.5 deg. latitude) and the poles  both north and south.  Moreover there is evidence that the earth about 600,000,000 ybp   was a snowball or iceball from pole to pole.  Growing plants need CO2.   Volcanoes and rotting plants  give off lots of CO2.  In the past we have had atmospheric concentration of CO2 of the order of 5000 ppm.   The Global Warming Crazies are having fits over concentrations of  400 ppm.  The effects of CO2 are roughly proportional to the logarithm of the concentration.  In short, the effects do NOT go up linearly.