Donald Trump

Scott Adams, the Dilbert guy, finally came around, but then I already knew that.

:)

The Bully Party
Posted October 25th, 2016

I’ve been trying to figure out what common trait binds Clinton supporters together. As far as I can tell, the most unifying characteristic is a willingness to bully in all its forms.

If you have a Trump sign in your lawn, they will steal it.

If you have a Trump bumper sticker, they will deface your car.

if you speak of Trump at work you could get fired.

On social media, almost every message I get from a Clinton supporter is a bullying type of message. They insult. They try to shame. They label. And obviously they threaten my livelihood.

We know from Project Veritas that Clinton supporters tried to incite violence at Trump rallies. The media downplays it.

We also know Clinton’s side hired paid trolls to bully online. You don’t hear much about that.

Yesterday, by no coincidence, Huffington Post, Salon, and Daily Kos all published similar-sounding hit pieces on me, presumably to lower my influence. (That reason, plus jealousy, are the only reasons writers write about other writers.)

Joe Biden said he wanted to take Trump behind the bleachers and beat him up. No one on Clinton’s side disavowed that call to violence because, I assume, they consider it justified hyperbole. 

Team Clinton has succeeded in perpetuating one of the greatest evils I have seen in my lifetime. Her side has branded Trump supporters (40%+ of voters) as Nazis, sexists, homophobes, racists, and a few other fighting words. Their argument is built on confirmation bias and persuasion. But facts don’t matter because facts never matter in politics. What matters is that Clinton’s framing of Trump provides moral cover for any bullying behavior online or in person. No one can be a bad person for opposing Hitler, right?

Some Trump supporters online have suggested that people who intend to vote for Trump should wear their Trump hats on election day. That is a dangerous idea, and I strongly discourage it. There would be riots in the streets because we already know the bullies would attack. But on election day, inviting those attacks is an extra-dangerous idea. Violence is bad on any day, but on election day, Republicans are far more likely to unholster in an effort to protect their voting rights. Things will get wet fast.

Yes, yes, I realize Trump supporters say bad things about Clinton supporters too. I don’t defend the bad apples on either side. I’ll just point out that Trump’s message is about uniting all Americans under one flag. The Clinton message is that some Americans are good people and the other 40% are some form of deplorables, deserving of shame, vandalism, punishing taxation, and violence. She has literally turned Americans on each other. It is hard for me to imagine a worse thing for a presidential candidate to do.

I’ll say that again. 

As far as I can tell, the worst thing a presidential candidate can do is turn Americans against each other. Clinton is doing that, intentionally.

Intentionally.

As I often say, I don’t know who has the best policies. I don’t know the best way to fight ISIS and I don’t know how to fix healthcare or trade deals. I don’t know which tax policies are best to lift the economy. I don’t know the best way to handle any of that stuff. (And neither do you.) But I do have a bad reaction to bullies. And I’ve reached my limit.

I hope you have too. Therefore…

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms. 

I don’t defend Trump’s personal life. Neither Trump nor Clinton are role models for our children. Let’s call that a tie, at worst.

The bullies are welcome to drown in their own bile while those of us who want a better world do what we’ve been doing for hundreds of years: Work to make it better while others complain about how we’re doing it.

Today I put Trump’s odds of winning in a landslide back to 98%. Remember, I told you a few weeks ago that Trump couldn’t win unless “something changed.” 

Something just changed.

You might like my book because Clinton’s bullies have been giving it one-star reviews on Amazon to punish me for blogging about Trump’s persuasion skills.

Let me repeat what Scott Adams just predicted with a little more emphasis.

Today I put Trump’s odds of winning in a landslide back to 98%.

Ahh...

That feels good.

btw - I am at the end of his book, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life. It's got a hell of a lot of great advice in it. All with a bit of humor. I highly recommend it (and I would even if he were still saying Trump would lose--after all, I'm almost finished reading the sucker. :)

Michael

If any Trump supporter wants a feel-good moment, Donald Trump just called into the Rush Limbaugh show.

Mr. Trump Calls the Show

A few excerpts from the transcript:

RUSH: We have with us Mr. Trump.  Mr. Trump's on the phone from... Where are you, sir?  Where are you calling from right now?

TRUMP:  Well, I'm right now in Miami, Rush, and I just visited two voting areas, and they are packed.  They're two-blocks long with people voting.

RUSH:  And obviously... They're obviously out voting for you?

TRUMP:  Well, it looks like it.  They have a lot of hats on, red hats, and they have a lot of buttons on 'em saying "Trump."  So hopefully they're voting for me, I think. (chuckles) But there are a lot of people. They said they've never seen lines like this, Rush.

. . .

RUSH: ... What are these assaults...? I don't think people understand the impact on a family or even an individual, when the kitchen sink is thrown at them as has been thrown at you.

TRUMP:  Well, they've been vicious.  The New York Times, they lie. They lie like I've never seen anything.  They know they're lying.  One of these guys wrote a story -- Rutenberg, Jim Rutenberg, a story. Literally they'll do whatever they have to do. ...

People know it, people see it, and they say it's the greatest pile-on in the history of politics and probably long beyond politics, and here's the bottom line.  I think we're doing really well.  You know, they even put phony polls out there, Rush.  You take a look at some of these polls; they're totally phony.  Now, the poll that called it correct for the last three presidential elections has us up by 2%. 

And you take a look at the lines in Florida, they're unbelievable what's going on, and early polling at different places has us leading in a lot of different places that nobody was even thinking about. So we'll see what happens, but these are bad people, Rush, and... I mean, you've dealt with them for a long time, but they're bad. They're bad and very evil people.

. . .

RUSH: ... where are you going next from Miami?

TRUMP:  We're going to different places all throughout Florida.  Our next stop is Sanford, Florida. We have a tremendous crowd.  Last night we had 25,000 people in Tampa.  I don't know if you saw last night, Rush, it was unbelievable.

RUSH:  I did.  Tim Kaine had 30 people in West Palm Beach. 

TRUMP:  I know.  We had 25,000 people last night, we set the record for the arena, and it was beautiful, and the level of excitement was even more beautiful and --

RUSH:  What do you say to people that say that doesn't matter, that doesn't tell us how people are gonna vote.

TRUMP:  I don't believe it.  They said Romney had crowds, but the truth is he had one crowd, one big crowd the last day.  We've had crowds for five months.  I mean, from the beginning.  And now they're bigger than ever before.  No, I think it makes a big difference.  I've heard that theory, and you know what?  Maybe it's right.  I don't know.  I'll let you know around the 9th.  I'll let you know right after the election.  But nobody's ever had crowds like we're having.  It's a movement.  It's a movement for common sense --

RUSH:  It is.

TRUMP:  -- and, you know, other things.

RUSH:  It really is.  I was gonna tell you before we got disconnected the last time, you see your crowds, you know how many people showing up, I think there are millions more people than you even know behind you, praying for you, urging you on, hoping and praying you win.  It's phenomenal the kind of support you have behind you, despite the best efforts to suppress it, and those efforts are being made, I think it's profound, the number of people.

TRUMP:  Well, they're doing a tremendous suppression effort, but so far I will tell you, when you look at where the voting booths are, you know, the voters, we pass, I told you before, we passed three of them.  They're two and three blocks long of people standing there waiting to vote, and four years ago they'd have two people in the room and everybody's falling asleep.  The voting -- the lines are unbelievable getting into the polling places and the voting booths.  So, you know, hopefully that's a great sign, and these I think are real Trump people.  These are people that want to see America be great again.

. . .

RUSH: ... Before you go, I have to say, ask you something.  I think I heard you say today earlier that you are of the opinion you have to win Florida if you're gonna win the whole thing.  Did I hear you right earlier?

TRUMP:  Well, I think so, and again I'm going by people that I watch and that I listen to and that I read.  They're saying that and I think so far we're doing very well.  The latest poll came out even, but at the voting booth we're killing it.  You know, I think -- look, I think there are a lot of people out there that aren't being polled.  That's what we're seeing in a number of states, including North Carolina, including different places. 

You know in Iowa we're doing fantastically well.  But we're saying that there are a lot of people that haven't been polled in Florida, and the lines are incredible.  They never expected anything like this.  They're getting more people to work inside because they didn't expect anything like this.  Now, we'll speak later on in two weeks and we'll say, well, we were right or we were wrong, but I think there's a tremendous energy out there, Rush, and despite the horrendous, really lying press, I mean, the media's so bad, I'm gonna hit 'em as hard as I can 'cause people have to understand, but despite this --

RUSH:  Oh, they do!  Mr. Trump, they do!  They understand exactly what the media is doing to you.  Your fan base, your support base is loyal beyond I think --

TRUMP:  Amazing.  I love 'em.  I love 'em.

I love him, too. 

Michael

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Not since 1968

We hatessss the government, Preciousssssss  and we wants to see it bleed.

Can you tell me what work you have done that wasn't connected to your government that you hate? Many private companies are dependent on government contracts for their financial existence. I keep asking you this direct question just to watch you evade answering it. :wink:

I don't hate the government like you do because my financial wellbeing isn't dependent on it like yours is. The government leaves me alone to do whatever I see fit to do. Your economic wellbeing comes from the government while mine comes from the private sector Capitalist free market. You were imprinted in government school to be an employee, whereas I learned how to do business as an independent entrepreneur out in the real world.

This fact explains why my view is completely different from yours. I wasn't imprinted, and you were.

Greg

44 minutes ago, moralist said:

Can you tell me what work you have done that wasn't connected to your government that you hate? Many private companies are dependent on government contracts for their financial existence. I keep asking you this direct question just to watch you evade answering it. :wink:

I don't hate the government like you do because my financial wellbeing isn't dependent on it like yours is. The government leaves me alone to do whatever I see fit to do. Your economic wellbeing comes from the government while mine comes from the private sector Capitalist free market. You were imprinted in government school to be an employee, whereas I learned how to do business as an independent entrepreneur out in the real world.

This fact explains why my view is completely different from yours. I wasn't imprinted, and you were.

Greg

Every firm in the U.S. that pays federal taxes (and don't give me that bullshit that  your customers pay.  You make out a check to Uncle or the State),  every such firm is connected to the government which I  hate.  100% of the legal businesses in the United States including yours,  you jackass. 

If you own property you pay property tax.  If you have registered your vehicles you have payed a registration fee.  Have you paid tolls on the road?  Have you put coin in a parking meter?   Have you paid the tax associated with your phone bill?   If you run a legal non-profit firm you have to fill out government paperwork to legally avoid paying corporate income tax. Have you ever paid sales tax, or registration fees?  Do you use the U.S.  mail?  You have to have paid for stamps.   If you have, you are an accomplice and a pawn of government. You are also delusional if  you deny it. 

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Scott Adams, the Dilbert guy, finally came around, but then I already knew that.

The Bully Party

Ahh...

That feels good.

btw - I am at the end of his book, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life. It's got a hell of a lot of great advice in it. All with a bit of humor. I highly recommend it (and I would even if he were still saying Trump would lose--after all, I'm almost finished reading the sucker. :)

Michael

Im unpersuaded. Ha! I dont take Mr Dilbert seriously, he like a politician, always changin his mind. My prediction - If Trump does win in a landslide then maybe, maybe his books become better sellers. If Trump doesnt win then Adams takes a hit to his solar plexus as Trump will. Trump is a sore loser.

2 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

Im unpersuaded. Ha! I dont take Mr Dilbert seriously, he like a politician, always changin his mind. My prediction - If Trump does win in a landslide then maybe, maybe his books become better sellers. If Trump doesnt win then Adams takes a hit to his solar plexus as Trump will. Trump is a sore loser.

But we will always have  Dilbert, Dogbert and the Pointy Hair Boss. 

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Every firm in the U.S. that pays federal taxes...

Thanks, Bob. :)

Your repeated evasion of a simple direct question has already answered it. You have only worked for companies which are dependent upon government contracts for their financial existence. So it is your own dependent employee relationship to your government that explains why you hate it so much.

Greg

1 hour ago, moralist said:

Thanks, Bob. :)

Your repeated evasion of a simple direct question has already answered it. You have only worked for companies which are dependent upon government contracts for their financial existence. So it is your own dependent employee relationship to your government that explains why you hate it so much.

Greg

Every legal firm in the nation is connected to the government.  Period.  End of Statement.  That is a fact.  And your company is included.

Have your registered your vehicles.  If so  you are a government accomplice and patsy.  Have you paid sales tax on any purchases.  If so you are a government accomplice and a patsy

Have you paid property tax and signed a  check for the required amount?  If so you are a government accomplice and a patsy.  Have you ever paid any fees to any government agency.  

If so you are a government accomplice and a patsy.  Did you ever put a coin in a parking meter?  etc. etc.  Have you ever ridden on an Amtrack train? etc. etc.  Have you ever shipped

freight on a government subsidized railroad?  etc. etc.  Have you ever bought gasoline?  If so you paid the tax and you are a government stooge and a patsy.  

And so are we all;. 

Ha!

Newt Gingrich just called out Megyn Kelly's anti-Trump bias and obsession with sex.

After badgering Newt with her emphatic forecasts of a Trump loss, then saying Donald Trump was a sexual predator and Newt causing a stink about it, he challenged her to say that Bill Clinton was a sexual predator. She wouldn't do it.

She's in like Flynn with Murdoch's heirs right now, so her 2017 plans look pretty good, but I think her target public just got a jolt and didn't like what they saw out of her.

I personally turn her show off when it comes on, just like I did with Glenn Beck at the start of my drift away from him. I wouldn't have seen this clip if it were not for a headline on Mediaite.

I might be wrong, but unless she grows a liberal public or changes her negative biased reporting style, I think her ratings are going to go downhill.

At least they'll have a job waiting for her at MSNBC. :) 

Michael

This is a New York Times editorial from Oct. 22 and it is not satire.

The guy, Jonathan Rauch, is serious.

Why Hillary Clinton Needs to Be Two-Faced

Er...

Say what?!!

The quips bubble up inside me unbidden.

Why does she need to be two-faced? 

Because she has to hide the bribes?

Because she knows better than us unwashed uneducated commoner assholes who read newspapers?

Because she's downsizing from being three-faced?

I could go on and on.

Dayaamm!

If they don't know what's wrong with an article like that, they really will go out of business.

Thank God I canceled my subscription.

Michael

47 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ha!

Newt Gingrich just called out Megyn Kelly's anti-Trump bias and obsession with sex.

After badgering Newt with her emphatic forecasts of a Trump loss, then saying Donald Trump was a sexual predator and Newt causing a stink about it, he challenged her to say that Bill Clinton was a sexual predator. She wouldn't do it.

She's in like Flynn with Murdoch's heirs right now, so her 2017 plans look pretty good, but I think her target public just got a jolt and didn't like what they saw out of her.

I personally turn her show off when it comes on, just like I did with Glenn Beck at the start of my drift away from him. I wouldn't have seen this clip if it were not for a headline on Mediaite.

I might be wrong, but unless she grows a liberal public or changes her negative biased reporting style, I think her ratings are going to go downhill.

At least they'll have a job waiting for her at MSNBC. :) 

Michael

Megyn has yet to realize she's much more brawn than brains, although she desperately tries to present herself as an intellectual...a real lightweight. Can't stomach her & won't watch her show. Good to see Newt pussy-slap her. -J

My God, I'm behind!

Podesta No. 17:

And

Podesta No. 18:

Slosh... slosh... slosh...

Michael

Some gentleman on The Lou Dobb’s Show on Fox named Professor Norpoth is saying there is an 87 percent chance Trump will defeat Hillary.

While I wish that were true the contrary evidence I am hearing is that the Democrat’s ground game is pretty damn good. Can it be proved that they are bribing voters, or coercing them to get on a bus or even an Uber taxi, to vote for Hillary? What is going too far? How far will they go?

I know the history of some local politics, in a Blue Hen State I will not name, and it was common practice to throw an outdoor party on election day, and give away half pints of whisky for people who will vote for your candidates. The Dems were doing it but my personal experience is, so were republican operatives. Buses and cheerleaders / propagandists who rode the buses were standing by.

I am having a dream, so I did not do this, it is only a dream. In the dream I am handing out shots from several different types of liquor bottles, and I have boxes of 48 half pints at my feet . . . but it was just a dream from 40 years ago. I admit to nothing except that I may have been there.

Then I would run up the main bell tower to ring the bell and shout "The plane! The plane, Boss!" to announce the arrival of a new set of guests at the beginning of each episode. Whoa. Elizabeth Warren is getting off the plane, and she is screeching. She is yelling, "Women are tired of guys like you, Donald Trump!"

Tattoo. 

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Every legal firm in the nation is connected to the government.

Not by government contracts like your employers. Bob. See how your intellect tries to justify your relationship with the government you hate? You only have yourself to blame for the choice you made. Your hatred of the government is simply a smokescreen to keep you from taking responsibility for your own choice to become its employee.

I'm simply identifying the root cause of why we each have a different view. It's because we each operate within two completely different economic systems.

You have been a government contract employee for all of your life... while I have been an independent private sector Capitalist enterprentur for mine. At the same time in your life while you were sitting on your ass getting imprinted by the government to become its employee, I was on my own working out in the real world learning how to build a business from scratch. It's the same business I'm still running today. So while you're cashing government contract employee pension checks, I'm still creatively innovating new products and services, and I never need to worry about money for the rest of my life.

While you're still wasting time hating the government you need... I earned my freedom.

And this is why we will always have different views.

Greg

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Bully Party

Here's a little bit more corroboration for Scott Adams.

Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps the Nation
Media pays little attention to escalating attacks, thousands of threats against Trump supporters
by Matthew Vadum
26 Oct 2016
Lifezette

From the article:

While the mainstream media has been working day and night promoting Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, it has largely ignored or downplayed violent attacks against supporters of Donald Trump.

But assaults on Trump supporters appear to be growing increasingly common as Election Day approaches and tensions intensify. Reports of Trump lawn signs and banners being stolen and defaced are everywhere on social media.

... Democrat operatives Robert Creamer and Scott Foval ... using dirty, likely illegal tricks against the Trump campaign. Their goal was to generate negative media coverage of Trump rallies by fomenting violence at them. ...

... Oct. 15 weekend firebombing of Republican Party headquarters in Orange County, North Carolina. ...

Meanwhile, most physical attacks on Trump supporters make only  local news outlets — if that. ... 

Here is a compilation of some of the attacks on Trump supporters:

On Oct. 15 in Bangor, Maine, vandals spray-painted about 20 parked cars outside a Trump rally. ...

Around Oct. 3, a couple of Trump supporters were assaulted in Zeitgeist, a San Francisco bar, after they were allegedly refused service for expressing support for Trump, GotNews reports. "The two Trump supporters were attacked, punched, and chased into the street by 'some thugs' that a barmaid called out from the back." ...

On Sept. 28 in El Cajon, California, an angry mob at a Black Lives Matter protest beat 21-year-old Trump supporter Feras Jabro for wearing a "Make America Great Again" baseball cap. ...

On Sept. 26 at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota, as the first presidential debate was about to get underway, a woman wearing Trump campaign apparel was assaulted while heading to a debate watch event. ...

On Aug. 13 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 68-year-old cancer survivor Vester Bullock was beaten at a garage sale because he wore a Trump pin on his hat. ... The man punched Bullock in the jaw so hard he lost a tooth. 

On Aug. 12 in the West Hollywood neighborhood of Los Angeles, two women assaulted pro-Trump activist Tim Treadstone after a Trump rally. ... Last week, the two women were formally charged with assault and battery.

The night of the rally, Treadstone and a group of Trump hat-wearers were denied service at a popular Mexican eatery. Customers began screaming at the Trump backers and throwing food at them. ... 

On Aug. 3 in Bloomfield, New Jersey, an assailant attacked a 62-year-old man who was walking down the street wearing a pro-Trump T-shirt ... [he] hit the man several times with a crowbar, causing injuries to his arms, hands, and thighs,

On June 18, 19-year-old British national Michael Sandford tried to take a gun from a Las Vegas police officer during a Trump rally. Sandford was arrested and reportedly said he intended to use the gun to kill Trump. ...

On June 2, in San Jose, California, rioters assaulted a group of attendees leaving a Trump rally. Fourteen of those attacked have filed a class-action lawsuit against the city and Mayor Sam Liccardo. ...

In San Jose, protesters also threw eggs, a tomato, and a bottle at Rachel Casey, a 29-year-old Trump supporter they cornered outside a hotel. ...

On April 28, in Costa Mesa, California, anti-Trump demonstrators threw rocks at moving cars. One bloodied the face of a Trump supporter who was driving away after the rally. About 20 people were arrested. ...

Violent demonstrators from left-wing organizations including MoveOn, Black Lives Matter, and People for Bernie, forced the cancellation of a planned Trump rally March 11 at the University of Illinois at Chicago. ...

. . .

Dilbert comics creator Scott Adams received many replies when he took to Twitter recently to ask fellow Trump supporters to report threats they'd received, Heat Street reported Sept. 30.

One person wrote his wrist was fractured when he was attacked for being "an Irish Trump supporter and wearing [a] MAGA cap." Another tweeted "Had to take the #TrumpPence16 sticker off my car because I had my windows broken in 3 times."

Another man wrote his friend's 10-year-old daughter "was attacked by a mob yelling 'NAZI' 'B**CH' etc. Snatched her Trump sign and ripped it up." ...

This is not an exhaustive list of violent attacks on Trump supporters.

The blowback from this is not going to be pretty if it keeps up.

Americans tend to be tolerant until they get fed up and aren't anymore.

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Bully Party

Ahh...

That feels good.

Michael

Wishful thinking on Adam's part. But..... one never knows.  I think of the '48 election and Harry Truman holding up the newspaper with the headline  Dewey Beats Truman. Strange Things do happen from time to time.

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump inaugurating Washington DC hotel--under budget, ahead of schedule.

The government demanded it be done by 2018.

Does anyone notice it is still 2016 and the hotel is done?

Michael

Yes. But all the toilet handles  are  tiny and undersized and the toilets can be flushed only by people with teeny tiny hands......

22 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump inaugurating Washington DC hotel--under budget, ahead of schedule.

The government demanded it be done by 2018.

Does anyone notice it is still 2016 and the hotel is done?

Michael

I'd love to see Newt on Trump's cabinet. Saw this today...

20161027_machine_0.jpg