Donald Trump

Hahahahahahaha...

Trump camp puts forward witness to refute sex assault claim
By Daniel Halper
October 14, 2016
New York Post

From the article:

Donald Trump’s campaign says a British man is countering claims that the GOP presidential nominee groped a woman on a cross-country flight more than three decades ago.

The man says he was sitting across from the accuser and contacted the Trump campaign because he was incensed by her account — which is at odds with what he witnessed.

“I have only met this accuser once and frankly cannot imagine why she is seeking to make out that Trump made sexual advances on her. Not only did he not do so (and I was present at all times) but it was she that was the one being flirtatious,” Anthony Gilberthorpe said in a note provided to The Post by the Trump campaign.

. . .

Leeds alleged this week in interviews with The New York Times and CNN that Trump groped her, touching her “wherever he could find a landing spot.”

“The guy in the seat across the aisle could see. And I kept thinking, maybe the stewardess is going to come and he’ll stop, but she never came,” Leeds told CNN.

That allegation infuriated Gilberthorpe, a retiree living in northwest England, who said, “That I sat there — eyes bulging —  and not intervening is nonsense.”

. . .

He said he contacted the Trump campaign because he didn’t like that Leeds said that another passenger sat by while she was molested.

Man, this is a hoot. The smear merchants are trying to use a variation of a persuasion technique called "social proof" to back up their smear, meaning the smear comes with the claim that other people witnessed the horrible deed.

But, for the accuser to be on the safe side, these other people have to remain nameless. That way nobody can check them.

But now the nameless guy comes out of the woodworks, has a name, and he's pissed, too.

:)

Keep on keepin' it classy, New York Time. Keep on keepin' it classy. I love your new catchphrase: All the smears that are fit to print.

Michael

Finally I know something practical about persuasion that Rush Limbaugh doesn't.

How Should Trump Fight Back?

Rush says, about how to fight back against the barrage of women who the press are presenting to smear him:

If I had the answer to that, the Republicans would never lose another election.  

The only thing I can think of for Trump to do here is to just present the picture of a person that makes it not even possible you could think of the guy doing something like that.  He's got to continue to do his campaign rallies. 

He's gotta be uplifting and optimistic.  He has got to continue to stay focused on his issues and talk about what matters and, in the process, look like somebody who could not possibly be capable of all of this debauchery that they're throwing at him.

But I know what to do about it. And it seems like Trump knows it, too.

You don't discredit the women and ignore the media. If you do that, the media will eat you alive.

You discredit the media first. Then you discredit the women.

Which is exactly what is happening.

Trump has successfully been selling expensive high-prestige items things like hotel space and golf club memberships to the affluent, and he's been selling a top-rated reality TV show to average Americans for years. And he's done it against stiff competition. What's more, it's always been with his name as the brand.

Do these Clinton and media clowns now trying to smear him think he doesn't know how to sell himself to the public?

I'm starting to lose my respect for their persuasion chops.

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Finally the eggheaded idiots at The National Review did something decent.

Michael

Proof?  Evidence?  ......

Rachel Maddow beat Megyn Kelly in overall viewer rating yesterday (see here).

I guess when people want to see the man-hating wing of feminism to trash Trump, they prefer Rachel Maddow--the real deal over Megyn Kelly--the cheap imitation Social Justice Warrior.

Rupert Murdoch's heirs are doing just great in guiding their top talent.

Michael

Another Trump accuser turns out to be doing a publicity stunt.

Michael

WikiLeaks and more WikiLeaks!

Woo hoo!

Podesta Part 8

Hillary Clinton's private paid speeches to Goldman Sachs.

Michael

Whodda thunk it?

Jessica Leeds, the "bathing beauty" who implies she was so sexy that Trump octopussed her all over the first class section of an airplane 30 years ago, apparently had some real verifiable problems with Trump in 2007 and 2008. At least someone with her exact name, age and location did. :) 

She lost a property border dispute with Trump in 2008--he legally tore up a fence of hers that was encroaching on his property and replaced it to run along the correct border line. Also, she had a tree problem with Trump. Her shabby home was an eyesore for his Rancho Palos Verdes golf course and he planted trees to hide it so his golf clients would not have to look at it and consider it distressed property. But she wanted to see the ocean through his property and bitched about it in the press.

And the genius NYT reporters, Michael Barbaro and Megan Twohey, who did the Leeds story are still studying the Google search engine page so they can learn how to make searches. 

Read about it at The Last Refuge:

Does Donald Trump First Class “Groping Accuser” Have a History of Conflict With Trump Property?….

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I'll watch it later, then make some kind of comment.

I have to be honest with the OL people. Stefan is doing what he has to do and documenting it correctly. And he's getting a lot of hits on YouTube.

But I had to stop. I only watched 7 minutes of the video.

Stefan has a mannerism of suddenly jerking and frantically dropping his voice to an imitation whisper with a lift at the end when he quotes someone he disagrees with. He's trying to portray sarcasm.

It grates on my nerves like a jerk scratching his fingernails across a chalky blackboard or maybe imagining what it's like to run my fingertips through a box of double-edged razor blades. :)

I'm sure Stefan's video is very informative in all the right ways and I wish I could finish it so I can extract a few points and discuss them. But the style in this one is killing my focus and I can't.

Michael

As the saying goes, money talks and bullshit walks.

Trump Sets GOP Record for Individual Donors
GOP nominee draws in mostly small contributions from 2.6 million Americans
by Kathryn Blackhurst
15 Oct 2016
Polizette

From the article:

The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President announced Saturday in a statement that it has hauled in a a total of $360 million from a record-breaking 2.6 million individual donors.

The millions of individual people who have contributed to Trump’s presidential bid throughout the election season total the largest donor pool of any other Republican candidate in history...

Michael

The following fact is more subtle, but I believe it offers further proof that there is going to be a huge number of defections from Hillary Clinton once the voter is in the voting booth and no one is looking.

In other words, many of the WikiLeaks documents come from whistleblowers like Snowden, not from hackers.

Why should this be different just because it is Hillary Clinton?

It isn't.

Michael

I just watched the opening of SNL and there was a skit about the second debate/ The two moderators admit, they want and hope Hillary is going to win the election. I think Alec Baldwin who plays Donald Trump is better than the depiction of Hillary because Alec is funny. Trump is funny sometimes too. He spoofs and bloviates and that comes across well through Baldwin’s over the top portrayal. Hillary is shrill, over rehearsed and almost insane . . . and not very funny. So Trump wins.