Donald Trump

15 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... I just looked at my Google and Yahoo! news feeds.

Dayaamm!

To add to this, they just stuffed in a headline about John Denver singing "Country Roads."

Talk about throwing stuff on the wall to see if anything sticks to distract the public...

:)

Also, I detected a slight difference in tone at Fox. Earlier today I turned on a news show and there they were gushing about how many people were at a Trump event and chirping happily like little birdies about Trump.

What happened, I wonder, I wonder?

Also, there's news out that some of the Republican politician rats that jumped off the Trump ship after grandstanding have swum back on.

That didn't take long.

Michael

My biggest fear is not that Trump will lose from a bigger sleaze hit than before.

It's that President Obama will provoke a goddam war with Russia to influence the election.

Check these stories out:

Russian Government Officials Told To Immediately Bring Back Children Studying Abroad (Zero Hedge).

Putin orders all Russian children and relatives studying abroad to return to the ‘motherland’ as he ‘prepares for WWIII’ (The Sun)

Vladimir Putin issues emergency call to ALL Russians to return home amid WORLD WAR fears (Express)

World War 3 Threats Loom As Putin Orders All Russian Officials To Bring Family Members Living Abroad Back Home (Inquisitr)

There's a reason the meme Clinton's people are spreading is about Russian hacking. It's damage control for the WikiLeaks assault, but it's also to soften the American public up for military hostilities with Russia if Obama can figure out how to jigger it without blowing up the goddam world.

The Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, when CNN's Christiane Amanpour asked about a correspondence between the Russian feminist band, Pussy Riot, and Trump's own "pussy riot" (see here), he said:

Well, I don't know what this would… English is not my mother tongue, I don't know if I would sound decent. There are so many pussies around the presidential campaign on both sides that I prefer not to comment about this.

Michael

From an article called, All The (Potential) Presidents Men

For $5000 Trump might have learned about Sater earlier.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardbehar/2016/10/03/donald-trump-and-the-felon-inside-his-business-dealings-with-a-mob-connected-hustler/#396b534e1e02

"Trump talks about extreme vetting for those who come to our country. But that due diligence apparently doesnt apply to his real estate partners. From a Russian-born felon with past mob connections to a trio of Kasakh oligarchs who offered funding, meet the group who drove some recent Trump deals."

Asked if he was severing ties with Bayrock in light of learning about Sater's criminal background, Trump said: "I'm looking into it, because I'm not happy with the story. ... He changed the spelling in his name, so people trying to find things out about him were unable to."

The latter statement is questionable. In an internal Bayrock e-mailobtained by FORBES and dated almost three weeks before the Times story was published, an investigator retained by a Bayrock law firm revealed that Sater's past was easy to learn because he had simply added a second "t" in his surname ("Satter") while working at the company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Sater

In 1991, Sater was involved in a conflict at a Manhattan bar, resulting in a first degree assault charge and a short prison stint in 1993.[7] This resulted in Sater being barred from selling securities on the National Association of Securities Dealers (now called the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority).

In 1998, Sater was convicted of charges of fraud in connection to a $7.9 million penny stock pump and dump scheme through his employer, White Rock Partners. In return for a guilty plea, Sater agreed to assist the US government in issues of national security, working in Asia for the CIA.[8] He was ultimately sentenced to a $25,000 fine, and no prison time as a result of gratitude for service to his country. As a result of his assistance, Sater's court records were sealed by Loretta Lynch.[9] Several illegal attempts have been made to extort Sater through the use of these sealed documents as evidence from a corporate hard drive by former Bayrock Group co-workers Jody Kriss and Michael Chudi Ejekam, as part of a $1 billion lawsuit against Sater, Donald Trump, and many others.

2007 In a lawsuit, the manager of a proposed Trump hotel-condo tower in Phoenix alleges that Sater threatened to have a cousin shock his testicles, cut off his legs and leave him "dead in the trunk of his car" if the manager "disclosed to any party any of [Sater's] suspected improprieties and past criminal conduct." Sater strongly denies the allegation; the case was settled.

May 2007 letter from Bayrock's executive vice president, Julius Schwarz, to Bayrock's chairman saying "there were at least a hundred times when the deal [$50 million equity for Trump projects from a company in Iceland] could not have closed, among them because of the risk of discovering Felix's past."

July 2016 A year-old private lawsuit against Bayrock, Sater and others, filed on behalf of the state of New York, is unsealed by a New York court. It alleges that the group sought to launder as much as $250 million of profits on Trump projects out of the country to evade taxation and hide its true foreign owners. The attorneys behind the suit, Frederick Oberlander and Richard Lerner, now tell FORBES that new information leads them to believe that Trump misrepresented his knowledge and involvement, and was a participant in the schemes.

1 hour ago, turkeyfoot said:

From an article called, All The (Potential) Presidents Men

For $5000 Trump might have learned about Sater earlier.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardbehar/2016/10/03/donald-trump-and-the-felon-inside-his-business-dealings-with-a-mob-connected-hustler/#396b534e1e02

"Trump talks about extreme vetting for those who come to our country. But that due diligence apparently doesnt apply to his real estate partners. From a Russian-born felon with past mob connections to a trio of Kasakh oligarchs who offered funding, meet the group who drove some recent Trump deals."

Asked if he was severing ties with Bayrock in light of learning about Sater's criminal background, Trump said: "I'm looking into it, because I'm not happy with the story. ... He changed the spelling in his name, so people trying to find things out about him were unable to."

The latter statement is questionable. In an internal Bayrock e-mailobtained by FORBES and dated almost three weeks before the Times story was published, an investigator retained by a Bayrock law firm revealed that Sater's past was easy to learn because he had simply added a second "t" in his surname ("Satter") while working at the company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Sater

In 1991, Sater was involved in a conflict at a Manhattan bar, resulting in a first degree assault charge and a short prison stint in 1993.[7] This resulted in Sater being barred from selling securities on the National Association of Securities Dealers (now called the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority).

In 1998, Sater was convicted of charges of fraud in connection to a $7.9 million penny stock pump and dump scheme through his employer, White Rock Partners. In return for a guilty plea, Sater agreed to assist the US government in issues of national security, working in Asia for the CIA.[8] He was ultimately sentenced to a $25,000 fine, and no prison time as a result of gratitude for service to his country. As a result of his assistance, Sater's court records were sealed by Loretta Lynch.[9] Several illegal attempts have been made to extort Sater through the use of these sealed documents as evidence from a corporate hard drive by former Bayrock Group co-workers Jody Kriss and Michael Chudi Ejekam, as part of a $1 billion lawsuit against Sater, Donald Trump, and many others.

2007 In a lawsuit, the manager of a proposed Trump hotel-condo tower in Phoenix alleges that Sater threatened to have a cousin shock his testicles, cut off his legs and leave him "dead in the trunk of his car" if the manager "disclosed to any party any of [Sater's] suspected improprieties and past criminal conduct." Sater strongly denies the allegation; the case was settled.

May 2007 letter from Bayrock's executive vice president, Julius Schwarz, to Bayrock's chairman saying "there were at least a hundred times when the deal [$50 million equity for Trump projects from a company in Iceland] could not have closed, among them because of the risk of discovering Felix's past."

July 2016 A year-old private lawsuit against Bayrock, Sater and others, filed on behalf of the state of New York, is unsealed by a New York court. It alleges that the group sought to launder as much as $250 million of profits on Trump projects out of the country to evade taxation and hide its true foreign owners. The attorneys behind the suit, Frederick Oberlander and Richard Lerner, now tell FORBES that new information leads them to believe that Trump misrepresented his knowledge and involvement, and was a participant in the schemes.

Business "as usual" in New York and New Jersey....   It is just what is.

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Greg,

There's a little more from The Gateway Pundit.

RUMBLINGS: Top Paul Ryan Advisor Leaked Trump Sex Talk Tape to WaPo (Updated)

Michael

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/10/12/tmz_busts_nbc_on_trump_tape includes Hurds commentary on hypocrisy and the rejection of moral standards.

https://drhurd.com/2016/10/09/the-1-reason-not-to-not-vote-for-donald-trump/

Peter writes: "Belief with no proof other than mental aberration or hallucination, is nothing I would brag about, or claim as proof that you are successful due to some dichotomy or trichotomy such as one of *thinking,* *action,* and *belief.* Without a forth foundation (or chair leg) of *science* your tripod will topple. Your thinking is sort of like the science of multi dimensions, with time, height, and width, but with no depth. And I would like to add a fifth dimension of *humor.*"

I'm not bragging because it's not belief without proof. It's knowing by personally experiencing the objective reality of the consequences of my actions.. I have the proof in my own life. 

You listed:

thinking, action, belief, science, and humor

As a secularist you naturally left out the most essential ingredient: moral values. With your secular amoral list you could just as well be a Nazi... how be it a funny one. :wink:

Greg

The following video is from The Young Turks. A reporter interviewed a woman at a Trump rally in Florida. He was respectful, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was leading her on so later he and his pals could laugh at her.

However, because of her comments, it hit Real Clear Politics Video under the title, Obama Voter Turned Trump Supporter: "Obama Lied!"

The video:

Just to see if my gut feeling was correct, I took a look at the comments on the YouTube page. If you go there, you will read a lot of spiteful things about the woman. If you listen to the video, she was polite and so was the interviewer.

But they spew a lot of hatred on that thread. Here are some typical comments:

Big fat white dumb red necks EVERY WHERE. Grats on your "democracy" America ...

Less than a minute in and there is nothing you can say that would convince me that she was an Obama voter. ...

She never supported Obama if she watches FOX.  SHE lies. ...

"I love the poorly educated!" ? ...

The shot is absolutely packed with white red necks......... Fucking hell America....

there's so many fucking old people in this crowd. fucking old ass red necks who never seen an immigrant in their life ...

shes such an idiot ...

heres your sign , how can so much stupid exist in one person ...

There are spiteful comments to the contrary, too, and some decent non-hostile comments.

Even with the subtext, I appreciate what The Young Turks are doing. They are engaging people who think the opposite of them and being polite by example. And then letting people judge for themselves.

I hope they continue in this vein. Even though I can't stand many of their ideas, I will continue to check them out so long as they keep being objective (as far as their ideas let them, that is :) ). 

Emotionally, I get good vibes from these TYT folks. I think they are truly trying to be good people.

Michael

O'Keefe strikes again on Russ Feingold, who had busted his agent earlier and made a media circus out of it.

Feingold strongly implied that Hillary Clinton would shut down the Second Amendment through Executive Orders if elected. And, of course, being an insider, he was in the know...

Read more here from The Gateway Pundit:

O’KEEFE STRIKES AGAIN: Dem. Senate Candidate Russ Feingold Says Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns (Video)

For those still on the fence, don't forget that Clinton won't really do any of this. Nah... No way... She's an angel walking the earth... A veritable angel, I tell ya'... Besides, Trump said pussy on a bus...

Michael

Then there's this:

UPDATE: Bill Clinton rape protester beaten at Hillary Vegas rally

The video is on a tweet:

As the guy is tackled and beaten, Hillary Clinton, in her nagging voice, drones in the background:

"We care about bringing people together..."

You can't make this up.

Michael

17 hours ago, moralist said:

Peter writes: "Belief with no proof other than mental aberration or hallucination, is nothing I would brag about, or claim as proof that you are successful due to some dichotomy or trichotomy such as one of *thinking,* *action,* and *belief.* Without a forth foundation (or chair leg) of *science* your tripod will topple. Your thinking is sort of like the science of multi dimensions, with time, height, and width, but with no depth. And I would like to add a fifth dimension of *humor.*"

I'm not bragging because it's not belief without proof. It's knowing by personally experiencing the objective reality of the consequences of my actions.. I have the proof in my own life. 

You listed:

thinking, action, belief, science, and humor

As a secularist you naturally left out the most essential ingredient: moral values. With your secular amoral list you could just as well be a Nazi... how be it a funny one. :wink:

Greg

That's pretty good, Greg. You can read and understand.

Pewter

I am watching Donald Trump talk around 1:45 on Thursday October 13, 2016. Some notes I am taking. He is effectively talking about Clinton corruption including the criminal meeting with Bill Clinton and the attorney general for 39 minutes on an airport tarmac. That is a crime, because they were briefing Bill about any possible indictments and how they will squash the truth. The FBI? Truly great men and women work for the FBI and they are ashamed about their director and the failure to prosecute. The fix was in. They let her off the hook. Petraeus was destroyed for far, far less. This cannot continue. Civilization is at stake. It is Trump’s turn to give back to the country he loves. The cronyism and corruption must stop. Trump says he was part of “the club” and at this time only he can fix it. The dark cloud can be lifted. Our future can be bright again if we elect Donald.

He mentioned that he was leading in The Rasmussen Poll so I looked immediately. Well, whataya know? He is leading.

Peter

From Rasmussen. White House Watch: Trump Takes the Lead. Bottom of Form

Thursday, October 13, 2016. The full results from Sunday night’s debate are in, and Donald Trump has come from behind to take the lead over Hillary Clinton.  The latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch national telephone and online survey shows Trump with 43% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Clinton’s 41%. Yesterday, Clinton still held a four-point 43% to 39% lead over Trump, but  that was down from five points on Tuesday and her biggest lead ever of seven points on Monday.

Rasmussen Reports updates its White House Watch survey daily Monday through Friday at 8:30 am Eastern based on a three-day rolling average of 1,500 Likely U.S. Voters. Monday’s survey was the first following the release of an 11-year-old video showing Trump discussing women in graphic sexual detail but did not include any polling results taken after the debate. All three nights of the latest survey follow Sunday’s debate.

Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson has dropped slightly to six percent (6%) support, while Green Party candidate Jill Stein holds steady at two percent (2%). Four percent (4%) still like some other candidate in the race, and another four percent (4%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Eighty-four percent (84%) now say they are certain how they will vote in this year’s presidential election, and among these voters, Trump posts a 49% to 46% lead over Clinton. Among voters who say they still could change their minds between now and Election Day, it’s Clinton 40%, Trump 37%, Johnson 19% and Stein four percent (4%). (The survey of 1,500 Likely Voters was conducted on October 10-12, 2016 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Most Republican voters still think top GOP leaders are hurting the party with their continuing criticism of Trump and are only slightly more convinced that those leaders want Trump to be president. Trump has 75% support among Republicans, nearly identical to Clinton’s 76% backing among Democrats. He has 15% of the Democratic vote; she picks up 13% GOP support. Trump holds a double-digit advantage among voters not affiliated with either major political party. Johnson gets 13% of the unaffiliated vote, but like Stein is in low single digits among Democrats and Republicans.

Clinton continues to lead among women, while Trump has regained his advantage among men. Those under 40 still prefer the Democrat but also remain the most undecided. Older voters favor Trump. The older the voter, the more likely he or she is to be certain of their vote. Trump remains ahead among whites and has a slight lead among other minority voters. He appears to be making a dent in the black vote, but blacks still overwhelmingly favor Clinton. Ninety  (90%) of voters who Strongly Approve of the job President Obama is doing choose Clinton. Among voters who Strongly Disapprove of the president’s job performance, 89% prefer Trump.

Hillary Clinton jumped on the release last week of an 11-year-old video in which Trump makes graphic sexual comments to say it shows her Republican rival's demeaning attitude toward women. But Trump countered that Clinton was an enabler who allowed her husband, former President Bill Clinton, to sexually assault women for years. We’ll tell you what voters think at 10:30 a.m. Eastern today. Nearly two-out-of-three voters believe the economy is unfair to the middle class. Voters are even more likely than they’ve been in the past to say they’ll wait until Election Day to cast their vote. Only 24%, however, say they’ve ever changed the way they were going to vote after watching the debates between presidential candidates

both Trump and Hillary are in Banzai! mode.  It is a fight to the death (so to speak).

Thanks for the info Greg. Dismissed!

Ba’al wrote: both Trump and Hillary are in Banzai! mode.  It is a fight to the death (so to speak). end quote.

So to speak? You wuss. I just saw an article by RobertTracinski about “Wish Casting.” Meteorologist more frequently predict sunny weather on the 4th, and pollsters project their wishes onto the voters. You would like to see a cage match, but look at the weight and height differences. Of course she would go into the cage with a knife up her sleeve, and he would be so sure of victory he would get stabbed in the heart.

Which reminds me of paleontologist’s studies of Roman gladiators. They were way closer to five feet than six, wiry and athletic, and FAST. And since the ones that won the battles year after year remained to brag about it - we know athleticism beats height and body mass, every time . . . . unless there are artificial rules in place and a referee.

So, our match for The Presidency would need to be on an island with cameras set up. No referees or crowds. Just the two of them, after being searched for weapons. That WOULD BE boring. She probably could not fashion weapons or have time to dig a pit . . . he is bigger, fitter, and as far as intelligence? He is the more manually and perhaps even electronically savvy of the two. How much would we need to pay to see the show?

Peter        

I admit, sometimes I get jittery with the polls. But I also disparage the polls. I mean, after the debacle of the Republican primaries...

Anyway, Rush Limbaugh has always said something about polls that I'm seeing pan out. And I think I will do exactly like he says. He's said it before many times, but he said it again today:

Don't Be Depressed by the Polls Because We Don't Know What Will Happen Yet

From the transcript:

A.B. Stoddard is on Fox right now warning people, do not believe the polls yet; they may not be as predictive as they look.

. . .

Folks, I implore you to do your best here not to get dragged down to the depths of depression and defeat and fatalism.  Do not do it yet.  

. . . 

Don't forget, there is an undeniable truth in politics, and it is this:  Polling data is used to shape public opinion.  Polling data... Whether it's presidential races or anything else, if it's a poll, it is being used to make news.  Polling has become the mechanism by which the media can write their own stories, can set their own agenda, and make it look like they've got nothing to do with it.

. . .

Pay attention to the polls in the last five days.  That's where the pollsters will want to actually have it right.  And I'm just telling you, I don't want you to be surprised if we get down to 10 days and five days and these polls show a sudden surge by Trump that they can't figure out, they'll say.

They'll say, "Something's happening out there," to each other. "Something's going! We are missing something. What's going on?" When there isn't anything going on.  It's always been this way.

. . .

... all of these polls are being used to suppress support for Trump.  They are being used to encourage people to abandon Trump.  They're being used to encourage Trump to abandon his campaign.  Their purpose is to dispirit and depress everyone and convince as many people as possible that it's over, that Trump is a buffoon and has no chance whatsoever, all of it's a waste of time, they might as well concede now and you might as well concede now.  That's the purpose of it. 

The pollsters, about five to seven days out, is when they issue their last poll or the last two polls before the election. Those are the ones you really look at, because they are the polls their reputations will be staked to, and every polling unit at the end of a campaign wants to be trusted and reliable, they want to be shown to be right.

So if the polls a week out show the race much closer than the polls today show it, what the Drive-Bys will say is that there has been a massive shift in public opinion, that Trump is coming on strong. And there will be stories trying to figure out why, stories filled with analysts, analysis and commentary to explain where Trump turned the corner and what it was about and so forth. When in fact it may never have been as bad as they portrayed and it may never have required such a huge turnaround as they will say is taking place. 

I'm going to take that advice even with the Rasmussen poll today that says Trump is winning.

We are still in the stage where polls are used to make news and shape public opinion, not reflect anything real. A story without a little drama is no story at all, so I think with Rasmussen there is a big dip for Trump coming soon. It's storytelling...

However, about 5 days before the election, the polling companies have their own tails on the line. Their reputations are made and broken at that time. So those are the ones that are important.

Michael

Found this interesting today, "Nearly 100,000 Pennsylvania Voters Switch From Democrat To Republican"
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/10/12/nearly-100000-pennsylvania-voters-switch-from-democrat-to-republican/

Here is the article:

HARRISBURG (KDKA) – Nearly 100,000 Pennsylvania Democrats have switched to Republican since the beginning of the year.

What’s more: The Pennsylvania Republican party says more than 240-thousand new voters have joined the party since last November.

The state Republican party says that the surge in Republican registrations is nearly twice the number of newly registered Republicans compared to both the 2008 and 2012 numbers combined.

The party says the new numbers come from the Pennsylvania Department of State which shows that 97,607 Democrats have actually switched to Republican.

Numbers also show that 38,020 Republicans actually switched to Democrats.

“Enthusiasm is clearly on the side of the Republican Party of Pennsylvania this year,” Republican Party of Pennsylvania Chairman Rob Gleason said. “Republicans are making historic gains in voter registration in the Keystone State. As the last-minute registrations are processed, we’re confident we will see our Party grow even larger."

Since the November 2015 election, 243,139 new voters have joined the Pennsylvania Republican party.

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I admit, sometimes I get jittery with the polls. But I also disparage the polls. I mean, after the debacle of the Republican primaries...

Anyway, Rush Limbaugh has always said something about polls that I'm seeing pan out. And I think I will do exactly like he says. He's said it before many times, but he said it again today:

Don't Be Depressed by the Polls Because We Don't Know What Will Happen Yet

From the transcript:

I'm going to take that advice even with the Rasmussen poll today that says Trump is winning.

We are still in the stage where polls are used to make news and shape public opinion, not reflect anything real. A story without a little drama is no story at all, so I think with Rasmussen there is a big dip for Trump coming soon. It's storytelling...

However, about 5 days before the election, the polling companies have their own tails on the line. Their reputations are made and broken at that time. So those are the ones that are important.

Michael

You were not around for the 1948 election,  but all the major polls predicted that Dewey would win over Truman.  That is not the way it turned out.

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

You were not around for the 1948 election,  but all the major polls predicted that Dewey would win over Truman.  That is not the way it turned out.

1980 was the same.  Carter was expected to win, and Reagan blew him away.

As of this moment, it looks like Hillary's going to win big.  "Mandate" level win.  Me, I'm all in for Johnson.