Donald Trump

24 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump put reality on the table and the GOP couldn't handle it...

Watch him decline to debate opposite NFL football, refusing to let HRC hide the debates or let media spin it in clips shown the next day.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-debate-schedule-226464

If I was Trump, I'd say to hell with it. (Q: "Is Rearden Metal a lethal product of greed?")

The ironic thing is that Captain Khan was killed by Muslims and he was put in the line of danger by the American government.

But there his father and mother are in the media, ranting and railing against Donald Trump as if Trump killed their son.

What's worse, people are buying this crap and feeling morally superior for doing so.

But, as Merlin's linked article above shows, not all people are buying it...

I expect more pushback, that is until the next terrorist attack.

Michael

11 hours ago, PDS said:

Okay.

But here's the deal:   you seem to feel a need "win" every issue when it comes to Trump.    Something in you is unwilling to give an inch.   Your argument above was that if there is a terrorist attack in Rio, nobody will care how Trump talked to a grieving mother.   With respect:  no shit, Michael.  If there is a terrorist attack in Rio, people are not going to care as much about a lot of different things.  And this even assumes a US President can do something about terrorist activity in Brazil, let alone President Trump.  

I can assure you if the San Andres Fault cracks open tonight, people will also be less concerned with Trump's thin skin and/or his big mouth.   But that is not the point.    The point I was trying to make is that the man is supposed to be trying to win an election, and actions like this matter.    Not Hillary's actions.   Not Trump's actions a month ago.   No.  I am merely talking about Trump's particular actions with regard to a grieving mother.  

I'll give you an analogy.  I am a pretty decent poker player.   Literally.  Not metaphorically.  I play in expensive cash games, I've played in the World Series of Poker, etc.   I've studied the game of poker more than most. There is a certain type of poker player:  he is the guy that MUST win every hand.   He unwilling to throw away a marginal hand.   He "calls down" hands he has no business playing.  Small pocket pairs look like aces to him.  He goes "all in" way too often.    And he usually goes home broke.  

You have become that guy when it comes to Trump.    You see your best self in Trump.   Trump has awakened something in you that seems to have been dormant a long time.    This is well and good, assuming it is a wise thing to so heavily invest in a politician.  So you think you are building your chip-stack with this strategy.   Who knows.  Maybe you are.  I have serious doubts.  

In any event, I think I am going to join Steve W. and take a hiatus from OL until after the election.**

**If Trump happens to win, however, be assured I will come here bright and early to eat my crow-sandwich like a man.   :lol:

I don't think this is an OL thing. Robert Bidinotto has banned all political talk on his Facebook page--until after the election, for instance. But Jack Wheeler who hates Trump more than anyone has tepidly endorsed "buffoon" Trump over "evil" Hillary.

After Labor Day the SWHTF. I still predict Hillary won't show up to "debate" Donald on Sept. 27th.

There is a fraud--if it be one--that Donald might not over-come. All that self-financing he claimed he could do. He's going to have to put up--that would vitiate any fraud--even if he won't shut up. All the 10-billion dollar man needs is a lousy billion or two.

--Brant

3 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

I don't think this is an OL thing.

Brant,

Of course it isn't. The problem is that Trump is winning. Anti-Trump people are checking out all over the Internet.

:) 

To keep it real, though, just because a person shuts up, that doesn't mean he agrees. That means his mind is made up, he has given up trying to persuade, and he does not want to discuss it anymore. Also, since Trump is actually winning, he's pissed. :) 

If Trump were losing, I'm pretty sure the tolerance level would be higher and people like me would get lots of pats on the head. As you know, I won't shut up for anything. :)

I don't know if you like the following sort of thing, but here is a recent discussion between Alex Jones and Roger Stone. Both of them have access to Trump, so what they say is like a peek backstage.

Major takeaways:

-- An enormous stink about stealing the election is coming. Alex has defined it as a theme and says he is going to produce nonstop material about it. Trump will probably take up this theme as well.

-- In an ad for Roger Stone's book, The Clinton's War on Women, they used the allegation that Webb Hubbell is the biological father of Chelsea Clinton:

08.01.2016-07.39.png

:)

-- The idea of Obama declaring martial law is unrealistic.

-- The polls are being rigged in favor of Clinton right now. There's even a mainstream pollster complaining about it (Pat Caddell, see here).

-- Ted Cruz is done in Texas.

-- The amount of closet Trump supporters is enormous. One caller talked about his experiences wearing the Clinton Rape tee-shirt, lots of high-fives, hidden thumbs up, etc.

And a few other things.

Michael

Wolf wrote: I like the idea that Trump didn't win the Republican primary, he defeated the Republican party. end quote  

“Ah, ooh, Werewolves of London.” Damn. That is purty smart. What percent did Trump, trump, and what percent did he represent from the beginnings of the primary season? What shape will the Republican Party be in if Trump wins? I think it will more represent the Tea Party faction. What if Trump loses?

Michael wrote: The ironic thing is that Captain Khan was killed by Muslims and he was put in the line of danger by the American government. But there his father and mother are in the media, ranting and railing against Donald Trump as if Trump killed their son. end quote  

During WWII Asian Americans mostly served in the European Theatre of Operations for safety and moral reasons if I remember.  

At first, I gloomily thought we were back to the old Trump. Gaffs. Trash talk. Same ole crap that will keep him from getting elected because he is alienating voters. But maybe not. But I hope he stops shooting from the hip just to be safe.

Peter

Werewolves of London Warren Zevon:

I saw a werewolf walking with a Chinese menu in his hand
Through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
For to get a big dish of beef chow mein

Ah, ooh, Werewolves of London
You can hear him howling around your kitchen door
Better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night

Werewolves of London again
He's the hairy-handed gent that ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair

Better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out Jim
Hah, I'd like to meet his tailor

I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London

I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect draw blood.

9 hours ago, merjet said:

As I said earlier, Trump's response to Khizr Khan's speech should have attacked Hillary. See

Khizr Khan was tricked into smearing Donald Trump for some real firepower.

In hindsight, Trump's "question" about the mother not speaking had enough moral ambiguity in it so that he could provoke the couple--essentially backing them into a corner--anticipating they would attack him more.  And they did, and it starts to discredit them some.  "Trump has a black soul," "typical of a man with no soul," paraphrasing: "Trump claims sacrifices, he doesn't know the meaning of the word sacrifice."  What would the evangelicals think about Muslims making moral judgments about someone's soul?  Hhmm...  Keeping the context, these people are Hillary's weapon that she doesn't give a damn about, Trump knew it, so he provoked them some so they'd come back with a negative statement, so he could make some points against Hillary.

I agree with the article, Hillary employing these people is cruel.  What they need is grief counseling, not a microphone.  But the Khan's did make a choice to go forward with this, to politicize their own son's death and use strawman attacks, so when they get attacked back it's their own fault, they entered the political battlefield.

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The ironic thing is that Captain Khan was killed by Muslims and he was put in the line of danger by the American government.

But there his father and mother are in the media, ranting and railing against Donald Trump as if Trump killed their son.

What's worse, people are buying this crap and feeling morally superior for doing so.

But, as Merlin's linked article above shows, not all people are buying it...

I expect more pushback, that is until the next terrorist attack.

I think it's grotesque the Khan's are martyring their son for a cause he didn't die for.  That's completely dishonest, and they are going around making moral judgments because they believe they've achieved the ultimate standard in sacrifice.  These people come across as nothing but vulgar to me.

Edited by KorbenDallas
added context

36 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

That's completely dishonest, and they are going around making moral judgments...

Korben,

These people, specifically Khizr Khan, are saying Donald Trump has a "black soul." They speak in public through the patronage of Hillary Clinton and her media machine.

Check this out (Gateway Pundit yesterday):

Julian Assange: Hacked Emails Include Info On Hillary’s Arming of Jihadists, Including ISIS, in Syria

In other words, Hillary Clinton funneled weapons to enemies of the USA knowing that they would probably be used against Americans in the end. And that's exactly how it turned out.

And that leads to a moral question that is constantly debated by progressives about gun control: do gun manufacturers bear moral responsibility for the lives taken by people who buy their products?

Well, this same question can be amplified. Does Hillary Clinton, and the people who helped her, bear moral responsibility for the deaths of Americans (and others) caused by murderers she GAVE guns to and, at the time, knew they would kill Americans and innocent civilians with them? 

Now, let's get back to Mr. Khan and his moral teachings. What was that he was saying about a "black soul"?

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Korben,

These people, specifically Khizr Khan, are saying Donald Trump has a "black soul." They speak in public through the patronage of Hillary Clinton and her media machine.

Yea, and Khizr is a Harvard educated lawyer so he does have enough conscientiousness to be aware of what he is doing, and at the same time I don't think he minds being pushed around by Hillary and ushered by her handlers.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Check this out (Gateway Pundit yesterday):

Julian Assange: Hacked Emails Include Info On Hillary’s Arming of Jihadists, Including ISIS, in Syria

In other words, Hillary Clinton funneled weapons to enemies of the USA knowing that they would probably be used against Americans in the end. And that's exactly how it turned out.

And that leads to a moral question that is constantly debated by progressives about gun control: do gun manufacturers bear moral responsibility for the lives taken by people who buy their products?

Well, this same question can be amplified. Does Hillary Clinton, and the people who helped her, bear moral responsibility for the deaths of Americans (and others) caused by murderers she GAVE guns to and, at the time, knew they would kill Americans and innocent civilians with them? 

Now, let's get back to Mr. Khan and his moral teachings. What was that he was saying about a "black soul"?

Michael

I think it's going to take some time for Trump to reverse the damage Hillary has done---but at the same time, she opened a can of worms.  There are so many options for Trump.  And the problem with Hillary is that she's Hillary.

edit:  I am definitely liking Assange right now..

The following is "black soul" for real. (Gateway Pundit):

WIKILEAKS: Hillary Took Cash From Company Accused of Sponsoring ISIS

Mr. Khan can be excused for his grief, even when it is from 2004. 

He cannot be excused for being a fool-tool for nasty people.

Surely he knows what a "black soul" is. A "black soul" is someone like those responsible for the death of his son. And that wasn't Donald Trump. 

Mr. Khan needs to look at the people he is working so hard to benefit and pray to his Allah for forgiveness. May he never develop a soul as black as that of the people he supports. 

Michael

Just got polled by a call to my home phone. I answered all questions the opposite of what I was for or against. Had to do with elections--Trump or Clinton? Yep, I'm gonna vote for the PIAPS (Pig In A Pantsuit). I'm strongly opposed to building a "wall"--etc. (Actually, I am opposed to building a wall, but I'm trying to screw up the poll and they aren't after detailed philosophical nuance.)

--Brant

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Hillary Clinton funneled weapons

-- at the behest of Saudis, to arm Sunni special forces to attack Assad's army. Okay, some of them were on friendly terms with ISIS, but ISIS was primarily backed by Erdogan's inner circle including his son, selling ISIS-captured Syrian oil production, a black market operation with Turkmen and Turk border troops in the payola loop. Hillary and Bill's foundation got major money from the Saud-Kuwait-Oman-Qatar strategic alliance. It's important to the Sunnis that (a) Syria is destroyed and (b) Iran thwarted, so they can build a gas pipeline to Europe. Deep context is peak oil, plunging oil prices, weak global demand, and insane global overproduction of declining oil reserves. The Gulf is gas rich, but it's costly to compress and ship LNG -- worse now because Asian demand has declined sharply. That's why the struggle for Syria and Iraq is really a battle between the Sunni Arabs and the Shiite Iranians/Iraqis. Iran wants a pipeline from South Pars to Europe. Hatfield and McCoy feud. Russia intervened on behalf of the McCoys, a customer for Russian tech sales (nuclear, aerospace, oilfield). Assad is a pawn.

Some of the Clinton graft was referenced in erased emails -- sole reason to have a private server, duh! -- but a lot of this was arranged by globetrotting and verbal agreements, like Bill twisting Loretta Lynch's arm for a half hour in private, which wasn't supposed to be reported. Hillary routinely threw her daily appointment calendar in the burn bag for a reason. If she loses this election, she's going to end up in prison.

Hillary guilty.jpg

42 minutes ago, wolfdevoon said:

I disagree. I think the "grief" was totally fake, ginned up for a payment or career move. He was coached, no doubt about that.

Wolf,

You may be right. According to David Knight at Alex Jones, Khizr Khan is Muslim Brotherhood.

This is based on an article by Walid Shoebat: What The Media Is Not Telling You About The Muslim Who Attacked Donald Trump: He Is A Muslim Brotherhood Agent Who Wants To Advance Sharia Law And Bring Muslims Into The United States.

Snopes has weighed in that it is not proven that Khan is an operative of the Muslim Brotherhood (see here). But it did not deny that Khan had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, nor did it deny Khan is a strong supporter of Sharia Law. Unbelievably, the attitude of Snopes is that, although stuff exists proving Khan's ties, that is irrelevant because the stuff is old. Anyway, it's neutralized by the death of the son. They actually said this. The slant was slightly different, but the meaning was this.

My take? I don't know, although I lean toward probably true. The Muslim Brotherhood does a lot of work immigrating people and Wahhabism to other countries and it likes covert more than overt. Also, it seems like Khan is a Wahhabist.

Michael

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

it seems like Khan is a Wahhabist

I spent three months in Libya, saw women covered in black bags in 100F midday sun, rightless, silent, forbidden any kind of employment. Now compare Trump's women, his beauty pageants, nude fashion layouts. It's just that simple. Liberty or tyranny -- and Hillary's in the Saudi sharia payola tent.

I didn't like what Khan said in this video, "shame on him, shame on his family."  The video was Khan's first response to Trump, but in subsequent interviews Khan changed his tone and didn't send shame on his family.

I did some digging around and to a Muslim shame means something different than to an American.  Calling for shame is a serious thing to them, they are community based, and honor-shame and status are closely related---so when he calls for shame here, he's calling for a community shaming not an American "you should be ashamed of yourself."  I'm taking this kind of shaming to mean a stoning without the stones.  I grabbed that from here.

7 hours ago, wolfdevoon said:

I spent three months in Libya, saw women covered in black bags in 100F midday sun, rightless, silent, forbidden any kind of employment. Now compare Trump's women, his beauty pageants, nude fashion layouts. It's just that simple. Liberty or tyranny -- and Hillary's in the Saudi sharia payola tent.

Wolf,

Damn right. And you left out Trump hiring women for high positions and paying them well, not to mention helping them with their own companies. Trump celebrates women's bodies and their brains and he always has. 

It is inconceivable to me that he would ever engage in--or condone--an honor killing against a woman.

Donald Trump is an American man in the best sense of the word.

Oddly enough, those oppressed women in Libya you saw were living the good days for them. Now they are getting ISIS and God knows what other tribes... But, not to worry, Clinton has her blood money... She got hers while the getting was good...

Michael