Donald Trump

38 minutes ago, Robert Campbell said:

By the way, if Fox News is as pro-Rubio as is now frequently alleged...

Robert,

Really?

You don't think Fox was pro-Rubio once Bush dropped out?

Are you a Frank Luntz fan? In every prime-time focus group he did after each GOP debate, he showed how "the people" (from an "objective sample") conclusively determined that Rubio won the debate. It was only one after another after another.

Meanwhile, online polls the Internet over showed a far different story, one after another after another. The primary voting did, too. 

Do you want some other examples of Fox's Rubio bias? It's not like there is any lack of them.

Michael

Robert wrote: There's an excellent chance that our next President will go to his or her inauguration ceremony hated by a substantial majority of the public.  There won't even be a welcome to wear out. end quote

Before he croaked comedian Gary Shandling agreed with Robert and said, “I know! I keep expecting to hear Michael, Adam, Jon, and others say they are going to start wearing camouflage suits and sunglasses to avoid being labeled as Trump voters because DUH will be evident on their faces?  Until they enter the ballot box and say, “Hail Caesar,” and vote for Trump, they will stay quiet and hide in their duck blinds.  But seriously . . . am I allowed to say ‘seriously’ after that funny, over the top, running gag? Whoa. The teasing is getting to me. I’m feeling kind of woozy.”

Won’t it be ironic if each receives less than 50 percent of the vote without a substantial third party candidate running, and then after the election, world leaders send cryptic “Congratulations,” letters to Hillary or Donald? “Well done, Hillary. You didn’t lose,” signed Angela Merkel. Or, “Well done Trump. You won though you got fewer votes than Adolf Hitler in 1934,” signed Putin.  

Are the chances our resident Trump supporters will be saying Caw after the election? The last I heard Trump was losing to Hillary by double digits in the polls. He has hinted about it but what excrement will Trump come up with against Hillary? Would his campaign be PG or R rated? I’m just sayin’.

Peter      

Thanks to RobinReborn for naming this thread, “Donald Trump,” and not “Trump for President.” With this name, I feel more relaxed about lampooning him here on The Objectivist Trumpeter Letter.  

I just saw a cartoon in the Washington Examiner titled, “Let’s make America . . . eight (years old) again.” It shows Donald Trump with five caption balloons saying, “Our leaders are total losers,” “I have huge hands. Wink.” “But he started it.” “Let me spill the beans on the other guy’s girlfriend.” And “Muslims and Mexicans have cooties.”

Anybody but Trump until there ain’t nobody left but Trump.

Peter      

It can go XXX rated, Peter, I don't care.

"Decency" is how Hillary gets elected. All that "one shouldn't discuss such things" bullshit is how the monsters keep getting in. By prohibiting "going there" prohibiting the very language required to articulate an effective opposition to her, she can be elected. That prohibition, that expectation of "decency" is what she's always counted on and it's why she is terrified of Trump.

I'm sure that if we were in line at the firing squad, then you would you stop lamenting the descent into R-rated process, but it would be nice, better even, now. So please reconsider your opposition to Trump. And please reconsider your support for the sentimentalities that function on us as an opiate and only serve the forces trying to boil you slowly.

Jon in RioLinda wrote: And please reconsider your support for the sentimentalities that function on us as an opiate and only serve the forces trying to boil you slowly. end quote

I partially agree, Jon. I want to hear plain-talk and reason too. It would be refreshing if in the future I hear Trump roast Hillary in an oven of truth, hoist her upon her own petard (to be harmed or disadvantaged by an action of one's own which was meant to harm someone else.) It would be a joy.

But what turned my stomach was when Trump went after Heidi Cruz, a woman who has had bouts of depression and suicide, and to compare her with your model wife? That is beyond the pale or unacceptable, to those in Rio Linda. (A Rush Limbaugh joke about folks who don’t know anything. Rio Linda is a census-designated place (CDP) in Sacramento County, California, United States. It is part of the SacramentoArden-ArcadeRoseville Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the CDP population was 15,106, up from 10,466 at the 2000 census.)

You don’t care if Trump uses XXX references and language. Imagine the first candidate to be banned from the airways and bleeped. Is that WHO you want? A chronic sneerer? A fistfight with Ted Cruz? We can do better. 

Peter

No, we can not do better.

The left would attack vociferously and XXX-ratedly, if it served them, anyone the GOP nominated.

Anyone effectively attacking Hillary would be treated to everything under the sun. You suffer the unfounded presumption that there must be, somewhere, someone who could attack her effectively, use no dirty tactics when the left does so, but somehow prevail anyway. There is no such person who can do that.

Vote Trump.

Jon wrote: The left would attack vociferously and XXX-ratedly, if it served them, anyone the GOP nominated . . .  Anyone effectively attacking Hillary would be treated to everything under the sun. end quote

BUT Old Hickory Clinton will do it discreetly with undetectable proxies and her vast army of allies in the media. She will remain civil, sensible, and Presidential. Consider this Jon. You refuted my arguments without going all Trump on me. You are not like Trump. Now somebody we all know and love to scoff at, and disagree with their policies too, is: Joe Biden. He is a straight shooter and you always know where he stands. But he is not a vindictive bully like Trump. You can have honesty, articulation and toughness, without being a school yard bully and that guy, on our side, is Ted Cruz.

Do you have any idea how voraciously Trump will be attacked while Hillary remains cool on the sidelines? Trump will turn into a raving maniac. As Hillary will say about her victory and I make up: Any day now. I promise. It will be fun. Nominate Trump and I will destroy him so easily. We need someone as tough as Trump but stronger intellectually and emotionally. Vote Cruz.

Of course, Hillary will dread the Wrath of Klingon Trump. But she will cringe and then laugh all the way to the bank.

Peter  

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

It can go XXX rated, Peter, I don't care.

"Decency" is how Hillary gets elected. All that "one shouldn't discuss such things" bullshit is how the monsters keep getting in. By prohibiting "going there" prohibiting the very language required to articulate an effective opposition to her, she can be elected. That prohibition, that expectation of "decency" is what she's always counted on and it's why she is terrified of Trump.

Although I agree with your point in regard to Hillary, I think that Trump's remark about Heidi Cruz was neither necessary nor helpful toward the goal of keeping Hillary from being elected. I bet Peter's reaction is shared by others, that that's going just too blinking far.  Thus the remark might increase support for Ted Cruz, who I think wouldn't stand a chance of winning against Hillary. Of course now there's the "Has Ted or has he not been whoring?" question, which, if answered in the affirmative, might knock Ted out of the race entirely. Nonetheless, the sour taste from Trump's remark could remain.

Ellen

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

BUT Old Hickory Clinton will do it discreetly with undetectable proxies and her vast army of allies in the media. She will remain civil, sensible, and Presidential. [....]

Do you have any idea how voraciously Trump will be attacked while Hillary remains cool on the sidelines?

[....]

Of course, Hillary will dread the Wrath of Klingon Trump. But she will cringe and then laugh all the way to the bank.

Peter  

I think she'll blow it.

Ellen

If your wife has suffered depression and suicide attempts and you enjoy banging hookers and young, Washington-climbing women, then you can't run for President and claim your wife is your everything and no one gets to hurt her.

Thank god the country dodged the Cruz bullet.

(For her, I wish she would have, but at least we get to.)

2 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Although I agree with your point in regard to Hillary, I think that Trump's remark about Heidi Cruz was neither necessary nor helpful toward the goal of keeping Hillary from being elected. I bet Peter's reaction is shared by others, that that's going just too blinking far.  Thus the remark might increase support for Ted Cruz, who I think wouldn't stand a chance of winning against Hillary. Of course now there's the "Has Ted or has he not been whoring?" question, which, if answered in the affirmative, might knock Ted out of the race entirely. Nonetheless, the sour taste from Trump's remark could remain.

Ellen,

I somewhat share this sentiment (the whole thing is causing a crick in my gallantry muscle), although I completely share Trump's urge to counterpunch hard when the election is at stake. Trump doesn't ask for respect. He demands it and he enforces it himself. How? By making life absolutely miserable for those who refuse to respect him and/or his family.

I guess the reason I resonate with Trump's situation is that I've been the victim of way too many dirty tricks once I got in the limelight. (My family, too, when I was down in Brazil.) 

You see, nobody really cares about the insinuation that was made with the Melania ads. Why? Well, she's a slut. Just look at her all naked and stuff. She's a trophy wife. Rich. Has a powerful sugar-daddy. Probably ascended on her back. And so on.

Nobody says that, but in our culture, that's how they are reacting. That's what's behind the big fat lack of anger, much less moral outrage on anti-Trump people trashing her in campaign ads. Hell, when that picture comes up, you mostly get guys saying how hot she is. And Ted has his morally superior stance all sewn up with deniability.

It wasn't me... it wasn't me... It was that Liz Mair lady and she doesn't even like me... See? No hands!... Now let me do a John Wayne on you, Donald, and you damn well better leave my little respectable family lady the hell alone! (And don't forget the subtext in between the lines: Heidi's respectable, your lady isn't...)

And off people go contrasting Trump's crassness against Heidi, the poor little bullied, damaged, respectable, homebody victim of a life she didn't choose, survivor of depression and caught in the middle of a shootout. Frankly, after seeing the dirty tricks her hubby is capable of, that image alone sets off my warning bells.

Not that it might not be true. I think Heidi does have her vulnerabilities and my protector instinct comes up when I see her. It's just her image in this situation seems so pat. If I were into dirty tricks and calculating an image for my wife as I sent the dogs after the wife of an opponent, that is precisely the one I would choose for her.

As a weapon against Trump, the only thing that victim image of Heidi will not survive is if her hubby is a lyin' cheatin' horn dawg. Well surprise, surprise, guess what just came around the bend? 

:) 

Despite my misgivings, I wish Heidi well and hope my misgivings are wrong. It doesn't sound like it, but deep in my heart, I even hope the accusations of infidelity against her husband are untrue.

But I also wish Melania well.

Others may forget about her.

I don't.

I hope she isn't hurt by all this nastiness in the culture.

At least Cruz got a few votes out of trashing her on the cusp of the election, so it wasn't gratuitous. At least there was a payoff that he collected. (Oops... I mean someone trashing her... not him, of course, seeing how he's above all that except the collecting the payoff part...)

Michael

Now for some serious Trump downside. 

The Trump bogeyman is scaring the young.

That's right. Scaring them...

Our poor helpless college kids at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, can't sleep at night. Some evil person or persons have etched Trump's name in chalk in a few places on the campus road and buildings. Now the vulnerable kids fear for their very lives. They are worried sick and protesting...

(End of ironic tone...)

That's not hyperbole.

That's literal.

Even Bill Maher can't take it. He says he wants to "drop-kick these kids into a place where there is actual pain and suffering."

Michael

Here's a video for thought.

It's a bit unfair to show older video of Hillary against newer video of Trump, but taking that with a grain of salt, this is one way to make the case that there is something real to think about here. Meaning, Hillary's change was more due to political expediency than sincere belief. The problem is trying to tell which side--if any--is her sincere belief, her position before or later.

Michael

I swear, there's just not enough time to take all this in.

I came across a video that started out reminding me of a WSS-like mashup, except from a hillbilly pro-Trump perspective.

Hmmmm...

Let me check this out...

Then I started watching it and it turned out to be really good. It flipped the country bumpkin stereotype on its head well flipped. This guy knows more about economics than lots of eggheads I've read. And he's entertaining as all gitout.

I hope you guys like a Southern accent because ole' Joe Dan gets down on his.

And if anyone wants to know more about these folks, please go to their website:

Intellectual Froglegs - a conservative's guide to the galaxy

Michael

Anyone hear from God's messenger on Earth? 

Has Messiah Beck commented on the Cruz rumors?

A...

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

(the whole [Heidi] thing is causing a crick in my gallantry muscle)

[....]

As a weapon against Trump, the only thing that victim image of Heidi will not survive is if her hubby is a lyin' cheatin' horn dawg. Well surprise, surprise, guess what just came around the bend?

Yeah, the "gallantry muscle" is the problem from the male standpoint, and identification from the female. (I agree with your analysis about why there isn't outrage in the case of Melania.)

I'm starting to think, though, that the Heidi incident might boomerang - provided Cruz is guilty as charged.

Another example - there have been so many - of hypocrisy on the part of the Bible-thumping sanctimonious.

Ellen

Michael wrote: Our poor helpless college kids at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, can't sleep at night. Some evil person or persons have etched Trump's name in chalk in a few places on the campus road and buildings. Now the vulnerable kids fear for their very lives. They are worried sick and protesting... end quote

Bill Maher wrote in response: Better Ted Than Dead. end quote, and that's a real quote. It gets some laughs and maybe a few votes.

What is on our upcoming schedule?  

April  5, Wisconsin. April 19th, New York. April 26, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island.

May 3rd , Indiana. May 10, Nebraska, West Virginia. May 17 Oregon. May 24, Washington.

June 7, California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota.

The 2016 Republican National Convention is on, July 18–21, 2016. 22,000 people have signed a petition to allow concealed guns to be carried at the convention.

Peter 

Real Clear Politics is showing Trump with a slight lead, of almost 2 points, in the Wisconsin race.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

This ought to put the "Liz Mair had nothing to do with Cruz" situation in a new light. 

According to Trump in the video below, the Cruz campaign bought the rights to the Melania nude picture from GQ and ceded it Liz Mair's Make America Awesome anti-Trump Super PAC to run their sleaze campaign ad. (Expertly targeted to the right behavioral profile, too. I wonder there that data came from, hmmmmm?)

I'm sure Trump's claim will be fact-checked with GQ. If true, it kinda makes hash out of Cruz's protestations of innocence. However, intellectual property rights are not sexy for the public, so I'm not sure how this will affect the public image portion. I suspect very little. So his counterpunching has to do the heavy lifting with the general public to keep losses down.

Trump had good reason to warn all the campaigns right at the start that he was going to personally hold each candidate responsible for the actions of their Super PACs. 

And, in my view, he has great reason to counterpunch as hard as he can.

Michael

Ellen wrote: . . . . (I agree with your analysis about why there isn't outrage in the case of Melania.) I'm starting to think, though, that the Heidi incident might boomerang - provided Cruz is guilty as charged. Another example - there have been so many - of hypocrisy on the part of the Bible-thumping sanctimonious. end quote

I agree. Zero outrage over re-leasing pictures of Melania. It is cheesy though. The fact that our next first lady posed in the nude for a magazine is cheesy and the fact that a Trump basher recirculated it, is politics as usual. Melania and Donald KNEW this was coming, and already said, eff it, let’s use its release as a campaign issue. Get it out now and then fo’getaboutit.

But I don’t think there is any evidence of the malicious story about Ted’s hypothetical philandering is true. I wondered why Heidi Cruz was crying by the side of the road years ago and just assumed it was clinical depression, which may or may not have, an incident of Ted lying as its root (and rotten) base cause. We just don’t know. I despise lying Evangelicals so much that when I see them on TV I automatically think slime bag lying, hypocrite. What I do know is I despise Trump for taunting Heidi Cruz. What a disgrace. And that is why I say, anybody but Trump unless there is no one left but Trump.   

In the meantime, Cruz is picking up support. The RealClearPolitics poll showing Trump with a 2 point lead over Cruz may be a bit dated. I will show some more, recent polls at the bottom.

Peter

From RedState, March 27th, 2016 at 10:26 AM: A new California poll was just released which shows an absolute dead heat between Trump and Cruz in California. It seems increasingly likely that Trump needs to win California to reach 1,237; Cruz definitely needs it to even have a chance at 1,237. And right now, with Kasich still in the race, it’s a toss up. Per Politico, among likely voters, Trump leads Cruz 36-35, a statistically insignificant lead. Among registered voters, Trump leads 37-30. Kasich gets 12 per cent of registered voters.

From Newsmax: 2 Wisconsin Polls Show Cruz Leading Trump: Two new polls in Wisconsin are showing Texas Sen. Ted Cruz with narrow leads over Donald Trump in the race for the GOP presidential nomination.

In a statewide Emerson College Polling Society survey conducted from March 20-22 of 439 likely GOP primary voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.6 points: Cruz, 36 percent, Trump, 35 percent, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, 19 percent.

In a Basswood Research survey conducted for The Washington Free Beacon of 500 likely Republican primary voters, conducted on March 19 and 20: Cruz, 36 percent, Trump, 31 percent, Kasich, 21 percent. The margin of error was not available for The Free Beacon's poll.

The Emerson pollsters also questioned favorites in potential general elections matchups, finding that Cruz trails Democratic front-runner Clinton by just one point, and that Democrats in general scored better than their potential Republican challengers: Cruz over Clinton, 46-45 percent; Bernie Sanders over Trump, 47-38 percent; And in the Democratic primary, it was Clinton with a six point advantage over Sanders, by 50 to 44 percent, with Sanders leading Clinton among voters 18-34 by 67 to 29 percent. Older voters, though, favored Clinton by much larger margins.

In favorability ratings for Trump and Cruz: Men: 59/47, Trump; 64/32 Cruz, Women: 40/50 for Trump; 58/32, Cruz, Independents: 33/61, Trump; 48/44, Cruz

In Free Beacon's poll, Cruz's lead would go up a great deal if Kasich drops out. If that happens, 48 percent said they'd back Cruz, but just 36 percent said they would back Trump.

Wisconsin is an open primary race, meaning voters from any political party can participate, and The Free Beacon's survey shows Cruz with the largest lead he's had to date in the state.

All other surveys, reports Real Clear Politics, show Wisconsin is expected to be a crucial contest in the race for the Republican nomination, as Trump looks to expand his lead, Cruz clings to diminishing prospects to unseat him as the front-runner, and Kasich seeks to consolidate enough support to keep his bid relevant ahead of a potential contested Republican convention.

The contest will be an open primary, meaning members of any political party can participate. Seventy-two percent of Free Beacon poll respondents were registered Republicans.