Donald Trump

Heh.  

I'll just let The Donald speak for himself. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ccnUPIopK30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, hell. I can't resist.   He said that Clinton, Bush & Walker: "The System, It's All The Same."

At the end of the clip, he also said for the people of Iowa to please put him in first place (since he's in second there) so he can feel better.  

:smile:  

Michael

I just looked up Lindsey Graham on the net and on Wikipedia. He was an Air Force reserve lawyer for decades. During his last campaign his challenger, using a Saturday Night Live skit as ammo, called Graham the ambiguously gay Senator. He has never been married. No one remembers seeing him with a date, male or female. He adopted his younger sister when their parents' died. He seems like a nice guy. But America will want to know. Is he the first serious, gay candidate?

The Fox debate is Thursday August 6th at 9pm if I remember correctly. It will have the top, ten candidates using a compilation of the polls like RealClear Politics does. The other candidates will be allowed an hour before the big debate to look like losers. Isn't that ironic? If you look at past elections, who was leading in the polls this early in the process? I forget exactly, though I heard just a few days ago. None of them won. This debate will make our speculation and predictions a bit more reliable.

Of note, a lot of candidates like Graham and Perry, are using their connection to Trump to get some publicity. I expect the debaters will be hoping for a newsworthy event that is splashed all over the media. Will Trump be feeling as self - assured and omniscient as always? Will he choke under the scrutiny and jabs? It will be fun to watch what is Trump's biggggg asset. He makes politics fun.

And gentlemen? I don't see Trump as an Ayn Rand hero. He is Wesley Mouch.

I don't remember Wesley Mouch building anything other than a staff of goons. That Trump building photo looks like a painting and does not seem real, like the fuzzy Donald. Michael's proposed group of five would be better without Trump. I bid (like in a card game Bridge) Rand Paul at the top and no Trump. Cruz has been a good choice lately for Veep. I would like to see Carley debating Old Hickory Clinton if not in an official debate then over the airways. Just imagine the funny, lethal jabs!

That Trump building photo looks like a painting and does not seem real, like the fuzzy Donald.

Peter,

I did that too quickly. That was a building that never got completed in New Orleans.

Let's look at a "fuzzy" building that did get completed in Chicago.

07.26.2015-12.41.png

Except part of it now looks like this:

07.26.2015-12.47.png

I know for a fact because I see it all the time when I go to downtown Chicago.

:)

I can get pictures of a bunch of other completed "fuzzy" constructions by The Donald if you are interested.

:)

Michael

I just looked up Lindsey Graham on the net and on Wikipedia. He was an Air Force reserve lawyer for decades. During his last campaign his challenger, using a Saturday Night Live skit as ammo, called Graham the ambiguously gay Senator. He has never been married. No one remembers seeing him with a date, male or female. He adopted his younger sister when their parents' died. He seems like a nice guy. But America will want to know. Is he the first serious, gay candidate?

Oh come on Peter...name change required for this post, everyone "knows" it was:

James Buchanan - So the speculation on the 10 presidents listed until now has been anywhere from syllogistic at best to flat-out jokes at worst. This one's a bit different. If any U.S. president is recognized as probably gay, it's Buchanan.

Buchanan was the only president who was never married. He lived with a man -- Senator William Rufus King from Alabama -- for years. Andrew Jackson allegedly referred to them as "Miss Nancy" and "Aunt Fancy". When King left for a trip to France, Buchanan told a friend: "I am now solitary and alone. I have gone a-wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them." He was also recognized as being uptight and gossipy -- kind of like Mitchell on "Modern Family".

And according to this "tongue in cheek" article there are 10 other "possible gay Presidents" on it's list.

http://www.11points.com/News-Politics/11_US_Presidents_Who_Might%27ve_Been_Gay

That video of Trump as a pinada was funny. Those sales guys were speaking in Espanol but the sign had a Californian city name on it. Was it Van Nuys? Senor Trump is making the campaign mucho enjoyabla. My favorite Californian, Spanish sounding name is La Jolla. When I was a kid and a resident of The Sunshine/orange/Rose Bowl State we used to make fun of people who pronounced it as Lah JO-la instead of correctly as La Hoya.

I did like that Chicago skyline shot. That is a Roarkian building.

When I mentioned Trump resembling Wesley Mouch I meant in looks and mannerisms, Trump could play the part just as at times I have said he reminds me of El Duce.

I hope Ted Cruz makes it into the Republican debates as a first tier candidate. His scathing critique of Mitch Mcconnel was inspiring and I almost donated to Ted but I have decided to wait until after the big sorting out on Aug. 6th.

Mike,

Here's a short overview of the issue from Wikipedia that does not draw any conclusions:

The Trump Entrepreneur Initiative

I need to look into Trump University deeper before I can evaluate what happened, but I can almost be certain that things are not as simple as they seem on the surface.

At face value, after seeing a lot of this kind of thing (I study Internet Marketing), I imagine some disgruntled students did not get the real estate riches they imagined they would from aggressive marketing hype. Especially since the real estate market bottomed out. So they blamed the course and took legal action. Now that Trump is a serious contender for the White House, I imagine these lawsuits got a serious injection of support and money from Trump's enemies.

But I don't know for sure. After I dig (at some time, but I don't know when), I will present my own overview.

Apropos, some students suck at marketing and never get it. So they obviously fail. These are generally copy/paste marketing warriors who don't like to cultivate customer relations or use their brains. I have seen many them create scandals. I used to believe a lot of them (as there certainly are scam artists in the learn to make money market) until I started looking at their own work. They generally suck big-time. In the self-help world, it's not a law, but there seems to be suck to complaint ratio. The more a dude's efforts suck, the more he complains and blames it on others. :)

Michael

I saw an editorial cartoon depicting Donald Trump standing in a graveyard full of soldiers graves. The caption said something like, using Trumps logic about soldiers who are captured dot dot dot. And then it shows Trump yelling at the grave stones, LOSERS!

Heres a good Trump type joke guaranteed to annoy the many to amuse the few: A US Army veteran enters the Catholic Church confessional booth in McDonough GA.

He tells the priest, "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. Last night, I beat the sh*t out of a US flag burner and an Obama supporter."

The priest says, "My son, I am here to forgive your sins, not to discuss your community service.

There have been several opeds on the net giving Trump or his other debaters some tips on how to handle the other candidates during the Fox debate but I havent read them. Yet, I have a hunch the debates will bring some surprises no matter what the polls are currently saying.

I think Cruzs calling Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell (possibly, sort of) a liar has paid off with a new, money free, ad campaign gig. DOH! Ted Cruz is on the net imitating several characters from the Simpsons TV program. Its OK but not spot on.

I saw an editorial cartoon depicting Donald Trump standing in a graveyard full of soldiers graves. The caption said something like, using Trumps logic about soldiers who are captured dot dot dot. And then it shows Trump yelling at the grave stones, LOSERS!

blank.gif?_dc=1352406431blank.giflosers.png

You both have no clue that almost no one down on the ground in the real world took Trump's phrasing this way.

Moreover, there is a lot more to the POW issue and the Senator than most folks are aware of and that is another reason why the hoped for "blow back" did not occur.

A...

On a more serious note:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Veterans, please call 855- VETS- 352 or email address veterans@donaldtrump.com to share your stories about the need to reform the VA.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="

27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If I know Trump, this is not just to get marketing material. It's the first survey step for actually fixing things.

Michael

Jeb Bush gets some Democratic money in the Hamptons.

During a course of the lunch with his girlfriend, Kathy Qian, Sabin passed out copies of a magazine that features him and his 60-foot fishing boat, Above the Ground; said he gave to 256 charities; and mentioned the climate-change center he created at Columbia Law School ("a big one"). An ardent environmentalist, Sabin said he's encouraging Bush to become "the Teddy Roosevelt of this century." He said he's indifferent to the rise of big money in politics.

"I believe in free enterprise," Sabin said. "You earned that money, you can do what you want with it. I don’t have a problem with it at all."

Like a bad Frank Kapra movie, the author's Rose Colored Glasses snapshot is syrupy and sickeningly sweet:

But Lipper estimated that the crowd of about 70 at his event was almost evenly split between the parties, and virtually every one of them donated to Bush. Lipper, 74, said he introduced Bush as the candidate who will "bring unity and civility to the process." He was impressed when Bush started his visit by introducing himself to Lipper's kitchen staff.

Lipper's career in finance includes creating the Lipper & Co. investment management firm and advising Oliver Stone on the film Wall Street. He was also a key fundraiser for New York City Mayor Ed Koch, and later served in his administration.

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush said Sunday that many who illegally come to the United States do so out of an "act of love" for their families and should be treated differently than people who illegally cross U.S. borders or overstay visas.

da02c411-89ce-46a7-b45a-7bcd79ed1e37.jpg

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-27/jeb-bush-snares-a-democratic-moneyman-on-hamptons-tour

duplicate sort of

Trump on Hannity tonight:

1. Does not intend to run as a third party, especially since he is beating everyone else right now. However he will if treated unfairly (Republican-sponsored ads against him and so forth). He said Reince Priebus has been wonderful to him recently and if he loses fair and square, he would have no interest in running on a third party.

2. Not concerned about what Obama said about him, calling Obama the worst president in USA history.

3. On immigration: first secure the border while getting rid of bad (criminal) illegals. Then, for the good productive illegals, he would require them to go back to their country of origin and reenter the USA legally through an expedited process.

Sounds good to me, but then, what else is new?

Michael

Trump has great media people.

Want proof?

Look here. This one was fast.

Ex-Wife: Donald Trump Made Me Feel ‘Violated’ During Sex
Ivana Trump once accused the real-estate tycoon of ‘rape,’ although she later clarified: not in the ‘criminal sense.’
By Tim Mak and Brandy Zadrozny
The Daily Beast

That was yesterday.

Now today:

Ivana Trump rejects rape allegations, says she and Donald Trump are ‘the best of friends’
By Adam Edelman
New York Daily News
July 28, 2015

From the article:

"I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit,” Ivana Trump told CNN, referring to a Daily Beast report published Monday night in which Michael Cohen, a lawyer for the Republican candidate, defended his boss from a decades-old allegation that he once forced himself on his ex-wife.

“Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign,” she said.

“Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible President...”

Ah yes, and this:

07.28.2015-13.35.png

The point isn't that Ivana rejected the rape crap. It was that her rejection and her endorsement were out in the mainstream big-time in short order.

Michael

Watching the gotcha culture yawp and burn is a hoot.

Here is one CNN lady who says we should not trust Ivana Trump when she said her rape comment in the middle of her divorce was not literal. I guess she didn't follow the gotcha storyline. And, of course, Ivana added insult to injury by saying Trump would be a terrific president. The CNN lady didn't mention that part, but I can see it stung.

These idiots can't even get fellow liberals to agree with them. Here is Mika on "Morning Joe" blowing the gotcha bullshit out of the water. She did it to the Daily Beast gotcha warrior's face.

First the warm-up with others, discussing what a non-issue this whole thing is.

Then she faced the gotcha warrior after the commercial break. The comments of everybody after she got rid of him (overly politely in my view :smile: ) were totally dismissive of the gotcha.

Joe Scarborough said Tim Mak, the gotcha warrior, "walked into a buzz saw" with Mika.

Michael