Donald Trump

I am not perplexed. What about you? Why Trump, I ask, from the gut and the intellect? Trump the revenge candidate. The pissed off candidate. The you deserved it, candidate. The F you candidate because the Republicans are the same as Democrats. Damn it I’m tired of the same crap candidate, He’s the Tea Party Candidate. It’s time for new ideas, new policies, new blood candidate. I may not agree with him about everything but he is MOSTLY a Conservative, Constitutionalist candidate. I AM sick of politics as usual candidates and no one is a fresher face than Donald.

President Trump. Say it. President Trump. Expectation. Surprise. Glory. Vindication. He could be all of that. Please send 5 dollars, 10 or whatever you can afford, to Trump for President. Well unless Cruz, Rubio, or Rand Paul suddenly start resonating. Would any of them lose to Bernie?
Peter

Oh, and how many is a gazillion? More than a plain old zillion?

William,

It's just an expression. Even though it's stated as a made-up cardinal math expression, that's just rhetoric. The true meaning is ordinal and comparative of size.

In clearer terms, it means there are a few chattering intellectuals in the election arena and they have little relevance to the outcome, whereas, by comparison, there is an enormous growing nation-wide mob of unwashed low-information Trump-supporting masses and they have a lot of relevance. (Adjectives for producers sponsored by the chitchat insider class. :) )

That's my meaning when I say gazillion in this context, but who knows? I might be wrong... (I feel so insecure when I listen to pundits. :smile: )

Still, it basically means that the negative-opinion noise presence of the lip-flapping intellectuals in the media is not the same thing as the body-count reality we keep seeing at Trump rallies. Kinda like the reality-check the chatterers keep reminding us to keep in mind--that consistently high poll numbers are not votes and, more recently, that early primary states are not the rest of the country.

Once again, who knows? Maybe they will be right. Maybe the bazillions of excited Trump supporters will not show up and vote and only the media audiences of the intellectuals will.

For reference, a bazillion is more than a gazillion.

(batting eyes in a catty manner...)

:smile:

Michael

I wonder if Obama is going to start working for Trump's campaign. It seems like he is trying to gin up support for Trump.

Lookee here:

Iran, ISIS top social media during State of the Union
By David McCabe
01/13/16
The Hill

From the article:

Real estate mogul Donald Trump was the 2016 presidential contender who gained the most Twitter followers during the speech.

Politics sure makes strange bedfellows.

:)

Michael

Bedfellows. Cruz and Robertson. "A good duck gumbo." Ew.

And I love duck.

My sentimental favourite seems intent to out-whack and out-bozillion Jones and Farrakhan by pandering to Duck Inc's eleventy-seven zillion followers. In my dreams, I guess. This makes Trudeau in the Muslim and Sikh holy places look whack in a whole new way. Alex Jones said Trump or Die. I guess Mr Robertson must die. And Alex Jones loves Mr Robertson.

if you don't pee yourself watching this, you are not human.

Edited by william.scherk

I guess I'm sub-human or something - though I did involuntarily spew cherry Coke Zero through my nose twice while watching the video. :laugh:

I wonder how it's playing in Iowa. I know my brother-in-law will enjoy it, but he's already a Cruz supporter.

Let's see: crow for Trump, duck for Cruz...what would Rubio's bird symbol be? Chicken hawk, maybe? And Christie - he's gotta be a penguin, right? :wink:

REB

As a former show producer, I felt a sense of real pleasure at the following:

Donald Trump rips 'son of a b----' who set up faulty mic at campaign rally
By Colin Campbell
Jan 14, 2016
Business Insider (via Yahoo Finance)

From the article:

Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump blasted the unnamed "bastard" responsible for setting up a faulty sound system at a Wednesday-night campaign rally.

"And by the way, I don't like this mic," Trump said after criticizing US trade policy with China during his speech in Pensacola, Florida.

The Republican presidential front-runner then crudely instructed his staff to not pay the person responsible.

"Whoever the hell brought this mic system, don't pay the son of a b----," he said.

Trump added: "This mic is terrible. Stupid mic keeps popping. Do you hear that George? Don't pay him! Don't pay him. You know, I believe in paying, but when somebody does a bad job like this stupid mic, you shouldn't pay the bastard. Terrible. Terrible. It's true."

The billionaire businessman said he hoped the sound system was functioning for the packed crowd, but he kept hearing a "boom" sound.

"So we're not going to pay," he continued. "I guarantee you I'm not paying for this mic. Every two minutes I hear like, 'Boom! Boom!'"

I have suffered at the hands of stubborn-ass sound engineers who don't know jack so often, I really resonate with this story. These idiots fall in love with new gear, with a new theory or whatever, and don't perceive that the sound got fucked. They're too busy peacocking to anyone within earshot about how much they know.

Even the reporters were complaining about the sound at this rally so I hope Trump doesn't pay the son of a bitch.

Michael

Besides, I'll see your Phil Robertson and raise you a Loretta Lynn.

This Huge Country Star Just Revealed The Republican She’s Supporting For President

‘Coal Miner’s Daughter’ Wants Trump for President

Country musician Loretta Lynn to Trump: Call me

Trump and the Coal Miner's Daughter: Country Music Legend Loretta Lynn Endorses Trump

This stuff is going to start stacking up as the celebrities start coming out for their picks. Let's see who gets the most celebs.

:)

Michael

Victor Davis Hanson (Trump phenomenon: blame Obama):

Very interesting article.

Three, Trump is a nihilist, but he is a canny nihilist unlike any we have seen in recent campaigns.

In about a day, Trump wrecked Hillary Clinton's planned "war on women" talking points that had helped to win the election for Obama in 2012. Given the modern-day recognition of microaggressions and the implosion of onetime national icon Bill Cosby, a front-line feminist warrior like Mrs. Clinton cannot get away with enabling her husband Bill Clinton, a philanderer and accused sexual harasser.

"If Hillary thinks she can unleash her husband, with his terrible record of women abuse, while playing the women's card on me, she's wrong," Trump declared recently.

Street fighter Trump has an uncanny ability to spot these apparent contradictions. Jeb Bush is a good person who really was "low-energy." Trump's unkind label stuck.

Politicians really do pander in shameless fashion to big-money donors. Who better than Trump to know that? He claims he used to lavish cash on lots of them.

Trump does not play by any political rules because he has always made up or bought his own rules. Such a wheeler-dealer is no more bothered by an anchorman's raised brow than he was by a banker's frown.

How does the establishment derail an out-of-control train for whom there are no gaffes, who has no fear of the New York Times, who offers no apologies for speaking what much of the country thinks -- and who apparently needs neither money from Republicans nor politically correct approval from Democrats?

Nice find.

A...

As a former show producer, I felt a sense of real pleasure at the following:

Donald Trump rips 'son of a b----' who set up faulty mic at campaign rally

By Colin Campbell

Jan 14, 2016

Business Insider (via Yahoo Finance)

From the article:

Real-estate tycoon Donald Trump blasted the unnamed "bastard" responsible for setting up a faulty sound system at a Wednesday-night campaign rally.

"And by the way, I don't like this mic," Trump said after criticizing US trade policy with China during his speech in Pensacola, Florida.

The Republican presidential front-runner then crudely instructed his staff to not pay the person responsible.

"Whoever the hell brought this mic system, don't pay the son of a b----," he said.

Trump added: "This mic is terrible. Stupid mic keeps popping. Do you hear that George? Don't pay him! Don't pay him. You know, I believe in paying, but when somebody does a bad job like this stupid mic, you shouldn't pay the bastard. Terrible. Terrible. It's true."

The billionaire businessman said he hoped the sound system was functioning for the packed crowd, but he kept hearing a "boom" sound.

"So we're not going to pay," he continued. "I guarantee you I'm not paying for this mic. Every two minutes I hear like, 'Boom! Boom!'"

I have suffered at the hands of stubborn-ass sound engineers who don't know jack so often, I really resonate with this story. These idiots fall in love with new gear, with a new theory or whatever, and don't perceive that the sound got fucked. They're too busy peacocking to anyone within earshot about how much they know.

Even the reporters were complaining about the sound at this rally so I hope Trump doesn't pay the son of a bitch.

Michael

You're kidding, right?

The storm of punditry and media hoopla will begin raging at 6 pm EST, reaching a crescendo of wind, debris, soundbytes, talking heads and flailing limbs sometime after 9 pm. I am paying close attention to the North Carolina whoop-up because it is so close to the caucuses. This could be Duck Hunter's big night. Or he could be crushed by the Trump juggernaut.

The FOX Business Network (FBN) will once again live stream its Republican presidential primary debates on Thursday, January 14th, for free without authentication. The live stream will be made available to all desktop and mobile devices by FOXBusiness.com.
Additionally, FBN will debut its new website on Tuesday, January 12th. The site will feature an “On Our Radar” column that consist of social media and videos, which will be utilized during Thursday evening’s debates.
Bonus links:

If you take a strictly empirical view of the primaries, accounting for the establishment’s historical tendency to win out in the end, you’ll probably prefer the polls-plus model. If you think “this time is different” — or you’re a Trump or a Bernie fan — you’ll probably like polls-only instead.

Let’s go through the four races we’re forecasting so far:

Iowa Republicans. Before the new year, Ted Cruz appeared to have a narrow polling lead over Trump, but that’s less clear now, with several recent polls showing a small advantage for Trump instead. In fact, the polls-only forecast now has the race as a dead heat, giving both Trump and Cruz a 42 percent chance of winning Iowa.

Cruz retains an edge in the polls-plus forecast, however; it likes him because his Iowa polls exceed his national polls (while the opposite is true for Trump). Polls-plus gives Cruz a 49 percent chance of winning Iowa, to Trump’s 28 percent.

William,

Ah, come on, they're cute.

We're still competing, so everyone is on the bandwagon. Including some enthusiastic parents shoving their little girls into the limelight.

I wonder if this will keep up AFTER Trump is elected, though. And taught in public schools funded with tax dollars. Like a certain president we all know and luv...

Michael

Even a Trump-supporting pundit is at a loss for words at the size and nature of Trump's crowds.

And if people think this is about a personality cult, they don't understand Trump supporters. It's like the guy who talked to Rush Limbaugh said when asked what Trump could do to lose his support: become an establishment Republican. If Trump starts doing establishment Republican crap, his supporters will turn on him.

I know I will.

The personality and celebrity element is there, true, but this spirit is there way before that entertainment stuff.

Michael

I am glad you didn't just machine-gun me, Michael, for technical faults. I did check my links and thought I fixed the URL errors, but thank you for the repair. And thank you for giving me a mic. I am toying with recording my own punditry as the evening storms on. My memory tells me that the final two weeks before Iowa caucuses is when Hot Air starts to really blow.

What did you think of the pair of Nate Silver/538 analyses, assuming you did not merely check my links for integrity but also for content?

Meanwhile ...

Trump Has Ted Cruz’s Number | Thursday’s GOP debate might allow the Donald a perfect chance to take down his main rival.

maxresdefault.jpg

What did you think of the pair of Nate Silver/538 analyses, assuming you did not merely check my links for integrity but also for content?

William,

I'll look at them, I suppose.

I stopped paying attention to Nate Silver after he categorically said Trump had no chance of winning the nomination for the 6th or 7th time awhile back.

I started thinking of him as one more pollster on the establishment payroll paid to manipulate the public. More noise and no signal (except the subliminal message coming through in between everything he was saying: TRUST THE ESTABLISHMENT... TRUST THE ESTABLISHMENT... TRUST THE ESTABLISHMENT... :) ).

Nate Silver is a man who takes his paycheck seriously. More seriously than his reputation...

Because you asked, I'll read it and get back to you.

Michael

I'll read it and get back to you.

Nice. He is not Frankenstein.

My favourite moments of the Kiddies Table Argument were Fiorina being a high-kicking Trumpette on terror, borders, refugees, immigrants, force, might, Fear and Hillary.  Both also-rans kicked and shouted but failed. Rand Paul was kicking away in a paper bag somewhere, but nobody could tell. 

Fiorina kicked it high, higher, highest. Godface and McShouty are losers and they know it.  Angry shouting corpses. 

Neither of the shouty tan-booth Christians could say this:

<blockquote class="twitter-video" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina">@CarlyFiorina</a>: “Unlike another woman in this race, I actually love spending time with my husband.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GOPDebate?src=hash">#GOPDebate</a> <a href="https://t.co/pzy5fSIf5t">https://t.co/pzy5fSIf5t</a></p>— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) <a href="

">January 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And a nod to the maniacs among us:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina">@CarlyFiorina</a> on refugees at the undercard Republican debate <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GOPDebate?src=hash">#GOPDebate</a> <a href="https://t.co/UdNyF4evYw">pic.twitter.com/UdNyF4evYw</a></p>— Newsweek (@Newsweek) <a href="

">January 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am watching The Donald tonight.

Trump killed it again.

Right now, the Drudge poll on who won the debate has him at 56.5% and Cruz at 30%.

Everybody else is eating dust by a long way off (with Rubio only slightly better than the rest).

I would do a screenshot, but I'll wait until tomorrow after more people have voted. Only 159k people have voted so far.

Man, are some crows breaking a sweat.

Michael

Brilliant salesmanship...

A...

Yo compadre Cruz from a New York values voter!!

What was the "width" number again?