Donald Trump

A cute one:

Trump: Obama doesn't know how to make deals
By Harper Neidig
January 8, 2016
The Hill

From the article:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Friday said President Obama relies on executive actions on gun control because he doesn't know how to make deals with political opponents.

That's for damn sure.

He doesn't know how to make deals with Iranians, either.

For those who think in lists, this is a rich vein.

Here's a prompt.

Obama doesn't know how to make deals with...

Fill out the list. But be careful. You could be at it all day and be nowhere near finished.

:)

Michael

Michael wrote: I personally think most folks will continue to think the mainstream press and establishment politician class are populated by fools.
end quote

I am sad to see so many conservative pundits so continuously wrong when the evidence is before their eyes. Drop the wishful thinking guys. Michael mentioned that the polls are not votes but polls are evidence. If this were a football game, polls other than the uprights (poles) would not matter, but let's get our reality vision goggles on. Anarchy and Statism can be achieved at any time. Let go of the RINO’s. There is anarchy in our inner cities and Statism is THE reigning Washington philosophy of government. I propose we work for and vote for the most conservative and electable candidate, including rebels like Trump. Feel free to amend or add to the following list.

A Wish list for Our Next President.

Put an end to illegal immigration. Put an end to the immigration of people who will not assimilate.

Be more Reagan-esque. Be optimistic and cut the intrusions into our liberties.

Spend a lot, lot less. Decrease personal taxation. Simplify the tax code. Lessen corporate taxes. Do away with the death tax.

Keep our country as the world’s moral pillar but keep America out of foreign entanglements. Recognize our friends and allies daily. Stop all assistance and trade with tyrannical governments.
Peter

Notes.
In her 1962 column "Introducing Objectivism," Rand gave "the briefest summary" of her philosophy which included:

1. Reality exists as an objective absolute--facts are facts, independent of man's feelings, wishes, hopes or fears.

2. Reason (the faculty which identifies and integrates the material provided by man's senses) is man's only means of perceiving reality, his only source of knowledge, his only guide to action, and his basic means of survival.

3. Man--every man--is an end in himself, not the means t the ends of others. He must exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself. The pursuit of his own ~rational~ self-interest and of his own happiness is the highest moral purpose of his life.

4. The ideal political-economic system is ~laissez-faire~ capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as ~traders~, by free, voluntary exchange to mutual benefit. it is a system where no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force, and ~no man may initiate the use of physical force against others~. The government acts only as a policeman that protects man's rights; it uses physical force ~only~ in retaliation and ~only~ against those who initiate its use, such as criminals or foreign invaders. In a system of full capitalism, there should be (but, historically, has not yet been) a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.

In "Brief Summary" (1971), Rand said: If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest [e.g., capitalism and egoism] follows. This--the supremacy of reason--was, is and will be the primary concern of my work, and the essence of Objectivism.

"If you see 10 troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you ." Calvin Coolidge

Does isolationism mean evil will triumph? Donald Trump recently wondered aloud about our alliance with South Korea. He wondered, what are we gaining from that? Should we pull out there . . . and pull out from Okinawa or Germany, and everywhere else American troops are stationed? Many of Trump’s critics are worried he might get us involved around the world but from his speeches we could expect the opposite.

Pat Buchanan wrote on Jan 08, 2016 in Why Is North Korea Our Problem?
At the end of the Korean War in July 1953, South Korea was devastated, unable to defend herself without the U.S. Navy and Air Force and scores of thousands of U.S. troops. So, America negotiated a mutual security treaty. But today, South Korea has 50 million people, twice that of the North, the world's 13th largest economy, 40 times the size of North Korea's, and access to the most modern U.S. weapons. In 2015, Seoul ran a trade surplus of almost $30 billion with the United States, a sum almost equal to North Korea's entire GDP. Why, then, are 25,000 U.S. troops still in South Korea? Why are they in the DMZ, ensuring that Americans are among the first to die in any Second Korean War?
end quote

Is it worth spending borrowed money, to keep a presence around the world to curtail the influence of China and Russia? Just wondering.

I have splurged and bought five Powerball tickets for tonight. I think I will go get some Foster's Lager in the oilcans for $2.50 each for tonight's football games. Did you know that regular beer is around 4 percent alcohol but Foster's is 5.1 percent insuring a more mellow time. I have no predictions, but after two beers I will be full of it.

Peter

Who said, “If the art is concealed, it succeeds.”?

Was it Donald Trump, Ayn Rand, or Ovid?

Michael mentioned the Bush and Clinton head shakes. If you knew your favorite candidate's strategy would it be wise to explore the technique?

"If you see 10 troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you ." Calvin Coolidge

Does isolationism mean evil will triumph? Donald Trump recently wondered aloud about our alliance with South Korea. He wondered, what are we gaining from that? Should we pull out there . . . and pull out from Okinawa or Germany, and everywhere else American troops are stationed? Many of Trump’s critics are worried he might get us involved around the world but from his speeches we could expect the opposite.

Pat Buchanan wrote on Jan 08, 2016 in Why Is North Korea Our Problem?

At the end of the Korean War in July 1953, South Korea was devastated, unable to defend herself without the U.S. Navy and Air Force and scores of thousands of U.S. troops. So, America negotiated a mutual security treaty. But today, South Korea has 50 million people, twice that of the North, the world's 13th largest economy, 40 times the size of North Korea's, and access to the most modern U.S. weapons. In 2015, Seoul ran a trade surplus of almost $30 billion with the United States, a sum almost equal to North Korea's entire GDP. Why, then, are 25,000 U.S. troops still in South Korea? Why are they in the DMZ, ensuring that Americans are among the first to die in any Second Korean War?

end quote

Is it worth spending borrowed money, to keep a presence around the world to curtail the influence of China and Russia? Just wondering.

I have splurged and bought five Powerball tickets for tonight. I think I will go get some Foster's Lager in the oilcans for $2.50 each for tonight's football games. Did you know that regular beer is around 4 percent alcohol but Foster's is 5.1 percent insuring a more mellow time. I have no predictions, but after two beers I will be full of it.

Peter

If you want real hell in a hurry cut off South Korea from US geo-political sphere of influence and alliance. The US did that once before and got the Korean War. That was peanuts and the last time it was a real option.

The only significant thing about the North Korean military capacity today is not its nuclear weapons--it really doesn't have any (it's bluster)--or its conventional ground forces; it's its ability to launch thousands of high explosive rockets on Seoul in a continuous, on-going bombardment. That's really all the US is helping prevent. The whole thing is a dance. The Norks like to think they are dealing with a great power. Take that away and they'll have to up the anti to get the same ego-stroking result. (North Korea is run by a madman.)

--Brant

The following is not about Trump, but it catches the essence of what Trump supporters believe so well, I think it is instructive.

It is attributed to the comedian Jeff Foxworthy, but I haven't been able to find the original link. Also, one site claims it is not confirmed that Foxworthy wrote it.

Another reason I'm posting it is that this thing is all over the Internet, posted precisely by typical Trump supporters (granted, mostly the conservative type Trump supporters).

A Nation Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

If plastic water bottles are okay, but plastic bags are banned, — you might live in a nation (state) that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots WE DO LIVE IN SUCH A DUMB COUNTRY!!

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman who is confined to a wheelchair or a three-year-old girl can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE.

Big government people (all sides) are currently at a loss why no arguments from them seem to register with Trump supporters.

Trump supporters have given up on them as rational human beings--except when they want to promote their own power. So it doesn't matter what they say.

And if a person merely hates on Trump without seeing that this angle is core to Trump's appeal, they give up, also. It gets worse when a Trump-hater (but a good guy) uses the very arguments of the power-morons against Trump while ignoring this angle. It causes a total tune-out.

This is called discredit.

I don't think I've ever seen political discredit this acute and rampant in the culture before. Bush managed to get close (war and financial meltdown over cronyism), which led to the election of Obama, but he merely got it started. (Well, maybe not started, but he did get the ramped-up part kicked off.)

Michael

The art of the political deal. Who should Old Hickory Clinton pick as her running mate? Should she pick someone from a state she is sure to win anyway? Not unless they have national appeal. That rules out a lot of folks from NY and New England, and perhaps California.

A lot of names are being tossed around and here are a few. Mark Warner Virginia, Andrew Cuomo of NY, Dianne Feinstein California, Al Franken Minnesota, Tammy Baldwin Wisconsin, Julian Castro Texas, Kirsten Gillibrand New York, Joseph P. Kennedy III Mass, John Kerry Mass, Bob Menendez New Jersey, Mary Landrieu Louisiana, Jack Markell Delaware, Janet Napolitano Arizona, Nancy Pelosi California, Colin Powell New York, Chuck Schumer New York, Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts, Oprah Winfrey Mississippi.

Yes. Oprah Winfrey. She would be my Machiavellian choice. Think about it.
Peter

Are any of those statements completely false?

Also, again Peter, do not be so sure that Evita is going to be the nominee.

Sanders is tied in Iowa and ahead in New Hampshire...remember Satchel Paige's alleged advise, "Never look behind you because someone could be gaining on you!"

A...

This is Donald Trump in Vegas in 2011. He has since upped the ante for the Chinese import tariff.

-How does a giant 45% tariff on all the cheap Chinese goods you buy sound?

Here is Cruz showing his compassionate Christian side:

A President Trump apparently would get on the blower with the Oregon armed campers, maybe to tell them, fuck no, they are not going to get any French Vanilla Creamers:

On Saturday, Ammon Bundy's mother, Carol Bundy, sent an email to supporters asking them to send her son's group supplies from a list of more than 80 items, including sleeping bags, wool socks, cigarettes, toiletries, food, coffee and "French Vanilla Creamer."

President Trump would directly negotiate with people who are illegally occupying federal property?

This is kind of awkward for everyone. Guess who?

2016_01_10_11_50_23_Real_Clear_Politics_

In other news of the bizarre ...

Adam wrote: Are any of those statements completely false?
end quote

NO. Yes. Sometimes. I kid around. But as far as Oprah, as Evita’s running mate I am completely almost seriously right. Billionaire. Smart. Great speech giver. Philanthropist. Non politician. TV star. Hugely popular. Producer and builder. harpO has amazing similarities to Trump.

In addition, Okra would handily garner 65 percent of the women’s vote, 75 percent of the gay vote, and 99.8 percent of the Black vote. She does not have as many skeletons in her closet as Trump.

Case closed. Truthiness. Word.
Peter

The fact that she is an anti-white bigot does not matter to you?

Bill Whittle and Stefan Molyneux cheer on Donald Trump:  "How Western Civilization Can Be Destroyed"

I agree with them that if Donald Trump manages to destroy the lw medias ironclad grip on political discourse that would be a very good thing.  Great conversation with many good points.  Kind of long...I'm only half way through.

Mike,

I watched it.

Let me embed the video as this was one great talk.

I'm not a big Molyneux fan, but he gets Trump in the same manner I do. Who knows? Maybe he is getting better as he matures. :smile:

I was surprised that Bill Whittle didn't know Trump went to Wharton and was as smart as he is. Whittle started out the way I have seen a lot of Trump supporters do. He started by saying a disparaging comment or other against Trump just for bonding purposes, but as the conversation went on, he let emerge the true sense of his admiration for Trump.

I don't have much resonance with this PC tendency, so I went ahead and came out enthusiastically for Trump right in the beginning. Both of those guys argued the same things I have been saying all during this very thread. So I'm delighted with this talk, including the other topics--especially Bill's comments on Booker T. Washington, which were on a wow level. (This last deserves its own discussion.)

But this a Trump thread and it's all finally coming out in the open about him.

I love it.

:smile:

Michael

metoo.png

Least said, soonest mended.

150+

At last count, our fearless leader has suggested an embarrassing eat-my-words, eat-my-hat ordeal awaiting WSS and Marc (and now I guess Roger), for predictions that Trump Will Not Win The GOP Nomination. Awaiting Ordeal Mentions: 150+. You Will Eat Crow, heh heh. Perhaps one magic day someone will make a cute list of all the mentions. MSK makes a crow mention on average every thirteenth page. This could be a while. Like I said, I am going to get excited somewhere in the neighbourhood of March 15th, near the intersection of Magic Number Avenue and Winner-take-Most Boulevard.

As the intersection approaches in both temporal and psychological terms, I will see the earliest signs. I will see no diminution of Trump state-by-state rolling poll averages after the first two state tally results sink in. I will see him take every last freaking delegate from South Carolina if the slate is not decluttered. I might start salivating around then, but I think I can put my tongue back in my mouth and not have a TrumpGasm.

Some folks not writing in this thread may have their druthers and their own predictions; they can predict how many crows need be slaughtered to feed Michael should his favoured candidate fall short at any point.

Another take on crow is not in the eating, but in the crowing itself, the human behaviour. Crowing is in context a kind of perhaps over-enthusiastic trumpeting of one's own competence and superiority:

(of a person) make a sound expressing a feeling of happiness or triumph.

"Ruby crowed with delight"

synonyms:

boast, brag, trumpet, swagger, swank, gloat, show off, preen oneself, sing one's own praises; More

I raise my lonely objection to the repetition. You will eat crow. Crow will be eaten. Crows will be cooked. Crows in a pie. Crows on a plate. Crows with BBQ sauce and pickles. Deep-fried, Iowa State Fair style, on a stick. It worked the first time, and the 80th time, at least for me. I laughed every time, it was so fresh and clever. Crow, crow crow, and crow. Good stuff.

Then I kind of tapered off. Thus my acerbic comments every 25th iteration of the Trope of Tropes.

There is a fun kind of ritual humiliation surrounding winning-losing play-off team mayors and sometimes premiers in Canada. So the two 'bettor' leaders stand a formal bet -- they will at the least be obliged to wear the colours or gear of the winner for media hoopla, and also sometimes lay out hard charity cash, or show their hairy bellies. It is always in the spirit of good sportsmanship and being good losers.

I am sure there are similar rivalries, head-shaving, jersey-wearing, cancer-clinic funding, good sports.

So, just to say that I am certainly down for a public show of Wrong, Sorry, You Lost. I will happily participate. I will wear a garment emblazoned with the name/logo/slogan, and take pictures and lay down some verbal 'explanations' for how I could have been so wrong, so wrong, so sadly wrong.

So, get ready to see William Scott Scherk in a Trump ball cap and T-shirt. Right around Magic Number Day or when my inner wonk tells me the game is over.

I will at that moment of my choice also eat a slice of Humble Pie, a portion of Crow Meat in proportion to my own Crowing, and I will drink a small bitter vial full of my own confident prognoses -- from this very thread! I will eat my woids.

If and when the opposite event might fall upon our fearless leader, I think I would expect his office to release a small statement for the media. WE WUZ RAWBED. But I am probably Wrong, wrong, sadly wrong, just not understanding Trump People.

(for the visually-impaired)

As for Molyneux and guest, the video had no subtitles, which is a drag. I would rather read words than to hear an unbroken recording of a conversation. So, I bailed on the two gentlement around the five minute mark, after "Do I miss my Patriarchy?" and the smug assumption that rape in Europe is revealed as a Dark People Thing.

Molyneux's cultishness is one thing. His Trumpism is another. I will inform myself on the danger of his cult, but what is the pith of this hour-long and more convo? Why should I invest brain time in this? Edited by william.scherk

Here's an establishment guy crying uncle--Alex Castellanos, a heavy hitter power insider with Bob Dole, Bush the Younger, Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush.

This guy was all over the news awhile back gloating about how he was going to take out Trump. He set up a special fund just for that purpose.

So how many takers did he garner?

How many dollars came in?

Heh.

Zero.

Not one.

Michael

Adam wrote about Oprah as Hillary’s potential VP nominee: The fact that she is an anti-white bigot does not matter to you?
end quote

What are you talking about? I rarely if ever watched her show but the only thing racial I could find on the web was when she was discriminated against when she was denied entrance to a Paris store.

“The New York Post published an account of the incident that said Hermès staff failed to recognize the celeb sans makeup and asked her to leave — in part because the store had been "having a problem with North Africans lately."

You could make a charge of the same racism about Trump. The similarity between Trump and Oprah as candidates is remarkable. She would be greeted with the same initial skepticism as was Donald Trump, and then she would need to be acknowledged as serious as was Trump.

I am no fan of hers as I mentioned or Hillary but hypothetically if Hillary announced Oprah as her vice president NOW I predict her numbers would rise. Suddenly Hillary and Oprah on the stump would garner the same press and rally numbers as Trump. Do you not see that? If Sanders gets within a percent of Hillary nationally, Evita will call in the O-Team.

Not that I would want that. So I hope a draft Oprah call never materializes. Forget I mentioned it. Don't tell Hillary. Shhhh.

Peter

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
Yes, I come to bury Trump, not to praise him;
The evil that men do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones,
So let it be with The Donald’s campaign.

Or not. How many people will refuse to vote for Trump even if they don’t vote for Hillary? Here are some interesting clues as to how the campaign is going. Schlichter is no fan of Trump.

President Trump: Taking The Donald Seriously, by Kurt Schlichter | Jan 11, 2016 . . . . But, of course, Trump’s strategy is not a Rovian play to motivate the base to squeak out a 50% + 1 win, but to broaden the coalition by bringing in new voters to add to those of us who will pull the tab for any Republican – hell, any terrier, if it came to that – over the monstrous Clintonbot. Look for Trump to not only bring out working class whites left in the dust by coastal elites who look upon them and their concerns with contempt, but to make plays for blacks and Hispanics. Who says he can’t? Trump has something Hillary doesn’t – love him or hate him, he’s interesting. She’s human Ambien . . . . Granny Clinton, who has infested our politics for a quarter century, won’t change minds; Trump can because he’s perceived as new and fresh. Moreover, he has a knack for saying things voters are actually thinking, as opposed to the scolding nanny who seems perpetually on the verge of demanding we use our inside voices. And this is not an inside voice election year.
end quote

Uh Oh: FBI's Hillary Probe Expands Again, Now Investigating Public Corruption, Sources Say, by Guy Benson | Jan 11, 2016 . . . . The other attention-grabbing passage in Fox's exclusive report is the apparent confirmation that many agents and officials will be livid if the Obama Justice Department refuses to pursue an indictment in this case. These sources say previous instances of official malfeasance have been successfully prosecuted with "much less evidence" than what has already been gathered in the Hillary probe. If politics prevails, expect to see an avalanche of ugly leaks and recriminations from whistleblowers. Which would Democrats prefer: An indicted nominee, or endless questions and accusations about banana republic-style political fixing, under which their nominee was spared an indictment for transparently partisan reasons? Unpleasant options, both.
end quote

I'm wondering about this whole "eat crow" thing.

To eat crow means to be humiliated by having to admit you were wrong.

1. If you merely oppose Trump because you think he would be a bad President, how does his being nominated by the Republicans - or even elected - prove that you are wrong? Wouldn't that proof or disproof come only after some time in office, presumably after one or more crises were dealt with by POTUS, and we could actually evaluate (and by what standard?) whether he was actually a good or bad President? That's my position, and not only does that mean that my crow-eating day of reckoning is way more than a year down the line, but also that I can change my mind if I hear enough good things from the man (though I'm not holding my breath).

2. If you merely predict that Trump will not get the nomination because you think not enough Americans will want him to be President to get him nominated, how does his being nominated constitute a humiliation? It may be disheartening to see how many people have been drawn into supporting him, but how would it be humiliating?

3. On the other hand, as much as MSK has emotionally invested in all this folderol - with a tsunami of smiley emoticons and the rest - it seems that he is *very* vulnerable to potential humiliation. He seems like such a nice fellow. It would be a terrible thing if events transpired that put him at risk of having the lead role in a very distasteful DP video. (Ewww.)

REB

Alex Jones and Louis Farrakhan are in agreement with each other and with Trump. [Louis Farrakhan Agrees With Donald Trump on Refugees]

And I agree with them.

Double dog dayaamm!

Yeah, it's a foursome made in Heaven -- Objectivist Living, the Nation of Islam, Infowars, and Trump. Add the endorsement of David Duke and Cubic Zirconia and her sister Rayon Blend ... you got a consensus. Mind you, I do not think that the Trump organization is yet about to invite Farrakhan's zany hijabi jihad ladies corps to a rally.

There are so many things to like about Farrakhan. Not least that he is all snuggly with Scientology, and has a fine taste for racialist bombast and well-cut suits. And what is not to like about Alex Jones? I mean, there is not a 'false flag' or FEMA re-education camp that he has not mapped out. There is no Muslim Menace he has not warned us about. He has even warned us against the maniac racism of the Nation of Islam. Er, wait.

Shock Alliance: Farrakhan Praises Integration of Scientology Into Nation of Islam Theology, Says Whites Should Use it to Become ‘Civilized’ & to Avoid Being ‘Devil Christians’ & ‘Satan Jews’

Hmmm.

Of course, the narrow issue is Refugees. It is possible to get a TrumpGasm at agreement with Ban Muslim Entry/Deport Syrian Refugees -- it shouldn't matter where the agreement comes from, as long as you get off.

Like, I don't get off on Them putting Gay Frog chemicals in the water. I don't like that either, so I guess you could say I agree with Jones now and again ...

I looked at Farrakhan's comments in the Infowars video, and entered a zone of simplicity:

Our government has gone into nations with money from our Congress to stimulate the dissatisfied and then arm them against a government that is their government.

That's what America did in Libya, that's what the're doing in Syria and the blowback now is they have created a refugee crisis that is destabilizing the countries in Europe. So when Mr. Trump said we can't allow the Muslim refugees into America now a lot of people were upset with him but I know that hatred for America in the Muslim world is building.

As we told Mr Bush no Muslim leader could cause Jihad and have it stick. No Muslim leader had the power to unite the whole Muslim world, I said, but America's policies will unite those people against the west and it is happening.

So in this way Mr Trump I think is wise to vet anyone coming from that area into America ,because the hatred for America is in the streets now, so if those people are refugees and America feels I gotta let 10,000 of them in because America created the problem.

Now, if you let them in and you don't vet them carefully you might be letting in your own destruction. When we dialogue we correct misperceptions. That is what makes Trump acceptable to so many white people who now feel "Damn, I can't be myself now, I can't say what I really feel without paying a political price," so Mr Trump said, "The heck with that. I'll tell you what's on my mind, and that is freeing a lot of people that like what he's doing."

Farrakhan: Trump, ISIS Are Signs God is Sending Plagues Down on America

“Thomas Jefferson said it right, brother. He said, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that His justice can not sleep forever. Well his justice has awakened and all over the world, the nations are turning against America. America the great is falling right before our eyes. And that is why Trump is saying we got to make America great. How? When? Again, because she is not great today. People are not afraid of her. ISIS and ISIL over there, they want America to send some troops back so they can send them back in body bags. People are not afraid. The world has taken enough of America’s evil. So death is sweeter to some than continuing to live under white supremacy and under tyranny.”

Yup, the world has taken enough of America's evil, says the Koran-toting, Hijabi-enforcing, Sharia-loving Minister of I Want A Racially Separate Nation of Crazy Black Muslims. We got enough American white supremacy evil, so let's keep out fleeing victims of war, especially Muslims, because I am a Muslim and I follow Dianetics.

From Thetans and Bowties | The Mothership of All Alliances: Scientology and the Nation of Islam

However, there are some striking theological overlaps that might help explain how Farrakhan came to adopt a religion invented by a white man. There is, of course, the attachment to science fiction: Scientologists believe in an alien dictator, Xenu; the Nation holds that the white race was created by a mad scientist named Yakub. More significantly, though, at the core of both religions is a never-ending pursuit of a better self. In the case of Scientology, that best self is “clear” of residual traumas buried in the subconscious. In the Nation, that self is free of the hang-ups of white culture that black people have internalized to their detriment. Scientology, Farrakhan seems to believe, provides a new path toward black empowerment. “I’ve found something in the teaching of Dianetics, of Mr. L. Ron Hubbard, that I saw could bring up from the depth of our subconscious mind things that we would prefer to lie dormant,” he said to his Chicago congregation in early summer. “How could I see something that valuable and know the hurt and sickness of my people and not offer it to them?”

2a8fc088515b08423f5e59b7cdd550c7159c3c0e

Hijab + Scientology! "No, we are not nuns."

-- and finally, Alex Jones's earlier address to Farrakhan. "You've got the globalists who are putting cancer viruses into the vaccines ... forcibly inoculating all the Mexican girls and all the convulsions they are having ... " and something about how he respected Farrakhan standing up for Kaddafi who was a reformer after all, and, well, it is good good shit, if you like Jones.

One more Alex Jones suggestion: Alex Jones: Is The Pope The Devil?

Post #2598 is almost too much to assimilate.

Rather than even trying to do so, I'll just make pose two questions:

1. Suppose (though it's much too late now) Farrah Fawcett had tried to convince everyone that she was going to marry Louis Farrakhan. Would that have been a Farrah Farrakhan con?

2. To be on the safe side, shouldn't we all Jones Alex, before Alex Joneses us?

REB

Michael's having fun and providing a consistent frame of reference. He's not going to be humiliated.

Steve Mizerack humiliated me--"I'll give you the six ball and I don't even know you"--in Elizabeth, New Jersey in 1983. That was the last time I remember. My face turned beet red.

--Brant

18 months later in Atlantic City, he was completely gracious and nice