Donald Trump

I think the most natural assumption is that the Space Force has been active for many decades, that we already have rods from god and much more, that we will never know how much $ or which line-item lies are really expenditures for it (so that our enemies likewise will not know,) and that all of it was, is and will continue to be paid for by taxpayers.

18 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I think the most natural assumption is that the Space Force has been active for many decades, that we already have rods from god and much more, that we will never know how much $ or which line-item lies are really expenditures for it (so that our enemies likewise will not know,) and that all of it was, is and will continue to be paid for by taxpayers.

Interesting!  So I Googled it:

U.S. Space Force estimated to cost $13 billion in first five years: memo

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-military-space/u-s-space-force-estimated-to-cost-13-billion-in-first-five-years-memo-idUSKCN1LX2GZ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force estimated start up costs for a proposed U.S. Space Force, a new military service backed by President Donald Trump, will be around $13 billion in the first five years, according to a Department of Defense memo seen by Reuters.

The Air Force, the U.S. military branch that takes responsibility for space, authored the Sept. 14 memo outlining a proposal for “a lethality focused organization that will field space superiority capabilities.”

[...]

The memo estimated that creating a Space Force will cost in excess of $3 billion in the first 12 months with an additional $10 billion needed over the following four years. The U.S. Air Force estimated that there could be more than 13,000 people in the new “Department of the Space Force.”

________

But the Air Force already handles these responsibilities, so Donald Trump is adding an unnecessary program costing taxpayers money.  What's the difference between him and a Democrat when it comes to this?

• Thanks 1

The USAF was part of the Army before it was separated into a new branch. Perhaps it will /does make sense to organize a Space Force under its own command structure ? 

The long term question is whether or not it is needed. 

I haven’t seen any push back from the ‘nonmilitarization’ of Space treaty perspective.

As to how is Trump different from the Dems/Left on this issue , we’ll have to see if he criticizes opponents of the idea as being racist or not.

• Like 1

A space force is a go force but concomitantly wipe NASA completely out of existence.

My late uncle started in the Army Air Corps and retired Air Force. Douglas McArthur as Army Chief of Staff in the 1930s did all he could to prevent the establishment of a separate Air Force and later called it the biggest mistake of his career.

Back then, however, air power was internationally on the rise. Not space power today.

--Brant

I would submit that we mere mortals have no hope of really knowing whether or not or to what extent space-based weaponry is being invested in and advanced, where, or by whom.

But we can reason indirectly: No one wants to be on the receiving end with no abilities in the giving end, so how could it be other than that everyone who can afford to try is trying?

3 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I would submit that we mere mortals have no hope of really knowing whether or not or to what extent space-based weaponry is being invested in and advanced, where, or by whom.

But we can reason indirectly: No one wants to be on the receiving end with no abilities in the giving end, so how could it be other than that everyone who can afford to try is trying?

You know, if we prepare for one imaginable contingency we may also prepare for one no one either expects or imagines.

But NASA must die!

--Brant

7 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean to communicate.

Well, NASA is a bureaucratic road block to the use of space.

Also, if you have space capacity such as big rockets you might be able to deal with sundry space invaders before it's too late.

--Brant

etc.  

Now NASA might be given the mission you will develop or acquire three operable class of rockets: Earth orbit, Earth to the Moon and Earth beyond Moon all capable of human missions. First we go back to the Moon then establish a Moon base, etc.

--Brant

let NASA  compete with private enterprise

1 hour ago, Brant Gaede said:

Now NASA might be given the mission you will develop or acquire three operable class of rockets: Earth orbit, Earth to the Moon and Earth beyond Moon all capable of human missions. First we go back to the Moon then establish a Moon base, etc.

--Brant

let NASA  compete with private enterprise

Establishing a moon base as a platform for mining exotic metals(or any metals) from asteroids would be an amazing endeavour.

As a species we should definitely focus on developing livable places on existing natural bodies and new artificial ones, away from Earth.

Energy is a problem to solve. Burning shit is very caveman and isn't going to work all that much longer on Earth. In space it means not developing new places to live and remaining limited to taking trips.

We need smaller, safer nuclear fission, if no other fundamental technological breakthrough can be reasonably expected (like small and safe fusion, or something entirely and fundamentally new.)

But even with the nukes we have now, I fail to understand why we can get them into aircraft carriers and submarines, but not on a city in Earth orbit, or on the Moon, or on Mars. I can see why it would have to be in parts, multiple shipments with on site assembly - but I don't see why not in principle. I suppose current designs assume limitless supply of cooling water, but I don't think the changes would be all that difficult, if some safety compromises were allowed. I'd do it, fuck safety. I'd get to be Martian. There happen also to have been some safety compromises to going to the New World and then to venturing out west, and yet here our lazy asses are.

We could put a city and launching facility in space. Craft bound for the Moon or Mars, etc. could be sent up in parts, assembled there and more easily sent on their way, being as they would already be in space, all the Earth-escaping fuel tonnage obviated.

The the what-if of material science that I love the most is a fundamental breakthrough in fiber structure and strength, if one in energy will not be forthcoming. The city could be placed at geosynchronous orbit, just like a DISH TV satellite, about 27,000 miles up. It would remain over one spot on Earth, at the equator. The new strong and light fiber would run from the orbiting city to some spot on the equator on Earth. Then things could be sent to the city and we could go back and forth to the city in vehicles that grip the fiber and basically just walk up and down at will.

It’s amazing how brainwashed and mentally incapacitated the idiotic leftie “Russian interference” holdouts are. 

The last, desperate Lefties still pining for evidence that nefarious Russian interference in the 2016 election swung it to Trump & "explains" The Witch's loss are now reduced to pinning their hopes on Russian troll farms posting memes like these.

This is an actual meme from the Russian troll farm, in which Jesus counsels someone addicted to masturbation: “Reach out to me and we will beat it together.”

Here's something I didn't expect.

Earlier this month I was in one of those dreamy moods I sometimes get in and going through Twitter.

Mike Cernovich made the following tweet:

I rarely tweet, but I was thinking about propaganda at the time. I kinda floated off into alpha and wrote the following:

Then I forgot about it.

Yesterday, I was looking at Twitter and noticed I had a crapload of notifications. What was that about?

When I looked, I saw that damn tweet had received over 400 likes, was retweeted 40 times. And there were a lot of comments directed to me, both supportive and pure snark.

Wow! I'm somebody! I got retweeted! Strangers talked to me! I got noticed! What should I do? I need to let this little bit of attention go to my head! :) 

I'm horsing around because the automatic neurochemical feel is exactly that at first. But It's all bullshit. That reaction didn't come from my audience. It came from Cernovich's. 

However, there is something of substance to glean from this.

If you ever want to increase your audience, this is a quick way to do it. First, find someone who has a large audience. Any venue is OK. I did Twitter this time, but any place is fine. Second, make sure a bunch of audience members are looking as you present something that is hot-button to them. Nature will take its course.

You will get a mixed bag, enemies and supporters, but you will get more audience.

I don't do this as a strategy because I don't want to yet. Later, I will want to. Then I will do it a lot. There are other audience-growing tricks, too. They are learnable and they all work. 

Michael

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

You win. Bye.

MSK ban my account as your site doesn’t have a delete account option.

Does our leader , MSK , even have the right to ban an account , of someone , for no reason except his own site not having a delete account option ? 

Not even sure if even one of those Democrat Judges would side with that. 

Jules ,at least stay here till Trump wins 2020 or at the bare minimum until we throw out PM Trudeau up here .

Please 

The President has his eye on the goings-on in Washington this morning.

Details of the delayed Flynn sentencing at Friends and Foes:

In New York,  a court will supervise the dissolution of the Donald J Trump Foundation ...

Edited by william.scherk
Sentencing delayed till likely March; added Trump Foundation news

Flynn:

And the most rational evaluation of the Flynn issue I have seen today

Michael

What’s happening with Flynn is not all that complicated, in principle.

The haters and enemies are being played and delayed while the real investigations proceed at full pace under their noses.

The President isn’t quiet about it, either, one just has to listen to him and think.

A quick reminder that he posted this a few weeks ago to his Twitter feed...

Oh, but that’s just “crazy Donald,” right? Right. Keep telling yourselves that, haters! 🤪

The Great Cleansing is coming and nothing will stop it.

DtEwcW2WsAADSP2?format=jpg&name=360x360

It's a good question, in context.  When will the treason trials begin?  In what venue will treason charges be brought against the eleven persons? At which point in the future will we know the answers, for better or worse?

I don't see credible signs of any treason trials happening soon. A gnostic belief is not evidence of much beyond hope.

That’s because you choose not to see, Billyboylover. You are willfully dishonest. You ignore every post made on the topical questions you just asked, then, a month later, you pretend nothing’s been posted - you pretend they’re open questions Jon and Micahel and Jonathan refuse to answer.

So, fuck off, you disgusting, lying, evading, piece of shit.