Donald Trump

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Mr Thompson and the Fake News ... read the transcript of AP’s interview

DprYzOIWkAAXJj1.jpg

Oh, no!!! Unnamed scientists have told the AP's reporters that Climate Doom is nearing the point where it can't be reversed?!!! Oh, fucking no!!!!! It must be true if scientists predicted it!

Hmmm. The left has been pushing imminent catastrophe for forty years, and the predicted doomsday continues to be pushed back each time that it fails to arrive, but that just means that it MUST be true this time, right?

And Trump's bumbling statement that Billy highlighted above in blue is even more proof of Climate Doom! Trump must be wrong because just look at that sentence, tee hee hee!

We'd better surrender all of our freedoms immediately to save the planet.

Meanwhile, the actual science that I've been requesting for years now -- repeatedly successful predictions of future outcomes -- still hasn't been presented here. Millions of pixels worth of snicker tee hees, irrelevant document dumps, opinions on top of opinions, but still no science.

J

Billyboy shit-for-brains has closed comments in his safe space, Arab Tyrants blog, so I’ll post this here,.

Wow, Jon actually believes fires can be started, can you imagine the stupidity? And he actually believes in “lasers” and directed “electromagnetic radiation..” Go back to your Buck Rogers programmming, Jon. Tee, hee, hee!

On 10/16/2018 at 2:13 AM, Brant Gaede said:

Rand's thesis is that the sanction of evil puts the potency of the sanctioner into evil. No sanction no transfer of potency and evil dies on the vine or it never gets going in the first place.

--Brant

That's true, I was getting at the idea that 'powerless' should not be taken to equate with 'impossible'. Evil is ultimately impotent but always possible, in short. Once defeated, doesn't mean forever gone. Since evil isn't a metaphysical 'substance' but is manifested in man-made (or man-evaded) deeds, the potential for it will always be here. The numbers of "sanctioners" who grant it its power - its oxygen -  by partially or completely rejecting their minds (reality and reason), will exist in every era, by default. On any scale, large or small, the abiding constant of evil appears to be the self-sacrifice and sacrifice of minds and lives (altruism) closely tied with tribalist, anti-individualist weight of numbers - collectivism. Physical force, i.e., further sacrifices, gets increasingly essential as the potency of evil among its initial sanctioners declines, so multiplying the effects of evil until the point it destroys itself.

5 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Billyboy shit-for-brains has closed comments in his safe space, Arab Tyrants blog, so I’ll post this here,.

• Like 1

Mexico deployed hundreds of riot police on Thursday to intercept a caravan of more than 4,000 Central American migrants, following demands by President Trump that Mexio, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador intervene before he has to deploy US troops.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-18/mexican-riot-cops-deployed-caravan-showdown-after-trump-snaps-fingers

Live on the campaign trail!

An interview with Stuart Varney of Fox Business News:

• Clinton directly aligned and forged a State Dept. partnership with Al-Qaeda and its extremist fanatics to overthrow, assassinate Gaddafi.
  • Clinton directly armed and commissioned known terrorists and publicly sworn U.S. foes with weapons in Libya, a secret reversal of U.S. policy and direct violation of UN Security Council resolution 1973, which called for a complete arms embargo on Libya.
  • Clinton and President Barack Obama together financed Al-Qaeda to overthrow Libyan government and stockpile weapons, including tanks and heavy artillery, which were ultimately shipped from Libya to “ISIS” factions in Syria and elsewhere.

https://truepundit.com/hillary-clinton-supplied-cash-weapons-tanks-training-to-al-qaeda-to-kill-gaddafi-weaponize-isis-in-syria/

Scott Adams has a thing for analogies ...

On 7/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, william.scherk said:

Richard Feynman, for example, was very fond of analogies for conveying science.

Eg, ? **   ["Feynman used analogies. I use analogies.  Feynman's use of analogies is analogous to my own. For the strength of (un-cited) Feynman analogies, please assume my own always have the strength and utility of his. Okay? Thanks.  I make good analogies. So did he. Fair?"]

Here's another example. If you were to try to convince fanatical Muslims to not throw a homosexual off a building roof, I doubt a gotcha would work.

In this analogy, when you say "you," do you mean me, or do you mean "one"?  If you were trying to destroy ISIS practices, I suggest you go to war, you use force, deadly force. Of course one could insert an analogy to cover a lack of knowledge or expertise in counter-terrorism ...

14 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Scott Adams has a thing for analogies ...

William,

Did you get the part where analogies are great for explaining new concepts?

If you didn't, rewatch the video.

And as persuasion, you will never reason a person into a position based on concepts he doesn't understand. You have to first get him to understand what the hell you are talking about in terms that are relevant to his own certainties.

A gotcha does not persuade anyone to abandon a long-held belief unless there are lots of other elements present that have nothing to do with the gotcha. (Like peer pressure, a grave injustice perpetrated on the person to be persuaded by the target of the gotcha, and things like that.)

A gotcha as persuasion merely reinforces the choir of the church the gotcha-dude belongs to.

Trying to discredit analogies as persuasion is like trying to ban vowels from the alphabet and write an intelligible book.

If this concept is new to you (and from your posts, it appears to be), is it now a bit clearer with my last analogy?

:) 

Michael

Heh.

Carl Bernstein: Trump preparing to call midterm elections 'illegitimate' if Democrats take power

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/carl-bernstein-trump-preparing-to-call-midterm-elections-illegitimate-if-democrats-take-power

Yeah. Remember when the idiot left, including Hillary, were panicked about their belief that Trump was going to contest Hillary's inevitable win? Hillary expressed the opinion that the certainty that he would do so was "horrifying." And then she did exactly what she was "horrified" that Trump would do. Is Bernstein similarly projecting, perhaps on behalf of more than just himself?

I thought it was cute when Rosie O'Donnell said the military should go to Washington and arrest Trump, THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF. Funny. Maybe it's Rosie "projecting" what she wants to happen. The military or police go to her house and arrest her so then she can become a victim in jail and a martyr. Hey. it's all for the cause! The cause of martyrdom, fame, and victimhood.  

I find lots to like about Ted. Especially since he did a nice job marketing Atlas Shrugged. -J

12 hours ago, Backlighting said:

I find lots to like about Ted.

Joe,

Good to see you. :) 

btw - Did you see the size of the crowd at the Trump Cruz rally? 100,000 wanted to get in. The venue only held 18,000.

Meanwhile, over in Nevada...

(Insert pithy comment about Blue Wave or something, but it doesn't matter. The image does it all. And Buzzfeed said there was a whopping crowd size of 2,000, see here. Obama called Trump a clever name, though.)

:) 

Michael