Donald Trump

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I think that is largely true.  It means we are  doomed to be governed by base people with poor judgment. 

Well, you're going to have to speak for yourself on this one.

--Brant

"governed" is a euphemism for "ruled"

7 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Well, you're going to have to speak for yourself on this one.

--Brant

"governed" is a euphemism for "ruled"

Are you not governed or ruled?  Do you pay taxes?  

15 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Good. (???) You admit you are ruled.

--Brant

it doesn't take much to enslave some folks

I pay taxes.  I guess I am just another serf....

Not a serf. You give your presumed consent by living here, paying taxes for services and not rebelling.

Peter

From: "William Dwyer" Reply-To: Starship_Forum Subject: RE: [Starship_Forum] Libertarian Nation

Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:54:21 -0700. Dan referred us to the following website for the "Libertarian Nation Foundation" -- -- which includes the following statement: "LNF does not try to influence government policy in existing nations. And LNF does not try to convince statists (people who believe in the state as an institution) of the benefits of privatization."

By this definition, ~I~ would qualify as a "statist, since I believe in the state as an institution.  Yet I consider myself a bona fide libertarian, because I oppose the initiation of force or fraud by anyone, including the state. Ayn Rand would also qualify as a "statist" under this definition, since she too believes in the state as an institution.  Yet to call Ayn Rand a "statist" is absurd, since she was one of statism's leading opponents. In fact, of course, the term "statist" does NOT refer simply to anyone who believes in the state as an institution.  It refers to anyone who believes in "a concentration of economic controls and planning in the hands of a highly centralized government." - Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary (1963).

The American College Dictionary, Random House (1957) gives a similar definition.  It defines "statism" as "the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty."  Here again, "statist" would refer not simply to someone who believes in the state as an institution, but to someone who believes in a state that has extensive interventionist powers.

The Libertarian Nation Foundation is distorting a legitimate political term in order, evidently, to advance its own anarchistic agenda.  But to equate ~any~ government with one that has strong centralized powers is intellectually dishonest or, at the very least, irresponsible. If Libertarian Nation Foundation does not believe in the state as an institution, then why does it call itself "Libertarian NATION Foundation"?  Isn't "nation" simply another name for a state?

I must say that based on my initial observations, I'm not favorably impressed by this allegedly "libertarian" organization, which regards the vast majority of libertarians, many of whom are Objectivists, as statists (i.e., as non-libertarians) simply because they believe in the state as an institution. Bill

Ayn Rand wrote, “The ideal political-economic system is laissez-faire capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as traders, by free, voluntary exchange to mutual benefit. It is a system where no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force, and no man may initiate the use of physical force against others. The government acts only as a policeman that protects man's rights; it uses physical force only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use, such as criminals or foreign invaders. In a system of full capitalism, there should be (but, historically, has not yet been) a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.”

The Preamble states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these rights are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

1 hour ago, Peter said:

The Preamble states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these rights are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness - That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

With Deists (like those who wrote the Bill of Rights)  Nature and God are nearly synonymous.  

8 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

With Deists (like those who wrote the Bill of Rights)  Nature and God are nearly synonymous.  

I think they were good men for any era. They paid lip service to Gawd, went to churches for baptisms, Christmas and Easter and got along with the theists . . . while they were thinking scientifically and conceptually. And I am probably the millionth person who on their own, thought the Big Bang Theory was just too much like Genesis. Yet there is no tie in to any creation myths which are found in every culture and religion. 

52 minutes ago, Peter said:

I think they were good men for any era. They paid lip service to Gawd, went to churches for baptisms, Christmas and Easter and got along with the theists . . . while they were thinking scientifically and conceptually. And I am probably the millionth person who on their own, thought the Big Bang Theory was just too much like Genesis. Yet there is no tie in to any creation myths which are found in every culture and religion. 

The Upper Management of the Roman Catholic Church  loves the Big Bang Hypothesis dearly.  On a metaphorical  level it squares with the Book of Genesis.  The Protestant fundamentalists and evangelicals  reject the BB hypothesis because they read the Book of Genesis  literally. To take the Book of Genesis seriously one must  regress to the prescientific  level  of thinking  that existed in Egypt,  Babylon, Sumer and Uruk  3500 years ago. In those days the earth was flat, had four corners (like a tablecloth)   and stood still while the Sun, the Stars and the Planets (five of them)  danced around the earth.  God was in Heaven hidden behind a starry curtain.  I have some misgivings about the Catholic  Church but I must say  they are  eons ahead of the Protestant fundamentalists and evangelicals in their conceptual thinking. 

Here is a piece of Irony for you.  The original Big Bang Hypothesis was published by a Catholic Priest,  Fr. Paul Lamaittre in 1931.   Einstein agreed with Fr. Lamaitre's  mathematics  but he said the physics was all wrong.  Einstein was in error as he later admitted. 

Here's how to make scrambled eggs out of current cultural narratives.

It's a total agenda clusterfuck.

From the AP:

Rodman gives Kim the gift of Trump: ‘The Art of the Deal’

06.15.2017-09.33.png

From the article:

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — Dennis Rodman has delivered a message from President Donald Trump to North Korea — sort of.

On Thursday, the former NBA player gave the country’s sports minister a copy of Trump’s book “The Art of the Deal,” a present intended for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

It wasn’t signed by Trump, who was Rodman’s boss for two seasons of the “Celebrity Apprentice” reality TV show. Rodman has said his visit has nothing to do with the White House.

It's nuts, but I love it.

I can hear the cognitive dissonance thundering and echoing from all over the world.

:)

Michael

On the good side, with all this investigation of made-up crap going on and the legacy media howling about it, I saw a person on CNN say something so telling, it was funny. I can't remember the person, but it was yesterday.

The issue they were discussing was President Trump's reversal of a lot of Obama's Cuba stuff. They were using the same emphatic tones on key words and phrases that disparage the president they always do (I swear, pundit posturing is now melodramatic in the cheesiest manner I have ever seen), one of them suddenly looked up with bewilderment on his face and said something like he wonders if this is President Trump making good on a campaign promise or merely continuing to take a sledge hammer to Obama's legacy. And the other nodded with an expression of clueless.

I keep suspecting that President Trump throws gasoline on the Russian thing (now obstruction thing) because he knows it keeps his opponents busy. It keeps them out of his way on the real work. Meanwhile, he is dismantling the rot and rebuilding America's government structure to serve all American citizens, not just the elitist parasites and their causes.

Michael

Here's another very funny comment from Rush Limbaugh. I'm going to go on memory for now.

Rush was talking about how President Trump is the world's biggest rock star--he pursued this and he won it. Rush gave a list of things that are not supposed to happen, for example his hugely positive reception in Saudi Arabia, the president of Romania saying they are going to be paying more into NATO because of Trump, and on and on and on.

The media keeps saying he will fail, he's a joke, he's finishes, etc. etc. etc., and the world keeps adulating him in growing numbers. Rush also mentioned that this irks the hell out of the super-players in the elite on the world stage. You can cut the envy with a knife. They want to be such a star and they can't pull it off. At least not yet. Not one of them has done so.

Yet President Trump did.

Then Rush said that Donald Trump is such a dazzling star, he even got Vladimir Putin and Russia to run his presidential campaign.

LOL...

I can't think of anyone who can take down left-wing bone-headedness better than Rush...

Michael

That was a good “take on things” from Rush. Persistent President Trump continues to do his job to make us freer and America great, but there is resistance from the “deep state” which includes some Republicans. I also agree the original Trump endorsed, replace Obamacare plan, was ill conceived, and I am glad that was stopped. But since then things could be going smoother.  

Peter

The next new musical!  Donald Trump   ---- Superstar!!!!!

“Where have all the flowers gone?” Peter, Paul, and Mary.

I attempted to tell a “sometimes democrat” how the left wing rhetoric, plays, and comedy acts were creating a toxic environment for political discourse, but they in turn quoted some of President Trump’s campaign speeches that could be said to encourage violence. They had a point . . .  but that was then, and now is now. After the mass shooting it seemed like the SDS and the Simbianese Liberation Army might be rearing their ugly heads again. Members of Congress are arming themselves and if the current hateful trends continue, a lot of us may need to be armed when and if we campaign for Trump in 2020.

Peter       

From Townhall. Liberals Got Their Blood, Will It Be Enough? By Derek Hunter Posted: Jun 18, 2017 12:01 AM: . . . . But the actions and words of leftists in the wake of the attempted slaughter of Republican members of Congress – for the sin of not being Democrats – has done nothing to bring about the moment of reflection one might expect from people with blood on their hands. Thankfully, the only life lost was that of the progressive terrorist who sought to embody the attitude of the media and the Democratic Party. But no sooner had the echoes of the shots stopped reverberating than that attitude returned.

Liberal journalists and activists took to their Twitter accounts to blame everything except the reality that their twisted fantasies came true. But it did come true. And all the editorials and proclamations in the world will not change that. Worst of all, the “paper of record,” the paper that sets the agenda for the mainstream media, the glorified birdcage liner that announced its new slogan this year to be “the truth is more important now than ever,” took the attempted mass murder as an opportunity to rewrite history for a second time this week. In the wake of a mass-political assassination attempt the Times ran an editorial entitled, “America’s Lethal Politics,” that attempted, once again, to blame Sarah Palin for the shooting that killed six and seriously wounded former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., in Tucson in 2011 . . . . end quote 

17 hours ago, Peter said:

Liberal journalists and activists took to their Twitter accounts to blame everything except the reality that their twisted fantasies came true. But it did come true. And all the editorials and proclamations in the world will not change that. Worst of all, the “paper of record,” the paper that sets the agenda for the mainstream media, the glorified birdcage liner that announced its new slogan this year to be “the truth is more important now than ever,” took the attempted mass murder as an opportunity to rewrite history for a second time this week. In the wake of a mass-political assassination attempt the Times ran an editorial entitled, “America’s Lethal Politics,” that attempted, once again, to blame Sarah Palin for the shooting that killed six and seriously wounded former U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Ariz., in Tucson in 2011 . . . . end quote 

Which paper is that?

?. . . . the “paper of record,” the paper that sets the agenda for the mainstream media, the glorified birdcage liner that announced its new slogan this year to be “the truth is more important now than ever,” took the attempted mass murder as an opportunity to rewrite history for a second time this week.”

Damn. That is a toughie. The Times? The Singapore Times? The Times of Hooterville? I give up. Wait! Maybe it’s The New Yawk Times!  

I see the communist economist Reich is telling his fellow travelers to keep up the pressure on Trump. What pressure? Fake pressure and noise? Violence against patriots? The only pressure Trump feels is to blast the traitors with tweets . . . and then he yawns and says like the cartoon leader of the lion pride, "Roar! I want some red meat."

Peter     

Forrest Gump was slow but a rationally moral person and very patient. Let’s ask him what to do.

How do you identify the chance that a person is a terrorist, Forrest? Where and when should people not congregate in a group? Maybe the Las Vegas odds makers could help us know which bridge or street not to walk on in Britain or France or what business or night club not to frequent in America. What did your Mama tell you Forrest? Well, that makes sense.

“Avoid dark allies and Muslims. Hit them if they hit you.” Whoa, Forrest. Your Mama was tough.

And she said what? She went that far? She said, “At some you should hit them before they hit you? At some point it is called a war of annihilation and the Muslims are already thinking that way?” She was smart. I, secretary of Defense Jim Mattis will tell the President about your plan and then I will execute it to the best of my abilities.

Thanks Forrest. Why sure. I will take the oval dark piece of chocolate.  

Peter

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Georgia 6th district congressional race featuring The Trump Slayer, Jon Ossoff:

AWESOME! GOP Crowd Starts Chanting, “TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!!” at Karen Handel Victory Party!

06.20.2017-21.55.png

Michael

Who is that Pretty Boy?

29 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Bob,

Ethan Krupp, a Jon Ossoff look-alike or soul mate or something...

The photo comes from a commercial for Obamacare featuring Krupp as the new American male.

Michael

The lad  is so, so.....  sweet.   The new American male!!   Did  faigeles  like  this  every tame a continent?  

Note: faigele; a Yiddish word meaning approximately "a tweety bird".  The connotation is "slightly effeminate" 

In 2015, Jonah Goldberg, fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and a senior editor of National Review wrote: . . . . Republicans are fielding the best candidates in a generation, but Trump is poised to make them chumps by association. He has no chance of becoming president, but he has the huge potential to deny his alleged party a White House victory in 2016. And when that happens, he will of course stay a celebrity, but he will have traded his fame for infamy, even among those now cheering him on. end quote

I am embarrassed now because I agreed with Jonah!  I wrote around the same time, “Sorry to his fans but when I look at him giving a speech I am reminded of Benito Mussolini.” I thought President Trump’s chances of getting through the primaries were between zero and ten percent.

Rush is discussing how the media is without ammunition that can reach “Mon Capitan.”  A year from now they will still be belaboring the same ghost stories. The left will still be trying to cobble together a coalition of disenfranchised non producers. The media can’t swing it. Money can't swing it.

There are a lot of hot to trot (and riot) democrats but they are a minority and when the economy takes off after Ryan’s revised tax code is enacted the economy will take off like a rocket. We will decrease the business tax by ten percent or more, and be able to file personal income taxes on a postcard. Major corporations and money will repatriate to America. And as the regulations are decreased more investments will be made in businesses.

And the estate tax will cease to exist. That means the estate a person worked for their whole lives will go to their kids. That means small businesses will continue to exist after the passing of the original owner. And that means more farms will stay in the family. In my area the average farmer is 65 but if there is no estate tax it is less likely the heirs will sell the farm to split up the proceeds.

Hurrah! Peter