The 2016 Presidential Ticket Thread[it was tough not putting this into Humor]

I have never heard politicians speak of morality when discussing govts role, and was pleased to hear it.

Do you mean Carson and Kasich[sp?] ?

I did not watch the "debate."

Im sorry. Unfortunately, what I remembered and what exactly was said are two different things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/28/the-third-republican-debate-annotating-the-transcript/

There were 7 mentions, four, in the context of "moral" authority to lead the country, 2 of those by Harwood, the moderator, of the 2 others, two in the context of entitlements and 1 by Kascich in closing about public service.

1."this is not about math, its about morality". The latter exchange was in the limited context by the preacher, Huckabee, over entitlements. Thats nothing but a plea to continue SS because itd be wrong (immoral) to stop anything once its started.

2. a. CHRISTIE: ...The only way we're going to be moral, the only way we're going to keep our promise to seniors is start by following the first rule we should all follow, which is to look at them, treat them like adults, and tell them the truth.

b.CHRISTIE: John, I'll tell you something. You want to talk about moral authority. Let's talk about something that happened this week in the news. You know, the FBI director, the president's appointed FBI director has said this week that because of a lack of support from politicians like the president of the United States, that police officers are afraid to get out of their cars; that they're afraid to enforce the law. And he says, the president's appointee, that crime is going up because of this.

And when the president of the United States gets out to speak about it, does he support police officers? Does he stand up for law enforcement? No, he doesn't. I'll tell you this, the number one job of the president of the United States is to protect the safety and security of the American people. This president has failed, and when I'm in the Oval Office, police officers will know that they will have the support of the president of the Untied States. That's real moral authority that we need in the Oval Office.

It isn't there anymore, Mike. They stole it. It got stolen from them. It's not theirs anymore. The government stole it, and spent it a long time ago...

Christies' replies were compelling however being for truth and justice doesnt substitute for a workable philosophy. I couldnt be more wrong about the use of the word, sorry, no cigar. )

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christies' replies were compelling however being for truth and justice doesnt substitute for a workable philosophy. I couldnt be more wrong about the use of the word, sorry, no cigar. )

No problem, however, ya got my attention!

Thanks for clarifying this.

A...

• 3 weeks later...

He gave a graceful and rational withdrawal speech.

He has improved exponentially since his squeaky response to a State of the Union address by "the one" a few years ago.

Decent man and very smart.

He has a promising future.

A...

• 1 month later...

Lindsey Graham's out.

:smile:

Michael

I heard, now we have to track who gets his 42 primary votes...

Also, The Donald will now crush the field in the South Carolina primary.

A...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2015 at 4:23 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Even O'Reilly's mouth is dropping open about Trump's honest bluntness:

:smile:

Michael

This was June 18th, 2015.

Glad I started this thread for the record it keeps...

A...