I Am Speechless

I Am Speechless

What does yoga, kids, a kiddie show host, traditional country music, and a farm have in common?

All I can say is behold...

I'm trying really hard to keep this in perspective because there were real people with real feelings and passions and dreams and reasoning who were involved in this project.

They deserve respect.

And kids actually watched this with great interest at one time.

But...

but...

but...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

I'm sorry, I just can't help it...

Sweet mother of God...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Michael

Hey all, we received a surprise comment yesterday and felt compelled to share it with everyone in post form.

eiei-yogaYou wanna know who it was from? We imagine you haven’t forgotten the Hippie Yoga Farmer. Well guess what? It’s a real show with a real yogi named Max Thomas, a dedicated yog who’s been an integral part of the LA Yoga circuit for 30 years, and whose late 90′s kids show (“EiEi Yoga“) has been positively reviewed in Yoga Journal AND The New York Times (read). In our/your face!

Thankfully, and to our astonishment, Yogi Oki Doki’s wife and executive producer of “EiEi Yoga”, Robin Maxwell, has written in to YD to set us straight.

And for only $28.00 plus shipping, you can have:

51JEKRXQ8HL.jpg

There is more too...

Read on for the real story of “Yogi Oki Doki”and Robin’s unabridged comment below (original here).

ps. Anyone care to dig up the Yoga Journal article? nevermind, check out the reviews here and here. Thanks Google books search.

As co-creator and producer of EiEi Yoga, and proud wife of Yogi Oki Doki (you may call me Mrs. Oki Doki) I would like to ask that somebody re-print Richard Rosen’s stellar Yoga Journal review of this video (1997) in which he unequivocally gave it “4 hooves up!”. Yogi and Rasta the Rooster appeared on several national TV magazines, and the science and medical writer for the New York Times said “Yogi Oki Doki is a hero in my house.”

Max Thomas (a/k/a Yogi Oki Doki) is one of California’s most beloved and respected yoga teachers. He was the director of the Center for Yoga in L.A. for four years in the early `80s before yoga became hip and ubiquitous. He has taught teacher training courses at the White Lotus Foundation in Santa Barbara, and in his own studios in L.A., Topanga and currently in Yucca Valley, CA. He has worked gratis for HIV patients in West L.A., and for schizophrenic teenagers at UCLA Medical Center. He was one of the first yoga teachers to acknowledge that if children were taught yoga we would be living in a much saner world.

Now, on a badly edited YouTube clip that has received close to a quarter of a million hits and 1,100 comments in 6 days (“Weird Hippie Yoga Farmers”) Max has been derided in every way imaginable, called “creepy” and “a pedophile.” One viewer referred to one of the beautiful children he was teaching as “that little n***.” I know that the mental capacity of most of these people makes Fox News viewers seems like Rhodes Scholars, but it would be nice to see a little support from the yoga community for a fellow teacher, one who has dedicated the last 35 years of his life to bringing yoga to the world.

Perhaps you can go to the “everything is terrible site” and throw in a positive comment.

And yes, kids LOVE this video.

http://yogadork.com/2009/08/05/who-is-the-eiei-yoga-farmer-meet-max-thomas-aka-yogi-oki-doki/

Hell, I might as well make a shameless plug for an affiliate link.

You can buy this at Amazon here: E-i-E-i Yoga: for Kids [VHS]

Some of the user reviews are hilarious--a sampling:

"This was just to[o] weird......scary in away."

. . .

"This is my favorite video of all time."

. . .

"My 2 1/2 year-old daughter really enjoyed this tape. But my husband and I found the narrator to be so creepy and bizarre we've permanently hidden it."

:smile:

Michael