Free Market may bring communist fear

Today I heard on the radio that with the rise of big data and better more nuanced means of evaluating people's personalities, tests which can truly determine what career you would be most suitable for are becoming a reality. The radio story placed this in a positive light from the point of view of the individual looking to start a career- why experiment with emotionally dead-end jobs when you can go directly to the one that gives fulfillment.

Unfortunately I see this can also be used from the other end- employers using such tests to only hire from pools that have whatever behavioral make-up needed. Why should they experiment with employees who will feel burned out in a few short years when they can get more productivity out of those who truly love what they do.

BUT... then we get to a situation similar to communism where someone (some test) tells people what job they will take. It wouldn't necessarily be mandated by law but if you can choose something outside of your test score then whats the difference?

You could say, well if the test is truly accurate then its a good thing that people work in the field that brings joy and I would agree. The problem is when the job position that someone matches for 100% happiness no longer exists or maybe it does but not in the area that the individual lives in. Or its not hiring. Or it has become a morally unacceptable career. Or it doesn't pay well...

And the problem is that people who are working in a field that they do not really love will be passed over for people who are highly motivated?

That would almost be as evil has hiring people who are more competent than others.

Don't worry, there will be quotas that cannot be exceeded.

Also, base levels that must be achieved, or else...you do want that prescription for your daughter's deadly asthma right?