The Exploding Autoimmune Epidemic - Dr. Tent

jts

Dr. Tent is a conventional doctor, not what most people here would call a quack. By conventional, I mean he has a Dr. in front of his name and an MD after his name and all he knows is 5 things: tests, diagnosis, cut, poison, burn. He does not know how to reverse diseases, as is evidenced by the fact that he did not know how to reverse his mother's heart disease. Dr. Fuhrman reverses heart disease nutritionally.

In this video, he tells some secrets of the medical profession, things they don't want you to know. And he explains why cancer is on the rise and he blames his own profession. Not merely for not preventing cancer but for actively and knowingly causing cancer and some other diseases.

If the medical profession is your God, then don't waste 2 hours. This video is for only those who put their own faculty of reason above the authority of the medical profession.

Correction: He does not have an MD after his name, altho he sounds like he does. He has a DC and ND and PhD. Also in another video he does seem to know something about nutrition. I may have underestimated the guy.

I have a rule about doctors: All doctors are presumed guilty until proved innocent.

Most medicine is reactive and for different diseases and conditions and people affected thereby there is a constantly varying ratio between science and art. Maybe 95% or more of the time your doctor will be competent enough. Lack of competence comes from the mediocrity not capable of dealing with a difficult diagnosis. I once had a situation it took me two years to figure out and what was probably an unnecessary tonsillectomy. Five doctors couldn't figure it out, I finally did--and all I did was slightly change my diet. A doctor will see you for 15 minutes and work off your chart and what you tell him on the current visit. Now few laymen have my own medical knowledge and experience and they become completely dependent of the doctor's knowledge and authority. Many doctors abuse this authority. They don't do this with me because they know almost immediately I'm not the average patient, but I had to set some straight when they were dealing with elderly relatives of mine. (The worst authority abusers, however, in my experience, are registered nurses in hospitals and rehabilitation centers, albeit only a small percentage.) Generally speaking, doctors usually go wrong in the medications they prescribe as opposed to other areas. If it weren't for pharmacists they would do a lot more harm than they do.

Net, net, doctors will do a good job for you in the reactive context. Their knowledge of nutrition is so bad, however, compared to the rest of their competence, as to not deserving any respect unless confirmed through other researched sources. Oncologists can kill their cancer patients with their calories-above-all stricture. They'll have you eat your way into the grave with the wrong types of cancer promoting foods.

--Brant

Correction: He does not have an MD after his name, altho he sounds like he does. He has a DC and ND and PhD. Also in another video he does seem to know something about nutrition. I may have underestimated the guy.

I have a rule about doctors: All doctors are presumed guilty until proved innocent.

In the land of Nutrition the quack flourishes.

There is a lot of nutritional quackery. But it does not follow that nutrition is quackery. There is a truth somewhere even if at times it might be difficult to find.

The ultimate test of a doctor is: how well do his patients do? To hell with the letters after his name.

One doctor keeps a diabetic patient on insulin and metformin for 30 years. That's disease management, not health. Another doctor gets a similar patient completely recovered in 30 days. Which doctor would you prefer if you had diabetes?

Roughly speaking, there are 2 types of doctors: those who are into disease management and those who are into health. A doctor can be any mixture of these 2 extremes. Disease management doctors do cut, poison, burn; health doctors do life style.

Each of these 2 styles of doctoring has its advantages.

Disease Management:

The advantage of disease management for the doctor is it makes more money. There is more money in giving a diabetic patient insulin and metformin for 30 years than in getting the same patient well in 30 days.

Another advantage of disease management for the doctor is to avoid being called a quack.

The advantage of disease management for the patient is it relieves the patient of responsibility for his health, or so he thinks. He doesn't need to change his habits. Changing his habits won't help. He is powerless over his genes and an irrational universe.

Another advantage of disease management for the doctor is that he is empowered. He has the power of life or death over the helpless patient.

Health:

The advantage of health for the doctor is he can take pride and pleasure in getting his patients well and keeping them well and putting himself out of business.

The advantage of health for the patient is he actually gets well and stays well and has little need for doctors.

Another advantage of health for the patient is he is empowered to control his own habits and health, and he can live safely in a rational universe.

In a free market:

In a free market, where doctors are not controlled by government but are free to compete, the health doctors would win the competition. In the real world, competition is limited because the law says the health doctors are quacks.

Health doctors are in the business of putting themselves out of business. When a doctor teaches a patient how to get himself well and keep himself well so the patient thereafter has little need for doctors, that doctor is in the business of putting himself out of business.

In a free market, those doctors who are the most effective in putting themselves out of business, would get the most business.

This process of competition continued, would eventually result in healthier people in a healthier environment (because they would demand it and work toward it) and little need for doctors and little complaining about the high cost of health care disease management.

Adult onset diabetes should only be treated with insulin as a last resort. It's potentially reversible. Insulin injections encourage a pancreas still producing insulin to shut down completely. There is no cure for juvenile diabetes. It has to be managed with insulin and diet. My sister did that for 50 years then died of renal failure 10 years ago at the age of 70.

I have a great grandmother who died of complications of adult onset in the 19-teens before insulin, which was introduced in the 1920s. Even if you "cure" adult onset you still have to manage your situation closely going forward. In the meantime the insanity of a diet that promotes this condition continues. Soda pop, potatoes, and high glycemic foods generally. Sugar, btw, is bad enough. High fructose corn syrup is insanity in a Coke. If you have to eat this stuff eat high fat ice cream, The fat keeps the sugar from going right into your bloodstream. Fat doesn't make one nearly as fat--saturated fat--as carbohydrates do. Vegetable fats (oils) except olive oil: you might as well go hang yourself now and get it over with.

--Brant

• 2 years later...
On 12/31/2014 at 2:43 AM, jts said:

Dr. Tent is a conventional doctor, not what most people here would call a quack. By conventional, I mean he has a Dr. in front of his name and an MD after his name and all he knows is 5 things: tests, diagnosis, cut, poison, burn. He does not know how to reverse diseases, as is evidenced by the fact that he did not know how to reverse his mother's heart disease. Dr. Fuhrman reverses heart disease nutritionally.

In this video, he tells some secrets of the medical profession, things they don't want you to know. And he explains why cancer is on the rise and he blames his own profession. Not merely for not preventing cancer but for actively and knowingly causing cancer and some other diseases.

If the medical profession is your God, then don't waste 2 hours. This video is for only those who put their own faculty of reason above the authority of the medical profession.

Has this nutritionist validated his nutrition based treatments with double blind longitudinal   clinical  tests?   Without this kind of corroboration  his treatments  cannot be taken seriously. 

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:
On 12/30/2014 at 11:43 PM, jts said:

In this video, he tells some secrets of the medical profession, things they don't want you to know. And he explains why cancer is on the rise and he blames his own profession.

Has this nutritionist validated his nutrition based treatments with double blind longitudinal   clinical  tests?   Without this kind of corroboration  his treatments  cannot be taken seriously. 

Jerry says Dr Tent is a conventional doctor, with a Dr in front of his name and an MD after it. This is incorrect:  Tent is the top practitioner of "Diverse Health Services," which is kind of interesting ...

Your Wellness Journey Begins at DHS

Naturopathic Care and Nutritional Supplements in Novi, MI

Reclaim your health and discover an energetic, focused, pain-free life! Michigan's leading holistic health care professionals, Dr. R.E. Tent D.C. and Dr. Jeff Senechal D.C. are dedicated to helping you achieve your optimum wellness through education, healthy alternatives, chiropractic care, and nutritional guidance.

Our successful Naturopathic Care practice focuses on prevention, treatment, and optimal health through a variety of methods that promote our body's inherent self-healing process. If you are looking for all natural, alternative health services to treat common ailments, lose weight, reduce joint pain, promote healthy skin, reduce prescribed medicines, fight cancer naturally, treat sciatica, or back and neck pain, call Diverse Health Services.

We offer better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of alternative health, whole food supplements, and chiropractic wellness care. Learn More About Us...

Actually, Mr Tent has  a few acronyms after his name:

Learn about Diverse Health Services in Novi Michigan - IMG_0511

R.E. Tent, D.C., N.D., Ph.D

Dr. R.E. Tent is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic and has had a local private practice since 1981. He has “Diplomat” status in the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and is a member of the International Pain Control Institute. Dr. Tent also has a Ph. D. in Clinical Nutrition.

Dr. Tent has a highly successful local private practice in Novi, Michigan and is highly renowned all over the country for his staggering results in chiropractic and alternative treatment. He has utilized the CRA method in his practice and has become a master of the technique.

What the hell is CRA?  Well, on the 'Services' page, we learn ...

Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic and nutritional services we offer in our Novi office.

• Spinal and Chiropractic Adjustments are also called spinal manipulations. The goal of chiropractic adjustment is to relieve pain and improve your body's physical function. Our Doctors provide the finest chiropractic adjustments and wellness care to our patients. We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. R.E. Tent has 30 years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
  • Contact Reflex Analysis involves the system of fuses or breaker switches called contact reflexes. Contact Reflexes are so unique that we are able to monitor the function of each body system and/or organs merely by contacting these electrical contact points and testing them by a new muscle testing technique.
  • Applied Trophology is a unique method of testing your body's needs or allergy to foods, chemicals, and nutrition supplementation, with a desire to correct an imbalance in body cell chemistry. The highest form of nutrition is used to speed up healing and recovery of the body to optimum health.

Quacktastic!

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Jerry says Dr Tent is a conventional doctor, with a Dr in front of his name and an MD after it. This is incorrect:  Tent is the top practitioner of "Diverse Health Services," which is kind of interesting ...

Actually, Mr Tent has  a few acronyms after his name:

What the hell is CRA?  Well, on the 'Services' page, we learn ...

Quacktastic!

crackpot nonsense.   Longitudinal double blind studies are the surest way of validating a treatment or a medicinal drug. 

• 3 years later...
On 3/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, BaalChatzaf said:

crackpot nonsense.   Longitudinal double blind studies are the surest way of validating a treatment or a medicinal drug. 

And many of those studies can't be replicated.

--Brant

some are safe in the arms of Jesus, others with authority

On today's internet I saw that a three drug, antiviral treatment is shortening hospital stays AND illnesses by five days for people with mild and moderate cases of coronavirus. The study was done with a couple of hundred cases if I remember correctly, which is not a lot. Stay hunkered down and wait for a vaccine is still the medical mantra. Wouldn't that be great? A mere shot like you get for measles, shingles, or pneumonia . . . and now IT? I think if you call coronavirus 'IT" people will know what you mean without spelling it out.

The last I heard, wide open Sweden still had a "higher percent" of deaths from IT. Teachers around here are being told to still "tele teach" and to come in by appointment to clean out their rooms, like they usually do in early June when schools normally close. They are going to ease open the Ocean City boardwalk but I haven't heard if any of the stores there are reopening. I have an acquaintance who runs a boardwalk jewelry store, and he is losing all of his normal May business because of IT.

I bravely ate one of those Arby's sandwiches with pickled cabbage called a Reuben yesterday. It tasted Greeeaatttt! as Tony The Tiger might say.