Exposing Islam (part 2 of 9) - Craig Winn

jts

Warning! Craig Winn doesn't give a rat's ass about political correctness or offending Muslims. If you have a problem with straight talk, don't listen to this. I'm not kidding. You are warned.

The most powerful weapon against Islam is to tell the truth about it.

That's why people like Craig Winn and Ali Sina get death threats. Tell the truth about Islam, that it is a violent religion, and they will threaten to kill you in order to prove that it's not a violent religion.

Jerry,

You can find this stuff a dime a dozen.

The problem is not that Islamic terrorists are inspired by passages in the sacred writings. Nobody denies that.

The problem is presupposing that the Islamic sacred writings must inevitably produce terrorists. They don't.

When I grew up, I heard Southern racists declare that blacks were an inferior race because they were the sons of Ham (one of the sons of Noah) and he had fallen out of favor with God. Blacks were black and inferior because they were suffering God's punishment. The racists justified their racism with the Bible.

That does not mean all people who believe in the Bible--or even believe Ham fell out of favor--are racists.

Since you tend to have a conspiratorial mindset about everything, I doubt facts will make a dent in your presuppositions right now, but here are some facts just in case you are interested.

You are not presenting anything new on OL. I'm talking about the ideas, not the people. I don't know if you notice, but the Mideast section was not set up yesterday. I, myself, first wrote about Islam back in 2006:

Initial Understanding of Islam on Fundamental Intellectual Issues

Back then, I also came across a couple of works I found that went deeper than "we must wage a holy war against Islam because it is evil." Objectivism itself is a kind of holy war against all religions. (I no longer participate in holy wars. I find the fundamental issues to be deeper.)

Freedom and Justice in Islam by Bernard Lewis

A View From the Eye of the Storm by Haim Harari

Then I came across the mother-lode of the bad ideas in Islamist fundamentalists, Qutb. (Is Sam Harris listening? :smile: ) Look him up and learn if truth, not panic, is your goal.

Milestones - the Intellectual Battleground

After that, I realized the problem was a specific mindset. Islamic mythologies can feed this violent fundamentalist mindset well, but they do not necessarily result in it.

We've been repeating the same stuff on OL since 2006. Since before, actually.

My position is I do not want to fight for replacing one form of bigotry with another. I am against bigotry altogether, irrespective of the scapegoat.

Anyway, back to your "straight talk" about the sky falling. Wake up, people! There's new knowledge to be gained on OL! Islam makes the sky fall!

:smile:

Michael

The problem is presupposing that the Islamic sacred writings must inevitably produce terrorists. They don't.

I think that statement can only hold true in a world where everyone is an individualist who desires individualism and individual rights. But that world doesn't exist. There are literally millions who don't desire those things, who in fact desire the opposite, who choose and love mysticism, collectivism and whatever collectivist cause suits their need. I think it is inevitable that when psychopaths, pedophiles, power-lusters, and other misfits and deviants find a theology that gives sanction to their desires, they will latch onto it.

The animals in the below video have found plenty of sanction. Islamic theology encourages them and urges them on. And what a terrible place to be if you're in the middle of that, and you have doubts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVISyjFwXAU

I think that statement can only hold true in a world where everyone is an individualist who desires individualism and individual rights. But that world doesn't exist.

All that shows is this poster doesn't think and doesn't want to think.

This is a perfect example of normative before cognitive mental process. He has prejudged existence. Now all he has to do is find what fits, appeal to sensationalism to make it seem sexy, and blank out the rest.

This guy keeps providing very good examples of the mental processes that drive bigotry.

Michael

I haven't prejudged existence. I look at the real world. We don't live in the abstract. The real world is brimming with collectivist, tribalist mentalities, with desires and urges that are anything but freedom loving or good. It's true to say that Islamic theology won't inevitably make jihadists of all people, or inevitably turn a person into a jihadist. Certainly not everyone will choose it. Perhaps the majority will not choose it. But that isn't what you said. It is inevitably going to find targets and mould them like putty.

sigh...

I mostly got the antisemitic (Zionism is the root of all evil) bigots to cut the crap around here.

Now I've got to deal with this crap.

My patience and time are running out.

Notice these are cowards who do not confront people with what they really do. Instead of saying Jews are the root of all evil, they make a lopsided campaign against Zionism to the exclusion of all else. Instead of saying Muslims are the root of all evil, they make a lopsided campaign against Islam to the exclusion of all else.

Cowards and liars both.

Michael