Is evil rational?

moralist

I suppose there are predators who are quick to surrender their minds and become the unthinking servants of powerful masters. But what I had in mind was the predator who is thoughtful and skilled enough to make a success of taking from others without having to answer to a higher authority.

Dream on, Frank... never gonna happen.

By the higher authority of moral law, no one ever escapes what they become as the result of what they do.

Greg

Nien on the Nietzsche!

A...

Greg :wink:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention the worst psychopath of all -- Dr. Strangelove.

Just when you think Peikoff can't outdo himself, he outdoes himself:

Podcast of September 15th, 2014

Title: My wife recently passed away and my 12-year old son was viciously ridiculed by a school bully about his mom being dead. My son beat the hell out of this kid and was suspended. I did not punish him, but instead congratulated him for standing up for himself. Is this rational parental advice?

You have to hear it to believe it.

I'll give a hint--he thinks this parent is a defective parent, but not for the obvious reason.

Michael

It's embarrassing. His forced high-pitched diction is as screwy as his thinking. His real and only expertise is second if not third-hand Ayn Rand('s philosophy of Objectivism). I take pride in knowing what I am talking about. True, I fall short frequently enough. I don't think he knows he's not an expert in everything of any passing interest. I hope nobody asks him about airplane piloting or brain surgery in a way that might take his fancy.

--Brant

Is he on drugs?

Funny I didn't think of that. He is a heart patient. If he's had surgery of any sort he's open to the possibility of brain damage at his age. All elderly people, especially, badly need to be primed by vitamin C before, during and after surgery preferably in an IV drip. All old folk getting surgery in my direct experience have been hit with some type of mental deterioration. The exception was my Father whom I gave milkshakes laced with mega-vitamins including C. As soon as I could after I gave him some more. Tell your doc that and he'll say "Don't do it!" or "No." But no vitamin, including E, accentuates the effect of warfarin a commonly used blood thiner, unlike aspirin.

--Brant

Is he on drugs?

Funny I didn't think of that. He is a heart patient. If he's had surgery of any sort he's open to the possibility of brain damage at his age. All elderly people, especially, badly need to be primed by vitamin C before, during and after surgery preferably in an IV drip. All old folk getting surgery in my direct experience have been hit with some type of mental deterioration. The exception was my Father whom I gave milkshakes laced with mega-vitamins including C. As soon as I could after I gave him some more. Tell your doc that and he'll say "Don't do it!" or "No." But no vitamin, including E, accentuates the effect of warfarin a commonly used blood thiner, unlike aspirin.

--Brant

--Brant

Excellent advice Brant.

I took my father to a Dr. Corsello, Northern Italian woman. Brilliant.

She did IV chelation treatments and extended my dad's life by at least four(4) years both mentally and

physically.

The last year was not great and he was in his own home surrounded by friends, neighbors and family up

until the last two (2) weeks.

He was three (3) weeks away from ninety (90).

One of his firefighter friends said, "Well, when you count the 8 to 9 months in utero, he made 90

easy."

That still makes me chuckle today and is reassuring in many ways.

A...

I suppose there are predators who are quick to surrender their minds and become the unthinking servants of powerful masters. But what I had in mind was the predator who is thoughtful and skilled enough to make a success of taking from others without having to answer to a higher authority.

By the higher authority of moral law, no one ever escapes what they become as the result of what they do.

Greg

I was speaking of an earthly authority. I know that eventually everyone has to answer to Bozo in the Sky.

bozo_our_god.jpg

Excellent advice Brant.

I took my father to a Dr. Corsello, Northern Italian woman. Brilliant.

She did IV chelation treatments and extended my dad's life by at least four(4) years both mentally and

physically.

The last year was not great and he was in his own home surrounded by friends, neighbors and family up

until the last two (2) weeks.

He was three (3) weeks away from ninety (90).

One of his firefighter friends said, "Well, when you count the 8 to 9 months in utero, he made 90

easy."

That still makes me chuckle today and is reassuring in many ways.

A...

Interesting story, but I know nothing about chelation therapy except some go to Mexico for that kind of thing.

--Brant

Edison and Shockley abused and expropriated the work of others. Lindbergh was a nazi. Jack Warner a vindictive tyrant.

I don't think successful psychopaths are entirely an aberration of a bygone era. http://www.thestar.com/business/2012/07/05/psychopathy_and_the_ceo_top_executives_have_four_times_the_incidence_of_psychopathy_as_the_rest_of_us.html

polls_clinton_4824_420075_answer_2_xlargdonald_trump-300x296.jpgFormer-White-House-Chief-of-Staff-and-cudick-cheney.jpgnancypelosipic3.jpgJoel-Osteen-Night-of-Hope-NY-Facebook.jp

JamieDimon.jpgBankingCEOTestifyBeforeHouseUseTARPFSnYaf3495f0d.bmp?blog_id=393725303240464_rvzuv-m.jpgrupert-murdoch-picture-4.jpgSteve-Jobs-007.jpgalGore_1515233c.jpg

A mixed bag, some scoundrels, some narcissists - self-aggrandizers, second-handers and power lusters, too.

I don't know how much they're sociopaths, though I know sociopaths exist and seen the harm they can do. Statism and the cult of celebrity will actually assist their rise to power, I think.

Within a moderate range, though, most men and women have been psychologically affected in some way, and to some degree. What we do about it, and how much we rise above it is what counts, surely? Wolf, it's not my intention to discount the psychology of counterfeit egoists, but the easy pathalogical explanation for foul people and their acts plays too conveniently into a certain Progressive narrative. (As does the excuse of our -also common to all- "red of tooth and nail" ancestry): After all, who are we to judge anybody?! And by objective standards, no less!

After all, who are we to judge anybody?! And by objective standards, no less!

Tony, I've come to admire many of your comments and wide perspectives. "Red of tooth and nail" ancestry is an important point.

As a practical matter I have to guide a 12-year-old daughter. Part of that is cautioning her about danger.

Interesting story, but I know nothing about chelation therapy except some go to Mexico for that kind of thing.

--Brant

http://www.chelationstory.com/IV_chelation.htm

One advantage is that it "strips" the "heavy metals" that "clog" the human circulatory system.

It's kinda like Roto Rooter for the body's "pipes."

All of the Chelation centers I have visited are set up very similar. Each center has a room or rooms filled with lounge chairs. Some large centers in Florida and Arizona have 25 to 30 chairs. and small centers have 2 to 4 chairs.

Each center has their own procedures. If you go to an MD or a DO you might get a full work up and examination, at a charge of course. I have had infusions from homeopaths that just required a urinalysis and they checked your blood pressure both before, during and after the treatment. The urinalysis is used to check your kidney function. If it is in the normal range everything is fine. I have not experienced any real difference in the IV procedure itself. Over time I have seen literally thousands of people in these centers and it is rare event to see problems during EDTA treatments. The problems I did see were caused by the conditions being treated not the EDTA treatments. Dr. Donsbach tells you what you always wanted to know about heart disease, stroke, oral chelation and IV chelation.

A...

I am going to try a once a month treatment and evaluate it. We have at least one that is accessible in

New Jersey.

Greg

I was speaking of an earthly authority.

So was I.;

The objective reality of moral law operates on Earth impersonally and ubiquitously just like gravity... and no one can escape it. So what everyone does is an act of becoming that nothing can change except themselves by changing what they do.

This process of judgment is completely self inflicted.

I know that eventually everyone has to answer to Bozo in the Sky.

bozo_our_god.jpg

You have absolutely no choice but to answer to that Bozo right here and now! :laugh:

Greg

--Brant

http://www.chelationstory.com/IV_chelation.htm

One advantage is that it "strips" the "heavy metals" that "clog" the human circulatory system.

It's kinda like Roto Rooter for the body's "pipes."

All of the Chelation centers I have visited are set up very similar. Each center has a room or rooms filled with lounge chairs. Some large centers in Florida and Arizona have 25 to 30 chairs. and small centers have 2 to 4 chairs.

Each center has their own procedures. If you go to an MD or a DO you might get a full work up and examination, at a charge of course. I have had infusions from homeopaths that just required a urinalysis and they checked your blood pressure both before, during and after the treatment. The urinalysis is used to check your kidney function. If it is in the normal range everything is fine. I have not experienced any real difference in the IV procedure itself. Over time I have seen literally thousands of people in these centers and it is rare event to see problems during EDTA treatments. The problems I did see were caused by the conditions being treated not the EDTA treatments. Dr. Donsbach tells you what you always wanted to know about heart disease, stroke, oral chelation and IV chelation.

A...

I am going to try a once a month treatment and evaluate it. We have at least one that is accessible in

New Jersey.

Heavy metals? The problem is oxidized cholesterol or the plague of arteriosclerosis. The more intelligent the targeted victim of quackery the more sophisticatedly it's dressed. I'm considering using sodium selenite to avoid vascular dementia a decade or more down the road. It's a Durk Pearson/Sandy Shaw formulation from Life Enhancement. Yes, all their products are "sophisticatedly" dressed and I use them only a little but I've been reading them for over three decades and worked for them once and it's brains galore! I don't consider them or the products they've created to be any kind of quackery.

But it doesn't look like chelation does anyone any harm and if they pump in some vitamin C it could indeed be beneficial. Once you've got a cancer, though, the cancer is likely to feed on the C. I limit my daily use of C to no more than one gram/day and ramp it up only if I have a cold or infection. Vitamin E seems to sop up some of the free radicals that can be generated by C, so if I used more C chronically than I do I'd use E--the right kind of E--too.

Just as there just a lot of art in conventional medicine so too in "life extension." I could investigate and use chelation for a problem I was having difficulty with, but it would have to be one hell of an intractable problem.

--Brant

It's embarrassing. His forced high-pitched diction is as screwy as his thinking.

While he did come off as shrill, he did precisely describe how wars are won and lost.

Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan all degenerated into liberal politically correct wars with liberal politically correct rules of engagement. That's why the US lost all of them. Now this war with ISIS is being engaged using exactly the same liberal politically correct approach that lost all of the others.

Who has won a war by telling the enemy in advance exactly what you are and are not going to do? ...but that's the liberal politically correct way, and that's why those wars are always lost.

The War with Japan was ended with a couple of nonliberal politically incorrect bombs. That's how to win a war.

Greg

If the US insists on going to war with ISIS they should probably use a few neutron bombs, kill all the people, very low collateral damage, blast areas confined to about 500 yards, minimizes civilian casualties and sends a clearly counter terrorist message. Plus the affected area isn't radioactively contaminated for long, a couple months at most. Again... Politically incorrect. You don't need to use large ones either. Probably the only way to crush them without putting boots on the ground while sending a loud and clear "don't fuck with us or else more to follow message".

Heavy metals? The problem is oxidized cholesterol or the plague of arteriosclerosis. The more intelligent the targeted victim of quackery the more sophisticatedly its dressed.

--Brant

I was not clear about that example.

I had a client who was an upper level supervisor in the MTA[subways etc.]

He had massive health problems. It wound up that as he would go out with teams

to the "battery rooms" to train them, he and his teams were, basically, walking

through,and standing in, a microscopic "spray" of toxins that were allegedly released

from the batteries.

During the litigation, we discovered from another client about Dr. Corsello. Her

protocols which included the IV Chelation, basically, saved this guys life.

His wife did his work clothes at home. She was suffering from issues just by

washing his clothes with the other clothes from the family.

One of their children was affected/effected by the heavy metals that leached into

the kids clothing.

IV Chelation does a lot more than help with the heavy metal toxins that are hanging

out in your system and the levels are increased, or, decreased depending on your genetics

and life style.

A...

Post Script: People came from all over the world to her Office. She also billed their

insurance coverage for some of the treatments and the NY State Insurance Department

and the Medical Board came down on her with a vengeance.

Finally, she said, enough and moved back to Northern Italy and practices there

unmolested.

So now, NY State lost her revenue and all the revenue of people who came to NY City

for a week or more of treatments and all the revenue from hotels, restaurants and

shopping that they did.

But it doesn't look like chelation does anyone any harm and if they pump in some vitamin C it could indeed be beneficial.

Chelation (in the absence of heavy-metal poisoning) can be quite dangerous. I would not recommend any kind of Chelation therapy for anyone who does not show signs of this poisoning.

Heavy metals? The problem is oxidized cholesterol or the plague of arteriosclerosis. The more intelligent the targeted victim of quackery the more sophisticatedly its dressed.

IV Chelation does a lot more than help with the heavy metal toxins that are hanging

out in your system and the levels are increased, or, decreased depending on your genetics

and life style.

What else do you assert IV Chelation can do, besides binding metals for elimination through kidneys and urine?

Edited by william.scherk

What else do you assert IV Chelation can do, besides binding metals for elimination through kidneys and urine?

Here are some other "chelation" uses:

Alternative Chelation Methods

When you check the web by searching under chelation terms almost everyone is talking about EDTA IV or

Oral Chelation. There are many other nutrients and chemical compounds to either compliment EDTA or

standalone to help you increase your circulation and blood flow.

Many of the Chelation practitioners also offer other therapies which are chelators or work in

conjunction with therapies like EDTA to increase the results. Chelation therapies are not only used

to help clear blocked blood vessels (see benefits) but is also used to remove heavy metals from the

blood stream. For example EDTA is approved by the FDA for lead removal and is by far the best way to

accomplish this.

I have been doing research since 1980 and everyday more and more research is being done that shows

the right foods can clear plaque from arteries as well as EDTA and the therapies mentioned below.

Now it has been found that pomegranate juice can reduce plaque by 13% in 3 months. Check it out on

our blog.

A...

Post Script:

Although this is testimonial, I also would speak with the other patients of Dr. Corsello while my

father was in the lounge chair in the sun room. Some came from all over the world for diabetes,

cancer and a variety of other "dis-eases." To the person they swore by the therapies.

http://www.chelationstory.com/chelation_studies.htm

If the US insists on going to war with ISIS they should probably use a few neutron bombs, kill all the people, very low collateral damage, blast areas confined to about 500 yards, minimizes civilian casualties and sends a clearly counter terrorist message. Plus the affected area isn't radioactively contaminated for long, a couple months at most. Again... Politically incorrect. You don't need to use large ones either. Probably the only way to crush them without putting boots on the ground while sending a loud and clear "don't fuck with us or else more to follow message".

I don't even know where to begin describing how stupid this is.

The trick with ault onset diabetes is to control it with diet and exercise and avoid insulin if possible. If the pancreas is still making insulin injecting insulin will encourage it to shut down completely.

--Brant

just something I read and am not claiming this as an authoritative statement

I don't even know where to begin describing how stupid this is.

Coming from you Gary I take that as a compliment as every thread of yours I have read is beyond stupid.