St. Louis riots and looting

Wolf DeVoon

Flash from Fergeson Missouri:

A Ferguson, Mo., police officer was shot on Saturday night, the local authorities said, as protests continued over the death of an unarmed teenager who was shot by a police officer last month.

The shooting happened around 9:20 p.m., said Brian Schellman, a spokesman for the St. Louis County Police Department. The officer, a woman, is still alive, Mr. Schellman said.

KMOV, the local CBS affiliate, reported that an officer was shot in the arm and expected to recover. The station reported that officers from the Ferguson and St. Louis County were staging a major manhunt for the suspect, who fled on foot into a local neighborhood near West Florissant Avenue and Stein Street.

The shooting occurred in the 1000 block of Smith Avenue in Ferguson, near the new Ferguson Community Center, according to The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Continue reading the main story

Related Coverage

Thomas Jackson, left, the police chief of Ferguson, Mo., spoke to protesters in front of the Ferguson Police Department on Thursday.

Police Behavior in Ferguson Draws Attention of Justice DepartmentSEPT. 26, 2014

In a Video, Police Chief of Ferguson ApologizesSEPT. 25, 2014

Dozens of police cars from numerous jurisdictions converged on the area after the shooting, the newspaper said, and the gunman was reported to have fled into nearby woods.

In a video that was posted on social media, Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol told protesters that the officer was the only person who was shot.

Demonstrators have been protesting in Ferguson since Officer Darren Wilson, who is white, shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, Michael Brown, in a case that has heightened long-simmering racial tensions in the suburb north of St. Louis.

On Thursday, Chief Thomas Jackson of the Ferguson Police Department issued a stark apology to the family of Mr. Brown, saying in a videotaped statement that he was sorry for the death of their son and for the four hours that the body of the unarmed 18-year-old lay in the street after he was killed.

“I want to say this to the Brown family. No one who has not experienced the loss of a child can understand what you’re feeling,” he said, facing the camera and standing in front of an American flag. “I am truly

sorry for the loss of your son. I’m also sorry that it took so long to remove Michael from the street. The time that it took involved very important work on the part of investigators who were trying to collect evidence and gain a true picture of what happened that day. But it was just too long, and I’m truly sorry for that.”

But in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday, Mr. Brown’s parents were unmoved.

Mr. Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, said, “Yes,” when asked if Chief Jackson should be fired, and his father, Michael Brown Sr., said rather than an apology, they would prefer to see the officer who shot

their son arrested for his death on Aug. 9.

“An apology would be when Darren Wilson has handcuffs, processed and charged with murder,” Mr. Brown said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/us/a-police-officer-is-shot-in-ferguson.html?emc=edit_na_20140927&nlid=53564225&_r=0

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody hear what RACE the two (2) officers were?

Anybody hear what RACE the shooters were?

Juat want to make sure that RACE stays in our primary focus.

A...

A...

Does this help:

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/28/police-ferguson-officer-shot-no-link-to-protests/16382699/

A...

Does this help:

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/28/police-ferguson-officer-shot-no-link-to-protests/16382699/

Yes indeed J-man - thanks.

I knew tha odds were with me that the cops were OMG...WHITE and the alleged victims of RACIST JIM CROW CRACKER REPRESSION OF OUR BROTHERS were allegedly BLACK!!!!

Oh. and our Black Sisters...oops - Bad boys Bad boys ... whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

A....

Human

Sub-human

Excellent Jules:

I almost missed that one.

A...

• 4 weeks later...

So, apparently, according to Grand Jury leaks, not only is there, apparently, no evidence that the "Gentle Giant:"

1) had his hands up when he was shot; and

2) was shot in the back;

Apparently, there is beyond a shadow of a doubt evidence that the "Gentle Giant:"

1) left his blood on the inside of the police car when he was shot in the hand; and

2) did have "de ganja" in his system.

Hmmm, so therefore, it is time to loot and riot from now to election day.

A...

Thomas Sowell just wrote in TownHall:

Unless the Secret Service is given unambiguous authority to shoot anyone who climbs over the White House fence, without being second-guessed by people who will say "he shot an unarmed man," any president is needlessly at risk -- and millions of American voters' choice for that office can be nullified by any crackpot. You don't know who is armed or unarmed until it is too late.

end quote

And the rules for cops have changed in the opposite direction. I think it will be a rare event for a police officer to yell, "Halt or I will shoot!" But if someone is eluding in a vehicle and is using the vehicle as a weapon, shoot um Dan'l. I am for a swat team taking a dangerous suspect out but I dont like hearing the stories of police raids on the wrong house (and last year a wrecker came and wrecked the wrong house.)

So when is the verdict coming out about the perp/victim in Fergeson?

Thomas Sowell came a cropper with that one. A President's greatest risk these days is from his own bodyguards taking him out. It will probably happen by mid century congruent with the disappearance of American commonality as the country continues to break up culturally.

--Brant

Thomas Sowell came a cropper with that one. A President's greatest risk these days is from his own bodyguards taking him out. It will probably happen by mid century congruent with the disappearance of American commonality as the country continues to break up culturally.

--Brant

That is how Caligula met his end. Also Indira Gandhi.

Unless the Secret Service is given unambiguous authority to shoot anyone who climbs over the White House fence, without being second-guessed by people who will say "he shot an unarmed man," any president is needlessly at risk -- and millions of American voters' choice for that office can be nullified by any crackpot. You don't know who is armed or unarmed until it is too late.

end quote

...and to think the White House.lawn used to be open to anyone and families actually used to picnic on it.

This illustrates how degenerates have created a degenerate government in their own degenerate image.

And now the degenerate government needs to protect itself from the very degenerates who created it.

The government always gets the citizens it deserves.

It'll definitely be leaked outside of the normal news cycle timing... and most likely during a holiday like Thanksgiving..

Greg

end quote

...and to think the White House.lawn used to be open to anyone and families actually used to picnic on it.

This illustrates how degenerates have created a degenerate government in their own degenerate image.

And now the degenerate government needs to protect itself from the very degenerates who created it.

The government always gets the citizens it deserves.

It'll definitely be leaked outside of the normal news cycle timing... and most likely during a holiday like Thanksgiving..

Greg

Seems to me that there where far less "degenerates" when Kennedy got shot..

Just sayin...

Those were the doped up degenerate sixties... man. :wink:

haight-hippie.jpg

disgusting but harmless.

And what percentage of the population was not like the above individual citizen?

Seems like a lot of folks followed different paths.

A...

And what percentage of the population was not like the above individual citizen?

Even though the comment was half in jest... that "seedy" guy is a poster child of the Baby Boomer generation's moral values:

"Make love not war"

"Tune in turn on drop out"

"Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll"

The Baby Boomer Generation is the result of the Greatest Generation's failure to teach them American values. The indulged Boomers enjoyed all the rewards of the Greatest Generation... without making any of the sacrifices.

America today is the result of picking the fruit without watering the tree...

Greg

Even though the comment was half in jest... that "seedy" guy is a poster child of the Baby Boomer generation's moral values:

I would agree that that is the propaganda image of the Baby Boomer generation.

However, I would like to see some numbers.

My gut tells me that it was probably no more than 20-25% of that population and probably as low as 10-15%.

A...

I would agree that that is the propaganda image of the Baby Boomer generation.

However, I would like to see some numbers.

My gut tells me that it was probably no more than 20-25% of that population and probably as low as 10-15%.

A...