Muslims Who Stand Up To Islamists -- Karima Bennoune

Michael Stuart Kelly

For a unique eye opener, visit Israel when HAMAS is firing rockets from Gaza and then see if your views remain the same.

My views about what? The entire Muslim world? One can't infer enough from extreme or selective samples. I have visited Israel during a previous tense period.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a unique eye opener, visit Israel when HAMAS is firing rockets from Gaza and then see if your views remain the same.

My views about what? The entire Muslim world? One can't infer enough from extreme or selective samples. I have visited Israel during a previous tense period.

I'm sorry Tony that was more of a directed at everyone/nobody in particular. What I was trying to say is for the most part it is hard for many to grasp as we sit behind our keyboards what it is actually LIKE over there. Pretty hard to actually grasp how stressful it must be having to run to bomb shelters half the day.

Right! We have a friend in the south who's home is some hundreds of metres from the border. Not just for the last couple of months, but for some years he's had incoming rockets, sporadically.

But you'll get told - "Ah, at least the Israelis have shelters. What about those poor Gazan people and children who do not?"....

I feel HORRIBLY for the children, it isn't their fault their parents hate Israeli's more than they love their own kids. I mean what kind of person allows their children to be strung up in front of a house in the hopes that the IDF won't target the house (that rockets are launched from.). It is the sickest depraved mentality that does this!

Richard:

I would like you to read the article that starts this thread and tell me what you think.

Thoughtful And Intriguing Analysis On United States IS[iS...http://bigthink.com/...-than-you-think

A...

In recent African history there were boys as young as 10 or 11 remorselessly killing people with automatic weapons as they had been trained and directed. Such is the plasticity of the unseasoned and undeveloped mind. What stops armies from generally developing and using such soldiers is their lack of physical strength. Gear is heavy. The girl in the above video has no gear, just diarrhea of the mouth. The boys in Africa were not Muslim. They were only used in tribal warfare. Well, all this crappy Jihadism is just another variant of tribal warfare. They stand on Muslim rubric against non-Muslims, but take away the Infidels and they turn on each other. To a great extent the Infidels can take away themselves using the occasional big slap-down to remind certain people there are easier targets. Generally big-slap downs would be slapping down state-sponsored terrorism. Not enough of that has been done in the right and cheapest way. Witness the idiotic US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

--Brant

The Khmer Rouge used a lot of child soldiers too. I didn't post it because I thought she could carry a gun, but to show how thoroughly brainwashed she was.

American kids are thoroughly brainwashed too, albeit secularly. She's just culturally noxious to us compared to our own culture.

--Brant

The Khmer Rouge used a lot of child soldiers too. I didn't post it because I thought she could carry a gun, but to show how thoroughly brainwashed she was.

Richard:

Have you seen The Patriot with Mel Gibson?

Are you aware of how many "boys" died in our Revolution? Our Civil War and hell I have known write quite a

few Marines who lied about their age and were 16 yrs old at Tarawa,they were also Federal Marshals post WWII. Wonderful men.

A...

I ha

Richard:

Have you seen The Patriot with Mel Gibson?

Are you aware of how many "boys" died in our Revolution? Our Civil War and hell I have known write a
few Marines who lied about their age and were 16 yrs old at Tarawa,they were also Federal Marshals post WWII. Wonderful men.

A...

I haven't, Adam. I generally shy away from Mel Gibson movies, but I'll make a point of watching it. I don't know much about the Civil War, but yeah, I'm not unaware of children fighting in wars or lying about their age in order to fight.

• 1 month later...

What's interesting about that video is not that it's a child soldier (nothing new) or that it's a brainwashed child (also nothing new), but that it's a girl. Considering how women are viewed in that culture, there's many possible messages that can be gleaned from that.

What's interesting about that video is not that it's a child soldier (nothing new) or that it's a brainwashed child (also nothing new), but that it's a girl. Considering how women are viewed in that culture, there's many possible messages that can be gleaned from that.

Agreed.

What are the messages that you considered?

A...

Agreed.

A...

You aren't willing to give us your own one or two after the invitation to think of some? You have them or you wouldn't have agreed.

--Brant

Agreed.

A...

We've decided to save our little boys and instead sacrifice our little girls - they're more dispensable.

There's a shortage of virgins in paradise, so we're preparing a few to be sent on early.

Look how powerful we are. We openly express our hatred for women, yet see how easily we can turn this young one into whatever we want?

Look how weak we are. We're desperate for followers, so we have to recruit the people we least respect.

Agreed.

A...

We've decided to save our little boys and instead sacrifice our little girls - they're more dispensable.

There's a shortage of virgins in paradise, so we're preparing a few to be sent on early.

Look how powerful we are. We openly express our hatred for women, yet see how easily we can turn this young one into whatever we want?

Look how weak we are. We're desperate for followers, so we have to recruit the people we least respect.

DD:

She reminds me of Paul Atriedes' sister Ali (?) in Dune.

The Fremen are very similar in discipline to the "Islamo-Facists" of ISIS

I did not get the impressions that you got.

I saw a different way to instill fear and terror in their enemy.

The few converted, or birth Muslim women, that I have gotten close with, do not perceive hatred for themselves from the men and women in their culture.

A...

There are many virgins in paradise. They just keep recycling them.

--Brant

How do they do that? Turn em upside down and shake the "fuck" out of them?

Great shot! Deep in the corner and faking away...

swish... and it counts!!