Muslims Who Stand Up To Islamists -- Karima Bennoune

Michael Stuart Kelly

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's interesting about that video is not that it's a child soldier (nothing new) or that it's a brainwashed child (also nothing new), but that it's a girl. Considering how women are viewed in that culture, there's many possible messages that can be gleaned from that.

Agreed.

What are the messages that you considered?

A...

We've decided to save our little boys and instead sacrifice our little girls - they're more dispensable.

There's a shortage of virgins in paradise, so we're preparing a few to be sent on early.

Look how powerful we are. We openly express our hatred for women, yet see how easily we can turn this young one into whatever we want?

Look how weak we are. We're desperate for followers, so we have to recruit the people we least respect.

DD:

She reminds me of Paul Atriedes' sister Ali (?) in Dune.

The Fremen are very similar in discipline to the "Islamo-Facists" of ISIS

I did not get the impressions that you got.

I saw a different way to instill fear and terror in their enemy.

The few converted, or birth Muslim women, that I have gotten close with, do not perceive hatred for themselves from the men and women in their culture.

A...

"...converted, or birth Muslim women...."

The message is not for them.

The few converted, or birth Muslim women, that I have gotten close with, do not perceive hatred for themselves from the men and women in their culture.

A...

"...converted, or birth Muslim women...."

The message is not for them.

Agreed.

I do not get the "...girls...dispensable..." image though.

Thought crosses my mind that part of what we "perceived" about their imagining in this video differs because of our gender.

A...