He bit! Obama took the bait!

As long as the public is supine or indifferent, there is no limit to the level of federal power

Correct.

So, what do you suggest a person do now, today?

Discuss the past?

Or. operate in the present?

A...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also said free speech was the key--that as long as there was free speech there was a chance for that society.

--Brant

Yes she did.

I would also add the right to bear arms as a deterrent to the omnipotent government.

I'd really appreciate your reference for this. She was grossly weak in this area.

--Brant

She also said free speech was the key--that as long as there was free speech there was a chance for that society.

--Brant

Yes she did.

I would also add the right to bear arms as a deterrent to the omnipotent government.

I'd really appreciate your reference for this. She was grossly weak in this area.

--Brant

I thought her statement was more along the lines of "if there is no censorship" kinda position.

--Brant

Yes she did.

--Brant

I thought her statement was more along the lines of "if there is no censorship" kinda position.

Maybe he "adds"--not she?

--Brant

As long as the public is supine or indifferent, there is no limit to the level of federal power

Correct.

Discuss the past?

A...

I have already said what I do: "Invest my time and money in educating young people in the virtues of individualism, hard work, and the free market."

But if you think impeaching Obama is the ticket, go for it. We each serve in our own way.

The proceedings against Clinton certainly made for good entertainment even if they didn't expand the sphere of individual freedom one whit.

--Brant

Yes she did.

--Brant

Brant,

I wasn't referring to AR's view on personal arms but rather mine.

Correct.

Discuss the past?

A...

I have already said what I do: "Invest my time and money in educating young people in the virtues of individualism, hard work, and the free market."

But if you think impeaching Obama is the ticket, go for it. We each serve in our own way.

The proceedings against Clinton certainly made for good entertainment even if they didn't expand the sphere of individual freedom one whit.

Whoa skippy!

I did not ask you what you do.

Your answer to my question is what you stated. Good.

I do not believe that you know my position on the House filing charges of impeachment.

The Clinton team had a shield...sex.

President O'bama can't pick up that shield.

A...

--Brant

Yes she did.

--Brant

I thought her statement was more along the lines of kinda position.

Might have been "if there is no censorship". Perhaps it was written in the Objectivist Newsletter. I remember reading/ hearing something along those lines, in answer to a question like "is there hope for America?"

Correct.

Discuss the past?

A...

Whoa skippy!

I did not ask you what you do.

Your answer to my question is what you stated. Good.

I do not believe that you know my position on the House filing charges of impeachment.

The Clinton team had a shield...sex.

President O'bama can't pick up that shield.

A...

I'm not in the business of telling other people what to do. If you insist on some sort of answer, then you can only reflect on my own actions on behalf of liberty.

I have said Obama will not be removed from office. Clinton had the sex shield. Obama has the race shield. But if he is booted, it will have no practical benefits for the freedom movement. Of course, that should not stop anyone from marching in the anti-Obama parade. I'm sure it will be great fun.

Impeached or not, Obama will probably spend his post-White House years like Clinton, making $500,000 a speech.

(Having sneered at the ex-President's financial success, I know I'm likely to be accused of "tearing down others instead of learning and growing to become better people themselves.")

(Having sneered at the ex-President's financial success, I know I'm likely to be accused of "tearing down others instead of learning and growing to become better people themselves.")

You made your point.

Lose the self pity whining.

Correct.

Discuss the past?

A...

Hey, that's my line! :laugh:

Get your own material.

Greg :wink:

You made your point.

What, you thought I took those remarks seriously? That I gave them any actual weight? Too funny!

You made your point.

What, you thought I took those remarks seriously? That I gave them any actual weight? Too funny!

Ah, you are way to clever for me...

Here are some stats as reported in the Huffington Post (posted just 2 hours ago):

Two-Thirds Of Republicans Think Impeaching Obama Would Be Justified
by Emily Swanson

Here is the breakdown from a new HuffPost/YouGov poll:

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said beginning the impeachment process would be justified, while only 8 percent of Democrats said the same. Independents were divided, 37 percent to 37 percent, while 26 percent said they weren't sure. Overall, 26 percent of non-Republicans said impeachment would be justified.

. . .

In the new HuffPost/YouGov poll, 49 percent of Americans said Obama had exceeded the limits of authority placed on the president by the Constitution, while 34 percent said he had not. Eighty-nine percent of Republicans, 52 percent of independents and 16 percent of Democrats said Obama had exceeded the limits of his authority.

The HuffPost/YouGov poll was conducted July 9-11 among 1,000 U.S. adults using a sample selected from YouGov's opt-in online panel to match the demographics and other characteristics of the adult U.S. population. Factors considered include age, race, gender, education, employment, income, marital status, number of children, voter registration, time and location of Internet access, interest in politics, religion and church attendance.

I bet this isn't the only organization getting these kinds of stats, either. No wonder Obama and Holder are speaking about it openly.

If these stats are the same or worse with a Republican House and Senate when they all swear in next year, impeachment could actually get started.

Michael

Here are some stats as reported in the Huffington Post (posted just 2 hours ago):

Two-Thirds Of Republicans Think Impeaching Obama Would Be Justified

by Emily Swanson

Hey Michael, do you think the Huffpo libs might just be baiting a hook of their own? :wink:

Obama could play the black victim of white bigotry. Impeachment could become a huge legal quagmire distraction to divert attention away from other more relevant issues.

Just a thought...

Greg

Hey Michael, do you think the Huffpo libs might just be baiting a hook of their own? :wink:

Obama could play the black victim of white bigotry. Impeachment could become a huge legal quagmire distraction to divert attention away from other more relevant issues.

Just a thought...

Greg,

I definitely think some people over there think this way.

But I think it's mixed.

And yes, Obama might be trying to make a play by talking about impeachment. I don't see a clear path to him playing the racist card with this, though, except as a secondary effect. If he is making a play, I believe it would be to get the impeachment cry fully out in the open before it grows more. That way he can attack the supporters to try to make them look foolish, one by one. Obama's team is very good at targeting individuals.

But this strategy in the current climate is dangerous because it tries to drown a fire with gasoline. It's possible. Not advisable.

Underneath, I believe Obama is a human being just like all of us. That means he is not immune to overreacting and screwing up at times. Everybody gets pissed at being goaded (whether deserved or not). He's no exception.

Michael

Just a thought...

Greg

I definitely think some people over there think this way.

But I think it's mixed.

And yes, Obama might be trying to make a play by talking about impeachment. I don't see a clear path to him playing the racist card with this, though, except as a secondary effect.

It sure doesn't stop his buddy Holder from playing it! :laugh:

If he is making a play, I believe it would be to get the impeachment cry fully out in the open before it grows more. That way he can attack the supporters to try to make them look foolish, one by one. Obama's team is very good at targeting individuals.

But this strategy in the current climate is dangerous because it tries to drown a fire with gasoline. It's possible. Not advisable.

Underneath, I believe Obama is a human being just like all of us. That means he is not immune to overreacting and screwing up at times. Everybody gets pissed at being goaded (whether deserved or not). He's no exception.

Michael

However this all unfolds... it will be fascinating to witness.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

The impeachment idea is sticking and getting worse.

And the White House is addressing it as if this were a normal issue.

This is what Drudge looked like this morning:

ObamaDrudgeImpeachment.jpg

Here is where the headline linked to:

White House: Republicans May Push to Impeach Obama If They Get the Chance
by Fred Lucas

Jul. 25, 2014

TheBlaze

I'm very pleased to see this because it is the first time I know of that a Blaze article got top billing on Drudge.

No need to quote, though. White House officials talking about impeachment, etc. etc. etc. Too many these days. But I recommend going to the linked article for those interested.

Michael