Long-time Objectivist Robert Bidinotto's new thriller novel Bad Deeds was just published today on Amazon. It's a follow-up to his previous 2011 best-seller, Hunter, featuring many of the same characters.

I was lucky enough to read an advance copy, and I can report that this new book is simply outstanding. The hero of the story is a tough guy and "lone-wolf vigilante" (Bidinotto's own words) in the tradition of Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer, Lee Child's Jack Reacher, Showtime's Dexter, and many cartoon superheroes. Also in the tradition of the dynamos of Ayn Rand.

The lead character is investigative reporter Dylan Hunter, and he's an independently wealthy guy who's in love with the ideal of justice. But when exposing the truth about something in a newspaper doesn't do the trick, or when attacked directly, avenging angel Dylan Hunter...doesn't entirely work within the law in fighting back against deadly evil. My kind of guy!

http://www.amazon.com/BAD-DEED...

Thanks for the heads up, just bought it.

I read Hunter while traveling a couple of weeks ago. It must have been recommended by someone here because it's not something I normally would have picked myself, although I can't remember who recommended it. In any case, I really enjoyed it (obviously), although I hope in this next one his lead female becomes a bit less ridiculous.

I read Hunter while traveling a couple of weeks ago. It must have been recommended by someone here because it's not something I normally would have picked myself, although I can't remember who recommended it. In any case, I really enjoyed it (obviously), although I hope in this next one his lead female becomes a bit less ridiculous.

I haven't read Biddy's book. What did you think was ridiculous about the female lead?

J

I haven't read Biddy's book. What did you think was ridiculous about the female lead?

J

She's a CIA agent, but her thought process goes something like this... "I looked you up and you have no history beyond two years ago. Oh, you changed your name because you had a run in with the mob, okay there's totally no red flags there even though you have a gabizillion dollars on a journalist's salary and oh, wait, what was I saying, you're so dreeeaaaamy."

She started out as a badass, but turned into a silly girl quickly.

Bad Writing by Robert Bidinotto.

Daunce: you vixen, where have you been!

Your wit has been missed around here. In fact, Adam has claimed to be tortured by your absence!*

*But, apparently, he liked it! :laugh:

Brant missed you so much he flounced for almost two weeks! :cool:

And Greg the Moralist has apparently been so distraught that he has been reduced to repeating himself again, and again, and again, and then claiming all of us deserved it. :D

And I have missed you so much I have become one of those weenies who uses too many emoticons! :sad:

She's a CIA agent, but her thought process goes something like this... "I looked you up and you have no history beyond two years ago. Oh, you changed your name because you had a run in with the mob, okay there's totally no red flags there even though you have a gabizillion dollars on a journalist's salary and oh, wait, what was I saying, you're so dreeeaaaamy."

I really don't recall that from Hunter in 2011 -- but that was three years ago, so maybe I forgot. In the current novel, Bad Deeds, Annie is very much dynamic and badass, albeit not quite on Dylan Hunter's level. She does suffer somewhat from what could be called "girlfriend syndrome" (from the movies). Still, Hunter is the lead character and hero, so what do you expect? They aren't a Batman and Robin evil-fighting partnership. That said, her actions in Bad Deeds are nothing but central to the plot and heroic.

I really don't recall that from Hunter in 2011 -- but that was three years ago, so maybe I forgot. In the current novel, Bad Deeds, Annie is very much dynamic and badass, albeit not quite on Dylan Hunter's level. She does suffer somewhat from what could be called "girlfriend syndrome" (from the movies). Still, Hunter is the lead character and hero, so what do you expect? They aren't a Batman and Robin evil-fighting partnership. That said, her actions in Bad Deeds are nothing but central to the plot and heroic.

Actually, now that you bring it up, Hunter was kinda silly in regards to Annie as well. I found it hard to believe that he wouldn't have known much sooner who she was related to (trying not to include spoilers here). That said, I enjoyed the story enough that I was willing to suspend disbelief on both counts. And to buy the next book.

On second thought, I withdraw the suggestion. Please don't support self-published authors.

I've had about as much charity as I can stand, and I don't need the money.

Wolf,

LOL...

:smile:

Deanna is one of the good guys.

Believe me, her deal ain't charity. It's community (kinda). She's just trying to make a connection with you.

If she doesn't like what she reads, you will know it loud and clear. She actually reads the stuff she gets and talks about it.

Michael

On second thought, I withdraw the suggestion. Please don't support self-published authors.

I've had about as much charity as I can stand, and I don't need the money.

I didn't realize a value exchange was charity. Unless, of course, you think I won't get any value in return for my money and time.

Bad Writing by Robert Bidinotto.

Daunce: you vixen, where have you been!

Your wit has been missed around here. In fact, Adam has claimed to be tortured by your absence!*

*But, apparently, he liked it! :laugh:

Brant missed you so much he flounced for almost two weeks! :cool:

And Greg the Moralist has apparently been so distraught that he has been reduced to repeating himself again, and again, and again, and then claiming all of us deserved it. :D

And I have missed you so much I have become one of those weenies who uses too many emoticons! :sad:

PDS, you fox. I too have missed you all dearly (well, most of you) but circs divide me more from posting than I would wish. Briefly I have been doing some medical stuff which, fear not, bids fair to render me even more super-excellent than I already am, if possible, but it is distracting and my laptop is a goner. However I have much to say and aim to resurge ! Tomorrow if not sooner.

Life does not have the same savour without Kelly's Tavern and its exclusive and refined clientele.

A la prochaine

C

• 3 weeks later...