Israeli Independence And Libertarian Blindness

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean, and what I'm intensely concerned about, is that I'm picking up too many signals from too many diverse sources that a propaganda campaign is in full swing over Israel.

Tony,

You might be interested in reading The Case for Israel written in 2003 by Alan Dershowitz. Back in 2003 they were making the same goddam arguments they make today.

If you look at the quotes in that book, you will see the accusations have been around far longer than 2003. Your concerns are actually old news to those in Israel.

In these arguments, including the ones on this thread, you see people essentially copy/pasting all the same arguments against Israel that are given for years. And the way the game is played is we are supposed to copy/paste the refutations. And go around and around.

The purpose is not to win any argument, but to keep the accusations alive as if they were legitimate.

They aren't. They are just a form of Jew-baiting underneath.

(There are some legitimate criticisms of Israel, but not in this context. These critics aren't serious. All they want to do is demean Jews.)

I stopped playing and started telling stories instead.

That's a lot more fun than being conned by people who are already conned. Or worse if they know what they are doing.

Michael