My photography at Deviant Art

Jules Troy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jonathan! I'm working on giving some of the "professionals" a good run for their money!

I have some captures on the "to do" list that if I pull them off are going to make me a happy photographer! Been planning them since last year. Just need the right light and the right action.

I have the very best spot for ospreys now, a couple kingfishers, but the tough one I'm really hoping for now that I know were they hang out is wolves.

Thanks Jonathan! I'm working on giving some of the "professionals" a good run for their money!

I have some captures on the "to do" list that if I pull them off are going to make me a happy photographer! Been planning them since last year. Just need the right light and the right action.

I have the very best spot for ospreys now, a couple kingfishers, but the tough one I'm really hoping for now that I know were they hang out is wolves.

Jules:

Rush had a fascinating call yesterday from an individual who rehabs rescue animals.

He is a professional and his wife is a veterinary tech.

I did not hear the beginning because I was working on a memorandum.

At any rate, wolves were one of his "pet projects."

It was some of the best calls Rush has had in so many ways.

I will see if there is a capture of it since I am not a subscriber.

He was put through by Mr. Beau Snerdly, Rush's made up name for his call screener and program director, because he wanted to talk about Ben Carson.

Apparently, as folks are on hold, some for hours, the show is piped in.T4BJuVox9fMs.jpgSome folks will refer to someones call as they were waiting. Such was the case today.

The absolute brilliance of how Rush works a call is a tribute to his intellect, discipline and drive.

The official "program observer" and call screener. His real name is James Golden, and he is an African-American. From comments Limbaugh has made on the air, it would seem he assists with research as part of preparation for the show and is in the control booth as the show is being broadcast. He co-hosted a Sunday night talk show, James and Joel, on WABC with Joel Santisteban from 1992 to 1998. Snerdley is a pseudonym Limbaugh invented for his call screeners in general, and several have been called so over the years, both male and female. During a show in 2004, Limbaugh was not at the microphone for the last segment of the second hour (it was only about ten seconds), and Snerdly came on instead: "This is Bo Snerdly, Rush will be right back on the EIB Network." It was one of the very rare times his voice has been heard on the program before 2008. "Bo" Snerdly screens callers at the Palm Beach Florida broadcasting location and in New York City. In February 2008, Snerdly was appointed by Limbaugh as the show's Official Criticizer of Barack Obama: "certified black enough to criticize" On the July 24th show, "Bo" was put on the air as the "Official Obama Criticizer", and spoke for roughly 5 minutes with Rush about the incident with Cambridge police.

http://www.zimbio.com/Bo+Snerdly/articles/G1cjNP_lE7x/Bo+Snerdly+Limbaugh+producer+certified+black

A...

• 1 month later...

http://jestephotography.deviantart.com/art/American-Avocet-Serenity-539767839

Ok here Is me blending Photography to what I consider "wall hanger" art if I put this one on canvas it would probably get a bit of attention.

My first "High Key" capture.

Astounding. A martial arts bird and the reflection is mesmerizing.

Great work Jules...

• 3 months later...

Is the first one the Pippen?

How do ya do it?

Digital optical mirrors and the smoke of a creative mind?

• 2 weeks later...

http://jestephotography.deviantart.com/art/Plains-Bison-Tender-564144568

One I'm very happy with. I have been as of late waiting for "moments" in an effort to turn my wildlife photography into a more aesthetic artform.

One method I have found is to "isolate and simplify" as well as to catch an expression that is easily anthropomorphized by the viewer.

http://jestephotography.deviantart.com/art/Plains-Bison-Tender-564144568

One I'm very happy with. I have been as of late waiting for "moments" in an effort to turn my wildlife photography into a more aesthetic artform.

One method I have found is to "isolate and simplify" as well as to catch an expression that is easily anthropomorphized by the viewer.

I like it!

"Even a busy bull has to stop and smell the flowers..."

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm in the process of setting up an actual site at FAA for marketing some of my images. I was impressed with the number of products and sizes/formats for framing they offer for prints/canvases as well as something I never would have thought of. Duvet and throw pillows!

I've uploaded a couple of horses (customer request at home here) as well as a couple others. Will be populating my gallery over the next few weeks until I have about 20-25 solid images.

My question is should I after I have 20-25 images up should I maintain it so that I always have only that many and possibly rotate them out one to five at a time with fresh material? My thinking is if I have more than that even if sorted into individual galleries people might become bogged down with too many and just lose interest regardless of how many are really really good.

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jestephotography.html

This is my page. It is new and I would like to tweek it as I become more familiar with it.

I suggest fewer images so the visitor to your images doesn't get satiated and not come back. The more imagines the less time the visitor will give to each.

I also suggest more whole animal rather than partial animal. Portriat shots are for humans. (I'm just speaking generally; I didn't say no partial animal shots; "Flowing Mane" is great.)

I do wonder about titliling photographs; that seems more a painting convention. The photograph is already, usually, literal enough IMHO. Why the redundancy except for ordering a print data? That'd work.

--Brant

instead of changing or rewriting this post I'd stick with many images for the blowup feature is great--that is, I'd drop the first (and last) paragraphs (Hey! One out of three ain't bad!)

(This way the reader can see my great mind at work!)