Superstealth AKA Stealth - Nomadic - Dispersed [SND]

dennislmay

On this site and at least 4-5 others inhabited by libertarians and objectivists Dan Ust and/or I have had discussions [some quite extended] on the subject matter of: Superstealth AKA Stealth - Nomadic - Dispersed [sND]. Superstealth is Dan's term, SND is mine.

Superstealth-SND is a set of strategies for civilizations to survive WoMD. It is my opinion that SND explains the Fermi Paradox. Dan has differing views.

I have been interested in the subject matter for over 30 years - After more than dozen years discussing it on line I have decided to expand on the subject into a science fiction series and fill in all the details.

Dan Ust recently began publishing short science fiction stories on Amazon/Kindle. One of his stories touched a little on the subject at hand. His encouragement has me following his lead publishing the

SND series on Amazon/Kindle as a series of short stories. The subject matter is quite large and it will take as long as it takes - in as many pieces as it takes.

I would appreciate comments here and on Amazon. Comments are likely to help me fill in details in the subject matter.

SND - The Guild
Volume 1 of the SND Series
As Interpreted by Dennis May
SND - Observer Corp
Volume 2 of the SND Series
As Interpreted by Dennis May
A vision of the future for all civilizations
Artwork by Eric May
Find his art on deviantart.com as well as at:

Dennis

Dennis,

Dan is a member of OL, but he has a very thin skin. If you disagree with him and are not convinced by any of his main arguments, he gets pissed, makes threats and leaves.

At least that's what he did with me here on OL. Some others commented at the time they doubt he would be back because he has had a habit of doing this at other places online.

I don't know about the other times since I didn't bother to look, but I was surprised by his sudden petulant attitude and actions. (I could probably dig up the links if you are interested, but in my opinion, it's not worth it.)

Other than the thin skin, though, he seems like a good kid.

Michael

Dennis,

Dan is a member of OL, but he has a very thin skin. If you disagree with him and are not convinced by any of his main arguments, he gets pissed, makes threats and leaves.

At least that's what he did with me here on OL. Some others commented at the time they doubt he would be back because he has had a habit of doing this at other places online.

I don't know about the other times since I didn't bother to look, but I was surprised by his sudden petulant attitude and actions. (I could probably dig up the links if you are interested, but in my opinion, it's not worth it.)

Other than the thin skin, though, he seems like a good kid.

Michael

I have known Dan on-line since my earliest days on the Internet about the time I also met George H. Smith, Debbie Clark, Jeff Riggenbach, Jimmy Wales, and a few others you still see in libertarian/objectivist discussions including here.

Interesting people come in many forms. I would place Dan in the top ten of all time people I've ever met on-line, off-line or in person having interesting things to say - particularly in the sciences and technology. On the subject of Superstealth-SND he is the only other person to date I've heard of that seems to get it - and he came upon it independently which is a double-miracle.

We have differences in some areas. The primary difference seems to be the time scale expectations of change.

Dennis

Civilizations do not outlive the short-sightedness of those who bear the civilization.

That is why empires come and empires go.

Humans, on the whole, are not terribly wise even though some are very intelligent.

I seriously doubt whether any civilization on this planet was planted here by E.T. s

My main reason for doubting the spread of E.T.s is the distance of stars from one another and the limitation of light speed imposed on all movement of massive bodies.

In any case there is not an iota of substantial empirical evidence indicating that human culture or even human biology was the work of intelligent E.T.s

I will not believe this fancy until I see some real empirical evidence, something like a laser projector found buried in on of the Egyptian Pyramids 4000 years ago.

Facts, facts! Not sci fi speculations.

P.S. Drake's equation is bullshit.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Civilizations do not outlive the short-sightedness of those who bear the civilization.

That is why empires come and empires go.

Humans, on the whole, are not terribly wise even though some are very intelligent.

I seriously doubt whether any civilization on this planet was planted here by E.T. s

My main reason for doubting the spread of E.T.s is the distance of stars from one another and the limitation of light speed imposed on all movement of massive bodies.

In any case there is not an iota of substantial empirical evidence indicating that human culture or even human biology was the work of intelligent E.T.s

I will not believe this fancy until I see some real empirical evidence, something like a laser projector found buried in on of the Egyptian Pyramids 4000 years ago.

Facts, facts! Not sci fi speculations.

P.S. Drake's equation is bullshit.

Ba'al Chatzaf

SND is primarily about how any civilization will have to deal with WoMD in the long run. SND is a strategy for the survival of civilization and life itself. As discussed before in this forum the speed of light and

the distance between stars are largely irrelevant to questions concerning the Fermi Paradox. There are trillions of lesser bodies between each star and there is plenty of time available to spread once the

industrialization of space occurs. Civilizations on Earth do not tend to last very long but there are no natural frontiers in space. There is no need for ET to have ever visited the Earth in the SND discussions.

The Cold War was a civilization learning experience. SND will be the final result.

Dennis

SND is primarily about how any civilization will have to deal with WoMD in the long run. SND is a strategy for the survival of civilization and life itself. As discussed before in this forum the speed of light and

the distance between stars are largely irrelevant to questions concerning the Fermi Paradox. There are trillions of lesser bodies between each star and there is plenty of time available to spread once the

industrialization of space occurs. Civilizations on Earth do not tend to last very long but there are no natural frontiers in space. There is no need for ET to have ever visited the Earth in the SND discussions.

The Cold War was a civilization learning experience. SND will be the final result.

Dennis

Given human nature as it is and has been manifested thus far, I would not bet a wooden drachma for a civilization to last more than 3000 or 4000 years. Human beings have not yet outgrown their primate extremities of behavior. I suspect we are at least a half dozen evolutionary jumps away from wisdom.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dennis

Given human nature as it is and has been manifested thus far, I would not bet a wooden drachma for a civilization to last more than 3000 or 4000 years. Human beings have not yet outgrown their primate extremities of behavior. I suspect we are at least a half dozen evolutionary jumps away from wisdom.

Ba'al Chatzaf

That is indeed some of the subject matter to be discussed in the SND series.

Dennis