Global Warming And Reckless Precaution

Ed Hudgins

On eugenics, read the review of Zubrin's excellent book, "Merchants of Despair," the second one in this double book review. (Read the first review as well!)

He is dead on right about the eco-phreaks and wrong about going to Mars at this time. We need to develop better propulsion systems first.

Ba'al Chatzaf

No need to apologize Michael. A nice thing about an open discussion board like yours is that individuals can express their opinions and others can judge whether those opinions--and perhaps the individuals!--are silly or not.

On some other boards--can't remember whether it's occurred to me here--I'll post something, try to respond to interesting comments or valid criticisms, usually ignore silly ones, and then not return to the website for a week or two, very busy with other matters, Then I'll find someone has posted "So, Hudgins is ignoring my takedown of him! Here's sacred! He's defeated!" No, I have a life and do more than debate silly people online!

Anyway, I'll be working on more commentaries and rest assured they'll find their way to objectivistliving.com!

And don't forget that persnickety Old Fart Immanuel Kant who started it all.

David,

Another case where I don't feel sure if I'm understanding your intent.

I think you're gently mocking, yes?

Ellen

Yes.

Why do you consistently underestimate my willingness to mock?*

*I am gently mocking here as well...

No need to apologize Michael. A nice thing about an open discussion board like yours is that individuals can express their opinions and others can judge whether those opinions--and perhaps the individuals!--are silly or not.

Hi Ed,

I've been rushing to your defense because I think your articles are timely and appropriate and I appreciate the fact that you post them here. However, you're not making my task any easier by engaging in personal attacks on your opponents, whether they did them first or not. I don't think it reflects well on you or the Atlas Society.

Darrell