Ayn Rand on Immunization

Donovan A.

Hello friends,

I recently participated in a discussion on the topic of force and rights. The issue of immunization was raised at one point and I remember Ayn Rand dealing with this topic somewhere. Does anyone know where I might be able to find her answer? I have already reviewed The Ayn Rand Lexicon, Objectively Speaking and Ayn Rand Answers and I didn't find anything. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Randall

Thanks so much for the posts, but they are still not what I'm looking for. I remember Rand specifically dealing with the topic in a Q&A. I'm guessing it might have been at the Ford Hall Forum or in Peikoff's 76 Course.

• 7 years later...

Ayn Rand on quarantine ... from a little-noticed Yaron Brook tweet today.

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Ayn Rand on quarantine ... from a little-noticed Yaron Brook tweet today.

William,

What Rand said is common sense and nobody argues with it. The problem is the word "demonstrable." The people who are "demonstrating" the problem are lying their asses off all the time--they themselves keep changing what they say without the situation changing--and the solutions they propose are often dubious. The experts keep yelling at each other.

In that case, quarantine is not warranted. It is a power grab or something other than a medical concern. I don't channel Rand, and, granted, she was a germophobe (like President Trump), but I seriously doubt she would condone shutting down the economy over a small percentage risk.

Leave it up to Yaron Brook to side with Krugman.

Yuck...

Michael

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

What Rand said is common sense and nobody argues with it. The problem is the word "demonstrable." The people who are "demonstrating" the problem are lying their asses off all the time--they themselves keep changing what they say without the situation changing--and the solutions they propose are often dubious. The experts keep yelling at each other.

In that case, quarantine is not warranted. It is a power grab or something other than a medical concern. I don't channel Rand, and, granted, she was a germophobe (like President Trump), but I seriously doubt she would condone shutting down the economy over a small percentage risk.

Leave it up to Yaron Brook to side with Krugman.

Yuck...

Michael

Welp...so much for ARI "throwing down" with Krugman...(I knew I shoulda put that sarcasm emoji in that post...)