JEWS AND YOU AND JEWS

Peter, Jews are much too subtle for you. While you look for Jew Pride parades they burrow into our culture from below injecting their corrosive venom as they go. The whole point of Israel, BTW, is to inflame the Arab-Muslim world into a Gotterdammerung-dung with the Christian world leaving Judaism as the last man standing!

--Brant

I have a copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion--right out of the Czar's archives--so I know what is going on

notice how their houses of worship have clear fields of fire for their machinegun emplacements (an observation from the 1930s still relevant today)

Peter, Jews are much too subtle for you. While you look for Jew Pride parades they burrow into our culture from below injecting their corrosive venom as they go. The whole point of Israel, BTW, is to inflame the Arab-Muslim world into a Gotterdammerung-dung with the Christian world leaving Judaism as the last man standing!

--Brant

I have a copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion--right out of the Czar's archives--so I know what is going on

notice how their houses of worship have clear fields of fire for their machinegun emplacements (an observation from the 1930s still relevant today)

Nasty, nasty!

By the way, The Protocols was written by a non-Jewish anti-semite.

Here is a new book out by a former Communist spymaster who says a lot of the antisemitism in the Arab world is due to a formal disinformation campaign by the Russians--that they were the ones who promoted the Protocols over there, for instance.

Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion, and Promoting Terrorism

by Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa and Ronald Rychlak

I decided to get this as I am interested in the techniques Pacepa talks about. Talk about marketing! :)

I will probably come to the same conclusion as I have now, that this exists, that it is a major component, but there are other factors operating.

Here is the Wilipedia article on Pacepa: Ion Mihai Pacepa. If you read around on the Internet, you will come across people who absolutely hate his guts and call him a liar liar liar. The substance of their venom is not reflected in the Wikipedia article (like, say, there is no "Controversies" section like there is with other articles of polemic figures), so, while not conclusive, it's a sign to someone who just came across this guy that he is the real deal.

In fact, it's well-known that the Russians have been actively doing covert operations in the USA, including disseminating propaganda, recruiting, and organizing a plethora of small groups, since way before the McCarthy years. Somehow public interest in this faded away as if they magically decided to stop. Since there is not much documented stuff in the mainstream on the inside view of Russian intellectual warfare in the USA and the rest of the world, I believe this book is going to make quite a splash. I predict the ripples will go on and on...

It certainly gives a different frame for understanding events than the typical stories with the typical scapegoats pounded to death in the mainstream in a false dichotomy (liberals are baby-eaters versus conservatives are baby-eaters). Just from that aspect alone, this promises to be a refreshing read.

Michael

On a more positive note, here is another theory about Jews from Rabbi Daniel Lapin. Here is the blurb from YouTube and then the video:

I thought one of Rabbi Lapin's best points in that video was Jews regard making money as a virtue. Ayn Rand also shared that view as evidenced by one of the finest parts of AS, Francisco's inspiring money speech. The Old Testament also makes a strong clear connection between morality and prosperity:

"I have been young and now am old, yet have I not seen the uncompromisingly righteous forsaken or their seed begging bread." (Psalms 37:25)

• 5 years later...

This I thought was well-reasoned and still serves us well ... to re-up. [emphasis added]

On 6/10/2013 at 11:39 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

OL is not a percolator. Preaching and covert propaganda are not the purposes of OL. Especially not to promote bigotry, for the love of Pete! This is a site devoted to reason and independent thinking. Where's the independence and where's the thinking in scapegoating Jews all over again?

Or the opposite and promoting Jewish superiority to the rest of mankind?

Or promoting anti-Muslim bigotry?

If there were some actual intelligence going on here, I would not shut it down. But this is pure evil and one of those cases Rand never tired of mentioning where a compromise with it damages the good and strengthens the evil. And note that the evil decries and insinuates lack of fairness. If they want fairness, let them take their spite to other places where they can get it. The web only has 2 billion users or so and so many places to write for free it's not funny. But they don't really want fariness. They want to infect and poison the places where they think they can get away with it until they destroy objectivity and install pure hated in its place.

And don't think this has only been antisemitism. I have one anti-Islamic kook under moderation here on OL who always shows up just to promote his brand of bigotry. I just got so tired of his yawp, I stopped letting most of that garbage through.

There is no value--at least no value for me--to be gained by providing a platform and audience for these clowns. I no longer believe in their objectivity.

Do you, Brant, want to discuss something about Jews? OK. That's cool. You are not a bigot and you are open to reason. I know this from your way of speaking and from interacting with you over years. Just because these clowns speak English, that does not put them in the same category with you.

Do they want to pigeonhole Jews? Or Muslims?

Well, I pigeonhole them. They are bigots. And they complain they don't like being pigeonholed like that.

Heh.

Talk about a friggin' double standard.

OL takes a lot of work to ensure it is a place where people can work through ideas without intimidation--bigoted or otherwise. I intend to keep it that way.

btw - That is precisely where bigotry always leads--intimidation and peer pressure, with the bigots calling it "reason" (as their bullying grows) and the intelligent people making a mass exodus from the surroundings. If you want an easy example in our neck of the woods, look at Solo Passion.

I found this entry by looking for references to the the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS), and found that they were indeed part of a "Mark" list of unpleasant-if-not-evil Joo organizations cited on this page.

Speaking of 'platforms' for bigotry, the alternative/free speech outpost of Gab.com/Gab.ai is under threat:

PayPal bans Gab after synagogue attack perpetrated by user

Edited by william.scherk
Emphasis added

Nobody I know of on OL is a bigot in the real nasty sense of the word.

We have heated discussions about differences and some of them look like they skate close to the edge (especially me with elitists, who I can't stand :) ), but I just can't see someone who posts on OL joining in with mobs doing violence to a targeted minority who they hate simply for existing.

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Nobody I know of on OL is a bigot in the real nasty sense of the word.

We have heated discussions about differences and some of them look like they skate close to the edge (especially me with elitists, who I can't stand :) ), but I just can't see someone who posts on OL joining in with mobs doing violence to a targeted minority who they hate simply for existing.

Michael

Michael, I am dismayed at the odd time an Objectivist or libertarian I've read is scathing of the world's small number of Jews (and of Israel) - as if they are the most significant foe, intellectual and otherwise. Basic collectivism, neo-mysticism and prejudice, conforming with an evident, international and growing wave of antisemitism; traditionally from parts of the far Right - and increasingly so from the New Left (in compromised cahoots with Islamicism).

(That said, you should hear me on the subject of secular Jews who advocate and identify with the hard Left...)

I mentioned here several years ago the first signs of this insidious propaganda campaign launched against world Jewry, backed by Islamic ideology and wealth. College and university campuses in many countries, particularly the US have been the launch-pads. The campaign has been very successful. The thinkers in this neck of the woods should be resistant to such appeals to emotionalist dogma .

Of course these posters are not going to lend weight to violence or condone it, but I believe that hardly justifies their largely unwarranted intellectual attacks picking out a select, ethnic minority, qua ethnicity.

As a btw, the raw irony, we can suppose that most of the observant Jews in any US synagogue are going to be conservative and very likely Republican Trumpians.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:39 PM, anthony said:

Michael, I am dismayed at the odd time an Objectivist or libertarian I've read is scathing of the world's small number of Jews (and of Israel) - as if they are the most significant foe, intellectual and otherwise.

Tony,

Instead of calling them "an Objectivist," why not go with this?

An Objectivist LeaderTM

:) 

Michael

www.JewishWorldReview.com/1118/glick110218.php3

“Just hours after the largest massacre of Jews in America in US history—“

How many other massacres of Jews in America in US history is Caroline Glick referring to?  You must have been asleep in History class when the teacher covered the mass slaughter of hundreds of Ohio Jews in 1960.

This article illustrates the perpetual siege mentality of Jewish culture.   We innocents Jews are forever and always the victim of those vicious Gentiles, foremost among them Donald Trump!  [See Ellen's correction about the last below.]

Recall that Ms. Glick was behind the infamous “We Con the World” video and wrote article after article arguing for the release of the American traitor Jonathan Pollard (Obama released him and he’s now an Israeli).  More details can be found in Birds of a Feather.

"The Joo," by 'Mark.'

Do tell ...

Edited by william.scherk

39 minutes ago, Mark said:

How many other massacres of Jews in America in US history is Caroline Glick referring to?  You must have been asleep in History class when the teacher covered the mass slaughter of hundreds of Ohio Jews in 1960.

This article illustrates the perpetual siege mentality of Jewish culture.   We innocents Jews are forever and always the victim of those vicious Gentiles, foremost among them Donald Trump!

Recall that Ms. Glick was behind the infamous “We Con the World” video and wrote article after article arguing for the release of the American traitor Jonathan Pollard (Obama released him and he’s now an Israeli).  More details can be found in Birds of a Feather.

Did you read any of the article past the first phrase?  The article is very PRO-Trump.

Ellen

49 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Did you read any of the article past the first phrase?  The article is very PRO-Trump.

Ellen

No, I stopped reading after the first phrase.  My statement about CG's opinion of Trump was unjustified.  It looks like his support for Israel has won over CG.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

It looks like his [Trump's] support for Israel has won over CG [Caroline Glick].

I have to agree with Glick's views on Jews who are anti-Trump and who try to blame him for the Synagogue massacre.  Seems to me that the majority Jewish attitude toward Trump - in similar fashion to that of many Objectivists - is oddly at variance with what logically it should be.

Upon reading the material about Glick in your "Birds of a Feather" article, however, I see why you're negative about her.

When was that article published?  I haven't yet read all of it, but I notice on skimming through that most of the Brooks/Pipes events you list were 2015 or earlier, but there is one from 2018. 

Ellen

“Birds of a Feather” grew by accretion.  I forget the date of the first edition except that it was when the Iraq War was still “a thing” and Brook and the rest were pretending to denounce neoconservatives, even as ... but it’s in the article.

I add to it whenever I come across something new that’s relevant.  It’s more a reference/resource than an article.  Thanks for reading part of it.

It’s good Glick fights the absurd claims of Trump’s detractors about the synagogue massacre but I’d rather hear the arguments from a reputable source.  I’ve read enough of Glick to know she frequently argues in bad faith and cannot be trusted.

Even in this instance I’m suspicious.  Indeed, why does she bring up Israel, her adopted country?  Most of her article is about Israel, or Iran in relation to it.  It sounds like she would turn on Trump and argue the opposite way if he were to stop supporting that country.

6 hours ago, Mark said:

This article illustrates the perpetual siege mentality of Jewish culture.   We innocents Jews are forever and always the victim of those vicious Gentiles, foremost among them Donald Trump!  [See Ellen's correction about the last below.]

I've never heard of this mass slaughter of hundreds of Ohio Jews in 1960.

I assume it wasn't in Ohio.

--Brant

oh

5 hours ago, Mark said:

No, I stopped reading after the first phrase.  My statement about CG's opinion of Trump was unjustified.  It looks like his support for Israel has won over CG.

Generally true enough, many pro-Israel Jews were won over by him, not surprising after the insecurity they felt by the damage wrought on the region's status quo, in Obama's terms. As I recall, when campaigning, Hillary Clinton seemed very pro-Israel while Donald Trump then was a lesser-known quantity, but I believe it's true Glick was for Trump from the start.

(Add: FWIW, I was also enthusiastic about him well before he did or said much for Israel. This is not all about Israel...).

12 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

I've never heard of this mass slaughter of hundreds of Ohio Jews in 1960.

I assume it wasn't in Ohio.

--Brant

oh

Referring to the massacre at a synagogue in Pittsburgh PA.

On 6/27/2013 at 1:42 AM, Brant Gaede said:

--Brant

If only that clear fields of fire were true.

21 hours ago, Mark said:

“Birds of a Feather” grew by accretion.  I forget the date of the first edition except that it was when the Iraq War was still “a thing” and Brook and the rest were pretending to denounce neoconservatives, even as ... but it’s in the article.

I add to it whenever I come across something new that’s relevant.  It’s more a reference/resource than an article.  Thanks for reading part of it.

It’s good Glick fights the absurd claims of Trump’s detractors about the synagogue massacre but I’d rather hear the arguments from a reputable source.  I’ve read enough of Glick to know she frequently argues in bad faith and cannot be trusted.

Even in this instance I’m suspicious.  Indeed, why does she bring up Israel, her adopted country?  Most of her article is about Israel, or Iran in relation to it.  It sounds like she would turn on Trump and argue the opposite way if he were to stop supporting that country.

I started to think, when I began at the beginning of the article and then read consecutively, that it probably had grown by accretion, with new developments being added as they came up.

I've read the whole article now, and I found it very informative.on the backgrounds and beliefs of the neoconservatives.  I'm not into reading political commentators and mostly know of those folks just from this bit or that which I see quoted.

I've had enough of a sense of what they're about, however, to wonder at ARI publishing the "Obituary" book when ARI is predominantly saying the same things as the "corpse."

I was interested on seeing that Yaron Brook was down on Trump from the start:

Quoting you:

In Yaron Brook’s Facebook entry of July 21, 2016 he linked to an article by Mr. Pipes titled  “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party” and quoted the beginning:

“The Republican Party nominated Donald Trump as its candidate for president of the United States – and I responded [by] ending my 44-year GOP membership. ¶ Here’s why I bailed, quit, and jumped ship: ¶ First, Trump’s boorish, selfish, puerile, and repulsive ...”

Like Yaron Brook and the other Cultural Leftists Mr. Pipes goes on to call Trump “scary.”  He concludes by, in effect, rooting for Hillary:

“For the Republican Party to recover its soul, Trump needs to be thumped in November.”

On Facebook Mr. Brook called the article  “Excellent.”

My husband and I were in Vienna when the Republican nominating convention was held.  We were attending a conference of the International Symmetry Association, and we were deliberately ignoring politics and focusing on the ISA conference's theme, which pertained to general relativity.

We did soon hear, though, that Trump had won.  We were delighted and presumed that Objectivist and Objectivish people would be also.  What a surprise when we returned home to learn of leading Objectivists saying things like Yaron's Facebook entry.

Reflecting back, I think that we were behind the curve to be surprised.  Your article fills in particulars that we weren't much noticing.

Ellen

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

Referring to the massacre at a synagogue in Pittsburgh PA.

I thank ARI Watch for all it does.

For years you could pay to have a tree planted in Israel, even as far back as 1960 because I remember my grandfather did just that, or more likely my Mom and Dad paid for it and he got a plaque on the wall. Now the Times of Israel has an advertisement that thanks everyone for the trees over the years and invites you to plant a grapevine. “Wine on the Vine. Plant grapevines in Israel – an amazing new way to connect to the land.” For 18 bucks a vine will be planted and you will get a CERIFICATE!  “Choose your winery, choose your cause, plant your vine. It’s that simple.”

That seems kind of steep just for a grape seed. (joke) If they ever sell a sweet, light, red wine over here I may buy a bottle. I might get more excited about an Israeli Bourbon. “Plant an ear of corn and a sprig of rye, make ice and add a ginger ale mixer,” might be a good motto. They could use a sort of sleepy eyed “Johnny Appleseed” icon. Peter