Boycott While You Still Can

dennislmay

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/20/have-any-more-gun-makers-stopped-selling-to-anti-2nd-amendment-states-oh-yeah-lots-more/

"However, none of the “big three” (Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson) providers to law enforcement have stepped up and joined the companies"

Newest article on the subject:

http://cryandhowl.com/2013/03/09/118-gun-makers-wont-sell-to-obamas-government/

The questions brought up by the boycotts may eventually find their way to the courts where big government is sure to trample rights like a scene right out of Atlas Shrugged Part 2.

When I was in the Air Force there were companies that would not do business with the government. In particular I recall a company that made large specialized hardened fastener pins that one obsolete aircraft still used. Due to some old agreement the company would make them to order but the Air Force would only buy a few at a time and the process was such that they couldn't make any money on a few at a time. The company made 100 years worth, cut up their dies and sent the pins to the Air Force and told them they were done. When the big 1991-1992 crash in defense spending happened many companies divested their military divisions for good - some saw it coming and divested earlier. When Desert Storm happened the government had to beg some of them to reopen temporarily for old times sake.

In our current climate of big thug government I suspect companies boycotting government may become an issue, as well as companies boycotting certain states and state/local governments. So far only specialty gun sales seem to have hit the police departments of thug cities and states and the federal government hasn't been unaffected at all.

What were to happen if preferred popular items were denied to the federal-state-local governments and whole states?

The worst states so far are (and parts of various boycotts) - no particular order:

1 California
2 New York
3 Colorado
4 Illinois
5 Connecticut
6 Hawaii
7 Maryland
8 Massachusetts
9 New Jersey
& the District of Columbia.
What if the boycott were Apple Products [new I-Phone 3-D or some such], or a medicine, or any number of products?
If I were in a position to do so I would refuse to sell anything to the worst offender states - where freedom is a joke, but I don't think it funny (wink to a certain country singer).
Anyway it may not be long when seller boycotts will only be allowed by permission.
Dennis