No such thing as a dumb question?

I refuse to believe you are an INTJ, mainly because I am an INTJ. :laugh:

Name one intuitive thing you have ever done in your entire life. If you have to think very long then it probably wasn't so intuitive.

I've test three ways. It comes out INTJ. Sometimes I have a nightmare and I dream that I am an INTP.

Sounds like I am your nightmare but have not been tested to know for sure :-)

Dennis

Name one intuitive thing you have ever done in your entire life. If you have to think very long then it probably wasn't so intuitive.

I've test three ways. It comes out INTJ. Sometimes I have a nightmare and I dream that I am an INTP.

Sounds like I am your nightmare but have not been tested to know for sure :-)

Dennis

What is this test? Does everybody have to take it?

Holy smokes...*raises hand* Another INTJ over here.

(I'm not really surprised though.)

We could have a party. We'd all hunker down in strategic positions while taking swipes at each other across the room.

PDS, I'm no expert, but my understanding of the N in the MBTI is that it's not so much about "intuitiveness" as in "woman's intuition", but more the tendency to apprehend the world in a highly systematized way. More induction, less direct observation in other words. Bob's aspieness has something to do with that, I imagine.

Putting it in Randian terms, you could say N's are Rationalists and the S's are Concrete Bound.

Here's a humorous guide/FAQ for non-INTJs to better understand the INTJs in their lives. More than a grain of truth there as well. I think Bob in particular will enjoy it.

There is a remarkably close association between being an INTJ and being an Aspie. I happen to be both.

By the way that piece is semi-funny.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I would expect an Aspie to more likely be ISTJ than INTJ. S for details and facts; N for the big picture.

INTP are the "big picture" folk. INTJs are interested in results.

Daunce, The test is the MBTI.

Myer Briggs Type Indicator

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/

ttp://psychology-tools.com/myers-briggs-type-indicator/

Extrovert versus Introvert

Feeling versus Thinking

Judgmental versus Perceptive

INtuitive versus Sensing

Keirsey temperament is based on the MBTI

http://keirsey.com/

Keirsey looks at the middle two scores

iNTj is similar to eNTp, because of the iNtuitive-Thinking component.

Ayn Rand was an INTJ "Master mind."

I am about 50-50 on the E/I, so I am often a "Field Marshall" (big ideas and go down in flames)

Daunce, do not confuse Dennis's view with mainstream science.

It is my view that the scale of smaller and smaller particles continues on indefinitely into the smaller and smaller - but mine is a minority view in current times.

[. . . ]

There are many nearly equivalent QM theories and only a few predict granular space time. I view most of them as wildly incorrect and since they have no evidence to support themselves the question remains wide open. Dennis

So smallness is infinite, like largeness? There is no point of nothingness?

At every scale there is still smaller, at every scale there is still larger.

Dennis

I do not have much to go on aside from what I have read, however, Feynman in particular speculated that what we perceive as "electrons" or "quarks" are only the effects of something deeper (if that is the word). The narrative of Flatland offers some insight, perhaps.

And there are different kinds of infinity. 1, 2, 3, a gazillion and 1, a gazillion and 2.... is one kind. The distance between 1 and 2 is another. Hard to say...

It's my thread and I can be dumb if I want to.

What is this test, please?

I'll save you the time:

INFP

Holy old kitty,I looked it up and the "bill paying and dressing appropriately" had me dead to rights.

Damn you, Karl Jung!

Holy smokes...*raises hand* Another INTJ over here.

(I'm not really surprised though.)

We could have a party. We'd all hunker down in strategic positions while taking swipes at each other across the room.

PDS, I'm no expert, but my understanding of the N in the MBTI is that it's not so much about "intuitiveness" as in "woman's intuition", but more the tendency to apprehend the world in a highly systematized way. More induction, less direct observation in other words. Bob's aspieness has something to do with that, I imagine.

Putting it in Randian terms, you could say N's are Rationalists and the S's are Concrete Bound.

SB: you may be right. I do notice that Baal never mentioned anything intuitive in response to my taunt...

The proof tends to be in the pudding on these things: when I read a description of an INTJ, I feel like I am reading a description of myself, more or less. That tells me the test methodology is pretty dead-nuts.

I have taken three versions of the M-B test and I come out INTJ every time.

I have taken three versions of the M-B test and I come out INTJ every time.
I looked up INTJ too and it certainly validates your scientific cred Baal. And I could see how an INTJ would be very successful at lawyering, and even hockey. Yes PDS that is a straightup compliment.

Reading the one Serapis assigned to me I am struck how patterns I have always thought of as character flaws or failures are described so neutrally!

Feeling almost good enough to pay a couple bills and do some laundry,

Carol