Bill O’Reilly calls for universal gun registration

dennislmay

http://thegunwire.com/blog/youtube-video-foxnews-bill-oreilly-calls-for-universal-gun-registration-as-a-way-to-reduce-gun-violence/

Bill O’Reilly is no damn good. I pretty much stopped watching him a year and a half ago because of his complete grade-school-level ignorance of basic economics. I just happened to see this clip last night flipping channels. He seems to bend over backwards in refusing to understand what Obama is - something Beck has called him to task on many times. Now not only is he OK with trashing the Constitution he would do so in a manner leading directly to dictatorship. He has no business having a TV program any longer.

In a sadder note Beck revealed about a week ago that Rupert Murdoch supports the Progressive takeover of education in the US - otherwise known as Common Core. Is Fox News about to become irrelevant - just another Progressive news source like the rest? Will The Blaze be the last valid broadcast news source left?

In a related story AP News has introduced a number of PC policies concerning which phrases are allowed to be used when discussing Islamic terrorists - all meant to sugar coat the subject and misinform the public.

Dennis

How anyone could take either Beck or O"Reilly seriously beats me. They are buffoons.

Dennis,

I wouldn't go too far down on O'Reilly, but your mileage may differ.

The thing for me is to understand that he is motivated by a value frame that is different than the libertarian one--his thing is to "look out for the folks." He's pretty pragmatic about libertarian principles so long as that end has a good result.

Agree or disagree, that is his perspective. I, personally, take him like that and, from that view, I see he does an incredible amount of good work.

When you look at the ratings, it's undeniable that he gives lots and lots of people information in a form that resonates with them. Since I am an optimist about the human spirit, when I look at the nature of his competitors, I believe this is a good thing. :)

O'Reilly's wrong about gun registration, but he can be turned around with reason+results. I can't say that for the vast majority of his competitors.

The part I respect in his approach is that he speaks his own mind and he looks with his own two eyes. He's not an ideologue who blanks out chunks of reality because it doesn't fit with his theory.

He tends to look at reality, tries not to distort the facts, and takes a stand. And he's clear why he does it--looking out for the folks. That's his main premise for just about everything. I don't fear people like that, even when I disagree with them.

Michael

The next step after universal gun registration is universal gun confiscation.

guns have been registered in various states for over 50 years and there has been no general confiscation of fire-arms.

The next step after universal gun registration is universal gun confiscation.

guns have been registered in various states for over 50 years and there has been no general confiscation of fire-arms.

US states?

Anyone who registers his weapons with the stat is ...hmmm, how can I put this...

he is an:

bth_B1A4-ASSHOLE.gif

Dennis,

I wouldn't go too far down on O'Reilly, but your mileage may differ.

The thing for me is to understand that he is motivated by a value frame that is different than the libertarian one--his thing is to "look out for the folks." He's pretty pragmatic about libertarian principles so long as that end has a good result.

Agree or disagree, that is his perspective. I, personally, take him like that and, from that view, I see he does an incredible amount of good work.

When you look at the ratings, it's undeniable that he gives lots and lots of people information in a form that resonates with them. Since I am an optimist about the human spirit, when I look at the nature of his competitors, I believe this is a good thing. :smile:

O'Reilly's wrong about gun registration, but he can be turned around with reason+results. I can't say that for the vast majority of his competitors.

The part I respect in his approach is that he speaks his own mind and he looks with his own two eyes. He's not an ideologue who blanks out chunks of reality because it doesn't fit with his theory.

He tends to look at reality, tries not to distort the facts, and takes a stand. And he's clear why he does it--looking out for the folks. That's his main premise for just about everything. I don't fear people like that, even when I disagree with them.

Michael

O'Reilly seems unable to learn - no matter how many times his economic grade schooler views have been explained to him he keeps going right back to it. After the 3rd or 4th generation of that act I came to the conclusion it is just an act. It is exactly the same trick pulled by generations of progressives saying "automatic weapons" when they know semi-automatic is what is being discussed. The same people make the same errors time and again and no matter how many times they or their buddies are corrected they never learn - they don't learn because it is an act.

I'm not saying O'Reilly isn't better than basically all the news people on all the other broadcast networks [except the Blaze] - but then who isn't - not a very high bar, I'm saying he needs to get his mind straight in this time and place where getting out the real stories is now a matter of life and death. I haven't heard him contribute anything useful on the really big questions for a very long time. I just can't waste any more time hoping his mind finally starts to work right. There are better sources out there on talk radio, the Internet, and The Blaze.

Dennis

There are better sources out there on talk radio, the Internet, and The Blaze.

Mega dittos dude!

Mega dittos dude!

I can't get Rush at work so I don't get to hear him much except when traveling. He is how I first heard of Rand and Mark R. Levin. Not a word about Rand or anything like her when I was in high school or college. Talk radio has taught me magnitudes more in several subjects than the liberal arts parts of my college education.

Dennis

Mega dittos dude!

I can't get Rush at work so I don't get to hear him much except when traveling. He is how I first heard of Rand and Mark R. Levin. Not a word about Rand or anything like her when I was in high school or college. Talk radio has taught me magnitudes more in several subjects than the liberal arts parts of my college education.

Dennis

Precisely why it is hated.

The interesting factor is that it cannot be killed. It is a hot medium and it cannot be silenced.