Thoughts on the Boston Marathon Bombing?

Obama had nothing to do with the Miranda decision...

Pete,

I disagree.

Obama may not have personally instructed people in this case (actually, I would be surprised if he did), but he appointed a staff that follows his specific line of thinking.

The people under Obama perform and give orders according to a party line. Not reading Miranda rights to an American caught on American soil, but wishing to try foreign terrorists caught overseas in USA courts, is a pretty good indication of that kind of thinking.

Michael

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest news:
www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-bombers-fbi-hunting-12-strong-1844844
The brothers were part of a larger group. The article repeats earlier reports that the mother claims the brothers were tracked by the FBI during the last several years, and that the FBI denies it, saying they only interviewed them once two years ago.

The three people arrested the 19th have been released, two others arrested:

www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130420/NEWS/130429995

Mark,

I embedded it for you. To embed from YouTube is really easy. Click on "share" underneath the video. Copy the short code that appears, paste it in your post on OL and simply click "Post."

The URL at the top of the YouTube page does not work for this.

btw - The kid is a sweetheart.

"And anyone calling for the US to invade another country because of the Boston bombing... really?!!..."

:)

A bit about Brother Nathanael: He started as a Jewish Rabbi; then ditched Judaism; and became a Christian. Now he bashes Jews. But he is thumbs up on freedom and thumbs down on tyranny. He usually connects the creeping tyranny to Jews.

"Boston's Prelude To Martial Law" 4:22

Obama had nothing to do with the Miranda decision...

Pete,

I disagree.

Obama may not have personally instructed people in this case (actually, I would be surprised if he did), but he appointed a staff that follows his specific line of thinking.

The people under Obama perform and give orders according to a party line. Not reading Miranda rights to an American caught on American soil, but wishing to try foreign terrorists caught overseas in USA courts, is a pretty good indication of that kind of thinking.

Michael

A pretty good analysis of this entire issue can be found here.

About the "Brother Nathanael" video:

"The jews control the DHS" is over the top. And his manner turns me off. How to describe it? He talks as if everything -- everything -- is a joke.

Setting those flaws aside, in this particular video he's right. I'd rather hear it from someone else though. The man is a nutcase.

He didn't deserve this:
www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/x844359234

Who’s Behind the Boston Marathon Attack?
Two lone nuts – or a conspiracy with overseas connections?

by Justin Raimondo of AntiWar.com

A bit verbose but he argues well for the second case: "premeditated Islamist terrorism with an overseas connection."

Two excerpts:

"... the idea that we can invade other countries – indeed, that we must invade countries like Afghanistan – so as to prevent terrorists from acquiring a 'safe haven' is absolute nonsense. We tried that, and it didn’t work. Boston is the proof."

"Anti-interventionists are ... given more intellectual and political ammunition on account of this incident ...: the invade-the-world strategy hasn’t worked. And unless Senators McCain and Graham are going to be advocating a US invasion of Chechnya and Dagestan, it’s clear the War Party hasn’t got an answer for this one."

ARI will have a hard time spinning this attack into "we must bomb Iran."

The little twerp claims they acted alone, no contact with a foreign group.

We must assume he will say whatever he thinks will benefit him regardless of the truth.

news.antiwar.com/2013/04/22/boston-bombing-suspect-charged-in-civilian-system-of-justice

www.washingtonpost.com/national/boston-bombing-suspect-cites-us-wars-as-motivation-officials-say/2013/04/23/324b9cea-ac29-11e2-b6fd-ba6f5f26d70e_story.html

One terrorist group in Dagestan claims they had nothing to do with it: "Dagestan’s leading terrorist grouping [sic] distanced itself from the Tsarnaev brothers ... . The group ... said it was not engaged in operations in the US and was battling solely against Russia."

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/boston-marathon-bombing-tamerlan-tsarnaev-may-have-met-dagestan-rebels-8583614.html

The little twerp claims they acted alone, no contact with a foreign group.

We must assume he will say whatever he thinks will benefit him regardless of the truth.

news.antiwar.com/2013/04/22/boston-bombing-suspect-charged-in-civilian-system-of-justice

Have our intelligence masterminds uncovered anything to the contrary?

Everything about the event suggests that these two lads were terrorist wannabe s hoping to make a name for themselves.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

A bit about Brother Nathanael: He started as a Jewish Rabbi; then ditched Judaism; and became a Christian.

Not quite correct. It seems he didn't go so far as to become a Rabbi, but he studied Judaism.

A bit about Brother Nathanael: He started as a Jewish Rabbi; then ditched Judaism; and became a Christian.

Not quite correct. It seems he didn't go so far as to become a Rabbi, but he studied Judaism.

Brutha Nathanael seems a little bit off to me in more ways than one. Aside from his loopiness, he seems to be a Universalist (like most Progressives) in his indictment of Israelis wanting to defend their culture and homeland.

That said, I commend his independent thinking in realizing that Christianity is a far better and more fecund Spaghetti Monster to believe in than what is contained in Judaism. But then again, are Jews a race? A religion? An ethnic group? Whoa, let's not open that can of worms.

Kolker: you think you could talk to your people on our behalf? Make any inroads, possibly? You talk to your people and we'll talk to ours. Let's do some business.

As I suggested a few days ago Beck indeed announced he will be wanting to hire veteran journalists who tried

to report on the Saudi student and the Saudi connection - but got their stories spiked by at least 2 major networks.

Beck also announced he will be reporting on which networks knew what and when and refused to report on it.

So far only Fox News radio did some reporting - then removed the story after the fact once it was reported has

having done so on Beck's radio show.

Beck said Janet Napolitano will be the first to lose her job because of this cover-up and her multiple perjuries

before congress.

If we had a real justice department she would be headed for prison for 10-20. 10-20 being Beck's number.

Beck is going to continue to dribble out the information [modeled after Matt Drudge's tactic when he had the

information all along on Clinton and wanted him to lie and lie some more to show the failure of the networks

to investigate].

The details on todays dribble of information on the cover-up comes at the top of the hour. Doing the dribble

will allow Beck to find more legitimate reporters, further document the failure of the media, keep the story

alive longer so it isn't buried, and give the chance for more law enforcement officials and congressmen

to come forward.

Dennis

Beck just reported - the Saudi student was given a special waiver to even be in the country - was on the no fly list and was on the list of known terrorists with one prior event - before Boston. He has the evidence of who in government tampered with and attempted to destroy the evidence and is going to trickle it out. Also gave out the names of the 2 agents who created the original file - interesting to see what will happen to them to cover for Napolitano.

Beck has multiple copies of the evidence and has some in safes at various locations.

Dennis

Why do you invoke Glenn Beck? He is an a**hole.

Again I ask where does BaalChatzaf get his news?

I suspect it is like I found on Atlantis_II - two or three regulars refused to go where the news is - so they remained unaware of current events. You couldn't discuss many subjects with them because they had no knowledge of current events over an extended period of time.

It doesn't matter what Beck is - he is the one with the information.

Dennis

Why do you invoke Glenn Beck? He is an a**hole.

Again I ask where does BaalChatzaf get his news?

I suspect it is like I found on Atlantis_II - two or three regulars refused to go where the news is - so they remained unaware of current events. You couldn't discuss many subjects with them because they had no knowledge of current events over an extended period of time.

It doesn't matter what Beck is - he is the one with the information.

Dennis

From T.V., the newspapers both foreign and domestic, from blogs, and from people here and abroad who I know personally and trust and get close to first person input. Obviously I cannot be in New Jersey and Boston at the same time. I get input on the Marathon Bombing from my son who lives in Newton which is just outside of Boston. I also contacted people I know in Watertown MA and get the local scuttle butt from them.

I would have a hard time believe Glenn Beck if he told me the time of day. I would double check it on my watch.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I would have a hard time believe Glenn Beck if he told me the time of day. I would double check it on my watch.

I have a hard time discussing information with people who purposefully cut themselves off from information.

Dennis

Do you call Glenn Beck horsesh*t information?

I have a hard time discussing information with people who purposefully cut themselves off from information.

Dennis

I guess I will discuss information from all sources while you discuss a limited set of information with those who want to only discuss limited sets of information.

Dennis

Dennis

I guess I will discuss information from all sources while you discuss a limited set of information with those who want to only discuss limited sets of information.

Dennis

Comment of the month!

--Brant

Dennis,

As you well know, Glenn Beck always tells people not to believe him, but to do their own homework instead. He constantly tells his audience to check other sources and come to their own conclusions.

Bob appears to find that advice useless and prefers "hard news" like calling Beck an asshole.

(That sure is informative. :) )

I doubt anything will change Bob's mind.

I'm thinking of taking a cheap shot and alluding to Jews in Poland warning their community about Nazi intentions, clamoring for folks to check their information, and others shouting them down, saying they were talking "horseshit."

But I won't go there...

(I guess I just did, didn't I? :) )

Anyway, there are two types of intellect. One kind of person looks at stuff for himself regardless of source and concludes to the best of his thinking, and the other who prefers to adopt information and predigested opinions second-hand without any extra scrutiny.

I'll let the reader decide who does which, and even which system the reader prefers for his own life.

As far as I'm concerned, I like you talking about Glenn's latest crusade. It saves me from having to do it.

I believe this current thing will blow up in Obama's face in the same manner ACORN, Van Jones, etc., did.

And if Glenn screws this one up, I will be the first to say so. But he's got too many Congressmen, documents, and high-placed sources on board for me to believe he will screw it up.

To top it off, I bet the mainstream media in general, including Fox News, is not too happy about his wholesale calling them out as seriously flawed and dishonest.

I bet he gets some kickass journalists migrating to his growing media empire from this current Obama administration's debacle.

Michael

Dennis,

As you well know, Glenn Beck always tells people not to believe him, but to do their own homework instead. He constantly tells his audience to check other sources and come to their own conclusions.

Bob appears to find that advice useless and prefers "hard news" like calling Beck an asshole.

(That sure is informative. :smile: )

I'm thinking of taking a cheap shot and alluding to Jews in Poland warning their community about Nazi intentions, clamoring for folks to check their information, and others shouting them down, saying they were talking "horseshit."

But I won't go there...

(I guess I just did, didn't I? :smile: )

Anyway, there are two types of intellect. One kind of person looks at stuff for himself regardless of source and concludes to the best of his thinking, and the other who prefers to adopt information and predigested opinions second-hand without any extra scrutiny.

I'll let the reader decide who does which, and even which system the reader prefers for his own life.

As far as I'm concerned, I like you talking about Glenn's latest crusade. It saves me from having to do it.

I believe this current thing will blow up in Obama's face in the same manner ACORN, Van Jones, etc., did.

And if Glenn screws this one up, I will be the first to say so. But he's got too many Congressmen, documents, and high-placed sources on board for me to believe he will screw it up.

To top it off, I bet the mainstream media in general, including Fox News, is not too happy about his wholesale calling them out as seriously flawed and dishonest.

I bet he gets some kickass journalists migrating to his growing media empire from this current Obama administration's debacle.

Michael

I like that Beck is sitting on a bunch more information and intends to let it drip drip drip according to how the Obama administration reacts. He has warned journalists this will blow up in their faces if they don't get involved. He has warned government officials this will cause some to lose their jobs and things will only get worse if they don't do the right thing.

Beck did say today that his normal advice "not to believe him, but to do their own homework instead" cannot be done on some of this information because some of it is not publicly available yet. It has been leaked by 10+ sources in the government and he needs to protect those sources even as the Obama administration attempts to destroy them, destroy the information itself, hide witnesses, intimidate the media, misinform the media, and continue to protect whatever involvement with Saudi Arabia they are attempting to cover up.

Bigger than Watergate level stuff [more like 1930's Germany] where people have lied and people died and only the tip of the iceberg is apparent at this time.

Dennis

He has a mind?

It appears Beck is making two separate claims. The first is that the feds allowed a known threat – the Saudi character – into the country, just like they did for some of the men who soon became the 9-11 hijackers (see the Shea Memorandum).

The second is that this Saudi character has something to do with the Boston Marathon bombing.

Is that right? (I don't watch Beck.)