Finally, Common Sense on Gun Control!

And where did the common sense come from?

SNL, of course.

These dudes make more sense than anything I have heard in the gun debate so far.

Their question for a background check is: Are you a good person?

And the follow-up: Seriously, are you?

That's more objective than the crap coming out of Washington.

:)

Now, to spoil the fun, here is one that ain't funny at all. You gotta go to the link below on Real Clear Politics Video to see it as it does not embed.

Bill Maher: "The Second Amendment Is Bullshit"

The good news is I think Maher ejected himself out of the gun debate with that one. And it will probably come back to bite him time and time again.

I believe only the totalitarian left will listen to him on guns from here on out. The others, even those who want restrictions, will merely cough and change the subject, or better, change the channel.

Michael

Now the biggest common sense of all:

Senate rejects background checks on gun purchases in 54-46 vote
By Alexander Bolton
April 17, 2013T
The Hill

From the article:

The Senate delivered a devastating blow to President Obama’s agenda to regulate guns Wednesday by defeating a bipartisan proposal to expand background checks.

It failed by a vote of 54 to 46, with five Democrats voting against it. Only four Republicans supported it.

And the funny part:

Michael Bloomberg is throwing a nanny fit. Seems like all his money couldn't buy enough of the Senate to make a difference.

Let's hope folks in NYC celebrate with a round of Big Gulps.

:smile:

Michael

Here's another funny one to look at in light of all the yawp yawp yawp in the media:

Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem
By Michael James
April 16, 2013
CNS News

From the article:

Only 4 percent of Americans think guns and gun control are an important problem facing the country, according to Gallup, and far more Americans are concerned about the economy, unemployment and the federal debt.

All right, there's a slight slant in this story. The 4% in the poll means people from April 4-7 who responded Guns or Gun Control when asked, “What do you think is the most important problem facing the country today?”

But still...

Michael

And where did the common sense come from?

SNL, of course.

These dudes make more sense than anything I have heard in the gun debate so far.

Their question for a background check is: Are you a good person?

And the follow-up: Seriously, are you?

That's more objective than the crap coming out of Washington.

:smile:

Now, to spoil the fun, here is one that ain't funny at all. You gotta go to the link below on Real Clear Politics Video to see it as it does not embed.

Bill Maher: "The Second Amendment Is Bullshit"

The good news is I think Maher ejected himself out of the gun debate with that one. And it will probably come back to bite him time and time again.

I believe only the totalitarian left will listen to him on guns from here on out. The others, even those who want restrictions, will merely cough and change the subject, or better, change the channel.

Michael

If the Second Amendment is bullshit what of the First? Maher should be more cautious. There is an old saying: do not pee in the water in which you stand. You may have to drink it someday.