MO State Concealed Carry Info Given to Feds in Jan

dennislmay

Glenn Beck this morning.

This was among other privacy violation stories Beck discussed today [iRS reading all our e-mail and listening to all our phone conversations, New York state violating medical record privacy to go after gun owners on Meds].

Missouri Highway Patrol gives concealed carry information to the Feds. This is several times now the State of Missouri has leaked or given information to various places it is not allowed to do by law. In this case the personal information on over 180,000 concealed carry permit owners was given away.

In the past I have received all kinds of unsolicited and unwanted ads that came about as a result of the State of MO leaking my information. I once watched a woman at a MO license bureau using their computer system to help a friend track down someone who they claimed owed them money and getting the information on all their vehicles and where they lived.

Several years ago I bought a car last licensed in the State of Oklahoma. I had to get a salvage title because the State of Oklahoma recognized that the State of Missouri department of motor vehicles cannot be trusted with privacy information - hence they would not cooperate getting a new title.

So all expectations of privacy: internet, phone, cell, medical and government records are all out the window regardless of the law. The bill of rights is dead with no apology from the various states or the Federal Government

Dennis

You should move to Oklahoma (I like it here). Missouri is nuts (I have relatives who live there) .

Missouri is a fragmented state - there are parts of Missouri I would not live in.

Oklahoma is one of just a few states I would consider living in if Missouri becomes unbearable. Others include: Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, Utah and Idaho. Perhaps Texas but not sure about that one. Nebraska is my number one choice of an alternative state but Oklahoma has industry out the wazoo so that is a real consideration as well.

Dennis

You should move to Oklahoma (I like it here). Missouri is nuts (I have relatives who live there) .

Dude:

Welcome to OL.

I have clients and close friends in Missouri and they are intelligent and solid individuals.

Perhaps, your genetic stream is the problem. I certainly can vouchsafe Missourians.

A....

And I thought MO was populated exclusively by Dennis and mules.

--Brant

learn something new every day

I have a poster that says Ski Missouri - it has a guy in a pasture wearing a straw hat on ski's with no snow and a mule watching him trying to ski in the mud.

Dennis.

In Arizona you can conceal carry without any permit whatsoever. Too often, though, doctors are asking patients if they have firearms in the home. The pretense is it's a potential health issue. No questions about riding motorcycles without a helmet. You can get a permit that lets you carry your handgun into most states via reciprocal agreements, but I don't travel much. If I did I'd be expected to have a higher level of competence in the use of guns than if I didn't, with serious tort implications. The only photograph of me available electronically is on my commercial driver's license. But I'm not kidding myself. Law enforcement can pull up realms of info about me and where I live just by pushing a few buttons and hitting a few keystrokes.

--Brant

• 2 weeks later...

From NRA-ILA on Tuesday:

Last night, the Missouri Senate unanimously approved House Bill 8, a funding measure that transfers to Missouri sheriffs the authority for issuance of Right-to-Carry permit certificates and the permits themselves from the Missouri Department of Revenue (DOR). As previously reported, there have been several reports that the DOR was collecting and sharing personal documents from individuals receiving a concealed carry endorsement with third parties, including the federal government. This recordkeeping and sharing of private documents by the DOR is a serious violation of public trust. Please contact your state Senator and thank him or her for voting for HB 8, an important measure to protect your right to privacy. HB 8 will now be sent back to the state House for a concurrence vote.

Not only is the Missouri Legislature taking swift action to remove DOR’s role in the permit issuing process, they are also acting on legislation that would prohibit the DOR from sharing personal information with the federal government or other agencies. House Bill 787 and Senate Bill 252 seek to limit the DOR’s ability to scan, store and share your private information. HB 787, sponsored by state Representative Todd Richardson (R-152), has been assigned to the Senate Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and SB 252, sponsored by state Senator Will Kraus (R-8), has been assigned to the House Government Oversight Committee.

While HB 787 and SB 252 are currently awaiting a committee hearing, please contact members of these committees TODAY in support of legislation that would protect your privacy rights.

Good deal they took it away from the state level that cannot be trusted.

Good news from Kansas:

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/04/17/kansas-governor-signs-second-amendment-protection-act/

Extra good because the law depends on what the state of Kansas agreed to when it became a state - not

later BS created by the feds.

Dennis

BREAKING: Docs Show Napolitano Thanked Missouri Governor For Breaking State Law

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/05/01/breaking-docs-show-napolitano-thanked-missouri-governor-for-breaking-state-law/?fb_action_ids=10151586706389932&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151586706389932%22%3A580001638701183%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151586706389932%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon repeatedly denied knowing anything about Missouri illegally sharing its citizens private CCW information with the federal government, even after his own head of Missouri Highway Patrol contradicted him in a public hearing. Now we’ve learned that Nixon not only knew about the violation of Missouri law, but he was thanked in a letter by Janet Napolitano:

Another Progressive - another violated law.

Dennis

BREAKING: Docs Show Napolitano Thanked Missouri Governor For Breaking State Law

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/05/01/breaking-docs-show-napolitano-thanked-missouri-governor-for-breaking-state-law/?fb_action_ids=10151586706389932&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151586706389932%22%3A580001638701183%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151586706389932%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon repeatedly denied knowing anything about Missouri illegally sharing its citizens private CCW information with the federal government, even after his own head of Missouri Highway Patrol contradicted him in a public hearing. Now we’ve learned that Nixon not only knew about the violation of Missouri law, but he was thanked in a letter by Janet Napolitano:

Another Progressive - another violated law.

Dennis

Updates - Feds targeting veterans.

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/05/01/breaking-docs-show-napolitano-thanked-missouri-governor-for-breaking-state-law/

*UPDATE: The Missouri Senate filed remonstrance (h/t Adam):

This is a Senate Remonstrance against the Governor for the release by the Department of Revenue and the Department of Public Safety of personal protected information which has been publicly admitted by the departments.

*UPDATE 2: A senate hearing is underway right now led by Sen. Kurt Schaefer, Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. Moments ago while under oath a SSA agent just admitted that any veteran drawing social security disability and who had a CCW would have been a target .

Dennis