Obama's 2nd term agenda: Get out your candles.

Jerry Biggers

From an MSNBC summary of Obama's second inaugural address:

Earlier in the address he reiterated a theme from his 2009 inaugural address, urging Congress to take steps to remedy the effects of catastrophic weather events and global climate change.

“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations,” he said. “Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires, and crippling drought, and more powerful storms.”

Applauding this part of the speech, Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, said, “This is a call to action against the climate chaos that is sweeping our nation and threatening our future. Now it's time to act. Power plants are our single largest source of carbon pollution. We must cut that pollution.”

As I said, Get out your candles.

bth_Animated_Candle.gif

So this is what the marxist Mrs. Roosevelt meant by lighting a candle versus cursing the darkness...

bth_animated_candle.gif

The President said:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
Today we continue a never-ending journey to bridge the meaning of those words with the realities of our time. For history tells us that while these truths may be self-evident, they’ve never been self-executing...

Through it all, we have never relinquished our skepticism of central authority, nor have we succumbed to the fiction that all society’s ills can be cured through government alone. Our celebration of initiative and enterprise, our insistence on hard work and personal responsibility, these are constants in our character.

Read the entire text for yourself.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/inaugural-address/

Applauding [the "climate change"] part of the speech, Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, said, This is a call to action against the climate chaos that is sweeping our nation and threatening our future. Now it's time to act. Power plants are our single largest source of carbon pollution. We must cut that pollution.
Oh, goody, "climate chaos." That's even messier, and more nebulous and harder to falsify, than "climate disruption."

Ellen

Over on RoR, Peter Reidy found an old movie (Living on Velvet, 1935; IMDB here) in which socialites discuss the perception that the weather is getting warmer in New York. Also, to confuse Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, with President Obama is to confuse Jerry Falwell with Ronald Reagan. The Log Cabin Republicans are the LGBT coaltiion within the GOP, but do not confuse the one with the other.

[...] do not confuse the one [Frances Beinecke] with the other [Obama].

In case you mean me, I didn't confuse them.

Nor did I mention the glaring misrepresentation and huge logical error in the part Jerry Biggers quoted from Obama's talk.

Ellen

Over on RoR, Peter Reidy found an old movie (Living on Velvet, 1935; IMDB here) in which socialites discuss the perception that the weather is getting warmer in New York. Also, to confuse Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, with President Obama is to confuse Jerry Falwell with Ronald Reagan. The Log Cabin Republicans are the LGBT coaltiion within the GOP, but do not confuse the one with the other.

Michael,

So what? What is it you are trying to say here? That MSNBC should not have quoted the NRDC president applauding of Obama's reference to handling global warming? Or that NRDC positions are irrelevant? Their last year's budget was over $112 million, claims 1.3 million members, has a staff of over 400 busily promoting their environmental agenda.in Washington. Neither the NRDC nor their president's statements about Obama's speech are irrelevant.

Nor did I mention the glaring misrepresentation and huge logical error in the part Jerry Biggers quoted from Obama's talk.

Ellen

Ellen,

Please point out "the glaring misrepresentation and huge logical error." My quote is misrepresenting what MSNBC was reporting? Or are you saying that the NRDC president made those mistakes? If so dear, that is their stock in trade.

Thank you

Ellen

Ellen, Please point out "the glaring misrepresentation and huge logical error." My quote is misrepresenting what MSNBC was reporting? Or are you saying that the NRDC president made those mistakes? If so dear, that is their stock in trade. Thank you

Jerry, maybe the sentence structure threw you off. I was referring to what Obama said, which you quoted.

Ellen